PDA

View Full Version : Chests?

spankydonkey
04-20-2015, 02:46 AM
Whats going to be in them?

1: Equipment?
2: AA cards?
3: Crafting items? (what ever these are going to be for)
4: Gold?
5: Sleeves? (I know not tradable)
6: Anything else?

Some people have been collecting these for coming up to a year now, & have a lot of set, 1 & 2, just sitting there waiting to be opened. (if they are not going to be openable before set 3 release, you can add them as well)

When that day comes, there will be hundreds of thousands opened day one.

Flooding the AH market with anything tradable, making these items almost worthless.
See what happened to the Arena items, not worth zip, no one wants them, the market is completely saturated.
But at least that took 3-4 weeks, this will be day one.

There needs to be some chase items, with very low drop rates.
Unlike the Arena where legendary equipment & cards, where just given away like confetti, making them worthless.
Also make the chase equipment for common cards, that every one has/uses.
Working two fold, equipment item & the card are then going to be sort after.

One last thing, primal chests, considering how hard/much gold it costs to get these things, there really needs to be something very special in them.

Anyway thanks for reading, any comments very welcome.

poizonous
04-20-2015, 02:55 AM
Equipment, AA Cards (1 for each rarity in the set), Sleeves, Mercenaries (I believe), possibly more packs (would be cool)

Salverus
04-20-2015, 03:28 AM
for the arena equipments the prices were high right after the release and that after that kept steadily dropping to a neglegible value now.
I expect the exact opposite for chests, upon launch their contents have neglegible value since there is so many of them, but over time their price will increase.

Tinfoil
04-20-2015, 03:37 AM
Right now, there is not enough game content to make the chest content useful. The chests should mostly have PvE stuff and there is still so little PvE. I think it will be a while before chests can be opened. The best way, I think, to do it would be to introduce PvE content where the content of the chests would be absolutely necessary.

poizonous
04-20-2015, 03:41 AM
Here is another aspect of it to think about.

I dont have an exact number so I will use 1 million for this example.

1 million set 1 packs 20,000 primal packs (Basing off the 2% chance of proccing one)

Assuming most common chest rolls failed I would estimate about 400,000 chests are common
Uncommon Chests 250,000
Rare Chests 200,000
Legendary Chests 125,000
Primals Possible 45,000 (Sounds a bit high to me)

Now with these numbers you have to adjust for the loot table, so while there might be an abundance of chests, the loot inside could be many, so i dont see prices being too low on the chase items

poizonous
04-20-2015, 03:43 AM
Right now, there is not enough game content to make the chest content useful. The chests should mostly have PvE stuff and there is still so little PvE. I think it will be a while before chests can be opened. The best way, I think, to do it would be to introduce PvE content where the content of the chests would be absolutely necessary.

Why do you assume The Chests bought from PvP packs would have mostly PvE stuff, when we already know 90-100% of whats in the chests

DoctorJoe
04-20-2015, 04:43 AM
I think I remember reading that there will be three different loot tables. Common + Uncommon, Rare + Legendary, and Primal. Theoretically, that means the higher rarity stuff should be more chase-y. Who knows if this will be changed before implementation or not.

Lukezors
04-20-2015, 04:55 AM
I'd assume the only thing holding up chests would be new equipment.

Tinfoil
04-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Why do you assume The Chests bought from PvP packs would have mostly PvE stuff, when we already know 90-100% of whats in the chests

Gold, Mercenaries, equipment, sleeves, AA cards. All this is either PvE or bling. No significant PvP stuff. That was what was behind my reasoning.

Zophie
04-20-2015, 08:52 AM
If the chests are supposed to incentivize PVP players to roll them (and interact with the PVE players by selling stuff for gold needed to spin them), wouldn't it be logical that the chests will primarily have PVP rewards in them? Just a thought, I could be wrong, they really haven't told us much.

israel.kendall
04-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Gold, Mercenaries, equipment, sleeves, AA cards. All this is either PvE or bling. No significant PvP stuff. That was what was behind my reasoning.

AA cards = $$$ = PvP stuff

the_artic_one
04-20-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm pretty sure packs and tournament tickets were mentioned as possible chest contents at some point.

ossuary
04-20-2015, 09:17 AM
I think I remember reading that there will be three different loot tables. Common + Uncommon, Rare + Legendary, and Primal. Theoretically, that means the higher rarity stuff should be more chase-y. Who knows if this will be changed before implementation or not.

Actually, that was in reference to number of items dropped, not loot tables. At the time, Cory had said that commons and uncommons would have 1 item each, rares and legendaries 2 items each, and primals would be the only chests to have 3 items. It was also stated at some point that higher level chests would have higher chances for rarer items, as well as some exclusives higher up.

However, as with all things pre-release in Hex, it's all subject to change. That's just info we were given at some point, they could have changed their mind or updated the development in a different direction 50 times since then. ;)

Saeijou
04-20-2015, 10:28 AM
will there be different stuff in the chest, if it is rolled or not?

poizonous
04-20-2015, 10:34 AM
will there be different stuff in the chest, if it is rolled or not?

No, Wheels of Fate rewards are entirely not linked to the Chest content, besides the potential change of chest rarity

DoctorJoe
04-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Actually, that was in reference to number of items dropped, not loot tables. At the time, Cory had said that commons and uncommons would have 1 item each, rares and legendaries 2 items each, and primals would be the only chests to have 3 items. It was also stated at some point that higher level chests would have higher chances for rarer items, as well as some exclusives higher up.

However, as with all things pre-release in Hex, it's all subject to change. That's just info we were given at some point, they could have changed their mind or updated the development in a different direction 50 times since then. ;)

Nobody likes it when you start a sentence with "Actually."

If higher level chests have higher chances for rarer items as well as exclusives, how is that not a different loot table?

Scammanator
04-21-2015, 05:27 AM

If higher level chests have higher chances for rarer items as well as exclusives, how is that not a different loot table?

Ossuary was simply correcting your misperception that, for instance, rare and legendary chests would share the same loot table.

DoctorJoe
04-21-2015, 05:44 AM
Scammanator and Ossuary would share the same loot table! Burn!

szimek
04-21-2015, 06:12 AM
I think gold was mentioned somewhere around Kickstarter to be one of the loots from chests. But dunno if that changed or not.

Scammanator
04-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Scammanator and Ossuary would share the same loot table! Burn!

For a response, I tried to find an image of two people eating a meal at a kitchen table with a huge pile of treasure as a centerpiece.

Alas, Google has failed me. :(

vickrpg
04-22-2015, 10:56 AM

Actually many people don't mind. Some People don't like it. Some People do.
=)

Gwaer
04-22-2015, 11:58 AM

Actually many people don't mind. Some People don't like it. Some People do.
=)

Actually, you're both wrong.

nicosharp
04-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Actually, you're both wrong.
Actually, Unfortunately, you are probably, most-likely, admittedly, correct.

Zophie
04-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Actually, Unfortunately, you are probably, most-likely, admittedly, correct.

Actually, Gwaer is right.

ossuary
04-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Actually, Love Actually is a bad movie. There, I said it.

Blare731
04-22-2015, 01:38 PM
This thread is about to be closed, my Kami sense is tingling.

Lafoote
04-22-2015, 02:39 PM
The Hex chests are starting to remind me of Emma Watson's pants. They look great, but I'm just never going to see what's inside.

Zophie
04-22-2015, 02:43 PM
The Hex chests are starting to remind me of Emma Watson's pants. They look great, but I'm just never going to see what's inside.

Good things come to those who wait! ;)

DoctorJoe
04-23-2015, 04:31 AM
RE: Actually - if I ever win the lottery, all of your English teachers are getting a good slap, or at the very least a stern talking-to!

AdamAoE2
04-23-2015, 06:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AyYUJUBTg

Legendary and Primal chests need something similar to this, or I will be sad.

Saeijou
04-23-2015, 10:05 AM

They need Link? :D

incitfulmonk21
04-23-2015, 10:16 AM

I never thought about it but an unlock a one run dungeon with super cool rewards would be amazing. I fear one day I will log into hex and there will be so much stuff to do I will forget it is a Card game.

Selanius
04-23-2015, 11:45 AM
They have mentioned in the past that chests of lower rarity will have a smaller chance of proccing "good" rewards than more rare chests. So your Set 001 common chest might have a .001% chance of creating AA Mastery of Time but your Primal Chest might have a 50% chance. Technically they "share a loot table", but in practicality Primal Chests have a different table.

To make it worth spinning the higher level chests I hope Legendary and Primal chests have really good loot in them.

spankydonkey
04-23-2015, 12:13 PM
As it's a year tomorrow from the start of Beta, a whole year of looking & not touching.
It would be nice if someone in the know could maybe tell us what's defiantly going to be in them & maybe when we are going to be able to open them?
It's been very quiet on the updates of late.

DoctorJoe
04-24-2015, 06:16 AM
I'm betting the "all's quiet on the update front" is a direct result of backlash for not meeting the target dates from previous updates. You can't be late if you never give a timeline. You won't mislead people if you never discuss a feature that turns out to be impractical to implement.

Personally, I prefer the "we want to do this cool thing!" "whoops! We can't do that thing, so we're doing this other thing" approach, but I can see the merits of both strategies. I assume CZE will continue to check and adjust their communication strategy.

I wonder what the traffic will look like on the day chest opening is implemented. Will we crash the server? Chestageddon?

Lafoote
04-24-2015, 07:25 AM
I'm betting the "all's quiet on the update front" is a direct result of backlash for not meeting the target dates from previous updates. You can't be late if you never give a timeline. You won't mislead people if you never discuss a feature that turns out to be impractical to implement.

Personally, I prefer the "we want to do this cool thing!" "whoops! We can't do that thing, so we're doing this other thing" approach, but I can see the merits of both strategies. I assume CZE will continue to check and adjust their communication strategy.

I wonder what the traffic will look like on the day chest opening is implemented. Will we crash the server? Chestageddon?

I think the price of gold will have a record breaking peak that will stand the test of time. Many, like myself, just aren't motivated to spin since they can't open. So many others are holding off on rolls until they see what's up. Gold will likely peak and trough each time a new set launches, but never again will there be this kind of backlog in chests sitting around begging to be rolled.

vulture27
04-24-2015, 08:17 AM

The only concern I have is that the function to open multiple chests at once is working on day one.

hex_colin
04-24-2015, 08:20 AM
The only concern I have is that the function to open multiple chests at once is working on day one.

In groups of 100! ;)

LeMazing
04-24-2015, 08:28 AM

In groups of 100! ;)

You crazy people. I want to spend a solid hour opening individual chests and marveling at their loot. It's been a long wait, and I plan to savor it. :p

Xenavire
04-24-2015, 08:28 AM
In groups of 100! ;)

Seeing how sluggish opening 10 packs can be at times, I think 100 chests would crash the client, or at least make it hang for a few minutes. :p

Although, I guess packs have more unique items than a chest, so it may even out. I mean, I doubt anyone will open 100 legendary chests at once (or at least, not enough people to matter in the long run) and anything lower than legendary should only generate 200 items, or 100 (as far as we know).

And I don't think anyone even has 100 primal chests right now.

hammer
04-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Seeing how sluggish opening 10 packs can be at times, I think 100 chests would crash the client, or at least make it hang for a few minutes. :p

Although, I guess packs have more unique items than a chest, so it may even out. I mean, I doubt anyone will open 100 legendary chests at once (or at least, not enough people to matter in the long run) and anything lower than legendary should only generate 200 items, or 100 (as far as we know).

I have multiple groups of 100 legendary to open though but not even close to 100 Primals, that would be very impressive to reach and fairly hard to achieve I would imagine due to the volume of gold required.

Zophie
04-24-2015, 09:01 AM

INB4 Colin makes not-so-subtle comment regarding number of Primal Chests he has ;)

(seriously though, I'm kind of curious to know now lol)

Hatts
04-24-2015, 09:24 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Colin does.

hammer
04-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Would require 12million gold I think to get 100 primals its certainly doable but a big investment with limited info on contents / return

ossuary
04-24-2015, 09:33 AM
You crazy people. I want to spend a solid hour opening individual chests and marveling at their loot. It's been a long wait, and I plan to savor it. :p

I'm with you. I'll be opening them all (hundreds of them!) one at a time, savoring every single one. And also noting all contents so we can start a community contents tracking / drop rate calculation thread, of course. :D

Xenavire
04-24-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm with you. I'll be opening them all (hundreds of them!) one at a time, savoring every single one. And also noting all contents so we can start a community contents tracking / drop rate calculation thread, of course. :D

I should probably attempt to participate, since I have more than enough to help with... I'll see. :p

Laziness may win the day.

poizonous
04-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Would require 12million gold I think to get 100 primals its certainly doable but a big investment with limited info on contents / return

Not necessarily. You do have double upgrades from Rares, which are much more common than single upgrades from legendaries

hex_colin
04-24-2015, 02:58 PM
INB4 Colin makes not-so-subtle comment regarding number of Primal Chests he has ;)

(seriously though, I'm kind of curious to know now lol)

I considered it... ;) I've leave you all to speculate. I will say that I certainly have the Gold and chests to easily pull it off. :)

ossuary
04-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Not necessarily. You do have double upgrades from Rares, which are much more common than single upgrades from legendaries

Not more common... just less expensive. ;)

poizonous
04-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Oss, I was talking about the ability to get 3 symbols of the double upgrade symbol... Hearts is it? I get them plenty more than i do get single upgrades

YourOpponent
04-24-2015, 09:30 PM
For a response, I tried to find an image of two people eating a meal at a kitchen table with a huge pile of treasure as a centerpiece.

Alas, Google has failed me. :(

For the record those aren't pancakes and bacon...it's gold and Hex shards!

Gwaer
04-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Bacon is made of hex shards? No wonder I like bacon so much.

Zophie
04-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Bacon is made of hex shards? No wonder I like bacon so much.

No wonder I like hex shards so much!

ossuary
04-25-2015, 05:20 AM
Oss, I was talking about the ability to get 3 symbols of the double upgrade symbol... Hearts is it? I get them plenty more than i do get single upgrades

Then you're lucky. Don't mistake personal results for global results. We (the community) tracked thousands of spins across a few dozen users back when the Wheels first came out. It wasn't nearly enough data to be definitive about the chances of each spin result, but it certainly gave us a good idea to work off of.

Hell, even if you think about it logically, why would a double upgrade be more common than a single upgrade? That's just silly. Even aside from the fact that there are two separate spin results that give you a single upgrade. :p

Sparrow
04-25-2015, 06:05 AM
Then you're lucky. Don't mistake personal results for global results. We (the community) tracked thousands of spins across a few dozen users back when the Wheels first came out. It wasn't nearly enough data to be definitive about the chances of each spin result, but it certainly gave us a good idea to work off of.

ossuary, do you have a link to that? I'd like to compare my results.

vulture27
04-25-2015, 08:56 AM

I have 1469 chest at the moment. Lets assume it only takes 5 seconds to move one over kismet, watch the opening animation, and click the take button (I think this is being extremely generous).

1469 * 5 / 60 = 123 minutes - If I wanted to spend over two hours mindlessly clicking one button I would play farmville.

And obviously there are people like Colin who already have far more chests than I do.

ossuary
04-25-2015, 10:02 AM
ossuary, do you have a link to that? I'd like to compare my results.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34986

Sparrow
04-25-2015, 10:15 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=34986
Thank you! I probably jinxed myself just by looking at it.

Vorpal
04-27-2015, 09:31 AM
I have 1469 chest at the moment. Lets assume it only takes 5 seconds to move one over kismet, watch the opening animation, and click the take button (I think this is being extremely generous).

1469 * 5 / 60 = 123 minutes - If I wanted to spend over two hours mindlessly clicking one button I would play farmville.

And obviously there are people like Colin who already have far more chests than I do.

I'll be opening all my chests individually, carefully tracking the results (like I already do with chest rolls) while enjoying a drink watching something on hulu or netflix.

It honestly sounds like a really fun day to me, can't wait for chest opening :) It will be like christmas!

EntropyBall
04-27-2015, 10:06 AM
If people are tracking their chest rolls, and have a decent sample size, please consider adding them to thread Oss linked. There is still not remotely enough data to get estimates of the rarer rolls.

spankydonkey
04-27-2015, 11:43 AM
I'll be opening all my chests individually, carefully tracking the results (like I already do with chest rolls) while enjoying a drink watching something on hulu or netflix.

It honestly sounds like a really fun day to me, can't wait for chest opening :) It will be like christmas!

But we know went Christmas is, not so much chest opening?

Selanius
04-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Recent interview by Cory had some concrete chest information in it:

Contents:
Sleeves
Mercenaries
Equipment
PvE Cards
PvP Cards (Alt Art)
Packs of Cards (Sounded rare compared to others)

We also found out that the rarity of the chest determines a loot table. While there is SOME overlap between adjacent rarities of chests there are some items that can only be obtained by high rarity chests (Some Primal only loot).

elfstone
04-28-2015, 09:42 PM
Like for instance Vampire King Sleeves in set 1 primals (WANT)