PDA

View Full Version : When you know you are likely to lose Draft Round 1

nicosharp
04-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Your opponent top decks Angel of Dawn on turn 2 of game 1, and they are on the play.
Insane. Obviously Kismet is on your side two-fold for this one mister.

Proceed to play it out, almost winning with a shizzy mill deck. Reveal that not only did he draft same exact colors, he got a Guardian Angel, Royal Den Mother, and Angel all on color rare/legendary. Not too shabby.

Edit - to add - the last game (made it to game 3), I had him down to 2 cards before his fatal swing. 1 was angel of dawn. He top decks a shard. Angel of dawn was his very last card game 3. Funny.

Mahes
04-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Mono white was also the color I played when I drafted an obvious win.

King Gabriel
I was passed a Soul Marble
Not 1 but 2 solitary exiles.
3 repels
Pegasus Spear Knight
Multiple life gain pegasus with a couple of griffens.

It just won...

nicosharp
04-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Cool, that sounds like a great pull.

We were both in diamond/sapphire with as many flight troops as possible.
I was super happy for the guy actually. It's not the first time I've seen him round 1, and in the past beat him. Just crazy kismet does crazy thangs.

Zomnivore
04-16-2015, 12:43 PM
drafted monsuun, and that random bot generator guy.

failed to win past round 1

Mostly because people kept feeding me rares.

Darn rares.

nicosharp
04-16-2015, 12:45 PM
drafted monsuun, and that random bot generator guy.

failed to win past round 1

Mostly because people kept feeding me rares.

Darn rares.
Monsuun and Reese? - laugh your way to the bank with your 2+ hours of free time for winning the draft in round 0.

israel.kendall
04-16-2015, 01:18 PM
When I look at my deck and say to myself "wow, this is a really kick-ass deck!". That is when I know I'll be losing round 1.

Khazrakh
04-16-2015, 01:22 PM
When I look at my deck and say to myself "wow, this is a really kick-ass deck!". That is when I know I'll be losing round 1.

How I know that feeling...
Back in 1-1-1 draft I had a mono blood deck with a Vampire King, an Inquisitor, two Corrupt Harvester and quite some removal.
I felt like I could take the world.
I went 0-2 against a random three shard deck :P

Gwaer
04-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Back in 1-1-1 I would draft 4-5 shard decks every time with no fixing to great effect. Doesn't work so well in 2-2-1 though. =(

Xexist
04-16-2015, 02:42 PM

Completely agree. Usuallt its my 'omg this deck sucks' deck that goes all the way to win the draft.

Banquetto
04-16-2015, 06:34 PM
I know that I am likely to lose round 1 before I even join the queue. I'm not good enough at drafting to have anywhere near a 50% chance of winning. :)

Assassine
04-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I know that I am likely to lose round 1 before I even join the queue. I'm not good enough at drafting to have anywhere near a 50% chance of winning. :)

In that case you should consider playing swiss drafts (if thats not what youre doing anyway).

Skirovik
04-16-2015, 08:05 PM

Can you please join more of my drafts? :p

vickrpg
04-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Monsuun and Reese? - laugh your way to the bank with your 2+ hours of free time for winning the draft in round 0.
I know right? those 2 are currently worth like 3 drafts each.

Elwinz
04-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Nico question : how to buiuld a mil deck in draft. I am curious.

nicosharp
04-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Nico question : how to buiuld a mil deck in draft. I am curious.

Champion Nin
grab as many Dementia Daisies as possible
grab as many Murmurs from the Void as possible
Pick a sub-shard to support you (preferably blood)
grab crackling cards in both shards
grab charge bots/ charge hulks
grab removal and cheap blockers
Pray when you throw the Hail Mary.

Elwinz
04-17-2015, 02:14 PM
i dont quite get last sentence

nicosharp
04-17-2015, 02:17 PM
i dont quite get last sentence
you don't always win.

Jonesy
04-17-2015, 06:44 PM
mill decks often boil down to, 'i have an 0/4 blocker, do you have a pump for your 3/x?'

Mahes
04-17-2015, 07:20 PM
I have seen one well drafted mill deck. The guy had the flowers with a lot of cards that added charges including the flyer that attacks and adds a charge. He also had the rare 1 cost escalation. With that he also had really good support with multiple bounces and such. By far the best mill I had seen.

The mono white I posted was one deck that I knew I was going to win minus complete shard shut down. It did not happen and I went 6-0 with it. King Gabriel can be hard to deal with when you can lay him down 4-6 of the games on turn 6. He is really a beef cake when 2 of those 4 has a soul marble backing him.

Taqo
04-18-2015, 03:48 AM
Been drafting nonstop for 2-3 weeks (minimum 6h draft a day) and so far I have been drafting for free with like 2000-2500 gain after selling the cards I got. I suspect its a lot of luck and because of a lot new players playing champions/cards that are just bad in draft. I have had so many decks I just felt like not even bother to play but still end up in final somehow.. Also a lot of players seem willing to pass 100-300plat cards, so thats nice lol..

I dont consider myself as a good drafter, so ive been pretty shocked how well these last weeks has gone. Dont even like pvp so much, I like the deck building and getting new cards, so when I have been able to do that for free I have enjoyed it for sure lol

Completely agree. Usuallt its my 'omg this deck sucks' deck that goes all the way to win the draft.

Hahah exactly how I been feeling in most my drafts lately, the good decks rarely go to final lol.