PDA

View Full Version : Proving grounds seem dead

wasichu
04-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Every day I go to lunch and like to play test decks in matches on proving grounds, Since arena launch I am only getting 1 to 2 matches for my hour break. This sux as proving grounds is 80% of why I play hex. I knew it would be dead when arena first came out but now the newness is worn down and you would think proving grounds would pick up. Did we loose alot of players?

ForgedSol
04-23-2015, 09:04 PM
I only started playing when Arena came out. And while I've finally gotten my perfect run, I'm still trying to catch Uruunaz. But since that's so random, what I'm focusing on while I'm waiting for him to show up is to gather up enough gold to buy playsets of the AA in the store. And spin all my chests, but I'm guessing a lot of people have already done that part.

But until I'm done with all of that, it's going to be mostly Arena runs for me to get the gold, and then an occasional draft here or there when I have time to do more than rare draft.

Yuhan
04-23-2015, 11:16 PM
There needs to be an incentive.

Most players, especially TCG players, are very economical. If there is nothing to gain, like ELO/rating or goodies then it won't be very popular. Especially since Arena sort off replaced proving grounds for a lot of people(while also providing gold/stuff).

poizonous
04-24-2015, 02:02 AM
As mentioned in the other thread (On Page 1) MtGO has their version of "Proving Grounds" and it is fairly popular while rewarding nothing. I suspect that getting 2/3 in Proving Grounds should spark a bit more action into it, but currently Proving Grounds is simply for friends to play against each other, just make some friends and you should always be able to get into a game. "Random" Opponent just isnt going to attract many people until ranked

Zophie
04-24-2015, 02:23 AM
How about this: Put a new Random Opponent queue button on the front page of the game client next to the Frost Ring Arena button, then attach a 50 gold ante for each player, winner gets 100 gold, loser gets nothing. That should make things a bit more interesting while we wait for a ladder system.

bootlace
04-24-2015, 03:42 AM
Proving grounds will pick up when the 100k tourney and its qualifiers kick off and people want to practice their decks. They'll likely need to make a queue for tournament practice though because playing against starter decks is a huge waste of time for such people.