PDA

View Full Version : How to unlock the other factions?

Trynyty
04-21-2015, 04:22 PM
I started with humans, but they are so hum-hum. How do I unlock more without starting a new account?

Zophie
04-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Here's a link with lists of all the Starter Deck contents:

https://hextcg.com/starter-decks/

You just need to collect all the cards on each list and you can then play their Starter Trials. You can either buy the Starter Decks from the shop or buy the cards needed from the AH. You'll probably be able to get the individual cards for cheaper if you go through the AH.

nicosharp
04-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Grind arena for gold, and buy cards on the AH. (look up the decklists)
Find people to trade with. (look up the decklists)
Borrow cards for the other deck starter trials. (look up the decklists)
Buy cards from the auction house with plat to make the other decks (look up the decklists)
Buy a starter deck for $10 (but I'd recommend all the above first)

Blare731
04-21-2015, 04:32 PM
Let me know which one you want the most? I'll see, but I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of extras for most of those cards if you want them. I completely understand if you want to try and farm for them yourself as well.

Yoss
04-21-2015, 06:07 PM
It's too bad the Tutorial doesn't let you play a game with each of the 4 decks before you choose which to lock yourself into. The "game" could even be scripted so it's always the same and shows off exactly what the deck is intended to do.

Trynyty
04-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Blare, I just started yesterday, so I pretty much need all the basics. I'll look em up.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Feel free to add me to your friends in the game. I'm DofaDofaLand.

Zophie
04-21-2015, 06:13 PM
It's too bad the Tutorial doesn't let you play a game with each of the 4 decks before you choose which to lock yourself into. The "game" could even be scripted so it's always the same and shows off exactly what the deck is intended to do.

Agreed, they could let you pick one race's tutorial that sounds interesting to start with, and before you can do anything else there would be another prompt where you lock in your choice of deck to keep beyond the tutorials. You could replay the tutorial as many times as you want before that with any decks but once you "lock in" you keep what you have. You could also choose to skip the tutorial of course, but you'd have to lock in to do that.