PDA

View Full Version : Hex - New logo/art

nicosharp
04-16-2015, 12:48 PM
I like the clean new logo/art being used on the main-site and forums.
Just curious, is there a reason the whole gem/shard wheel theme is no longer center-stage in the games name/brand?

Also - the updates to all the mainpages of the site that explain the game are great, and well-done. I did find one thing that should probably be changed:
Socketing page - Reaper Bot photo below should be Boulder Brute (or perhaps another socketed card?)

hex_colin
04-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Apart from the whole off-center thing that drove my OCD nuts? ;)

nicosharp
04-16-2015, 12:57 PM
yeah, I guess it depends on your browser settings. Not too bad from my perspective.

bootlace
04-16-2015, 01:06 PM
It's certainly better than the Hex logo used in China..

Phenteo
04-16-2015, 01:13 PM
Updated the Socketed Page. Darn that reaper bot!

Gwaer
04-16-2015, 01:55 PM
He does like to show up where he doesn't belong.

BossHoss
04-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Apart from the whole off-center thing that drove my OCD nuts? ;)

Glad to know I wasn't the only one!

eLdritchZ
04-16-2015, 03:39 PM
oooh very shiny.

Is there a high res version for the video tinkerers and fan site crowd? =)

Phenteo
04-16-2015, 03:51 PM
oooh very shiny.

Is there a high res version for the video tinkerers and fan site crowd? =)

We haven't made the newer logo readily available yet. Please still use the older flat logo. :)

Skirovik
04-16-2015, 06:00 PM
The white/silver hurts my eyes a little. :(

Looks a bit too samey, not enough differentiation between the text and background. :(

This is related to the forums only. The official front page looks amazing. The colours work much better there.

Phenteo
04-16-2015, 06:29 PM
The white/silver hurts my eyes a little. :(

Looks a bit too samey, not enough differentiation between the text and background. :(

This is related to the forums only. The official front page looks amazing. The colours work much better there.

It's a process. The forums might need to be a different look from the website where its a lighter background with dark text.

I do apologize if it strains your eyes. You can go into settings and change the General settings for forum skin to WOWTCG if you like.

I'm going to be spending a couple days trying to fine tune. BUT, if anyone reading this does a really nice design that I end up using, I'll throw some boosters their way... ;)

Gwaer
04-16-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm all for a dark theme with dark background with light text. I'm always looking at these forums in the dark, and really appreciate dark themes... :)

funktion
04-16-2015, 06:33 PM
Yeah definitely agree, the forums hurt my eyes as well. Like the front page though.

ossuary
04-16-2015, 06:49 PM
I've always used the WoW TCG layout for the site, personally. I could never stand the old layout. I'll have to check out the new design the next time I'm in front of a computer instead of on my phone or tablet. :)

Gwaer
04-16-2015, 10:35 PM
I further request that the color of unread threads/threads with new replies be changed as well as bolded. It's kind of hard to tell them apart at a glance on my cellphone. Doesn't need to be drastic. Just a shift of some sort.

Also there seems to be a bug on my moble device since you made the background stationary (iPhone 6, safari and chrome iOS browsers) the theme doesn't load as I scroll down, I'll have to post a screenshot tomorrow.

Khendral
04-16-2015, 11:55 PM
In the champion's page, you're using Mooof as an example of mercenaries, but mercenaries no longer level up. It would be better (more up to date) if you used another example (such as ahshasa).
It would also be nice if cards in other pages (rewards) were updated with the new card frame and text (extinction no longer costs 5)

hex_colin
04-17-2015, 12:04 AM
In the champion's page, you're using Mooof as an example of mercenaries, but mercenaries no longer level up. It would be better (more up to date) if you used another example (such as ahshasa).

Maybe they've changed again? ;)

Gwaer
04-17-2015, 12:06 AM

DunDunDun!

Khendral
04-17-2015, 12:31 AM

you're mean... ;)

hammer
04-17-2015, 02:22 AM

Such a tease :furious: but we love you :D

N3rd4Christ
04-17-2015, 06:09 AM
Love the matching forum theme. Now if only the Today's posts would match :P

rjselzler
04-17-2015, 08:46 AM

From your lips to Cory's ears!

eLdritchZ
04-17-2015, 09:04 AM
bah, you people... I think your eyes need to man up! :P

Also thanks for the heads up Phenteo, old logo it is ;)

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 09:47 AM
I noticed another error - The image on this page https://hextcg.com/card-overview/ has Quick Action instead of Action (Scheme is absolutely not a quick action, and the descriptions below use the term action, not quick action.)

Looking great so far.

rjselzler
04-17-2015, 09:53 AM
I noticed another error - The image on this page https://hextcg.com/card-overview/ has Quick Action instead of Action (Scheme is absolutely not a quick action, and the descriptions below use the term action, not quick action.)

Looking great so far.

Good catch. It also says, in the "Attack" section that Zoltog has an attack of 3, when he has his normal attack of 4 on the card directly above.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Good catch. It also says, in the "Attack" section that Zoltog has an attack of 3, when he has his normal attack of 4 on the card directly above.

Another good catch.

Looking over that, I just had an idea - where the 'Unique' descriptor is, I think we could add a different descriptor - 'Deckbuilding' (or something similar to describe deckbuilding restrictions.) That way you could tell at a glance that there is special deckbuilding requirements for using that card (would only be applicable to Servant of Shathak and Jank Bot right now, but I am sure we will get more.) It does mean that any with Unique as well as Deckbuilding restrictions would be a little short on space, but I can't see how it could hurt to give a bit of extra information at a glance.

Probably not the place for it to mention it here, but I saw it looking at that page, so why not.