PDA

View Full Version : Card sounds

koisoujiro
04-07-2015, 02:06 AM
I personally prefer summoned cards to actually talk (ala hearthstone) gives them more personality and frankly makes them more memorable. The actual one I remember is the Adamanthian Scrivener which sounds like a scottish guy saying "Yo!"... I believe there are enough puns and cool one liners to fit... hold contests or let the community throw in some ideas of what witty quip a card can say or sound.

warstriker
04-07-2015, 04:46 AM
I personally prefer summoned cards to actually talk (ala hearthstone) gives them more personality and frankly makes them more memorable. The actual one I remember is the Adamanthian Scrivener which sounds like a scottish guy saying "Yo!"... I believe there are enough puns and cool one liners to fit... hold contests or let the community throw in some ideas of what witty quip a card can say or sound.

The problem with cards that have a conversation or one-liners is that they need to be multilingual. Which means it would take a lot more time and production costs for Hex. It's definitely something they would want to do but I doubt we will see that in the near future.

vickrpg
04-07-2015, 10:01 AM
The problem with cards that have a conversation or one-liners is that they need to be multilingual.
or...
Take a cue from Nintendo and just don't translate them. Japanese versions of Mario games still say "It's a me, Mario!" and I hear tons of Japanese in American translations of games too(Marth in smash, Ryu in Street fighter). It just makes it more iconic and makes people wonder what the heck "Minna, miteite kure!" means.

As a non-native English speaker, I always appreciated English voices in my games, it helped me pronounce stuff.

Zophie
04-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Just have them all speak Simlish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simlish), or in this case, Hexlish.

Warrender
04-08-2015, 05:02 AM
A cool effect would be to have the flavor text read out loud.