PDA

View Full Version : AI Arena champion frequency

Harsgalt
04-17-2015, 05:07 PM
This just may be confirmation bias, but might there be a higher chance to encounter certain champions based on the type of deck you're playing?

I find that running an orc tribal deck seems to encounter xarlox almost all the time, and we all know how much xarlox hates orcs.

Yet when I ran other decks mill/flyers/dwarves I saw him once out of maybe 8-10 runs?

Even if it is just in my head, maybe it would be a cool feature?

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 05:19 PM
This just may be confirmation bias, but might there be a higher chance to encounter certain champions based on the type of deck you're playing?

I find that running an orc tribal deck seems to encounter xarlox almost all the time, and we all know how much xarlox hates orcs.

Yet when I ran other decks mill/flyers/dwarves I saw him once out of maybe 8-10 runs?

Even if it is just in my head, maybe it would be a cool feature?

Pretty sure it is in your head... And if it wasn't exploitable I think it would be neat. (I mean, build the orc deck to counter vennen decks, and arena is a breeze as you face mostly vennen decks.)

zadies
04-17-2015, 05:32 PM
That is how they described dungeons to be working though xen so they could be using it as a test bed for that.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 05:35 PM
That is how they described dungeons to be working though xen so they could be using it as a test bed for that.

I think that is how the AI is meant to behave - and maybe scripted events. I am talking about the RNG elements being modified to emphasise things like racial hatred - cool concept that works less well in a randomly determined environment. Not saying it would be impossible to balance, but I do think people would find ways to trick the system into giving them easier fights.

Maybe that could be the reward for being clever, but it should never be a cakewalk based on X and Y criteria, you know? :p

zadies
04-17-2015, 05:39 PM
I really don't think people want to guarantee getting xarlox with a hyper agro deck... decently easy to test tho run 25 orc only runs see how many times you get xarlox, and in addition you can run 25 dwarf runs and see if you avoid hitting eurig, and 25 human runs and see how many times you don't get king gabriel... really can't think of any other conditional ones but there probably are.

Miwa
04-17-2015, 05:55 PM
I swear I rarely see War Bot now that I'm running a deck with lots of artifacts... :P

IronPheasant
04-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Is the Sensei dead again? I haven't seen him for weeks.

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 06:33 PM
Is the Sensei dead again? I haven't seen him for weeks.

Now that you mention it, I can't say I have seen him for a while.

Aradon
04-17-2015, 10:47 PM
I run an orc aggro deck and rarely see Xarlox, so I don't think it's weighted towards him.

I can second though that I haven't seen Sensei in quite a few runs. Almost as long as it's been for Uruunaz :P I ran into him on my second run ever, got trashed, and haven't had a chance for revenge ever since.

Xavon
04-18-2015, 12:40 AM
I still have never seen Big U. And haven't seen Moonie for a while, either.

KingGabriel
04-18-2015, 03:24 AM
I really don't think people want to guarantee getting xarlox with a hyper agro deck... decently easy to test tho run 25 orc only runs see how many times you get xarlox, and in addition you can run 25 dwarf runs and see if you avoid hitting eurig, and 25 human runs and see how many times you don't get king gabriel... really can't think of any other conditional ones but there probably are.
Hey... I get busy sometimes too. :(

zadies
04-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Hey kg since you are actually in the thread can you just see how many times your holiday deck runs into yourself the next 25 times you play it?

Skirovik
04-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Yeah haven't seen Sensei in a LONG time now. Odd.