PDA

View Full Version : Trading Post on hex.tcgbrowser.com

bogycoins
04-29-2015, 08:12 AM
I want to take a moment to introduce to you the Trading Post (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/trade). This is a newly added feature that helps you finding people to trade your cards with.

How does it work?
In order for this feature to be useful, you need to have cards added in your wishlist and tradelist. The fastest way to have these updated is to use the collection sync in conjunction with the auto generate list feature.

Once you have your lists up to date, upon entering the Trading Post, a list of users will be displayed. This list contains the users that have cards from your wishlist in their tradelist and also cards in their wishlist that you have in your tradelist.

On each line, representing a user, there are also two values, wishlist/tradelist. These represents the total number of cards in that user's wishlist/tradelist that CAN be traded both side. So for example if you have 2 Burns in your tradelist and the selected user has 3 in his wishlist, the displayed number will be 2. If he has only 1, then the displayed number will be 1. The same principle is applied to his tradelist as well. If you have 2 Burns in your wishlist and he has only 1 in tradelist, only 1 is counted. If he has 3, then 2 is counted.

Clicking a user, will open the trade window. The window has 2 important sections. The HAVES, which contains all cards in both yours and selected user's tradelists and the TRADE, which contains cards you propose for trading.
In the HAVES section, the cards are listed like this:
2x Rocket Ranger (3)
12x Adrenaline Rush

The number before the card name, represents the amount in tradelist (have), and the number in parenthesis is the amount the other have in wishlist (needs). If there is no number in parenthesis, then the other person doesn't need it.

To create a trade offer, select the cards you are offering and cards you need by clicking on the + button. The selected cards will be added in the TRADE section and their total price will be displayed in the Estimated cost section. You can also add a message if you want to.

Finally, click on the 'Send Offer' button and the selected user will receive a message on TCGBrowser's forum (hex.tcgbrowser.com/forum/) with the offer. From this point on, it is up to you two to discuss the details and complete the trade.

As usual, if you have any problem, questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll try to do my best to help.

Good luck in your trades!
bogycoins

strylght
04-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Thankyou so much for your hard work! I already love TCGbrowser and the sync features, this new improvement sounds fantastic.

pjvedder
04-29-2015, 08:50 AM
This may be one of the greatest things I've ever seen. Thank you!

LeMazing
04-29-2015, 09:03 AM
This looks great. It even made me update my lists. :)

Also, thanks for allowing us to change usernames. My IGN is different from the typical username I use and I just now corrected that on TCGBrowser.

MatWith1T
04-29-2015, 09:23 AM
This is awesome. Thanks for all the hard work Bogy

Xenavire
04-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Is everyone with an updated browser tradelist automatically added, or is there an opt-in? I can't really tell because there are so few cards I need.

bogycoins
04-29-2015, 09:38 AM
Yes, the query looks for all users that have their tradelist and wishlist updated.

Also I forgot to mention, the search box allows you to search for a card that is in your wishlist and will return the users that have it in their tradelist.

Xenavire
04-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Yes, the query looks for all users that have their tradelist and wishlist updated.

Also I forgot to mention, the search box allows you to search for a card that is in your wishlist and will return the users that have it in their tradelist.

Nice! I doubt I will get much chance to use this before set 3 comes out, but I can already say this feature would have been very handy. Do you think you could have a tickbox to change the estimated cost to just use the previous days sales (so you can tick it and see how the market has changed the prices, to get the most fair deal without inspecting every single card.)

Would be particularly useful when cards boom in value before a major event.

Assassine
04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
This sounds amazing. Thanks!

Yoss
04-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Sounds awesome. I can't wait to try it.

AdamAoE2
04-29-2015, 04:08 PM
This utility is absolutely amazing. I really hope this catches on, and quite frankly - this mimics what Hex should have implemented somehow when trading is implemented.

Outstanding job!!

vickrpg
04-30-2015, 07:25 AM
This is great! I could do this all day. VERY necessary. Google docs was nice but...

Request!
I really wish that when adding stuff to the trade/wish list you could still see how many you have, right now I have to click back and forth a lot. I would add red/green/yellow numbers underneath so we know which quantities are in each pile even when modifying one.

Also, I have never wanted the API to take AAs into account more than I do now.

Svenn
04-30-2015, 07:25 AM
I love you guys. This whole thing is so awesome.

Xenavire
04-30-2015, 07:35 AM
Yes, the API absolutely need to take AA's into account. Several times my wishlist has listed my AA's as spare non-AA's when I use the auto-fill, and saying that I can't trade my Inquisitor (as one example) has very nearly queered a few deals.

I can't express enough how much the API has helped me though, I am looking forward to any improvements that come.

Tazelbain
04-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Classic internet, routing around inefficiency. Fix the AH.

RobHaven
04-30-2015, 08:14 AM
This trading post is awesome. I haven't really bothered with trading before, but I've already made two trades since finding out about it.

Also, I have never wanted the API to take AAs into account more than I do now.

Yeah, this just rose up about 50 places on my preferred order of getting things done.

vickrpg
04-30-2015, 08:19 AM
The AH serves its purpose, selling and buying. We need a completely different area for trading and seeing each other's collections, It would be horrible if an in-game trading post were part of the AH. They should be separate when implemented.

BTW suddenly my browser stopped being able to access #!/trade and it now auto-redirects to #!/cards. Is the trading post down or..?

RobHaven
04-30-2015, 08:27 AM
I had that problem last night. Try clearing your cache and refreshing. Worked for me.

Xenavire
04-30-2015, 08:33 AM

Yeah, as vickrpg mentioned, the AH is only one side of the trading coin. As someone who would be unlikely to use the AH much even if it was absolutely flawless, this trading post makes me very happy while we wait for a full trading interface in-game.

bogycoins
04-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys for your feedback. I'm really glad you like it. I never traded before, but since yesterday I've already done a few trades :)

@vickrpg
Try clearing the cache and reload, this fix it most of the time.
Also about your request. You have all three numbers displayed when you open a card, just below the image and you can change them there. And you can also use the left/right arrows to scroll through cards so you don't need to open them everytime (left/right keys should work as well). Or use the automatic generation of wishlist/tradelist, that works best.

Freebird_Falcon
04-30-2015, 10:26 AM
This is fantastic. Thank you!

stuntbum
04-30-2015, 10:35 AM
What is the auto generate list feature you mention? Is that a way to auto-generate a trade list based on the number of each card I have in my collection? Cause that would be nice.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Thanks!

vickrpg
04-30-2015, 10:35 AM
@vickrpg
Try clearing the cache and reload, this fix it most of the time.
Also about your request. You have all three numbers displayed when you open a card, just below the image and you can change them there. And you can also use the left/right arrows to scroll through cards so you don't need to open them everytime (left/right keys should work as well). Or use the automatic generation of wishlist/tradelist, that works best.
Yep that fixed it, Thanks. And I like the zoom view much better, too.
The auto-generation though isn't really designed for me. the 4 of rule works for people trying to complete a playset (which is fine) but there are some cards I don't need/want 4 of, and I'm okay just having one, so after hittin gthe button I spend just as much time going through all the cards I don't want and removing them, and adding extras that I don't think i need 4 of. I'm completely fine just keeping 1/5 of my stonetusks, for example. and I could be persuaded to trade the last one away, too.

Still, Awesome trading post. I do hope something similar is implemented in-game though.

ossuary
04-30-2015, 10:39 AM
This is an awesome feature, and I'm sure much appreciated. Personally, I'm not using the tradelist feature at this time, but that's just because I'm hung up on the whole AA thing. Whenever CZE fixes the export feature to differentiate, I'll happily start using this feature to get some trades on. :)

incitfulmonk21
04-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Very awesome and thanks for everything you do!

Armies
04-30-2015, 11:02 AM
love this feature have already made a trade and a few offers to people

AdamAoE2
04-30-2015, 11:05 AM
I sent a few offers and trades already, but I am happy to make trades with anybody that sees me show up on their tradelist. Feel free to make me any offers and I will respond by tonight.

Name on Trading Post: BrynhildrTCG

Again - awesome utility - way to go!

Turboflex
04-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks for hex browser site, it's very useful.

It would be cool if HEX had a feature maybe to export your card library to a CSV file or something so you could upload it to sites like tcgbrowser.

vickrpg
04-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Thanks for hex browser site, it's very useful.

It would be cool if HEX had a feature maybe to export your card library to a CSV file or something so you could upload it to sites like tcgbrowser.
The game API will already do this for you! thread (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40975)

bogycoins
07-11-2015, 02:46 PM
I've updated the site with some improvements to the Trading Post. It is now split into two sections, Pending Trades and Available Traders.

The Available Traders section has the old functionality, showing the users that have cards/equipment in their wishlist/tradelist that match yours.

The new section, Pending Trades, will show trade offers that you sent or received. After you proposed or received a trade offer, a new entry will be added in this section. Clicking on an offer will open a dialog showing the details. There are also two buttons here, Completed and Declined. Click on those buttons according to how the trade went. If both you and your trade partner choose Completed, then the trade will be marked as successfully finished and both of you will have your trade count increased. Otherwise, the trade will be marked as declined and your trade count won't be modified. (Trade count will be added later in a future update)

Barkam
07-11-2015, 04:25 PM
So the tradelist has to be manualky updated?

bogycoins
07-12-2015, 08:46 AM
You can use the sync feature to update your collection and then you can generate the tradelist automatically. You can also setup the sync to update your wishlist/tradelist automatically if you wish.