PDA

View Full Version : Odd email sent out today?

ThomasHunter
04-07-2015, 07:46 AM
I just received an email from the GameForge folks saying to "come back to Hex" and "here's a code for a free booster pack".

This is strange for a couple of reasons - I am a KS backer, a current VIP, and play almost daily. I'm already here!!!:cool:

Another odd point is that I have an email on both my email accounts (I must have used both at some point).

Has anyone else received these? Are they legit? Can I redeem if they are? 2 packs sound fun to me!!!

Thanks all,
Taleisin

Cernz
04-07-2015, 07:47 AM
got the mail and redeemed 1 pack ;)

Ju66ernaut
04-07-2015, 07:47 AM
I received the same e-mail. It looks legit.

ossuary
04-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Damn, I want free packs. Email me, GameForge, I'll gladly "come back" to Hex. ;)

theghost32
04-07-2015, 07:58 AM
i just received an email from gameforge as well with a free booster

MatWith1T
04-07-2015, 08:01 AM
They're good... I had only been logged out 2 minutes before they offered me a Booster Pack to 'Come Back to Hex'
Spoiler: It worked :p I'M BACK!

N3rd4Christ
04-07-2015, 08:06 AM
No email yet

Tachi_The_Lion
04-07-2015, 08:09 AM
No email yet

Same~

Note to Self: If I want to do a giveaway, I give everyone something at the same time. Else bad things gonna happen...:rolleyes:

Kami
04-07-2015, 08:09 AM
And I quote from bottom of e-mail: "You are receiving this email because you signed up for Hex Beta on hextcg.com or are a Kickstarter backer and we love you!"

Note the bolded.

Svenn
04-07-2015, 08:11 AM
And I quote from bottom of e-mail: "You are receiving this email because you signed up for Hex Beta on hextcg.com or are a Kickstarter backer and we love you!"

Note the bolded.
The weird part about this is that the email address they sent this to was the one from Kickstarter... which I promptly changed as soon as possible. I wonder why they even still have that email on file.

Xenavire
04-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Sooo... All the emails can't be sent out yet. Because I know two people who pledged the same way I did who got the email, yet I have nothing so far.

Svenn
04-07-2015, 08:12 AM
Sooo... All the emails can't be sent out yet. Because I know two people who pledged the same way I did who got the email, yet I have nothing so far.

Of course they are not. Do you remember how long it took to send out the alpha invites? This will be an all day thing. ;)

hex_colin
04-07-2015, 08:14 AM
The weird part about this is that the email address they sent this to was the one from Kickstarter... which I promptly changed as soon as possible. I wonder why they even still have that email on file.

Mailing List =/= List of Account Login Email Addresses presumably. They put all of the KS folks into their mailing list system to provide our rewards and then added folks who signed up for Beta on HEXTCG.com. No way they're syncing that with account updates.

Xenavire
04-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Of course they are not. Do you remember how long it took to send out the alpha invites? This will be an all day thing. ;)

I was more saying that for the benefit of people who will inevitably complain. :p

Tachi_The_Lion
04-07-2015, 08:15 AM
AND... I got the email 2 minutes after I whined.

Note to Self: WHINE! IT WORKS!

Xenavire
04-07-2015, 08:18 AM
AND... I got the email 2 minutes after I whined.

Note to Self: WHINE! IT WORKS!

I got mine too - even not whining works! :p

Svenn
04-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Mailing List =/= List of Account Login Email Addresses presumably. They put all of the KS folks into their mailing list system to provide our rewards and then added folks who signed up for Beta on HEXTCG.com. No way they're syncing that with account updates.
I backed the KS 3 times... so far I've got 2 emails both to the KS addresses and none to my actual account yet. I'm curious how many of these emails I'm going to get. If that's the case, are they going to send me 3 KS emails and one for my account (which is on a separate email address from all 3)? That's a lot of free boosters...

Warrender
04-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Maybe you need an account on their Hex forums? Got mine. :D

ThomasHunter
04-07-2015, 08:48 AM
And here I thought it was because of my birthday.

<---- Not feeling so special anymore!!! HA!!! :rolleyes: lol

Zophie
04-07-2015, 08:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3oa5LF2.jpg

MatWith1T
04-07-2015, 08:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6TlzYPf.jpg

Salverus
04-07-2015, 09:05 AM
nice surprise :D

bootlace
04-07-2015, 09:13 AM
We need some kind of in-game referral program. Invite a friend to the game and get yourself and your friend a free Booster (IP address of friends account must not have any previous account) when the friend plays in a tournament or buys at least 100 plat - or just give a soulbound booster if you don't want it to require any spending. Invite 7 friends and you can host your own free private draft.

MatWith1T
04-07-2015, 09:14 AM
We need some kind of in-game referral program. Invite a friend to the game and get yourself and your friend a free Booster (IP address of friends account must not have any previous account) when the friend plays in a tournament or buys at least 100 plat - or just give a soulbound booster if you don't want it to require any spending. Invite 7 friends and you can host your own free private draft.

Yeah! Like Candy Crush! (I kid because I love)

Zophie
04-07-2015, 09:17 AM

In a world full of VPNs and free account creation this unfortunately could still be abused. Even with a spending threshold you're still creating an avenue for buying cheaper packs essentially and people will find ways to abuse it.

ThomasHunter
04-07-2015, 09:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6TlzYPf.jpg

Now I feel special indeed!!!! Thanks and awesome!

Shoot, add in the 2 packs and I am a happy camper!

bootlace
04-07-2015, 09:30 AM
In a world full of VPNs and free account creation this unfortunately could still be abused. Even with a spending threshold you're still creating an avenue for buying cheaper packs essentially and people will find ways to abuse it.

You could always raise the spending threshold where the economic impact wouldn't be negative but instead could even be positive (especially as part of a limited promotional campaign). However I feel today's spoiled gamers don't want to pay for anything so..

a better option is giving away soulbound boosters. They already do it with starter decks so I see no reason why they can't do it as part of their growth/acquisition strategy as well. These new players they'll be targeting like HS players and the like are already use to the concept so it's a natural fit.

hex_colin
04-07-2015, 09:37 AM
a better option is giving away soulbound boosters. They already do it with starter decks so I see no reason why they can't do it as part of their growth/acquisition strategy as well. These new players they'll be targeting like HS players and the like are already use to the concept so it's a natural fit.

Because it's a horrible user experience in a true TCG. "Why can't I sell this card?" becomes a very real problem very quickly.

MatWith1T
04-07-2015, 09:42 AM
A small handful of people get free stuff:
http://i.imgur.com/pdhsxhL.jpg

Everyone gets free stuff:
http://recaption.com/uploads/151185240a558a64f1.jpg

bootlace
04-07-2015, 09:47 AM
Because it's a horrible user experience in a true TCG. "Why can't I sell this card?" becomes a very real problem very quickly.

-You're aware this "horrible user experience" already exists in the game right now? The free soulbound packs can very easily be given out at the same stage they're given the soulbound starter decks so to provide a cohesive experience.
-This is a MMOTCG, there's going to be some soulbound stuff and everyone who's played an RPG/MMO can easily understand when you label something 'soulbound'
-The benefits of this growth hack far outweigh the potential few "why can't I sell this card" 'problem'.

nicosharp
04-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Geez, Codependency... I had to leave for work HEX... You can wait a few hours.

but I'll take that pack.

hex_colin
04-07-2015, 09:51 AM
-You're aware this "horrible user experience" already exists in the game right now? The free soulbound packs can very easily be given out at the same stage they're given the soulbound starter decks so to provide a cohesive experience.
-This is a MMOTCG, there's going to be some soulbound stuff and everyone who's played an RPG/MMO can easily understand when you label something 'soulbound'
-The benefits of this growth hack far outweigh the potential few "why can't I sell this card" 'problem'.

A necessary evil with Starter Decks. It wouldn't be that way (and hopefully won't be that way) when they put in place the tech necessary to stop people creating multiple accounts.

We can agree to disagree, but the reality is that you've see very, very little "soulbound" stuff in this game as time progresses.

Zophie
04-07-2015, 09:56 AM

And what about when they want to use their pack in a draft? Are cards still soulbound then? You think other players will like knowing that some of the cards they draft are worth less because they can't be traded, when they paid full price for their packs?

Khazrakh
04-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Well, uhm, thank you I guess?
Love you too Hex <3

TJTaylor
04-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the free pack, HEX Ent. Hugs and kisses.

Sparrow
04-07-2015, 10:06 AM
I've got more than one account and received a booster pack for each one. I'm not complaining but I see potential problems with this if they can't limit it to one per person. I'm thinking now that maybe I should create 10 more accounts -- or 100 more -- to take advantage of these types of things in the future.

And if I'm thinking about it, I know other people are actually doing it.

Edit: Maybe a coupon code for buy 1 pack, get 1 free would be more practical.

nicosharp
04-07-2015, 10:15 AM
I've got more than one account and received a booster pack for each one. I'm not complaining but I see potential problems with this if they can't limit it to one per person. I'm thinking now that maybe I should create 10 more accounts -- or 100 more -- to take advantage of these types of things in the future.

And if I'm thinking about it, I know other people are actually doing it.

Edit: Maybe a coupon code for buy 1 pack, get 1 free would be more practical.
In all honesty, 1 pack per current account is not going to cause any problems. Considering thousands of people already got 100's of packs from the Kickstarter, if they activated their accounts. Multiple accounts are against the TOS. So anyone making questionable trades/IP address links/etc. can easily be seen and dealt with.

Thrawn
04-07-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm thinking now that maybe I should create 10 more accounts -- or 100 more -- to take advantage of these types of things in the future.

Which is already a violation of the terms of service. I would guess as soon as someone starts mailing those packs/cards to one account they're going to end up caught and having every account they have banned.

Zophie
04-07-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm giving my codes to newbs

bootlace
04-07-2015, 10:18 AM
A necessary evil with Starter Decks. It wouldn't be that way (and hopefully won't be that way) when they put in place the tech necessary to stop people creating multiple accounts.

We can agree to disagree, but the reality is that you've see very, very little "soulbound" stuff in this game as time progresses.

No technology exists that I know of that's both exploit-proof AND wouldn't reduce sign-ups (conversion rate/lead generation rate) by quite a bit due to sheer inconvenience/'unattractiveness'.

There's already tons of soulbound/account-bound items: sleeves, mercenaries, starter decks, packs earned from starter trials (?), KS perks. Why is it all of a sudden a problem when we're using it to actually grow the game and get new players in? It even has a side benefit that it would help F2P players get started with grinding the Arena without really hurting the economy.

And what about when they want to use their pack in a draft? Are cards still soulbound then? You think other players will like knowing that some of the cards they draft are worth less because they can't be traded, when they paid full price for their packs?

Yea the pack can't be traded, and whether you open it by hand, in draft or in sealed, the cards themselves are soulbound as well. I don't see a problem with this as long as it's clearly communicated. You already have rares in peoples accounts that are soulbound and I'm not seeing any "why can't I sell my Gore Feast of Kog'Tepetl!!?" rage-threads anywhere.

I'm not suggesting giving out free soulbound packs throughout the game and the PvE campaign but just simply on first account creation as a bonus to your starter deck (and maybe as part of these Gameforge "come back to the game" campaigns).

The words 'free packs' would resonate with so many people from Hearthstone to MTG to even things like FIFA players that I think it's definitely an approach worth considering.

brighten34
04-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the pack, Hex.

(And the Primal that proc'd with it.)

<3

nicosharp
04-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Thank you for the pack, Hex.

(And the Primal that proc'd with it.)

<3
Wowza-we have a winnAH!

hex_colin
04-07-2015, 10:23 AM
Yea the pack can't be traded, and whether you open it by hand, in draft or in sealed, the cards themselves are soulbound as well. I don't see a problem with this as long as it's clearly communicated. You already have rares in peoples accounts that are soulbound and I'm not seeing any "why can't I sell my Gore Feast of Kog'Tepetl!!?" rage-threads anywhere.

Have you thought that through? So, I bring tradeable cards to the draft, you don't, and I potentially leave with much less valuable assets (untradable cards) as a result? That's not going to work on any level.

Svenn
04-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Just no... I don't want to be in a draft going "Crap, all 7 other people brought soulbound packs so now almost everything I draft is just cluttering my inventory and I can't get rid of it."

And what about breaking it down for crafting materials later? Soulbind those parts too? Can't be broken down at all?

You're creating a bunch of weird rules and messing with the economy. With the starter decks it's not a big deal because that's just your base deck tied to your account. Having a bunch of other random cards that are also soulbound is a bad idea.

And we've already been told they had no interest in creating a bunch of random soulbound things.

bootlace
04-07-2015, 10:27 AM
I meant the cards you end up drafting obviously..

hex_colin
04-07-2015, 10:30 AM
I meant the cards you end up drafting obviously..

Still a really bad idea. You could work with your friends to have the people who brought normal packs draft all the legendaries, rares and uncommons. That way you're transforming the untradable cards of those rarities that you would have gotten to tradable versions.

Chark
04-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Which is already a violation of the terms of service. I would guess as soon as someone starts mailing those packs/cards to one account they're going to end up caught and having every account they have banned.

The pack we gave you has marked bills...errr...cards and this is just a clever ploy to find everyone's mule accounts :)

Svenn
04-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Still a really bad idea. You could work with your friends to have the people who brought normal packs draft all the legendaries, rares and uncommons. That way you're transforming the untradable cards of those rarities that you would have gotten to tradable versions.

^That.

And again, other problems like salvaging for crafting materials and whatnot. It's just messy and has weird effects on the economy (you have people who don't need certain cards because they have a bunch of soulbound ones, but those cards can't be sold... so it has an effect on the economy in terms of demand but not supply, for example).

In a game built on being a trading game with collection values it's just a bad idea.

Kami
04-07-2015, 10:35 AM
The pack we gave you has marked bills...errr...cards and this is just a clever ploy to find everyone's mule accounts :)

If this is true, this is a brilliant and devious idea. :P

Svenn
04-07-2015, 10:36 AM

This is actually something I was wondering about. I backed Kickstarter 3 times. I gave out 2 of those accounts to friends and just kept one for myself, but I got all the pack codes to my emails still (well, 2 out of 3 codes so far). I was a bit worried about just applying them all to my account and being flagged for it or something.

nicosharp
04-07-2015, 10:37 AM
This is actually something I was wondering about. I backed Kickstarter 3 times. I gave out 2 of those accounts to friends and just kept one for myself, but I got all the pack codes to my emails still (well, 2 out of 3 codes so far). I was a bit worried about just applying them all to my account and being flagged for it or something.
The Grandfather Clause already has you covered. They are KS accounts.

bootlace
04-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Still a really bad idea. You could work with your friends to have the people who brought normal packs draft all the legendaries, rares and uncommons.

You're talking about collusion now? It's against the rules if you weren't aware and there's better ways to exploit it currently in the game if it wasn't.

^That.

And again, other problems like salvaging for crafting materials and whatnot.

Make soulbound items not salvageable, it's probably already going to be in the game in that state otherwise people can have infinite stuff through starter decks.

IronPheasant
04-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the stuff guys~

Feel sad for new players though : (

And what about when they want to use their pack in a draft? Are cards still soulbound then?

Oh god no, you could not use account locked objects in limited. Even in sealed, you'd have people that would ONLY play it for free. Constructed and PvE only man. Rip it open without worry or regard to its economic advantage and just enjoy life.

This type of promotional filler is actually really popular in a number of other games. The Pokemon TCG gives you a little something for logging in every day, but all free stuff is locked to prevent abuse. The interface is really clear about what's locked and what's not; it's just a second quantity indicator next to a card in red with a lock symbol on it.

In Hex that gets gobs more complicated if they ever get the card EXP and achievements stuff in. And of course they're very concerned about the secondary market - if you even have the hope of getting a proxy Vampire King for less than 11 million dollars, it could impact its value.

The plan appears to literally make two separate games here: a PvE game and a separate PvP game. As always, I stand by the "things will be okay once you can make decks using PvE cards only." Even if they never drop a blob of 100+ pve commons on us, that day is inevitable.

Vorsa
04-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the gift-age, and this thread alerting me to it! :)

Shaqattaq
04-07-2015, 10:50 AM
So, what did you all open? =)

hex_colin
04-07-2015, 10:52 AM

They all sold them for Gold! ;)

bootlace
04-07-2015, 10:52 AM
It's just messy and has weird effects on the economy (you have people who don't need certain cards because they have a bunch of soulbound ones, but those cards can't be sold... so it has an effect on the economy in terms of demand but not supply, for example).

This is a valid point but consider this:

-This person might not have even tried out Hex if it wasn't for these free packs, so in that sense anything he buys is actually a boost to the economy as opposed to the few soulbound rares he might have 'never needing to be bought' being a negative.

-The number of these soulbound rares (let's say 6 if we're giving away 6 packs) is a tiny miniscule amount compared to the rares/legendaries that will be in the game...not to mention needing 4 copies of it in your deck so maybe if he opens a free Mastery of Time he gets incentivized to build a Mastery of Time deck and get 3 more copies = again a boost to the economy.

Marsden
04-07-2015, 11:45 AM

My spam folder, repeatedly, to see if the emails are hiding in there :D

Cereal
04-07-2015, 12:01 PM
So my free booster turned out to be a Primal. So there's that, I guess...

Sparrow
04-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Best card was Samson.

JohnDruitt
04-07-2015, 12:54 PM

Monsuun. Good job guys!

GoryWriter
04-07-2015, 12:54 PM

In no particular order:
Crackling Rot, Crackling Boon, Rune Ear Burrower (just bought a full set of those buggers yesterday, even though I only have 3 in my mono Wild Shin'hare swarm deck at the moment), Elite Pyromancer, Overtime Bot, Mentor of the Grave, Mentor of Oakhenge, Spirit Hound, Dragon Guard Stalwart, Manti Ranger, Cerulean Mirror Magi, Ridge Raider, Molten Slaggard, Armitron, and Gortezuma, High Cleric.

Fairly glad I check these forums daily. Wouldn't have found out about the free pack otherwise.

Phenteo
04-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to help clear the confusion on a few things! We started sending out an email today in batches. The email was mainly to address bringing back old players who signed up for beta or were kickstarter backers that haven't played yet. However, we didn't want to just send a free booster to just the players who no longer play or have not played yet but we wanted to give something to our loyal players who have been with us and are still playing. We felt if everyone got the same gift, it would bring back old players, bring in some new players, and also show as a token of our appreciation to our current players.

Keep in mind that if you changed your kickstarter email after the campaign that this would still go to your old email address and not the one you use to log in with if different.

Feel free to post what you received! :D We would love to see the results.

Vorsa
04-07-2015, 01:48 PM
A Savage Lord for me. :)

Also a rare chest, that I spun in case it was a chest of Great Destiny - however it was a single eye, most displeasing of all outcomes...
Neither the closure of a dud spin nor the reward of a prize spin, just the taunting money-gobbling Eye of Sauron!

N3rd4Christ
04-07-2015, 01:51 PM
:/ no email for me. Guess person who originally got the KS gets the email?

Aftermarket king code.

Khazrakh
04-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Feel free to post what you received! :D We would love to see the results.

Opened my first Set 2 booster outside of draft just because :)
Got a Jank Bot out of it...and I almost forgot how awesome the booster opening animation is.
Thanks for reminding me <3

dmar314
04-07-2015, 02:13 PM
I am extremely grateful for this thread because the email with the free pack was in my spam folder and I never would have seen it otherwise. I opened a hired horn sellsword.

MaximumSquid
04-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Pulled a Master Moss. . . as a free player it's a card I thought I would literally never touch

Now that I have one I might try to put together a plant deck

SirGregory
04-07-2015, 02:23 PM
I have to agree with Khazrakh, still love the booster opening animation, I hope that chest opening animation is just as awesome.

Royal Den Mother, thanks Hex, needed one more for my play set :)

Banquetto
04-07-2015, 02:24 PM
The email was mainly to address bringing back old players who signed up for beta or were kickstarter backers that haven't played yet. However, we didn't want to just send a free booster to just the players who no longer play or have not played yet but we wanted to give something to our loyal players who have been with us and are still playing. We felt if everyone got the same gift, it would bring back old players, bring in some new players, and also show as a token of our appreciation to our current players.

Very, very sensible. I've seen enough forum threadnaughts started by active players after companies sent gifts to inactive players to know that that idea never goes down well! :D Archeage was the most recent one, just last month iirc.

Zophie
04-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Archeage was the most recent one, just last month iirc.

lol DolphinGate - They missed out by not sending me a Dolphin, that's probably the only they'd get me to reinstall.

ossuary
04-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Pulled a Master Moss. . . as a free player it's a card I thought I would literally never touch

Now that I have one I might try to put together a plant deck

That's amazing. Congratulations and enjoy it! What a fantastic feeling that must have been. :)

Xenavire
04-07-2015, 05:20 PM
That's amazing. Congratulations and enjoy it! What a fantastic feeling that must have been. :)

No kidding - as a person on the hunt for 3 more of that exact card, I can imagine how excited he was to open it. :)

Skirovik
04-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Found the code email in my "promotions" tab. Thanks gmail. :)

Will open tonight and post in here (or edit my post) to let you know what I opened.

nicosharp
04-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the Primal :)

Xexist
04-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the Primal :)

Shut up! For real? Niiiice

ossuary
04-07-2015, 08:24 PM
<Charlie Brown> I got a rock. :p </Charlie Brown>

darkwonders
04-07-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure what stacking algorithm they use. If they use LIFO, then one of my packs spawned a common chest that won me a merc, a rare card, an AA reactor bot, and an upgrade to legendary :)

If they use FIFO, then my 2 boosters are at the bottom of my 60 remaining boosters... ;)

Rathal
04-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Highlands Magus from one, and Salt Harpy from the other. The last KS email didn't get a message yet, but that's the one I gave to my brother, so I'll send him the code for the pack, too. Seeing Colin's face staring back out of the rare slot is a pretty good thing!

Cotton
04-07-2015, 10:17 PM
I'll save my 3 codes for set 3 thank you. I will draft with them and win I hope.

nicosharp
04-07-2015, 10:21 PM
I'll save my 3 codes for set 3 thank you. I will draft with them and win I hope.

I don't believe the codes will give you set 3 packs... but gl.

Mejis
04-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Haven't opened my pack yet, but much appreciate the email and code this morning when I woke up.

Will crack it tonight.

Also, came here wondering if a pack code could spawn a primal. Seems it can according to some in this thread. Lucky!

Mike411
04-07-2015, 11:06 PM
The Grandfather Clause already has you covered. They are KS accounts.

That clause said we're allowed to keep those accounts but does the clause allow you to claim things that are supposed to be one per person? And are these codes supposed to be one per person? *shrug*

Selanius
04-07-2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the free pack HEX! I was going to save it, but then they said they wanted us to post what we opened so I figured what the hell.

War Prodigy :(

Skirovik
04-08-2015, 02:44 AM
Found the code email in my "promotions" tab. Thanks gmail. :)

Will open tonight and post in here (or edit my post) to let you know what I opened.

I got the following:

http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad157/jettysmurf/Free%20Pack_zpsy8txwqji.jpg (http://s931.photobucket.com/user/jettysmurf/media/Free%20Pack_zpsy8txwqji.jpg.html)

Thanks Hex!! :D

tongkill
04-08-2015, 05:54 AM
:/ no email for me. I play since beta closed :(

Kami
04-08-2015, 07:08 AM

It says right on the e-mail it's only for Shattered Destiny packs.

catacasa
04-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Hmmmm. No email for me either. Not in the original email account I used for the KS or the one I switched it to afterward.

IronPheasant
04-08-2015, 09:16 AM
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad157/jettysmurf/Free%20Pack_zpsy8txwqji.jpg (http://s931.photobucket.com/user/jettysmurf/media/Free%20Pack_zpsy8txwqji.jpg.html)

Argh, so jelly of you guys who actually get stuff. I only get Mushwockies and Canyon Scouts when I rip boosters.

I'ma just gonna sit on this one for a bit for a draft later.

Marsden
04-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Hmmmm. No email for me either. Not in the original email account I used for the KS or the one I switched it to afterward.

Yeah, no email here yet either. Assume they're still being sent out since I should have got 5 if it's using original KS email/packages to determine how many to send and I haven't changed email address.

Sorveris
04-08-2015, 02:22 PM
Got a Feral Domination, not bad.

Mahes
04-08-2015, 02:35 PM
I got a crackling Vortex from the first pack. Then I rolled the chest and won a second pack which got me an Agent of Mole.

That is the first time I have actually opened any set 2 packs.

nickon
04-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Thank you HexEnt!

Phenteo
04-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Yeah, no email here yet either. Assume they're still being sent out since I should have got 5 if it's using original KS email/packages to determine how many to send and I haven't changed email address.

If either of you unsubscribed to any previous emails we've sent out, then we would be unable to email you the code. I looked for both your email addresses and could not find them in our list.

Marsden
04-08-2015, 03:53 PM
If either of you unsubscribed to any previous emails we've sent out, then we would be unable to email you the code. I looked for both your email addresses and could not find them in our list.

Never knowingly unsubbed, I'll PM.

register50
04-09-2015, 04:12 AM
The code should come to all players? Some of my friends did not get it.

Phenteo
04-09-2015, 05:57 PM
The code should come to all players? Some of my friends did not get it.

There are some players who didn't receive an email from us and that is because if you signed up to play HEX after closed beta launch, registration was changed and we didn't add the form where you can authorize us to mail your accounts with an email. As this is against the CAN-SPAM Act we were not allowed to email some players.

In the near future, we're going to be creating a form that you can fill out to ensure your email address is available for future communications from us.

Yoss
04-09-2015, 07:53 PM
I won't worry much about a single booster, but I'm a little worried that I'm not on the mailing list for this and things like it (or at least, I do not seem to have the mail this thread speaks of). I do still get the weekly KS updates. Should I contact support?

Galmor
04-10-2015, 02:02 AM
Hi,

:/ no email for me sniff.

malloc31
04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
I have also not seen any email, I am a kickstarter backer also, and I havent changed email addresses in the last few years.

Phenteo
04-10-2015, 11:42 AM
I won't worry much about a single booster, but I'm a little worried that I'm not on the mailing list for this and things like it (or at least, I do not seem to have the mail this thread speaks of). I do still get the weekly KS updates. Should I contact support?

I found your email address in our email list and you should have received an email. I would check your spam filters at this point as I can verify it was sent to you. I'll be sending you a PM shortly.

Hi,

:/ no email for me sniff.

Unfortunately you registered an account with us too recently that we wouldn't have your email address as you didn't register when when we asked if you wanted to be contacted by marketing emails.

I have also not seen any email, I am a kickstarter backer also, and I havent changed email addresses in the last few years.

I can verify that the email WAS sent to you as well and you should check your spam folder/filter. I'll be sending you a PM shortly as well.

Yoss
04-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks!

N3rd4Christ
04-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Can you check me?

register50
04-10-2015, 10:27 PM
There are some players who didn't receive an email from us and that is because if you signed up to play HEX after closed beta launch, registration was changed and we didn't add the form where you can authorize us to mail your accounts with an email. As this is against the CAN-SPAM Act we were not allowed to email some players.

In the near future, we're going to be creating a form that you can fill out to ensure your email address is available for future communications from us.
My friend checked into the game April 22 2014, six months was a member of the Vip-program, email is not changed. He had to get the code?

Disappointment
04-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Would you be able to check me as well? I haven't received anything except for the normal Friday kickstarter update.

IronPheasant
04-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Okay, I don't know which one it was, but it was one of these two:

* Parallel Evolution.
* Droo's Unrelenting Fists.

I'd like a refund please. I accept cashier's check or credit card. You may also fax me the $0 in cash, if you'd like.

Phenteo
04-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Okay, I don't know which one it was, but it was one of these two:

* Parallel Evolution.
* Droo's Unrelenting Fists.

I'd like a refund please. I accept cashier's check or credit card. You may also fax me the $0 in cash, if you'd like.

Done! $0 will be refunded to your account in 2025.

ossuary
04-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Done! $0 will be refunded to your account in 2025.

As long as it's with compound interest, sign me up too. :)

thecoolguy
04-13-2015, 08:30 PM
odd. I just got one of these to.

Gen91
04-14-2015, 10:37 AM
I changed my email between the kickstarter and alpha release.
I had to ask the support to send me all my codes,
should i talk to them again about this matter and to permanently change my email to my new one
(obviously last time that was not done),
cause i can't acess my old one anymore.

Assassine
04-15-2015, 06:14 AM
Similar issue here, dont have access to the KS mail any more.
I dont care about a single pack, but if theres still important stuff sent there, what do?

hex_colin
04-15-2015, 10:49 AM
Similar issue here, dont have access to the KS mail any more.
I dont care about a single pack, but if theres still important stuff sent there, what do?

I changed my email between the kickstarter and alpha release.
I had to ask the support to send me all my codes,
should i talk to them again about this matter and to permanently change my email to my new one
(obviously last time that was not done),
cause i can't acess my old one anymore.

2 different things entirely. A (static) marketing list composed of KS email addresses and people who signed up for Beta on the site before a certain date was used for this marketing effort. Any "important" emails about your account would use the current email address associated with your account and not the marketing list. It's probably not worth the effort by the HEX team to keep both in sync (for now anyway).