PDA

View Full Version : Question about card types

majin
04-10-2015, 04:51 PM
What's the official classification of cards like Brave Heart, Kraken's Tentacle and other cards resulted from transformations?

thanks in advance

israel.kendall
04-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Aren't they just troops?

majin
04-10-2015, 05:00 PM
i thought so too but that's not the case, a good example is - soul armament - constant. i am still on set 1 shardless so there might be more that I can't remember from the top of my head

EDIT: there's also booby trap and ingenuity engines on shardless

KingGabriel
04-10-2015, 05:42 PM
What's the official classification of cards like Brave Heart, Kraken's Tentacle and other cards resulted from transformations?

thanks in advance
*Boldheart :/ You can click the bold text on the card to see what class they will turn into.

majin
04-10-2015, 05:44 PM
sorry KG, i don't mean any disrespect, please don't let him out to hunt me :(

israel.kendall
04-10-2015, 05:51 PM
i thought so too but that's not the case, a good example is - soul armament - constant. i am still on set 1 shardless so there might be more that I can't remember from the top of my head

EDIT: there's also booby trap and ingenuity engines on shardless

The transformed card is what it is, troop, constant etc. I don't know if there is any specific "type" for transformed cards in general, if that is what you are asking.

majin
04-10-2015, 05:55 PM
The transformed card is what it is, troop, constant etc. I don't know if there is any specific "type" for transformed cards in general, if that is what you are asking.

yup but i am hoping for an official response from CZE so I don't need to edit the database later in case they have a different answer

Scammanator
04-10-2015, 05:57 PM
I think what Majin is asking is "Is there an official name for Grey-icon cards. Cards that cannot be owned because they are only created by other cards."
As opposed to asking what the "Card Type" (E.g. troop, constant, artifact, etc.) is of those cards.

I'm not sure of the answer, Majin. People tend to call them "tokens" due to holdovers from other TCGs, but the term isn't quite accurate in Hex. I've also heard "created cards" as a fairly common term.

majin
04-10-2015, 06:06 PM
thanks scam, for now, I am classifying them as "transformed" but maybe going for "special" until someone from CZE corrects me

Mejis
04-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Doesn't really answer your question, but here's an awesome article from Ben on transformation:https://hextcg.com/transformation-nation-2/