PDA

View Full Version : Crazy, Infinite Combo - Verify it Works?

Mac_Apple
04-07-2015, 11:22 PM
EDIT: I believe I have found the answer to my own question... http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=33958

Had a situation last night that was just brutal for my opponents, want to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

With a heavily draw-based deck, I easily played Jervis Tetch with his Mind Control Hat. Potentially paraphrasing, Mind Control Hat reads that "If you play or have played Jervis Tetch, play each Hero and Villain from the Line-Up and return them".

Plastic Man was in the Line-Up. Oh boy.

I played Plastic Man with the game text of the hat, which is a new instance of "play each Hero and Villain from the Line-Up". Draw two cards, attack again, copy Plastic Man in the Line-Up again to be another Hat, rinse, repeat.

Essentially I drew my entire deck, made everyone discard everything, bought the Line-Up, then as everyone else spent their turns drawing, I got another turn.

Anyone else have any crazy combos like that which they successfully pulled off?

LRoq617
04-08-2015, 05:05 AM
It's not an infinite. When you use the Mind Control Hat text of "play each ____ in the lineup, then return them," the cards won't return to the lineup until the resolution finishes. It'll play out like this:

1. Play Jervis Tetch.
2. Play Mind Control Hat, resolve, play every Hero and Villain in the lineup, thereby removing them.
3. Play Plastic Man out of the lineup, gain text of Mind Control Hat, repeat step 2.

The kicker is that when you play Plastic Man with Mind Control Hat's text, you can play each Hero and Villain in the lineup, but since they're not in the lineup waiting to be resolved, there won't be anything to play. So no, it doesn't infinite.