PDA

View Full Version : State of the Hextechs Addressed

MythicFishmom
04-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Dear Entrath,
We would first like to thank the community and the wonderful team at CZE for all of the continued support over the past year plus. It has been a long, but extremely fun experience to help shape what is one of the best game communities we have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. As many of you know, over the past few months we have had continuing problems with our website, and it recently has been taken down. During this time, we have taken a hard look at what we do, all of our current real life situations, and how to proceed. With many of us working full time jobs or being full time students it has become ever more difficult to commit fully to both real life circumstances and running our website and events. Although we cherish this community and the extremely hard work of CZE, we have decided to put things into perspective and concentrate on what truly matters; education, family, and work. With the continued effort of fiveshards.com and new and upcoming streamers there should be an abundance of community events for everyone to attend. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but unfortunately it's the only one that makes sense for all involved. As the final act of the Hextechs Open Series, we have decided the most fair course of action is to pay out the top 16 competitors as though the invitational has already concluded. We deeply apologize for anyone that was currently on the “bubble” of making the invitational. Please bare in mind, this whole situation pains us as a group to have had to come to this, but it is the most logical course of action. It is hard to put into words how much this time, and this community has meant to us. We wish you all well, and will see you soon in Entrath.

Forever Grateful,
The Hextechs

The Hextechs Open Series Final Payouts

1st Place: future (15,000 plat)
2nd Place: Enyma (7,500 plat)
3rd Place: Fridged (3,000 plat)
4th Place: Pheelon (3,000 plat)
5th Place: dameneon (1,500 plat)
6th Place: Khendral (1,500 plat)
7th Place: Nevtida (1,500 plat)
8th Place: Karatevater (1,500 plat)
9th Place: Pentachills (500 plat)
10th Place: Elademri (500 plat)
11th Place: Hapson (500 plat)
12th Place: juzamjedi (500 plat)
13th Place: Funktion (500 plat)
14th Place: Shinshire (500 plat)
15th Place: Kaldheim (500 plat)
16th Place: smallfri (500 plat)
17th Place (tied for 16th): Nyasha (500 plat)

Cernz
04-25-2015, 01:39 PM
mfmPonyPump

THX for all so far :)

juzamjedi
04-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Sorry to see you guys giving up on the site. This is a nice farewell note and also a very classy move of you guys to pay out to the top ranked people in the series so far. Hopefully we will see more of you guys in the future if your schedules permit. I really enjoyed playing in your tournaments and I hope some other group(s) will come out to sponsor community run events.

Pheelon
04-25-2015, 02:09 PM
sad to see you go - but thx for the plat anyway :)

Piecetinker
04-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, is there an error with your points? I don't seem to be in the top 16 spot. Can you please recheck. I had placed 9th, 3rd or 4th, in two of the tournaments.

PentaChills
04-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Didn't Piecetinker place 9th and 4th in the two tournaments?
Or am I thinking of the non-invitational ones?

[Edit] I was Sniper of Gawainned.

phoenixforgehex
04-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Yep, I screwed up. I'm so sorry....Piecetinker should be tied for 9th. I'll send him his winnings. The spreadsheet makes my head hurt, lol. Again, sorry for the screw up.

Zubrin
04-25-2015, 02:54 PM
This a tremendous loss for the community and I am saddened by the news. I echo the other comments that you guys are exiting in a very admirable way in regards to the tournament series and I know this is coming straight out of your pockets. I hope all of you stay in Hex and find your niche in the community that meshes with your busy schedules.

Hextechs was the only competitive community tournament that I could play in and I hope another group fills your noticeable absence as a group.

NoahBuddy
04-25-2015, 03:14 PM
i have never played in your tournies but i enjoyed your website. thanks for your efforts. good lookin out

MythicFishmom
04-25-2015, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys, it's sad to let it go but it's what needed to be done. Glad there aren't any bad feelings on having to end the series the way we did. It was a tough decision to come to but all in all we tried to do what was best for ourselves and the community. I love you all and look forward to seeing you in game soon

bootlace
04-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks for all you did for the community, sucks to see you guys go :( Hope we'll see you all back in the future in some form.

Tinfoil
04-26-2015, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, I am also saddened to see you go, but it makes completely sense and I am glad that you decide to focus on the most important things in your life. I couldnt make the Hextechs tournament but I really loved the videos and many of the articles that you guys did. Especially the videos are an awesome example of how to make quality content. Seeing good players test out different deck concepts and how they match up is really valuable. Thanks a lot for all the effort. gg and wp :)

NOBLEStarshield
04-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks to everyone that was involved and you will be missed <3

havocattack
04-26-2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks to everyone that was involved and you will be missed <3

<3