PDA

View Full Version : Returning slacker backer who does not get his redemption code looking for help

Tshekal
04-15-2015, 07:42 PM
I posted this originally on reddit asking for help, and the kind people suggest i have best chances of getting noticed if I post it here, so here I go:

Hello all. Back in the kickstarter days where crowdfunding was finished there was a backing option introduced in the forums called slacker backer for 50 bucks ( you get acess to alpha + redemption code which grants u benefits worth the money like boosters etc). I played the alpha for some weeks and decided to take a break until they would release new content.

After beta was released i was looking forward to come back. At that time I dont have acces to the old email address any more ( that oldmail provider was shut down). I wrote the support and they told me due to technical issues they were unable to change email addresses linked to an account at that time. Well this sucked, naturally I didnt receive any redemption code. I thought it was sent to the old email address. There were several cases of people not receiving a code due to technical issues who are asked to contact support. Since I could not confirm if I already receive a code or not at that time i did not take that step. Being unable to change my email adress yet, i decided to forcefully take another break until better times.

Now, about 1 year after the whole accident, I happen to have some free time and become interested in Hex again. Upon looking at my ticket history i noticed that months after my first support request they sent me a notice that they are now able to change email adresses if I wish so. Of course i was happy, so this week i wrote the support, providing them with the paypal id and asking them to change the email to a new one and also kindly asking them for a resend of the redemption Code mail which I thought was sent to the old email.

The answer was heartbreaking though. While they were able to confirm the paypal id, they could not find any data sent out to the old email adress. In other words, the code probably was not sent out to me at that time due to technical issues, and they are unable to help further.

Sorry if I post this in the wrong section. I hope posting it here might increase my chances of getting help by a kind person who can do something about my situation like reddit suggested. Thx in advance for any insight!

Gwaer
04-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Err, if they have the paypal ID, and can confirm that they owe you a code but never sent one they should just be able to send it to you. I don't really understand the problem. I'd try to get in touch with support again, and see if they can get it figured out.

Jacklau89
04-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Humm pretty much what Gwear said. I did a fairly similar thing for my friend once, which he lost his email address and hence could not access his kickstarter redemption code. All I did was telling them the amazon payment ID of that pledge, the name as well as the email address. Try to tell the support that the code was never redeemed and ask them to give you one (whether the original or a new one).

Tshekal
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
I just did ask for a new code to be sent. Thx for the suggestion

For some reason adding an answer to the ticket ( although its still open?) puts me back at the beginning of the ticket queue again, so i guess i can only expect a new answer in half a weeks time, i will report back once i got the answer

Gwaer
04-15-2015, 09:23 PM
The answer should be pretty fast unless they're really swamped or it's a difficult problem. Hopefully you get a response before the weekend.