PDA

View Full Version : Forever Evil Destroy Card and Gain Power

Hbruno
04-16-2015, 12:54 PM
If you have a card and the text reads "Destroy this card in any zone and gain 2 power" do you have to play another card indicating to destroy a card to be able to destroy this card and gain the 2 power or can you just destroy the card on its own?

gerrymul
04-16-2015, 02:06 PM
For these types of cards something else has to trigger the destruction - Broadsword (the player who used the Broadsword gets the 2 power), any one of the 8 destroy a card in hand or discard pile cards, using Bane or Black Adam's ability if you play the card, or even the attack from a Super Hero, although that happens between turns, so the power is wasted.

BenJazz
04-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Does that work for the player using Broadsword to gain the effects. From what I remember you only gain effects (say destroying a card and gaining a weakness with Bizarro) when you are the individual that chooses the card to be destroyed. With Broadsword the player that owns the card gets to choose if memory serves.

Matt_Hyra
04-16-2015, 05:05 PM
if memory serves.

It does not. :rolleyes:
The Broadsword(er) chooses the specific card to destroy, so the Broadsword(er) gets the +2 Power.

BenJazz
04-16-2015, 09:46 PM
Moral of the story, my memory serves no one any damn good :( . This is why I should only as questions when I am looking directly at the cards. Sorry for the confusion then people.

Bomb
04-17-2015, 08:20 AM
I misunderstood how to use Broadsword the whole time then. Damn!

Matt_Hyra
04-17-2015, 10:01 AM
I misunderstood how to use Broadsword the whole time then. Damn!

If we wanted it the other way, it would have been written-- Attack: That foe destroys a card with cost 1, 2, or 3 in his discard pile.

Twotonsteele
04-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Playing as Black Adam when you destroy your first super power you played, is that super power's effect still active even after you destroy the card for that turn?

aoineko
04-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Playing as Black Adam when you destroy your first super power you played, is that super power's effect still active even after you destroy the card for that turn?

Yes.

Bomb
04-20-2015, 06:35 AM
Is the "play or played" as part of a cards effect still active? Or just the accumulated power it had when it was destroyed?

Matt_Hyra
04-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Is the "play or played" as part of a cards effect still active? Or just the accumulated power it had when it was destroyed?

When it leaves play, it stops checking for future bonuses.

Bomb
04-20-2015, 11:37 AM
Thanks a lot Matt!