PDA

View Full Version : Working on a new player guide, feedback appreciated.

KingGabriel
04-14-2015, 12:07 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U4uF_zWFEXTImF7rgMQp2-rR7cp18OVzNsavXKN1WeM/edit?usp=sharing
Alternate link: http://v.gd/hex10

nicosharp
04-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Nice work KG. Few suggestions:
- Maybe for the Starter Decks - you can add a bit about each one, it's strengths/weaknesses - synergy - gameplay tips
- Maybe a quick list of the games keyboard shortcuts
- Maybe a quick list of chat options (how to do wild symbol/etc.) how to use chat.

Great stuff. Wasn't able to view the deckofmanythings post on chests yet, or Lixil's AH tips post, but I'm sure they are thorough.

N3rd4Christ
04-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Discuss Hexcurrencies :P

Yah know: aSC, DSC and CBC

NOBLEStarshield
04-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Discuss Hexcurrencies :P

Yah know: aSC, DSC and CBC

Please only discuss real Hexcurrencies (I liked that) like gold and platinum and how/where to get some.

KingGabriel
04-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Please only discuss real Hexcurrencies (I liked that) like gold and platinum and how/where to get some.
Already did ;)

IronPheasant
04-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Searched for Mulligan, no results.

For someone truly new, knowing to mulligan if you don't have at least two shards and three threats (in most general cases) isn't going to be intuitive.

A simple example is the probability of getting to play Onslaught before the game is over. If you don't start with three shards in hand or some ramp/draw in your deck, it isn't happening.

Freebird_Falcon
04-14-2015, 04:00 PM
KG leading his subjects into prosperity!

KingGabriel
04-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Searched for Mulligan, no results.

For someone truly new, knowing to mulligan if you don't have at least two shards and three threats (in most general cases) isn't going to be intuitive.

A simple example is the probability of getting to play Onslaught before the game is over. If you don't start with three shards in hand or some ramp/draw in your deck, it isn't happening.
Added a section for further reading, as the maths can be confusing on that one.

Shivdaddy
04-14-2015, 07:25 PM
I would include the advice to add you to ignore in game, so they do not have to listen to your craziness. I am just kidding, or am I? Haha

Parzival
04-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Looks good KG, though three little nitpicks,

Firstly you talk about socketting you mention the gems are free but then say that you can use them as many times as you like, which is slightly misleading, only four of one kind of gem in a deck ;)

Shouldn't the glossary (which is very cool) be at the start so players can get acquainted with it?

For the love of desktop support everywhere please mention Windows users can use the snipping tool or even greenshot as alternatives to hideous alt+prtscn

KingGabriel
04-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Looks good KG, though three little nitpicks,

Firstly you talk about socketting you mention the gems are free but then say that you can use them as many times as you like, which is slightly misleading, only four of one kind of gem in a deck ;)

Shouldn't the glossary (which is very cool) be at the start so players can get acquainted with it?

For the love of desktop support everywhere please mention Windows users can use the snipping tool or even greenshot as alternatives to hideous alt+prtscn

1. Edited.
2. I like the starter decks being at the start :P
3. Isn't available on all the versions of the OS it seems?

vickrpg
04-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Great work KG. I'm reading through it now and you provide a lot of good info in an easy to understand manner. I haven't finished going through it yet, but I did notice this:

An important distinction for the Frost Ring Arena is that as well as there being random champions and challenges throughout, your opponent has a passive as well as an active charge power. The passive power will affect both of you (unless it is currently bugged).
This is not true for all of the arena opponents. Dragonguard stuart, Eternal Guardian, Princess cory etc, have powers that seem designed to affect only them, even their passives.

KingGabriel
04-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Great work KG. I'm reading through it now and you provide a lot of good info in an easy to understand manner. I haven't finished going through it yet, but I did notice this:

This is not true for all of the arena opponents. Dragonguard stuart, Eternal Guardian, Princess cory etc, have powers that seem designed to affect only them, even their passives.
Hmm, point.

Xexist
04-15-2015, 09:18 PM
*Holds a microphone up to the speaker*

Theres your feedback.

KingGabriel
04-16-2015, 07:41 AM
*Holds a microphone up to the speaker*

Theres your feedback.
Ow my ears.