PDA

View Full Version : Arena Loot

zadies
04-13-2015, 11:45 AM
I have a question about arena loot.

Is it only ever going to be available in the arena?
Or when the campaign is released will the drops be available in places in the campaign?

nicosharp
04-13-2015, 11:49 AM
I'd hope only tied to arena. It's already lost all uniqueness to the active playerbase (FTMP).
With so many cards still not having playable equipment, It would make sense to see unique loot tables for all other PvE content that does not cross-pollinate with the arena loot tables.

However, I may be way off-base as the game still needs to account for adding in loot items and tables for all new equipment with each new PvP set launch.

funktion
04-13-2015, 12:04 PM
While I expect that there will be stuff added to the arena's loot tables eventually, I do kinda hope that wherever things are awarded (arena or otherwise) that is the only place they can be acquired. Makes doing different dungeons feel worthwhile rather than just farming the one you can beat most consistently & quickly.

Edit: on the flipside I spose that if your favorite dungeon doesn't have any rewards you care about that might be unfortunate. But at least you really enjoy that one.

Turtlewing
04-13-2015, 02:17 PM
I would think that some loot would be specific to a single dungeon and some loot would drop in multiple dungeons.

Particularly common stuff may drop in more places while rarer items may drop only on one place.

Parzival
04-13-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm really hoping the arena is a dynamic experience and used to farm the current set (block?) equipment.

So when a new set comes out, they update the loot table and reassign the stuff that was in the arena to dungeons and populate the arena with equipment from the latest set. (updating the boss decks with some new cards for the ooh factor)

That way Arena is always fresh, there is high demand from the pve players for pvp cards (because they are collecting equipment for the new set) providing gold liquidity for the pvp players to roll chests before they open/sell. The old equipment can still be found in dungeons if somebody cannot find it on AH (and it's value will climb as it becomes rarer).

That's my hope, one of the devs said the boss card list take 5 mins to change so I suspect they've built the drop tables the same way, I think it would be a great experience so I hope they go this way.

Otherwise we will still be finding Peagasus Feathers a year down the line and cursing Xarlox while hunting for the shy dragon.

Eggtron
04-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Are there any estimations on when the arena will be discontinued and a new one will be introduced?

If there was a demo of the first dungeon months and months ago I'd figure we'd have a second arena to look forward to, or something.

Xenavire
04-13-2015, 06:55 PM
Are there any estimations on when the arena will be discontinued and a new one will be introduced?

If there was a demo of the first dungeon months and months ago I'd figure we'd have a second arena to look forward to, or something.

I don't think they have a reason to discontinue arena - much better to simply add to it, and maybe add alternate ones that can be farmed in the same way.

zadies
04-13-2015, 07:19 PM
I'd prefer that they just kept the loot table the same and added additional arenas the arena itself seems to be based around cards in a set being bosses, so giving them a differnt sets loot table seems off.

It's more a question of it the loot is avialable elsewhere given this isn't the full own pve expericince is this just a placeholder for where the loot will really drop, or is it the only source of this loot.

Tarquin
04-15-2015, 03:24 AM
I'd prefer that they just kept the loot table the same and added additional arenas the arena itself seems to be based around cards in a set being bosses, so giving them a differnt sets loot table seems off.

It's more a question of it the loot is avialable elsewhere given this isn't the full own pve expericince is this just a placeholder for where the loot will really drop, or is it the only source of this loot.

They can just add more champions as time goes on, increase the variety of enemies, also means people will flock back to get the new pieces of equipment they'd drop :P

Hrinkell
04-15-2015, 07:03 AM
I hope more equip will soon come for famous set1/set2 cards which still don't have any.

Question: Which cards would you ask HEX to design and release an equipment??

Xenavire
04-15-2015, 07:17 AM
I assume the design is mostly done (ignoring late changes.) It is coding and releasing that will probably be the limiting factor.

As for what I want equipment for? Sight of the Sun, Paladin of the Necropolis, Extinction, Repel, Resurrection. Those kinds of cards have a lot of potential, even with boring effects like cost-1.

ossuary
04-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Can Sight of the Sun's equipment give him Speed? Or maybe add "Draw a card." to his ability? Because he's not QUITE broken enough yet. ;)

Xenavire
04-15-2015, 07:34 AM
Can Sight of the Sun's equipment give him Speed? Or maybe add "Draw a card." to his ability? Because he's not QUITE broken enough yet. ;)

I don't even want anything so broken, just a 'has +1/+1 when you control another coyotle' would be sweet, to avoid burns and make it less risky to block with. Although, I wouldn't complain to have something sick ;)

Vorpal
04-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Are there decks that make sight of the sun awesome in arena? I have two sight of suns and four brigaddons so I feel like I ought to be able to make something happen there.

Khazrakh
04-15-2015, 08:37 AM
Are there decks that make sight of the sun awesome in arena? I have two sight of suns and four brigaddons so I feel like I ought to be able to make something happen there.

I played around a little with him, making an Ancestors Chosen drawing madness deck. It's fun to play and rather consistent, but it's just too slow to really use it for more than one arena run ;)

ossuary
04-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Yeah, Sight is extremely powerful in control... the problem is that in Arena, you have to win fast or you have to be willing to slog through 3ish hours for one run (and the longer the Arena AI is alive, the bigger the chance they will do something broken with their champion powers / exclusive cards). The Arena is not really the place for Sight, but I'm sure that that will not be true in other PVE encounters in the future. I'm also convinced there's a deck out there that could kick the crap out of most of the current meta, it's just a matter of finding the right combination to survive both the initial rush of aggro decks and the more consistent plays of mono-saph.

KingGabriel
04-15-2015, 07:41 PM
I don't even want anything so broken, just a 'has +1/+1 when you control another coyotle' would be sweet, to avoid burns and make it less risky to block with. Although, I wouldn't complain to have something sick ;)

It was "this has Spellshield" on the arena test server, if it remains the same v.gd/raproost