PDA

View Full Version : If PvE could be used in PvP, what would the most powerful decks be?

darkwonders
04-17-2015, 06:33 AM
I'm partial to the Mono-Diamond one I've used in PvE. I just copied it from another thread, so the comments are PvE oriented. This was the first deck I ran that was able to use every equipment slot. My favorite equipment are Sandals of Fealty and Scepter of Nightmares. They provide the most bag for their buck. If placed on the right troop, Inner Conflict could take care of most of the enemy board for you.

This deck could probably be tailored to PvP more, as in adding 2 more living totems. The helm is insanely powerful if you can proc it a few times. You'll have other amazing 2 resource troops to drop in the future.

24 Diamond Shard
4 Adamanthian Scrivener (w/ Ink-Stained Gloves)

4 Righteous Paladin (w/ Sigil Of Grace. Throw Lifedrain on him a few times and it just snowballs)
1 Highlands Shinobi
2 Living Totem (w/ Helm of Many Faces)
3 Princess Victoria (AA of course!)
4 Spearcliff Cloud Knights (w/ Sandals of Fealty. Turns 1 minion into 2 that procs heal on death, a double dosage for Paladin)

2 Droo's Colossal Walker (Lifedrain from him or Victoria means he can automatically ready in 2nd phase.
4 Angel of Dawn (Yeah this deck isn't cheap!)

3 Incantation of Righteousness (Great Buff. Easy to Proc)
3 Preservation (easiest way to deal with chump enemy minions after you attacked)
3 Inner Conflict (w/ Scepter of Nightmares. Again won me lots of games as this can shut down an entire board.
3 Solitary Exiles

MatWith1T
04-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Brutal Commander & Xocoy with direct damage gem.
Use Jags, Crushing Blow, Giles power whatever to get Commander to do 5 damage. He puts Xocoy in play who does damage when he enters, use his one shot so Commander can attack again... Put ANOTHER Xocoy into play, repeat until win. With Crimson Clarity you can pull it off turn 2 with the nuts draw.

Jeevus
04-17-2015, 07:04 AM
Brutal Commander & Xocoy with direct damage gem.
Use Jags, Crushing Blow, Giles power whatever to get Commander to do 5 damage. He puts Xocoy in play who does damage when he enters, use his one shot so Commander can attack again... Put ANOTHER Xocoy into play, repeat until win. With Crimson Clarity you can pull it off turn 2 with the nuts draw.

Pretty much what i play for arena funsies. Normally, game over turn 4-5. Can't think of a reliably faster arena deck.

vickrpg
04-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Lightning elemental gorefeast most likely.

Although I do run a mean Blood/Diamond dual paladin deck that kills quick. uses a lot of the same cards as the mono D above.

Champ: Gozzog
10 Diamond Shard
10 Blood Shard
4 Shard of Retribution
4 Adamanthian Scrivener (w/ Ink-Stained Gloves)
4 Righteous Paladin (w/ Sigil Of Grace)
4 Paladin of the Necropolis
4 Inner Conflict (w/ Scepter of Nightmare)
4 Angel of Dawn (Still cheap)
4 Vampire King (I used leeches before I got my fulls set of VK's)
4 Incantation of Righteousness
2 Solitary Exile
2 Siphon Life
2 Talisman of Vitae
2 pact of pain

It's amazing how many different lifegain triggers you can get off in one turn.

Jeevus
04-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Lightning elemental gorefeast most likely.

If that was a response to me, i do play gore feasts and lightning eles in my deck ;). Just more wincons for turn 4/5.

vickrpg
04-17-2015, 07:32 AM
If that was a response to me, i do play gore feasts and lightning eles in my deck ;). Just more wincons for turn 4/5.
nah it was a response to the OP's title.

Tazelbain
04-17-2015, 08:04 AM
I don't think we can automatically say the fastest Arena decks will be the best in Wild West PvP. Players adapt. I suspect we'll see a completely new meta.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 08:12 AM
I think dark gambit would be sickening, but it would have a few solid counters. I do think that the most powerful decks would never even enter arena, due to the more haphazard and unpredictable nature of certain decks, but I suspect the better decks would involve Living Totem, Leeching Burrower, Darkspire Priestess, and War Machinist. Plenty of other powerhouses hiding behind the scenes, but those would likely mark the start of the meta.

Vorpal
04-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Do you think Xarlox deck would be a competitive pvp deck?

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Do you think Xarlox deck would be a competitive pvp deck?

With some tweaks, and the passive active? I don't doubt it for a second. Without the passive? Maybe strong but too slow for tier 1.

zadies
04-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Without the champ power and the ai only pve cards it's not really a competitive deck.

We all know this is coming it's a matter of when is it coming... I mean it's still listed under coming soon tournament types(look under constructed)

https://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Without the champ power and the ai only pve cards it's not really a competitive deck.

We all know this is coming it's a matter of when is it coming... I mean it's still listed under coming soon tournament types(look under constructed)

https://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

Yeah, minus the boss cards it is just a slow mill deck. Wouldn't be even close to tier.

Armies
04-18-2015, 04:10 AM
its hard to say since tons of cards don't have equipment yet there may be some fun combo decks coming :)