PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about: Two currencies

Ream
04-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Because my first “What do you think about: Login Rewards (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42804)” is a great discussion right now, I have a second topic to discuss and are been interested what do you think about it.

Right now I compare the “Two currencies”-system of HEX with some other games. I have no problem to invest money in a game, for bonuses, cosmetics or something else, but I don’t like these systems you can get one currencies only for real money and this currencies is essentially important to progress and “evolve”. Of course you can buy cards and equip for gold or get it from the arena and sell it for platinum, but the platinum to buy this card does not come from nothing, someone bought platinum to buy this card.

I prefer the system of “you can find/get all currencies” and to buy it is simply the fastest way to get it. Some cards cost 700 platinum and more, that’s 5€ for one card. Ok the prize of some real cards of TCG’s are more expensive but you didn’t lose money after you sell it, but this is a not the topic maybe for the next.

So I don’t know what coming after the beta but I hope there will be a function where you can get platinum for invest you time or do some quests.

For example like this:

Clear a Dungeon (I think they will add difficult levels) on Hard: 5 platinum

Perfect run in arena (all tier’s perfect): 5 or 10 platinum as bonus rewards, but I don’t know how difficult is an all tiers perfect run, maybe 10 platinum is not enough?

Some Mid and Endgame quest’s you can’t replay

Maybe an exchange gold <> platinum, player can sell gold or platinum to get the other currency and the prize is based on supply and demand. So it’s like a stock market.

The effect is same like the login rewards (daily, weekly, whatever), the players get some platinum, enough to buy some common cards or save it for better cards or booster and the players where that takes too long can buy platinum.

What is your opinion about this? A game lives from his players, if new players can’t see any progress they will leave the game and actually the game is not new player friendly.
And the free platinum system for personal data, no comment…

koisoujiro
04-27-2015, 06:03 AM
I know the other posters will just say no for various reasons... I'll just wait for them.

Xenavire
04-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Yeah, koisoujiro is correct. A definite no from me. Plat is essentially real money, and giving any away for free, ever, is a bad idea.

Salverus
04-27-2015, 06:08 AM
it is easy to exchange gold for platinum, so i see no reason to add 5 platinum as a reward instead of 500 gold as a reward which they currently already do.

ossuary
04-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Having the game reward "real" currency directly imposes a static, unchangeable value on everything. As such, it's a terrible idea. By having two separate currencies, the playerbase as a whole is able to dictate what their time and their money are worth in relation to each other. This is a much smarter system.

People coming in thinking of Hex like a F2P mobile game are approaching it from entirely the wrong mindset, and cannot help but be disappointed if they are unable to adjust their thinking. Hex is a TCG, first and foremost. That means that cards cost money. You cannot expect to get around that fact. People who pay money for their cards will ALWAYS have an easier time building up a collection than people who follow the F2P path. That's simply how it has to work for the cards to hold any real value (a staple of TCGs, and a major part of the appeal for certain types of players). If you trivialize the acquirement of PVP cards, collections are worthless and there's little point to ever paying CZE money to get those cards... the profits dry up, people stop playing, the game dies.

Mobile games live and die in cycles, grabbing cash quickly and fading away into obscurity as the next new hot thing grabs peoples' attention. Hex is not designed to be a fly by night cash grab, it's an actual TCG that intends to be around for a LONG time. To do that, it needs a healthy economy, with a clear delineation between free content and paid tournaments. There will always be some crossover possible, because players with money will sometimes value their time more than that money, and will pay other players for the convenience of not having to grind content themselves. And a very small percentage of players will be able to gain access to most or all of the content without ever paying a dime. But that should NOT be the expectation going in - most players who do not put in any money will only be able to gain access to the free side of the game, and occasional toe-dipping into the AH to buy specific cards, or do the occasional tournament for free based on selling their better PVE items. And that's how it should be.

plaguedealer
04-27-2015, 06:30 AM
If you could get plat in dungeons, you are just begging people to try to make a bot. Grinding for 5 plat does not seem like fun to me and the game would fail if that is the main way to get value from pve.

Tazelbain
04-27-2015, 07:45 AM
I definitely think there are not enough currencies. Primals should definitely be on currency instead a random ~2%. Free drafts should be in a currency instead so it can be used for any tournaments not just draft. There should another currency in PvP loot chests to buy ultra chase PvE legandaries(Hogarth!). There should a currency that's drops on winning 8-man or largers events to get PvP sleeves and vip tokens.

vylqun
04-27-2015, 07:57 AM
definitely a no, if a player wants plat he can sell his gold for that.

Perfect run in arena (all tier’s perfect): 5 or 10 platinum as bonus rewards, but I don’t know how difficult is an all tiers perfect run, maybe 10 platinum is not enough?

perfecting the current arena is pretty easy if u dont have some bad luck, and i wouldnt want to gain plat there anyways, the gold you win in a perfect arena can be traded for roughly 30-40p, its a good price for 1h of playtime.

strylght
04-27-2015, 08:02 AM
I prefer the system of “you can find/get all currencies” and to buy it is simply the fastest way to get it.

As others have said, Hex is not intended to be an entirely F2P game and it doesn't matter what you would prefer.

Also, I don't really see why you need both currencies grindable, you can exchange them through various methods. It seems to me that what you are really asking for is MORE currency for your grind, not a different one.

It is a shame that having a little bit of earnable currency in an online game these days makes everyone think "oooh, F2P, gimme gimme gimme" and then become disappointed when the game is not just another piece of trash money-grab that they can play for free for a few months and then drop for the next flavour of the month.

Turtlewing
04-27-2015, 08:05 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong conceptually with rewarding platinum for PvE content.

However it won't actually make cards less expensive. If anything it'll do the opposite as the value of platinum will actually be slightly less than the store cost to buy it if you can also grind for it (adding currency to circulation deflates the value of that currency and prices in that currency rise) since the price to buy platinum is fixed.

The primary driving force of card value right now, is demand (supply is unbounded on most cards). The cards that are most perceived as "good cards" run up huge prices because essentially everyone wants a play set. You won't be able to lower those prices by manipulating the currencies used for the exchange.

The only reason to add more currencies is if you want to add a special kind of time gaited progression that players can buy their way to the end of (like the AA's for gold in the store).

Kami
04-27-2015, 08:16 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong conceptually with rewarding platinum for PvE content.

There is quite a bit that's wrong with rewarding platinum for PvE content.

1. Platinum is never meant as a reward. It is finite in the game. The only sources of platinum come directly through Gameforge/Hex.
2. If you start rewarding platinum without payment, a source of income is essentially reduced - not to mention all the complications that arise beyond that (i.e. multi-account farming, etc).
3. Platinum is meant to be a stable value. If both platinum and gold are in flux, how are you to assess the worth of anything in the game?
4. Platinum == money. The second you start giving away platinum for nothing, you are literally giving away money. This has a huge impact on the economy regardless of whether it is obvious or not. (You want to see inflation? This is how you get inflation. It's like printing money.)
5. If you want to see how bad an idea this is, replace platinum with booster pack in this concept. The outcome is the same.

strylght
04-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Yeah, what Turtlewing and Kami said too. Also, having two currencies obtainable by different means creates demand for those two currencies. F2P grinders want to exchange their gold for plat because they want to enter tournaments and some things are cheaper in plat. People who buy plat may want to sell some for gold to buy things like AA cards, and things that may be cheaper in gold.
If you could grind for plat, those grinders would be less interested in selling their gold, people who don't want to grind would find it harder to get hold of AAs. This would not make people happy and I'm sure it would have some dodgy effects on the market beyond my current comprehension. Grinders being able to charge whatever they want in plat for AAs because they have a monopoly on gold sounds like a scary prospect.

Disclaimer: The above post is not particularly thought out, I am no economist.

EDIT: Also, about the plat for surveys and stuff. Yeah that is dodgy and creates a bad impression and I wish it wasn't there but that is likely down to Gameforge and well, there are many thigns Gameforge do which I don't like.

Yoss
04-27-2015, 08:21 AM
There does not seem to be any argument in the OP for why anyone should like this idea. There are plenty of reasons why we shouldn't (see posts above).

Svenn
04-27-2015, 08:21 AM
Absolute, definite no for all the reasons already stated (specifically Kami and ossuary's posts).

Turtlewing
04-27-2015, 08:35 AM
There is quite a bit that's wrong with rewarding platinum for PvE content.

1. Platinum is never meant as a reward. It is finite in the game. The only sources of platinum come directly through Gameforge/Hex.
2. If you start rewarding platinum without payment, a source of income is essentially reduced - not to mention all the complications that arise beyond that (i.e. multi-account farming, etc).
3. Platinum is meant to be a stable value. If both platinum and gold are in flux, how are you to assess the worth of anything in the game?
4. Platinum == money. The second you start giving away platinum for nothing, you are literally giving away money. This has a huge impact on the economy regardless of whether it is obvious or not. (You want to see inflation? This is how you get inflation. It's like printing money.)
5. If you want to see how bad an idea this is, replace platinum with booster pack in this concept. The outcome is the same.

That could all be accounted for.

The intent, distribution, and specific valuation behind platinum is a design choice not something necessarily implied by economics or the intrinsic nature of a TCG.

That said CZE didn't juts pick those design choices out of the air. They have goals and people who's job it is to determine the best design choices to achieve those goals. And those people chose the current system.

So, don't misconstrue my claiming that this is something Hex can do as indicating I think it's something Hex should do.

TJTaylor
04-27-2015, 08:37 AM
To quote Cory Jones from a similar thread from months back: "HEX is not that kind of game."

When HEX was envisioned, it was with the intent that there would be the traditional "hardcore" TCG in a digital medium where cards had real value measured by a paid currency known as platinum. There would also be the F2P PvE game where players could earn a free currency known as gold which could be converted to plat through the player market so that F2Players could be introduced to the pay side of the game. (and hopefully convert to paid players) These two sides to HEX are stand alone games in their own right that happen to be able to intermingle. This is what is so great about it. If you like traditional TCGs, HEX is for you. IF you like F2P games, HEX is for you. You can participate in one, the other, or both. But in order for the TCG to actually remain as envisioned, let alone function, the currencies of both games (PvP and PvE) must remain separate entities. To allow free platinum to enter the system through PvE devalues that platinum which, in turn, impacts the worth of the cards in the PvP side of the game. This might not be a matter of concern to someone who comes from the F2P sphere but it matters greatly to the people who are coming to this game from the traditional TCG sphere where they are used to paying real money to support their hobby and have a vested interest in the value of their investment maintaining said value.

One might say, oh but it is such a little amount how could it possibly impact anything? Well, when you have tens of thousands of people grinding out all that free plat it adds up quickly even if, on the individual scale, the number seems to be negligible. There would be a lot of unpurchased currency in a very short amount of time. The more of something there is, the less that something is worth if demand for that something does not also relatively increase.

Gold is an excellent compromise. It allows F2P players, through effort, to obtain plat without paying for it but also without additional plat being introduced into the economy out of thin air. The amount of plat remains consistent with how much players have directly purchased, which is important to it maintaining its value. Furthermore, no matter how much gold enters the system, the market will naturally compensate by adjusting the going conversion rate between the two currencies appropriately. Again, this maintains value for the TCG side of the game where that is a real and valid concern of the customer.

TLDR: There is little reason to cannibalize the TCG by allowing the earning of plat through PvE when you can convert the gold currency of the PvE game to plat by using the player market but there are very good reasons to not do so which is why the creators of HEX designed it as they did.

Ream
04-27-2015, 08:49 AM
OK, One thing I would like to Clarify, I only place a stone to start the discussion and this is only my opinion. Of course that’s some players don’t want such system, but what brings the future? How many game go more in the direction “F2P friendly” 9 of 10 games, whatever system all have his pros and cons, but what’s the best for the players or more for the publisher and developer?

Sparrow
04-27-2015, 09:08 AM
I find humor in people that just scored 26 free drafts due to the extension complaining about giving out what is essentially a nickel for completing a dungeon on the hardest setting. I think someone calculated out that it's $200,000+ in free product. Then above that you've got probably close to the same amount in prizes entering the system when all is said and done. So, a $400,000 give away. Don't recall any of you arguing that you shouldn't receive free drafts.

Edit: Just did an envelope calculation. Assuming it takes 2 hours to complete a dungeon on hard, that's 200+ YEARS of play time to equal what's being given away in drafts.

Edit2: I just changed my mind. 5 platinum is such a meaningless amount, why bother. Anyway, gold earned can be sold for plat. Still, my point stands regarding hypocrisy among KS'ers.

plaguedealer
04-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Giving five plat to someone that did a perfect arena run seems like a waste. There is currently better value in the amount of gold you get doing arena.

Dont get me wrong one of the main factors in the game's success will be how fair f2p is, but giving 5 plat is not the way to go.

Vorpal
04-27-2015, 09:21 AM
Having a platinum faucet in game is a bad idea. It would be exploited to the hilt via free accounts and bots. Should never happen.

I do like the idea of a 'currency' earning primal packs instead of a 2% chance - of course maybe that's just because I've accrued hundreds of packs without getting a primal :|

Xenavire
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
I find humor in people that just scored 26 free drafts due to the extension complaining about giving out what is essentially a nickel for completing a dungeon on the hardest setting. I think someone calculated out that it's $200,000+ in free product. Then above that you've got probably close to the same amount in prizes entering the system when all is said and done. So, a $400,000 give away. Don't recall any of you arguing that you shouldn't receive free drafts.

Edit: Just did an envelope calculation. Assuming it takes 2 hours to complete a dungeon on hard, that's 200+ YEARS of play time to equal what's being given away in drafts.

Edit2: I just changed my mind. 5 platinum is such a meaningless amount, why bother. Anyway, gold earned can be sold for plat. Still, my point stands regarding hypocrisy among KS'ers.

Huge difference between handing out a finite number of free drafts and opening the door to an infinite amount of plat (which would directly influence how much is bought via the store, which the drafts would only do for... Well, drafting. If you want to play constructed or sealed... Pay up.)

And there were in fact a lot of complaints, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Tazelbain
04-27-2015, 09:28 AM
I might have agreed with OP if the gold AA commons didn't exist. But they do and they make Arena gold quite valuable. So it really looks like Hex knows what they are doing.

What they need is create a more smooth path from the starter deck to P2P PvP area. Not so someone can stay f2p forever, but to give people knowledge and tools to feel comfortable to spend their and know they aren't being ripped off. The various streamers continue to demonstrate going from starter to drafts isn't terribly difficult IF you know how the system works. But they are experts at Hex. Spreading that knowledge and making that path easier and crystal clear seems much better than trying to make short cuts with tiny plat rewards.

funktion
04-27-2015, 09:29 AM
My response is simply, "Why?"

Why change it? It is a strong system and one that is already in place and working well. Gold has a pretty strong value as it is. You're saying that you like games that have a premium currency but decide to undermine that currency by letting it trickle away in for free in some cases.

One of the things you specifically asked for already exists:

*Maybe an exchange gold <> platinum, player can sell gold or platinum to get the other currency and the prize is based on supply and demand. So it’s like a stock market.

Gold is worth quite a bit and can already be directly exchanged for platinum. Why the need to give something away for free that other people payed for?

Sparrow
04-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Huge difference between handing out a finite number of free drafts and opening the door to an infinite amount of plat (which would directly influence how much is bought via the store, which the drafts would only do for... Well, drafting. If you want to play constructed or sealed... Pay up.)

And there were in fact a lot of complaints, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm not for the idea of handing out a nickel for completing a dungeon and I am very much pro P2P. I just think it's bad form to argue too strenuously against the idea. Like I said if dungeon take 2 hours to complete that's 200+ years of play time to equal the amount given away in the 6-month extension. If dungeons take 5 hours to complete that's 500+ years. The idea that this is a platinum faucet is ridiculous, it's barely a drip.

bootlace
04-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Because my first “What do you think about: Login Rewards (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42804)” is a great discussion right now,

To be honest there's such lack of information right now that practically any topic where you ask someone's opinion is going to end up being a 20 page back-and-forth act of mental masturbation or post-count boosting. This thread is practically the same as the one you created before and has been addressed to death already.

There really needs to be a huge sticky up top that the F2P section of the game is still not yet fully implemented. Better yet: a blog post from Cory talking about F2P, what version of it will be available in the game, and what vision they have for F2Pers in this game.

nicosharp
04-27-2015, 09:52 AM
The biggest correlation people fail to make is this:
"The PvP side of the game is paid for with Platinum currency, that people pay with Real-Money for, has a Real-Money trade value internally, and externally."

You can not compare this to currency systems in other F2P games, because this currency can actually be traded from within the game and third party.

There is no reason for HEX, as a company that created and supports this game model, to provide any Platinum to players for free.

Real Players = Real Money(Plat), PvE = Play Money(Gold)
If you want to solve for X above, you need to put Real Players into the equation for Real Money.

ossuary
04-27-2015, 10:02 AM
I find humor in people that just scored 26 free drafts due to the extension complaining about giving out what is essentially a nickel for completing a dungeon on the hardest setting.

For the record, I think that was also a terrible idea, however much I may understand the reasoning behind it.

TJTaylor
04-27-2015, 10:04 AM

For the record, I also feel that was a bad idea. Different reasons though. In the interest of full disclosure, I did not benefit from the extension of the free year of drafts so read into that as you will. Back to the topic at hand, at least those drafts don't manufacture plat as the op would suggest doing.

rjselzler
04-27-2015, 10:23 AM
For example like this:
Clear a Dungeon (I think they will add difficult levels) on Hard: 5 platinum

Right now, you get like 6-7k~ gold for a run in pure gold, so that means you'll earn an AA common for every 4-5 full runs. Those commons sell for 150-170 plat fast. So that means that you essentially can get somewhere around 35 plat per run right now. That seems to be better than you are suggesting and it is already implemented.

Maybe an exchange gold <> platinum, player can sell gold or platinum to get the other currency and the prize is based on supply and demand. So it’s like a stock market.

Just for clarification, this is player-to-player, right? This, like most QoL improvements for the AH wouldn't actually add much, if anything, in functionality, but would make life way easier. I would definitely be in favor of this eventually.

zadies
04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm not for the idea of handing out a nickel for completing a dungeon and I am very much pro P2P. I just think it's bad form to argue too strenuously against the idea. Like I said if dungeon take 2 hours to complete that's 200+ years of play time to equal the amount given away in the 6-month extension. If dungeons take 5 hours to complete that's 500+ years. The idea that this is a platinum faucet is ridiculous, it's barely a drip.

It is 200 years of game time for 1 player... if the game takes off it will be a day of play time for the player base.

nicosharp
04-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Why are you comparing the value of something that was extended for a small handful of players that spent $250 each, to the free arena and PvE experience everyone is entitled to with an internet connection?

strylght
04-27-2015, 10:40 AM
It is 200 years of game time for 1 player... if the game takes off it will be a day of play time for the player base.

Yeah, this. And besides Sparrow, a faucet is a faucet. Free drafts are not a platinum faucet. Rewarding platinum for PvE is.

Sparrow
04-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Well, if we end up with north of 500,000 players logging in every day it won't be for a nickel. Anyway the right decision is for CZE to wait until we're out of beta and gauge how best to make $$ before making a change they may want to back away from later.

Diesbudt
04-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Having the game reward "real" currency directly imposes a static, unchangeable value on everything. As such, it's a terrible idea. By having two separate currencies, the playerbase as a whole is able to dictate what their time and their money are worth in relation to each other. This is a much smarter system.

People coming in thinking of Hex like a F2P mobile game are approaching it from entirely the wrong mindset, and cannot help but be disappointed if they are unable to adjust their thinking. Hex is a TCG, first and foremost. That means that cards cost money. You cannot expect to get around that fact. People who pay money for their cards will ALWAYS have an easier time building up a collection than people who follow the F2P path. That's simply how it has to work for the cards to hold any real value (a staple of TCGs, and a major part of the appeal for certain types of players). If you trivialize the acquirement of PVP cards, collections are worthless and there's little point to ever paying CZE money to get those cards... the profits dry up, people stop playing, the game dies.

Mobile games live and die in cycles, grabbing cash quickly and fading away into obscurity as the next new hot thing grabs peoples' attention. Hex is not designed to be a fly by night cash grab, it's an actual TCG that intends to be around for a LONG time. To do that, it needs a healthy economy, with a clear delineation between free content and paid tournaments. There will always be some crossover possible, because players with money will sometimes value their time more than that money, and will pay other players for the convenience of not having to grind content themselves. And a very small percentage of players will be able to gain access to most or all of the content without ever paying a dime. But that should NOT be the expectation going in - most players who do not put in any money will only be able to gain access to the free side of the game, and occasional toe-dipping into the AH to buy specific cards, or do the occasional tournament for free based on selling their better PVE items. And that's how it should be.

So many times Oss and I disagree on things. Here is one of those few times we completely agree.

Mokog
04-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Time to Play Devil's Advocate!

I will translate some of the OP into my understanding.

"Hex's two currency system is sub-par to the CCG single currency systems like hearthstone. Paying real money to accelerate getting cards is acceptable but buying cards with a different currency that can't be earned with in game mechanics adds too little value for the non-paying player. If Hex is going to keep two currencies let players have a difficult but manageable way to earn the premium currency."

This is a good thing because having a single currency adds simplicity to user transactions. A single currency makes acquiring every card a matter of time instead of gating that content behind a paywall that may never be surmounted. If players can't feel any progress in their collections they will just quit and we don't want people to quit.

Okey that is the best I got for something I do not agree with.
+1 to the counter posts above this one.

Hex marries two forms of content CCG and TCG. PvP is the TCG and PvE is the CCG. The Auction house is where these systems meet as players trade time in game (gold) for resources out of game (plat).

That is as close as the two system should go if Hex wants to maintain value in its digital cards, which they have stated, they emphatically want to retain value for our purchases as long as they can keep servers running. A CCG has no tradable value per card. No Hearthstone card is worth anything because they can not be traded and thus never bought for more than the currency price of a booster pack. Blizzard will gladly take your real world money to let you buy access to their card generation algorithm if you don't want to get your face stomped by players who have played the game longer than you. In Hex you get to play against changing Ai opponents and are rewarded gold. You then take that gold and go to the store for AA cards or to the AH for PvP cards. Less face stomping involved.

What I find valuable in the OP is the commentary on the feeling of progression being less than optimal. Right now you measure your mastery in Hex by the sleeves you earn and the cards you own. You "beat the game" when you have 4 of every card and every earnable sleeve in game. For the TCG player, that is nonsense because mastery means consistent provable victories in drafts and tournaments or how fast you can beat arena or how you beat the arena. To the CCG player the collection is progression. Hex's solution is dungeons, champion progression, raids, keeps, and a slew of additional content they are working on.

So hang on Ream. Your desire for progression is being worked on and will be here as soon as they make it over the top awesome.

~Mokog

ossuary
04-27-2015, 01:43 PM
So many times Oss and I disagree on things. Here is one of those few times we completely agree.

Welcome to the dark side, my friend. It's a slippery slope from here.

MuahahahahahahahhhhHHHHHH!!!!!!!! *cough*

magic_gazz
04-27-2015, 09:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xgELs.gif

strylght
04-28-2015, 03:41 AM
What I find valuable in the OP is the commentary on the feeling of progression being less than optimal. Right now you measure your mastery in Hex by the sleeves you earn and the cards you own. You "beat the game" when you have 4 of every card and every earnable sleeve in game. For the TCG player, that is nonsense because mastery means consistent provable victories in drafts and tournaments or how fast you can beat arena or how you beat the arena. To the CCG player the collection is progression. Hex's solution is dungeons, champion progression, raids, keeps, and a slew of additional content they are working on.

I feel the majority of players of Hex are likely to be a bit of both. As far as I can see though, casual constructed is not as big as it should be right now. Does this mean most players are buying/trading/drafting to build collections, not decks?

I, for one, am desperate to catch up with my collection and worry that when Set 3 is released and we have the possibility of Sets 1 and 2 being undraftable, catching up will be difficult. On the other hand, I want to play constructed, I want to build decks. Essentially what this means is I hoard plat from my draft profits so that when a constructed tournament comes around, I will be able to design a deck and buy it without needing to top up on cash.

I suppose my point is, to the CCG player, the real solution is drafting. What I think the Arena is FOR in its current incarnation, is easing the strain on 'going infinite' for people who are still learning to win drafts.

I think, if you're a F2P player, you should be saving up for a draft. Once you have done one (and grabbed some rares), grinding for the next one will likely be trivial due to your profits from the first. I think it should be more obvious that this kind of PvE is designed to work WITH the rest of the game, not separate to it. Perhaps in the future PvE will be able to be the separate game that people think it is or want it to be. But right now its not a game in its own right.

Getting back to the topic, all this boils down to - 'PvE doesn't need plat rewards, you just need to wait till its finished if you feel something is missing.'

zadies
04-28-2015, 05:38 AM
The real issue that most people are missing is that you do not need 4 of every card to play constructed you need 34-51 cards that are synergistic for a main board and a possible side board.... in a TCG only a small subset of players ever owns a playset, in a CCG this isn't the case and people are trying to apply a mindset acquired through playing a number of CCGs to this game.

KingGabriel
04-28-2015, 06:24 AM
This is a terrible idea considering you can already trade gold to plat with players pretty easily. I have sufficient confidence in Chark's abilities too :P

meetthefuture
04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
You should never, under any circumstances, be available to straight up get platinum for free, no matter how low the amount is

Vorpal
04-28-2015, 08:30 AM

Or bots.

zadies
04-28-2015, 12:47 PM
The way I read this is:

"Please please pay me real money to play your game instead of me paying you for making it. "

Yeah not a good idea.

Players giving you real money value currency is not the same as a company give you real money value currency.