PDA

View Full Version : What to do while waiting on the draft queue?

neonovas
04-16-2015, 09:07 AM
After getting back into the game since I noticed some PvE content had been released I thought I should use some of my pro-player draft tickets. Since I typically play in the morning on weekdays its not exactly the fastest to fill up. Can I do anything else in hex? Like build decks, use the AH, play Frost Ring Arena? Or am I stuck on hex and I should continue to check out the forums here? I'd love to be able to go play PvE and get a pop-up saying my queue was ready and put a "pause" on the pve match like it was a disconnect and then continue between games also.

Taqo
04-16-2015, 09:21 AM
get another account and play pve on that one while drafting on main account, problem solved. As long as you have one account tied to a kickstarter code you are allowed to have one more account (that dosent have a code) if I remember it right (?)

zadies
04-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Not currently implemented...

neonovas
04-16-2015, 09:41 AM
but it will be later?
Also, the queue kinda bounced between 5-6 people, then all of a sudden it started with only 5/8. is there something that makes it start after its been open so long even if its not full? or did multiple people join in a short amount of time it never updated the people.

I got a Killipede and was building a blood/wild deck anyway, should be fun!

bootlace
04-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Play in 1024x768 windowed mode, then the world is your oyster.

neonovas
04-16-2015, 09:54 AM
Its on a second monitor :D I just wanted to play more HEX while waiting to play HEX!

As for the second account: http://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/31ygwh/make_multiple_accounts_at_the_risk_of_getting/cq8158c
https://hextcg.com/terms-and-conditions/
3. Account Creation. As defined in Section B.2., the Account is personal to you. You may only register one Account without a Kickstarter code or a VIP subscription service specifically attached to that account.

Seems that is true. Guess I'll do that, thanks.

ossuary
04-16-2015, 10:14 AM
Yeah for now we have no way to leave an in-progress tournament without forfeiting, but they are definitely going to allow us to do that in the future so we can jump into the PVE campaign in between matches. It's just a matter of them building the framework to support it.

Glad to hear you are back and enjoying yourself! Hope you keep it up. :)

neonovas
04-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Well I managed to get disconnected during the 20min deck building phase =( But I'll get another token tomorrow so more Frost Ring I guess! edit: odd I logged back in to nothing, then a few minutes later logged back in again and it let me rejoin but everything just loading

A few other general questions
Does it always go for the max time? Or will it finish instantly after everyone choose/saves deck and I just had someone afk in my queue.
Have they put out a list of priorities/order of what they hope to go into the game next?

ossuary
04-16-2015, 10:24 AM
It does not always go for the max time, once everyone saves, it will launch immediately. So yes, you very well may have had someone AFK (or in the process of getting disconnected, since you said the queue fired with 5/8 initially).

There is no official list of "what's next," they're just working on quite a lot of different things all at once. In general, we know that Set 3 is coming soonish, more PVE content probably a little while after that, and we're supposed to be getting asynchronous tournaments at some point fairly soon as well (which very well may involve some tournament interface overhauls in general).

neonovas
04-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Good to know. The game has definitely progressed a ton since I last checked it out back in November/December

elfstone
04-16-2015, 11:03 AM
I generally watch let's plays of different games in between rounds :)

ForgedSol
04-16-2015, 12:02 PM
I start browsing reddit and forget I'm the queue, then come back and some of all of my cards have been auto-picked and I may or may already have lost. -_-

Or I remember to not be full-screen and play campaign on my other account or play SolForge (and maybe try Hearthstone again in the near future?)

Skirovik
04-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Reading forums and playing other games. Windowed mode & 2nd screen is really handy. :p

Winsanity
04-16-2015, 11:27 PM
I play with the game windowed. So I usually just watch a movie or read articles or watch streams or whatever. Ooooo, if I make a stream I could incorporate reading articles into the wait times. That would surely excite the audience :rolleyes:

N3rd4Christ
04-17-2015, 06:16 AM
3ds on the side for me lol

plaguedealer
04-17-2015, 07:20 AM
I am going to lose all my cool cred, but in the past few years streaming dnd rollplaying has become a thing. I kind of enjoy listening to that.

I also play other tcg. I am trying spellweaver, it is not as good as hex, but it is definitely unique.