PDA

View Full Version : Set 3

dontbejello87
04-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Is there any news on the set 3? I didn't want to put to much money into the game if the third set is going to be coming out soon. If there anything about it can I be pointed in the right direction.

Xenavire
04-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Is there any news on the set 3? I didn't want to put to much money into the game if the third set is going to be coming out soon. If there anything about it can I be pointed in the right direction.

We know it is the next big feature coming, but at the same time we don't know when it will land. Considering everything from set 1+2 will still be legal (and probably widely used) you shouldn't lose anything by investing now. Currently it looks like we could be a month or more away from set 3.

Diesbudt
04-19-2015, 02:19 PM
We know it is the next big feature coming, but at the same time we don't know when it will land. Considering everything from set 1+2 will still be legal (and probably widely used) you shouldn't lose anything by investing now. Currently it looks like we could be a month or more away from set 3.

This ^.

Though from how set 2 rolled out, I am going to put money on June 2nd.

vylqun
04-19-2015, 10:57 PM
but exactly what made u think u could ask this in the announcements subforum? O_o
thats... really ... i just can't grasp how someone could think of this as a good place for such a thread....

Kami
04-20-2015, 02:55 AM
Moved to more appropriate forum.

Voormas
04-20-2015, 03:26 AM
Based on no evidence at all I prognosticate that it will be within 5-6 weeks

Khazrakh
04-20-2015, 03:28 AM
Based on no evidence at all I prognosticate that it will be within 5-6 weeks

Might be true. I guess we'll know once they start rolling out the spoilers.
Next Friday update might tell us more ;)

dontbejello87
04-20-2015, 05:31 AM
Because it says and news

Xenavire
04-20-2015, 05:38 AM
Because it says and news

The news and announcements part is purely for threads created by Hex staff. Any questions should go here, in general discussion, or in the beta discussion (or if it applies, new player help or one of the other subforums.)

israel.kendall
04-20-2015, 05:49 AM
If I were to prestidigitate, I would say 5-6 weeks also, but it's just a blind guess really.

Cernz
04-20-2015, 05:51 AM
i hope they release it on 1st of may :) with a special weekend fr-sunday/monday

but most likely, this will not gonna happen :p

Thrawn
04-20-2015, 05:51 AM
Roughly 6 months.

Xenavire
04-20-2015, 05:53 AM
i hope they release it on 1st of may :) with a special weekend fr-sunday/monday

but most likely, this will not gonna happen :p

I can guarantee it won't be at the start of May. :p Even if they announced the date this Friday, mid May would be the absolute earliest it would be. I am guessing early June based on current lack of dates.

Cernz
04-20-2015, 07:22 AM
I can guarantee it won't be at the start of May. :p Even if they announced the date this Friday, mid May would be the absolute earliest it would be. I am guessing early June based on current lack of dates.

xena... aka the destroyer of dreams :D

Xenavire
04-20-2015, 07:27 AM
xena... aka the destroyer of dreams :D

It doesn't make me feel good, but when I am sure... Trust me when I say I can't wait either, but I am realistic. I live in hope that every Friday update is the one that gives us the date, but so far no luck. :p

I am hoping it is this week, because my b'day is tomorrow, and last year at this time beta was just about to launch, so a set 3 date a year later would be amazing. ;)

poizonous
04-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Im with Xena on this one, I never once expected an April release, always assumed May, but as Xena said, no spoilers/updates on set 3 in 2 weeks just puts us near the end of April only knowing 1 set 3 Card, June is looking more probable every day

hex_colin
04-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Im with Xena on this one, I never once expected an April release, always assumed May, but as Xena said, no spoilers/updates on set 3 in 2 weeks just puts us near the end of April only knowing 1 set 3 Card, June is looking more probable every day

I wouldn't read anything into the lack of spoilers other than that it might be they prefer the mystery. ;)

Xenavire
04-20-2015, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't read anything into the lack of spoilers other than that it might be they prefer the mystery. ;)

I like mystery, but I also love spoiler season. :)

Even a few commons here and there would get me frothing at the mouth!

zadies
04-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Really don't get the hang up on spoilers anyway we know that the set was on an internal client being tested at least 1 week before the release of the set name probably multiple weeks for the set name to be released due to an accident where they didn't remove a filter when moving some of the patches on the internal client over to the live client.

For all we know they could drop set 3 the day after the vip tournament was over because they didn't want to disrupt the meta for it. There was no reason to have a set 3 filter if set 3 was not in their internal client.

poizonous
04-20-2015, 10:32 AM

I sincerely hope they aren't doing this set release without spoilers... I would much rather wait another month for the set and get spoilers, than get the set thrown at us with no spoilers. Ruins Release weekend competitiveness, not knowing what to potentially expect your opponent to have is not fun, sure this is all coming from a competitive angle and im sure there are some people who like the "Surprise" of new cards, but whether you know a card exists or not, it is still a "Surprise" to pull it

halfwing
04-20-2015, 10:32 AM
This ^.

Though from how set 2 rolled out, I am going to put money on June 2nd.

You mean May 33rd? :P

zadies
04-20-2015, 10:34 AM
I think it makes for a much more even playing field, and given the fact that they are going with a 3-3-3 draft environment it actually makes more sense then not for new players.

Also given there is a view all option in the filters for the card manager you can spend an hour reading all the cards right after it is released if you don't want to be surprised.

Actually I think it would be uber fun if they dropped it on Friday and completely destroyed the meta for the vip tournament though I'm sure most others wouldn't appreciate it.

poizonous
04-20-2015, 10:35 AM
I think it makes for a much more even playing field, and given the fact that they are going with a 3-3-3 draft environment it actually makes more sense then not for new players.

How is it a Less even playing field with spoilers. The spoilers are there for EVERYONE to see. No unfair advantage either way, it just makes for a less competitive playing environment

And to Add, there is probably more of an unfair play field with no spoilers. LEts say a card exists like Extinction in set 3 for all tunneled troops. You dont know this card exists and are playing shinhare, you tunnel 3 or 4 troops just to get them wiped. That would be unfair

zadies
04-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Because better players know how to look for synergy between cards, if you don't know what to look for you can't plan anyway... your more competitive environment is actually a new player wins less... I would say going in blind is more fair for them BECAUSE it is less of an advantage to you.

Khendral
04-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Even if there were no spoilers, all cards will be available for everyone to see once the set is patched in, so you could check all the new cards in Card Manager before playing a 3-3-3 draft.

Then again, I do love spoilers. Now would be a great moment to start spoiling the new mechanics (with, say, a common showing each one)

poizonous
04-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Because better players know how to look for synergy between cards, if you don't know what to look for you can't plan anyway... your more competitive environment is actually a new player wins less... I would say going in blind is more fair for them BECAUSE it is less of an advantage to you.

So experience shouldn't be rewarded? This is a TCG, this is not Hearthstone. New players will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage in some way, there will never be a more even playing field than everyone knowing all the cards in the set

Gwaer
04-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Fairness argument aside, my favorite format is everyone going into a draft/sealed with no idea what cards are available, and just letting themselves be surprised, and see what they can throw together with no major pre-planning. Unfortunately that is only possible at one point. The release of a new set. Sadly it's infeasible to keep everyone in the dark. People have to test cards, etc. Maybe in the future we'll see a format like that with the a set in advance of the next release at gencon, let people see a sneak peak with the understanding that things will likely change. Might take away from the current set, though...

*shrug* there are reasons to keep people in the dark, and to be totally up front and release set lists far in the future. No point in really arguing about it on a level other than personal preference.

Scammanator
04-20-2015, 10:47 AM

A nice, big reveal on release-day would be nice. Although I hope they still do introduction articles/videos on the new mechanics in the week or two leading up to it, like they did with Shattered Destiny.

Spoiler-wise, I'm craving mercenary redesign spoilers more than anything.

zadies
04-20-2015, 10:49 AM
You will have the opportunity to know all the cards in the set regardless once the set launches with the card manager filter anyway... you just can't pre-plan.

It really all depends on what CZE plans to do along with set 3... is it going to be the coming out of beta set? are they going to start the 100k tournament at the exact same time? either of those options and the possibility of both of them combined would say no previous experience should count for as close to 0 as possible the moment the set launches to start everyone on the same footing as possible. And no spoilers and the 3-3-3 drafting format is about the best they can do.

incitfulmonk21
04-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Spoiler-wise, I'm craving mercenary redesign spoilers more than anything.

This would be super awesome.

Cernz
04-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Id love a mystery release and jump directly into a draft :)

nicosharp
04-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Not a huge fan of surprises, but I guess this would be fun for the first 24hours.
Kind of hard to hide things when the database in-game will support all the cards and we can search for all cards we do not own to piece the set together and come up with strategies.

hex_colin
04-20-2015, 11:03 AM
To be clear, I wasn't confirming that that was the plan (some sort mystery release). I was just pointing out that the lack of spoilers does not necessarily correlate with the progress on the set and/or the release date. :) I just think we'll see a more planned and coordinated effort this time, rather than the trickle of spoilers from the past.

zadies
04-20-2015, 11:03 AM
You don't even need to search there is a filter in the card manager and equipment manager to show what you don't own... if you really really really hate the idea of not knowing you would just turn on the set 3 filter turn on the show all filter and read everything once the set launched.

I liked the idea of a surprise release though... it meant it could happen tomorrow:p

Saying there is going to be a coordinated spoiler campaign puts it at least a month out.

poizonous
04-20-2015, 11:06 AM
To be clear, I wasn't confirming that that was the plan (some sort mystery release). I was just pointing out that the lack of spoilers does not necessarily correlate with the progress on the set and/or the release date. :) I just think we'll see a more planned and coordinated effort this time, rather than the trickle of spoilers from the past.

Sorry Colin, not many of your posts have a smiley face in it if they weren't hinting at something :P

nicosharp
04-20-2015, 11:16 AM
You don't even need to search there is a filter in the card manager and equipment manager to show what you don't own... if you really really really hate the idea of not knowing you would just turn on the set 3 filter turn on the show all filter and read everything once the set launched.

No Way! I had no idea! ..... J/K - I meant filter / not "search" specifically
If the set is not spoiled in anyway prior to launch, that would come as a pretty big shock. They tend to Hype Train it up at least 2 weeks before release.

plaguedealer
04-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Getting into the hype train and looking at spoilers is half the fun of playing games.

theghost32
04-20-2015, 11:34 AM
actually i was saying this to my guild mates the other day that thwy might release a set with out spoilers this time but we have been getting tons of art spoiled is not like things arent getting spoiled

Zophie
04-20-2015, 11:49 AM
I loved new set release draft tourneys for WoWTCG where no one had any idea what the cards were beforehand, each pack was a total surprise and you only really get to have that experience once per set. I'd like in the future for there to be release events in Hex like this. I know everyone is excited and wants spoilers but we don't really need them and being surprised can be just as fun imo.

Fateanomaly
04-21-2015, 02:32 AM
But i don't like surprises. I prefer to see spoilers instead.

Voormas
04-21-2015, 03:33 AM
We've seen a LOT of art spoilers but man I wanna know what Prophecy / Shift / Allegiance do!

Cernz
04-21-2015, 04:14 AM
It doesn't make me feel good, but when I am sure... Trust me when I say I can't wait either, but I am realistic. I live in hope that every Friday update is the one that gives us the date, but so far no luck. :p

I am hoping it is this week, because my b'day is tomorrow, and last year at this time beta was just about to launch, so a set 3 date a year later would be amazing. ;)

happy bday xena =)

Xenavire
04-21-2015, 04:15 AM
happy bday xena =)

vulture27
04-21-2015, 04:30 AM
I was thinking about the set 3 races and had the following observation.

Block 1 (Set 1 + 2)
Ruby: Dwarves - Humans - Orcs
Diamond: Humans
Sapphire: Dwarves - Humans
Wild: Shin’hare
Blood: Shin’hare - Orcs

Not very balanced in terms of number of races in each shard.

Block 2 (Set 3 + 4) Easily Confirmable
Ruby: ?
Diamond: Coyotle - Necrotic
Sapphire: Vennen - Coyotle
Wild: Elves - Coyotle
Blood: Vennen - Necrotic

Lots of Coyotle already exist spread across these three shards and there is a Coyotle fight in the arena that reflects this. There are a lot of Elves that already exist, they are all Wild, and (thanks to Tolkien) Elves will always be the forest dwellers in any fantasy game/book/movie/etc. We already have a Vennen “lord” in Xartaxis which clearly points to Blood / Sapphire, and everything in the arena reflects this shard combination.

The only real question is about the Necrotic. Currently they exist in four shards. Primarily Blood / Diamond with one Sapphire card and two Ruby. They also interestingly have the only “all 5 shards matter” cards - Midnight Shepherd, Lixil, and to a lesser extent Forgotten Monarch (the base cost of 5 clearly not being an accident). Because Ruby is otherwise completely open, we can say with certainty that it will be the Necrotic filling this shard in Block 2 limited.

Block 1 + 2
Ruby: Dwarves - Humans - Orcs - Necrotic
Diamond: Humans - Coyotle - Necrotic
Sapphire: Dwarves - Humans - Vennen - Coyotle - Maybe Necrotic
Wild: Shin’hare - Elves - Coyotle - Maybe Necrotic
Blood: Shin’hare - Orcs - Vennen - Necrotic

HexEnt could push a 5 shard Necrotic deck, but it will take a lot of threshold fixing. It seems odd that they would print duel shards in set 2 and then immediately consider trumping them with better duel shards in set 3 to support this. They could back down and just leave the Necrotic in Blood / Diamond / Ruby. Either way, there are going to be at least two tribes pushing 3 shards in limited, so expect a lot more cards like Royal Herald. Those 5 shards matter cards could also see a bit of a bump in playability and price.

Edit: Could also be cool to see something like this to buff the existing duel shards -
1 diamond threshold, 2 cost, 1/2 Necrotic Mage troop, ability: When you play a shard, if you would gain 0/1 gain 1/1 instead.

- Angmar

zadies
04-21-2015, 09:21 PM
Edit: Could also be cool to see something like this to buff the existing duel shards -
1 diamond threshold, 2 cost, 1/2 Necrotic Mage troop, ability: When you play a shard, if you would gain 0/1 gain 1/1 instead.

I see something like this or troop fixers like royal herald and such as opposed to more dual shards.

We've seen a LOT of art spoilers but man I wanna know what Prophecy / Shift / Allegiance do!

Knowing the names of the new keywords is a spoiler in and of itself.

Sparrow
04-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Is it confirmed there will be two blocks per set as vulture says? I don't keep up on that kind of stuff, but would be interested to know since it was mentioned here.

poizonous
04-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Is it confirmed there will be two blocks per set as vulture says? I don't keep up on that kind of stuff, but would be interested to know since it was mentioned here.

Only the 1st 2 blocks, then they were supposed to switch over to 3 set blocks last we had heard

Sparrow
04-21-2015, 10:43 PM
Okay, interesting, thanks poisonous. So, I'm assuming sealed will also be 333333.

Edit: Also I'm assuming the reasoning for this must be, in part (or whole), financial?

zadies
04-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Yes and draft was confirmed to be 3-3-3

Parzival
04-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Not necessarily Sparrow, from what I remember Set 1 and 2 would set the stage. Set 3 would be the beginning of the block and with the aid of dungeons start the storyline. Cory mentioned they had several years worth of story to explore.

Of course it doesn't harm CZE to start from fresh with set 3 packs ;)

Khendral
04-22-2015, 01:59 AM
There are a lot of Elves that already exist, they are all Wild, and (thanks to Tolkien) Elves will always be the forest dwellers in any fantasy game/book/movie/etc.

Pretty sure Shakespeare could get some credit. We even have Oberon, Titania and Puck (also known as Robin Goodfellow, wonder why his piece of equipment is Ring of the Goodfellow ;)) (A Midsummer Night's Dream)

Erukk
04-22-2015, 02:18 AM
Pretty sure Shakespeare could get some credit. We even have Oberon, Titania and Puck (also known as Robin Goodfellow, wonder why his piece of equipment is Ring of the Goodfellow ;)) (A Midsummer Night's Dream)

I'm not sure if Oberon or Titania could be considered elves in Hex though, since they're Primals. It would be like comparing an everyday ancient Greek citizen (or nymph if we wanted a more accurate elfish comparison) to Zeus. They might share the same features, and Zeus might "rule" over them, but Zeus is still very much above and beyond them all in every aspect.

Sparrow
04-22-2015, 02:26 AM
Except Zeus isn't real, but elves are.

Khendral
04-22-2015, 03:52 AM
I'm not sure if Oberon or Titania could be considered elves in Hex though, since they're Primals. It would be like comparing an everyday ancient Greek citizen (or nymph if we wanted a more accurate elfish comparison) to Zeus. They might share the same features, and Zeus might "rule" over them, but Zeus is still very much above and beyond them all in every aspect.

well, for Shakespeare they're faeries rather than elves, but they're loosely the same. With the Oberon and Titania part I meant that Hex elves seem to be strongly inspired by Shakespeare, rather than Tolkien.

ossuary
04-22-2015, 04:58 AM
If we shadows have offended... :)