PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Draft Extension

Shaqattaq
04-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Hi HEXers. This week, patched this week to improve some things and to fix the Giant Corpse Fly bug that was breaking some games. Hooray! Now, a message from Cory Jones.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-draft-extension//

Yoss
04-17-2015, 11:07 AM
You guys are too generous.

Thanks for the personal update, Cory! It's always great to hear from the man in charge. :)

kaiizza
04-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Nice update, Thanks for the extension. Hope my pro player gets the extra six months too :) (just a joke btw)

Yoss
04-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Pro Players totally just got the shaft! ;)

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 11:09 AM
Surprising and very generous - even if this didn't affect me I would support the extension. Way to make people feel less anxious!

chromus
04-17-2015, 11:15 AM
I'm not surprised by the great generosity. Thanks guys! :)

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm not surprised by the great generosity. Thanks guys! :)

I am not surprised by the generosity - I am surprised by the adding of generosity to generosity! Double generous!

Kami
04-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Wow... with this extension, the value given back to the community vs what they received via funding just went up a huge notch to 3.46x from 2.89x (if not more).

They were funded at least $2,278,255 but they're giving back at least $7,892,334 value's worth and that number is going to keep increasing too.

Khazrakh
04-17-2015, 11:40 AM
I can't believe what I just read!
Thank you very much <3

lite
04-17-2015, 11:52 AM
good News for all the high-bakers... the others... ? ugh...

GhundiPI
04-17-2015, 11:57 AM
The extension is very generous indeed, thank you! So does that mean we will see the complete Hex experience in six months? ;)

hammer
04-17-2015, 12:03 PM
The extension is very generous indeed, thank you! So does that mean we will see the complete Hex experience in six months? ;)

Doubt we get that far but open beta within three months sounds reasonable

N3rd4Christ
04-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Doubt we get that far but open beta within three months sounds reasonable

Optimism at its finest

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 12:17 PM
good News for all the high-bakers... the others... ? ugh...

Only a certain number of people are affected, and those are (by and large) the ones who haven't gotten the bulk of what they paid for. The 3 tiers without their full rewards (dungeon crawlers still have a lot of undelivered potential) paid a good deal more than the tier below them (over double the price) and have little or nothing to show for it, almost a full year later (we are about a week from the beta anniversary.)

Considering the drafts were added to promote pledges in good faith, and that faith has been shaken (and rightfully so if you work off the initial estimates alone) this is just HexEnt making amends for not living up to promises.

This isn't about anyone being more important. It is about a small group of players putting in good faith and getting nothing to show for it... Until this extension. Every other backer has gotten most of their rewards, or so much that they don't require the same compensation.

I do wonder about the higher tiers and Lotus Gardens - I had hoped to have my garden a good deal earlier than this, and there is still a long way to go. For a login reward, I would have a lot banked by now, and will have nothing to use when it lands. I can't say it needs compensation, but I am sad I paid for something that I could be using in arena, but won't see for potentially months. Totally not on topic though, just seemed like a similar situation.

plaguedealer
04-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Thank you very much, it is stuff like this that keeps the faith that this will be the greatest tcg.

Fred
04-17-2015, 12:18 PM
The VIP schedule seems odd. Times are listed as CEST (which is UTC+0200)

Friday: 19:00, 16:00
Saturday: 12:00, 20:00
Sunday: 03:00, 18:00

Translating to EDT for the East Coast means substracting 6 hours. We then get.

Friday: 13:00, 10:00
Saturday: 6:00, 14:00, 21:00
Sunday: 12:00

There are no VIP tournaments on Friday night, and there is a 17 hours gap between the 13:00 (EDT) Friday tourney and the next one at 6AM on Saturday.

In the previous months, there was a tournament at 22:00 (eastern time) on Friday night, which would translate to 04:00 (CEST) on Saturday morning. Why was that time slot removed in favor of Friday morning? 10 AM on a Friday is hardly on a weekend.

Lukezors
04-17-2015, 12:18 PM
This is incredibly generous, but the $250+ tiers are not the only ones waiting for a feature complete hex. A large portion of the backers were at the King tier for example.

Not saying we need or deserve anything but does seem odd to give such a huge gift to only half your backers.

Really not writing out of rage/greed, just trying to point it out!

drui
04-17-2015, 12:22 PM
This is incredibly generous, but the $250+ tiers are not the only ones waiting for a feature complete hex. A large portion of the backers were at the King tier for example.

Not saying we need or deserve anything but does seem odd to give such a huge gift to only half your backers.

Really not writing out of rage/greed, just trying to point it out!

+1

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I'd love some small token of faith as a king backer, but I can make do without. I see this as giving the people with a right to complain (although I wish they would do it less) a much needed apology.

LNQ
04-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Yep I agree that the lower tier backers and slacker backers would be given something too. One free draft ticket a month for the six months or something like that. As a big tier backer I don't feel like I should be getting any more rewards than I already have.

Lukezors
04-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I'd love some small token of faith as a king backer, but I can make do without. I see this as giving the people with a right to complain (although I wish they would do it less) a much needed apology.

I'm just not sure why the higher tiers have more of a right to complain? I guess I can see raid and guild leaders(maybe dungeon crawler?) but collector certainly has gotten what they were promised. Again not attacking anyone, just trying to present all the facts as I see them.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm just not sure why the higher tiers have more of a right to complain? I guess I can see raid and guild leaders(maybe dungeon crawler?) but collector certainly has gotten what they were promised. Again not attacking anyone, just trying to present all the facts as I see them.

The collectors getting this boost is nothing more than collateral damage - HexEnt has no way to know which tiers each draft code came from (since they were separate codes), and some players gifted or sold the year of drafts rather than redeeming them themselves.

In short - Collector gets a freebie because DC, RL and GL all are falling behind. It could be worse - Pro could be gifted 6 months extra too (to give them an extra ticket per week.) :p

Lukezors
04-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Were the codes not tied to your tier rather than being for a year of draft?

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Were the codes not tied to your tier rather than being for a year of draft?

Definitely separate codes. I was gifted the year of drafts, but the gifter kept the tier code.

nicosharp
04-17-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure why there is such a higher perceived value for collector tiers. Some of the people that backed collector, are legitimately collecting, and those cards have $0 trade value to them, as the cards go no-where.

Amazing perk guys. Thank you! Looking forward to the next 6 months.

bootlace
04-17-2015, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure why there is such a higher perceived value for collector tiers. Some of the people that backed collector, are legitimately collecting, and those cards have $0 trade value to them, as the cards go no-where.

Amazing perk guys. Thank you! Looking forward to the next 6 months.

That's some ridiculous logic. So if I don't plan on moving the house that I'm living in has $0 trade value?

majin
04-17-2015, 01:21 PM
great move CZE but as a pro tier backer, i feel left out :( still, great move :)

nicosharp
04-17-2015, 01:22 PM
That's some ridiculous logic. So if I don't plan on moving the house that I'm living in has $0 trade value?You got me there. Everyone should have bought Collector. It's value is priceless, and comparable to houses. Funny how so many were left after the KS campaign ended..... stop da bitchin', you dun screwed up.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 01:22 PM
That's some ridiculous logic. So if I don't plan on moving the house that I'm living in has $0 trade value?

Not exactly a fair comparison - I mean, you pay for the land, the resources, etc etc. A collector not planning on ever trading them does get 0 direct value out of them, beyond the satisfaction of owning them.

That said, the cards have value, if the collector ever decides to sell - it is just unrealised value until they do, which is what is making it '$0' in the meantime. And if they never sell, and the accounts close, then the value is locked at 0.

Lukezors
04-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Not exactly a fair comparison - I mean, you pay for the land, the resources, etc etc. A collector not planning on ever trading them does get 0 direct value out of them, beyond the satisfaction of owning them.

That said, the cards have value, if the collector ever decides to sell - it is just unrealised value until they do, which is what is making it '$0' in the meantime. And if they never sell, and the accounts close, then the value is locked at 0.

You could, in theory, say the value is whatever the market price is for two of each of those cards if you would have considered buying them with the tier.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 01:33 PM
You could, in theory, say the value is whatever the market price is for two of each of those cards if you would have considered buying them with the tier.

Until the goods have moved, they only have an estimated value. The estimated value of any tier is much higher than the actual value of any given tier - it is up to the player to maximise the value they get out of it.

bootlace
04-17-2015, 01:56 PM
You got me there. Everyone should have bought Collector. It's value is priceless, and comparable to houses. Funny how so many were left after the KS campaign ended..... stop da bitchin', you dun screwed up.

Stop digging yourself a deeper hole, you said the TRADE VALUE is 0$. The trade value is what you can get for it in a trade, which is most certainly not $0. Whether you choose to exercise that that or not is an entirely different matter just as it's up to Pro Players whether to actually use their draft tickets and sell the cards to get the potential value that the tier offers. Again whether Collector tier was or wasn't highly valued during the KS has nothing to do with this conversation.

nicosharp
04-17-2015, 02:03 PM
Stop digging yourself a deeper hole, you said the TRADE VALUE is 0$. The trade value is what you can get for it in a trade, which is most certainly not $0. Whether you choose to exercise that that or not is an entirely different matter just as it's up to Pro Players whether to actually use their draft tickets and sell the cards to get the potential value that the tier offers. Again whether Collector tier was or wasn't highly valued during the KS has nothing to do with this conversation.
There was no sarcasm in my first sentence. No holes to be dug. You are right. There is no such thing as a $0 value, if you are looking at it from that angle.

Also, complaining about the collector tier now, shows that people that are benefiting now took a gamble that paid off. Jealousy isn't going to solve anything now to provide equality for people that refused to jump then.

Steelio
04-17-2015, 02:05 PM
That's awesome news for KS backers. Personally I've spent 200+ and dun get no fweebies :<

nicosharp
04-17-2015, 02:08 PM
That's awesome news for KS backers. Personally I've spent 200+ and dun get no fweebies :<
At least your attitude has gotten better now that you are streaming. I guess I can take you off my ignore list :)

Selanius
04-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Free drafts are great for players at all levels of the game. Free drafts are what keeps tournaments firing and this game exciting.

I'm a King backer. I have received zero free weekly drafts from my KS pledge but I am THRILLED to hear this news. With more free drafts going out I know that 8-man draft will continue to fire for the next 6 months until they can deliver a big marketing push to bring more players into the game.

Yoss
04-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Free drafts are great for players at all levels of the game. Free drafts are what keeps tournaments firing and this game exciting.

I'm a King backer. I have received zero free weekly drafts from my KS pledge but I am THRILLED to hear this news. With more free drafts going out I know that 8-man draft will continue to fire for the next 6 months until they can deliver a big marketing push to bring more players into the game.

I was thinking that this might be the primary reason for the extension, or at least a strong secondary reason. Obviously, HexEnt would be foolish to publish that as their reason though.

DataDragon
04-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Also, before people ask, I also updated the database so that unused yearly draft codes will get the extra 6 months too.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Also, before people ask, I also updated the database so that unused yearly draft codes will get the extra 6 months too.

You probably shouldn't go check the thread in general then (although it has been answered there too.)

Always good to hear things explained clearly though!

schild
04-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Hmmmm.

I have thoughts on this extension but I dare not share them because "pitchforks over logic" or something.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Hmmmm.

I have thoughts on this extension but I dare not share them because "pitchforks over logic" or something.

I assume it was going to be a comment about card value? Well, most people would rather have drafts firing and slightly cheaper AH prices than to have things grind to a halt waiting for new content.

I think we just avoided 90% of an argument. Kudos to us?

schild
04-17-2015, 05:07 PM
I assume it was going to be a comment about card value?

Nope.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Nope.

Fair enough. I won't pry, because I am not interested in being a catalyst for an argument, but I can only assume you genuinely believe whatever it is you aren't going to say, and leaving it alone is the best call. :)

schild
04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Know, not believe, junior.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 05:31 PM

I sure hope you are older than me, or you are going to look awfully foolish. ;)

x78089
04-17-2015, 06:26 PM

Indiana Jones quote?

N3rd4Christ
04-17-2015, 06:42 PM
This thread needs a wahmbulance!

Drake6k
04-17-2015, 08:06 PM
CZE was very clear that the KS rewards would never be available again after the Kickstarter ended, right?

They didn't just give Dungeon Crawler, Raid Leader, Guild Master, and Collector free weekly drafts for 18 months, they shared the Pro-Player tier reward for 18 months. I wouldn't call this sharing the Pro-Player tier if extra drafts were also given to the Pro-Player tier, but no, they don't stack.

If you're going to say "Free weekly draft tickets extended by six months" then you might as well change it to "Free Pro-Player tier extended by six months."

The free drafts should stack.

OutlandishMatt
04-17-2015, 09:44 PM

It's as much perceived as attaching a value on any other tier is perceived. What the player does with the cards is up to them, that does not mean it doesn't have value. If I have 10 ounces of gold that I plan to never sell, that doesn't mean it doesn't have value. If I have Action Comics #1 or an autographed Babe Ruth baseball that I'm collecting but never plan to sell doesn't mean it doesn't have value. No matter if it's a house or a collectible it still has value no matter it's intent. Everything has value. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

I think this is the best thing that could happen for the Raid tier and a bad thing to happen for everyone at King tier and below that have been supporting the game since Alpha. I honestly believe they should reward ALL accounts that have been active since Alpha, not just the $250 tiers.

I have Pro Player tier so this doesn't affect me but I feel bad for everyone else that has backed at King and below that sees the others get so much more value.

hex_colin
04-17-2015, 10:27 PM
I honestly believe they should reward ALL accounts that have been active since Alpha, not just the $250 tiers..

AA Yetis, holiday sleeves, free packs, packs for participation, constructed and sealed tickets, etc. People have been getting free stuff all year...

magic_gazz
04-17-2015, 10:36 PM
AA Yetis, holiday sleeves, free packs, packs for participation, constructed and sealed tickets, etc. People have been getting free stuff all year...

So did the tiers that just got a free 6 months on top of their free year while the rest of us got squat.

I have only just seen the announcement and am reading up now butI don't like it one bit.

hex_colin
04-17-2015, 10:46 PM
So did the tiers that just got a free 6 months on top of their free year while the rest of us got squat.

I have only just seen the announcement and am reading up now butI don't like it one bit.

This...

Come on guys.

http://celebratemondays.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Neighbor.jpg

mudkip
04-17-2015, 10:53 PM

Dude, can you like, read my mind?

magic_gazz
04-17-2015, 11:15 PM
Colin, to be honest I don't agree with that. Some people getting treated better "because" is not a good way to do things.

I made a post in the other thread, you can read that is you want to see some of the issues I have with this. My main concern is the health of the game.

Gwaer
04-17-2015, 11:43 PM
The healthiest thing for the game is that people interested in paying for drafts can draft at any hour with as little wait as possible. All this did is extend the status quo a little longer while they get the game in a position to ramp up to the 100,000 tournament.

Falaris
04-18-2015, 01:37 AM
As someone who has multiple 250 tiers, personally I think the 250 tiers shouldn't get 6 extra months of drafting. Instead those tickets should be given to the people below 250. We already have basically paid for our tier throughout the first year, even those of us with Dungeon Crawler backer like me.

Drake6k
04-18-2015, 01:56 AM
As someone who has multiple 250 tiers, personally I think the 250 tiers shouldn't get 6 extra months of drafting. Instead those tickets should be given to the people below 250. We already have basically paid for our tier throughout the first year, even those of us with Dungeon Crawler backer like me.

As a Pro-Player backer I'm going to agree with you ;)

jimmywolf
04-18-2015, 05:08 AM
i rarely ever post but i do like browsing the forum to see whats new, the 6 months to only $250 only seem like a bitter pill but as colin was trying say it not hard too look at what others are getting an wonder why am not getting more...

i backed at $250 wanted a $500 tier for all that extra goodness i felt like that was too good not to be part of endless rewards for life of the game! instead i picked what meant the most too me AA cards for the life of the game as i love the art an wanted unique cards

their nothing wrong with wanting more an been jealous of what others get an feeling you should be treated the same or better but for awhile in hex life was facing uncertainty, he even offer refund too those that wanted too jump ship.

it is a shame then, that when he decided he wanted too share a gift too those he felt supported the game little more then others with a small token as thank you, that it turn into entitlement an greed.

tldr

it the nature of man too always want more an feel like we should be equal, even if we did not pay the same or work the same.
so stay happy an focus on the good things too come.

Thrawn
04-18-2015, 07:46 AM
This...

Just because it's good advice for the real world doesn't automagicaly mean it applies to everything in a video game.

Turboflex
04-18-2015, 09:31 AM
I don't have a problem with KS backers getting any more freebies if that's what CZE wants to do to keep them happy, they did put up money at the beginning , but CZE isn't showing much appreciation to non-KS players, who are now buying platinum and are being told no updates coming.

Xenavire
04-18-2015, 09:34 AM
I don't have a problem with KS backers getting any more freebies if that's what CZE wants to do to keep them happy, they did put up money at the beginning , but CZE isn't showing much appreciation to non-KS players, who are now buying platinum and are being told no updates coming.

Everyone just got free sleeves for Easter a few weeks ago. It isn't like people are being ignored, but the scale of the two events make things seem much worse than they are.

Turboflex
04-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Everyone just got free sleeves for Easter a few weeks ago. It isn't like people are being ignored, but the scale of the two events make things seem much worse than they are.

Lots of online games do holiday events, which are appreciated, but I don't think that event and this "sorry there's no updates, here's some compensation for some of you, everyone else suck it up" are quite the same thing in most peoples' eyes.

Xenavire
04-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Lots of online games do holiday events, which are appreciated, but I don't think that event and this "sorry there's no updates, here's some compensation for some of you, everyone else suck it up" are quite the same thing in most peoples' eyes.

True, but that is a single example of the many things Hex has had for free - 2 holiday events, 2x baby yeti AA, several sets of milestone sleeves, free boosters, free event tickets for helping test, etc etc etc.

It isn't just one group being singled out for a perk for zero reason, it is compensation. If everyone required compensation, I am sure we would get it.

Turboflex
04-18-2015, 10:04 AM
That's fine, and like I said, that's their right to show their appreciation to early backers, good for them, but the other players here who have joined since then, we're sitting here saying whoop-dee-doo, more delays for the content we anticipate as well. CZE doesn't seem to appreciate our patience quite as much as certain other players. Nothing personal, that's business, but I guess I'll play something else in the meanwhile with if not much is changing around here.

Xenavire
04-18-2015, 10:58 AM
That's fine, and like I said, that's their right to show their appreciation to early backers, good for them, but the other players here who have joined since then, we're sitting here saying whoop-dee-doo, more delays for the content we anticipate as well. CZE doesn't seem to appreciate our patience quite as much as certain other players. Nothing personal, that's business, but I guess I'll play something else in the meanwhile with if not much is changing around here.

I think you are just assuming stuff - they didn't say things are being delayed. They said things were delayed (like set 2 taking so long to launch etc) which doesn't affect anything coming right now. And knowing HexEnt, we will potentially get gifts soon (either for the 1 year anniversary since beta went live, or, more likely, in May/June for the kickstarter anniversary.) There is also set 3 on the horizon, which should have a release event (giving out even more stuff if you join queues), so as long as there are not any unexpected delays, we should have plenty to do soon enough, with plenty of freebies to boot.

There is every chance I could be wrong about the anniversary stuff though, so bear in mind it was me who said it, not HexEnt. :p

KingGabriel
04-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Dude, can you like, read my mind?
Why are you running for PM in my country http://imgur.com/jkj8SB4 :P

ThomasHunter
04-19-2015, 03:26 PM
Thank you HexEnt! This is really cool and generous. I am extremely grateful! I love this game (and not just for the freebies)!

Ravarros
04-20-2015, 11:11 AM
the only problem is that they discontinued the VIP program so none of the rest of us get a chance to get in on this .
PLEASE give the rest of us something as well

Xenavire
04-20-2015, 12:07 PM
the only problem is that they discontinued the VIP program so none of the rest of us get a chance to get in on this .
PLEASE give the rest of us something as well

I believe you are mistaken - this has nothing to do with the VIP program, it is about Kickstarter reward tiers. Kickstarter reward tiers were only open for a limited window in order to fund the game, while VIP was discontinued because of the possibility it would be abuse, and may be retooled in future.

Ravarros
04-20-2015, 07:30 PM
The problem with the Kickstarter tiers being that they are continuing it on out and that leaves all the rest of us out in the cold with nothing . I would gladly have contributed but did not find out about this game till February of this year . The bottom line being is that it will quickly and efficiently unbalance the game in that those of us who were not here at the beginning now get nothing and the other players continue to get stronger .

There has to be some way to initiate a program whereby the rest of us can do something like pay a fee each month to get access . It would help us by allowing us to keep up with the others and help Hex by bringing them in money . Win win for everyone

Xenavire
04-20-2015, 07:33 PM
The problem with the Kickstarter tiers being that they are continuing it on out and that leaves all the rest of us out in the cold with nothing . I would gladly have contributed but did not find out about this game till February of this year . The bottom line being is that it will quickly and efficiently unbalance the game in that those of us who were not here at the beginning now get nothing and the other players continue to get stronger .

There has to be some way to initiate a program whereby the rest of us can do something like pay a fee each month to get access . It would help us by allowing us to keep up with the others and help Hex by bringing them in money . Win win for everyone

A program like that would be great, but this particular update is simply an apology for people waiting on things they paid for and are still not in the game. I am sure that this will be a unique event and all backers will be treated equally. :)

Ravarros
04-28-2015, 06:54 AM
I think you are just assuming stuff - they didn't say things are being delayed. They said things were delayed (like set 2 taking so long to launch etc) which doesn't affect anything coming right now. And knowing HexEnt, we will potentially get gifts soon (either for the 1 year anniversary since beta went live, or, more likely, in May/June for the kickstarter anniversary.) There is also set 3 on the horizon, which should have a release event (giving out even more stuff if you join queues), so as long as there are not any unexpected delays, we should have plenty to do soon enough, with plenty of freebies to boot.

There is every chance I could be wrong about the anniversary stuff though, so bear in mind it was me who said it, not HexEnt. :p

And as you mentioned in this post possibly they would give rewards or freebies for the 1 yr anniversary of the kickstarter campaign . Any guess that any one who is not a kickstarter tier will get left out of that too probably .

Xenavire
04-28-2015, 07:11 AM
And as you mentioned in this post possibly they would give rewards or freebies for the 1 yr anniversary of the kickstarter campaign . Any guess that any one who is not a kickstarter tier will get left out of that too probably .

I am absolutely certain that anyone who has an account before the anniversary will get any rewards they hand out.