PDA

View Full Version : 3 card nightmare

kainbloodheart
04-09-2015, 04:28 PM
We played a game and one of our pkayers managed to get these three cards.

Over sized Robin
Location OA
White Lantern Battery

As long as the vilain was 10 or more she pretty much guarenteed a free card every turn.

Start of turn OA activates alowing her to draw a card.
She uses Robin ability to take white lantern battery out of her discard pile
Plays WLB gains any power rings and 1 card of her choice.
and repeat.

We were especialy unlucky as she got WLB in her 1st hand.

lesthn12parsecs
04-10-2015, 04:32 AM
I'm missing something....

How did she get White Lantern Power Battery on her first hand?

LRoq617
04-10-2015, 05:47 AM
I'm missing something....

How did she get White Lantern Power Battery on her first hand?

I think he meant that she consistently drew it in her opening hand after shuffling her deck. If this is true, that is definitely ridiculous with OA.

2conner
04-10-2015, 07:26 AM
However, in 99.99999% of games, Robin is completely useless.

IAmTheGreat
04-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Yeah, a small consolation considering she had to play with robin

LRoq617
04-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, a small consolation considering she had to play with robin

Agreed. Robin still has my vote for worst non-Crisis non-Rivals character.

LexLuthorJr
04-10-2015, 11:00 AM
That's why we put the White Lantern Battery near the bottom of the deck. Same with the Mind Control Hat. They are just too strong early game.

Arrojacast
04-10-2015, 08:13 PM
I played a game with a friend where we both got 4 over-sized heroes based around a group, so I had Batman, Bat-girl, Nightwing and Robin, they had Green Lantern, Saint Walker, Red Lantern Supergirl and Star Sapphire. He had a conglomeration of good effects that only sorta went together, I had what I thought was the same.
Turn one I had 5 power, so I grabbed Orange Power Ring.
Turn two, use Batgirl to draw a card, us Robin to grab the ring insted, getting power from Batman and Nightwing, and getting more equipment to my hand, which gave me more power and drew me a card with Nightwings other power.
The following turns followed sucha paturn, discard a punch to get my best equipment, draw a card or two, get loads of power, repeat.
I won by a lot.
Now, one could argue that it was the combination, or that the other heroes where just OP, but I saw Robin as an essential tool in my game. As how he is in a more normal game...I will see (with so many guys, it can be hard to really judge one of them)

LRoq617
04-11-2015, 03:51 PM
I played a game with a friend where we both got 4 over-sized heroes based around a group, so I had Batman, Bat-girl, Nightwing and Robin, they had Green Lantern, Saint Walker, Red Lantern Supergirl and Star Sapphire. He had a conglomeration of good effects that only sorta went together, I had what I thought was the same.
Turn one I had 5 power, so I grabbed Orange Power Ring.
Turn two, use Batgirl to draw a card, us Robin to grab the ring insted, getting power from Batman and Nightwing, and getting more equipment to my hand, which gave me more power and drew me a card with Nightwings other power.
The following turns followed sucha paturn, discard a punch to get my best equipment, draw a card or two, get loads of power, repeat.
I won by a lot.
Now, one could argue that it was the combination, or that the other heroes where just OP, but I saw Robin as an essential tool in my game. As how he is in a more normal game...I will see (with so many guys, it can be hard to really judge one of them)

Every character has value in multiple-character gameplay variants, even someone like Harley Quinn, who is otherwise useless. However, in a 1-character game setting? I can't name a character I wouldn't take over Robin in that case.

Arrojacast
04-11-2015, 05:52 PM
Every character has value in multiple-character gameplay variants, even someone like Harley Quinn, who is otherwise useless. However, in a 1-character game setting? I can't name a character I wouldn't take over Robin in that case.

I have to disagree about Harley, she may not be among the best, but she is not useless, Jimmy Olsen is the only one that is useless (but he is a custom hero, so I guess he does not count). As for everyone having their place, many of the combos that can be used in multi-hero settings can be used with one hero, it just takes a little longer.

LRoq617
04-13-2015, 05:33 AM
I have to disagree about Harley, she may not be among the best, but she is not useless, Jimmy Olsen is the only one that is useless (but he is a custom hero, so I guess he does not count). As for everyone having their place, many of the combos that can be used in multi-hero settings can be used with one hero, it just takes a little longer.

Harley Quinn + Batgirl/Green Arrow is 2-character variant only, and it's absurd. In 1-character, she's just a worse Flash. The only unique support she gets is in Forever Evil: Insanity and Mallet. Everything else about her is mediocre.

Arrojacast
04-17-2015, 12:16 PM
I played a game using Heroes Unite, 4-player no variants except, instead of the normal hero picking, we made a pool of 2 random heroes, and Harley Quinn and Robin, and handed them out to the players. (I was Quinn). I got first, Robin got second. Now, it may vary well be that the Robin thing was dumb luck, but I was able to use my power a lot, INCLUDING TIMES FLASH COULD NOT. This includes using Apokolips to draw a card every time, not just when I had a villain, and defenses such as Skeets and Canary Cry, which are discarded but don't necessarily draw you a cards. Not to mention FAA such as Amazo...Basically what I am trying to say is, no Harley is not just a worse Flash.

aoineko
04-17-2015, 08:30 PM
I played a game using Heroes Unite, 4-player no variants except, instead of the normal hero picking, we made a pool of 2 random heroes, and Harley Quinn and Robin, and handed them out to the players. (I was Quinn). I got first, Robin got second. Now, it may vary well be that the Robin thing was dumb luck, but I was able to use my power a lot, INCLUDING TIMES FLASH COULD NOT. This includes using Apokolips to draw a card every time, not just when I had a villain, and defenses such as Skeets and Canary Cry, which are discarded but don't necessarily draw you a cards. Not to mention FAA such as Amazo...Basically what I am trying to say is, no Harley is not just a worse Flash.

Harley Quinn's power doesn't work between turns, so it never happens against First Appearance - Attacks.

Arrojacast
04-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Harley Quinn's power doesn't work between turns, so it never happens against First Appearance - Attacks.

Oh...oops X-P

Arrojacast
10-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Here is a new 3 card nightmare...Jervis Tetch, Mind Control hat and plastic man (plastic in the line up). INFINITE POWER! Nightmare fuel, still lost though. Only way it could have been better (and unbeatable) is if he was Kid Flash.

aoineko
10-25-2015, 03:21 PM
Here is a new 3 card nightmare...Jervis Tetch, Mind Control hat and plastic man (plastic in the line up). INFINITE POWER! Nightmare fuel, still lost though. Only way it could have been better (and unbeatable) is if he was Kid Flash.

This actually isn't infinite. All of the cards played by the Jervis Tetch/Mind Control Hat don't return to the Line-Up until you've played them all. So, when Plastic Man plays Mind Control Hat again the Line-Up won't have any more cards to play.

Arrojacast
10-27-2015, 06:58 PM
This actually isn't infinite. All of the cards played by the Jervis Tetch/Mind Control Hat don't return to the Line-Up until you've played them all. So, when Plastic Man plays Mind Control Hat again the Line-Up won't have any more cards to play.

That is what I tried to say, but he handed the card to me and it does not say return at the end of the turn, it just says return them...

StormKing
10-28-2015, 12:00 AM
That is what I tried to say, but he handed the card to me and it does not say return at the end of the turn, it just says return them...

Right, but the moment Plastic Man copies Mind Control Hat, he's in your play area, not the line-up. When the Plastic Man acting as a Mind Control Hat plays the heroes/villains in the Line-up, he isn't in it to be played.

Arrojacast
10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Now that you put it that way I see the flaw in my thinking. I was thinking of it from the perspective of cards in my hand, not playing all the cards together and at once.

szuturon
10-29-2015, 10:41 AM

I haven't played that set in a while but why doesn't it work against First Appearance Attacks? I thought First Appearance Attacks occurred at the end of a player's turn... as in the last thing that happens during a player's turn before the next player starts their turn.

aoineko
10-29-2015, 12:40 PM
I haven't played that set in a while but why doesn't it work against First Appearance Attacks? I thought First Appearance Attacks occurred at the end of a player's turn... as in the last thing that happens during a player's turn before the next player starts their turn.

They happen between turns.