PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Unlocking the Myth

Shaqattaq
05-01-2015, 11:01 AM
This week, let’s talk about one of the big features from Armies of Myth. Let’s introduce you to the three new keywords that you could only find in a digital TCG: Shift, Prophecy, and Allegiance.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-unlocking-the-myth/

Svenn
05-01-2015, 11:33 AM
NEW KEYWORDS! These look great!

hacky
05-01-2015, 11:33 AM
The first day of Summer is June 21. ;) Can't wait, but will.

Cernz
05-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Spoiler Season ;)

N3rd4Christ
05-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Sweet.

NOBLEStarshield
05-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Pupil of Creation. It makes my heart happy <3

Azzer
05-01-2015, 11:38 AM
I looooooooove the Vennen and i love necrotic, this is what i've been waiting for, the new keywords looks awesome as well!

N3rd4Christ
05-01-2015, 11:40 AM
No yeti! Even better

Svenn
05-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I looooooooove the Vennen and i love necrotic, this is what i've been waiting for, the new keywords looks awesome as well!

Vennen decks seem like they could get pretty brutal. Can't wait for it!

bootlace
05-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Shift sounds like an amazing addition, and the other two keywords sound like loads of fun as well in a limited environment. Cant wait for "Summer"!

hammer
05-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Nice Update, Nice Keywords, and Pumped for Set 3 although "summer" does imply its longer away than I hoped. Although this is disappointing "Contest open to US and Canadian residents only excluding Quebec residents and void where prohibited elsewhere" its quite frustrating that it isn't considered part of the Basic Run Down and included in the article. Hex Art keeps getting better and better and the bar was already very high for a TCG. Excited :D

vickrpg
05-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Are we allowed multiple submissions for the flavor text contest? (Rules specifies no AUTOMATED multiples, but doesn't address regular ole' human multiples)

Shaqattaq
05-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Are we allowed multiple submissions for the flavor text contest? (Rules specifies no AUTOMATED multiples, but doesn't address regular ole' human multiples)

3. How To Play Without Purchase. There are two ways to enter the Contest: mail or email. However, only one entry per HEX account holder will be accepted.

EDIT: Removing incorrect information.

vickrpg
05-01-2015, 12:06 PM
3. How To Play Without Purchase. There are two ways to enter the Contest: mail or email. However, only one entry per HEX account holder will be accepted.

EDIT: Removing incorrect information.

I can think of half a dozen off the top of my head. =) Expect a list within the next few minutes...

Also, please do this again. I'm already having a blast. (Card pun intended)

YourOpponent
05-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Are we allowed to post some of the flavor texts we've submitted on the forums? I came up with one that is pretty humorous and wouldn't want to deprive somebody of a laugh if it's not necessary to.

szimek
05-01-2015, 12:18 PM
" Contest is open to US and Canadian residents only " so no Europe ? Kinda bummer :/

new keywords look awesome though :]

vickrpg
05-01-2015, 12:51 PM
From promotions

"Greetings,

Your entry does not meet the requirements of the contest rules.

One entry per person/per household. Please select one of the several flavor text options you’ve sent in as your official entry.

Please do not reply to this email, instead re-submit your entry."

Sadness. Shaq lied to me. ;_;

poizonous
05-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Never knew Spoilers could be so saddening. Summer is possibly the worst word to describe set 3, minimum 2 months, potential for longer, thats scary :(

Sad news aside the spoilers look great, but i promise you, if there is not a huge amount of ramp in set 3, people will love drafting with me because i will pass every pupil of creation I see :P

Edswor
05-01-2015, 01:20 PM
The new keywords seems a lot of fun, both in constructed and in limited. Can't wait to get the new set.

Rycajo
05-01-2015, 01:29 PM
From promotions

"Greetings,

Your entry does not meet the requirements of the contest rules.

One entry per person/per household. Please select one of the several flavor text options you’ve sent in as your official entry.

Please do not reply to this email, instead re-submit your entry."

Sadness. Shaq lied to me. ;_;

Not necessarily a lie. Shaq did not say both of your entries would be considered, merely said you could submit something later if inspiration hit. A replacement submission.

Also, the official rules do actually state entry is limited to one entry per account holder.

3. How To Play Without Purchase. There are two ways to enter the Contest: mail or email. However, only one entry per HEX account holder will be accepted. (Italics added)

In other news, these keywords are awesome! Like others have said, the only downside is the wait.

Shift is really interesting to me. If my opponent has a shift troop out on the field, and I don't have an answer, I'm getting pretty nervous about troops entering play with Speed. Shift that Marrowmage's ability onto a Terrasque or such? Ouch.

BossHoss
05-01-2015, 01:38 PM

What is Heath? :p

nicosharp
05-01-2015, 01:45 PM

What is Heath? :p

Heath Bars are now apparently made with Acorns.

I also agree about Shift being the most unique and intriguing ability. I'm also a bit worried about the sheer power of the one shared. Yet again increasing the draw power of Sapphire :)

Axle
05-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Wondering if any HEX dev can answer this.

Are Spiderlings just going to be the thing Vennens make from now on? Spiderspawns are gone? Also do old Vennen cards get updated with Spiderlings instead if so or are we just going to throw them in the bin if their name isn't Xentoth 's Inquisitor?

vickrpg
05-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Not necessarily a lie. Shaq did not say both of your entries would be considered, merely said you could submit something later if inspiration hit. A replacement submission.

Also, the official rules do actually state entry is limited to one entry per account holder.

(Italics added)

Thanks for clarification, I missed that. I didn't "really" feel lied to. Still sad though.

But I just had my friends vote on the best one of my submissions and submitted it. It was unanimous.
I feel confident I'll at least get an honorable mention.

bizznach
05-01-2015, 01:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

bootlace
05-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Are Spiderlings just going to be the thing Vennens make from now on? Spiderspawns are gone? Also do old Vennen cards get updated with Spiderlings instead if so or are we just going to throw them in the bin if their name isn't Xentoth 's Inquisitor?

What makes you think that? They've said from the start they won't go back and change PvP cards. Pretty sure Vennen can make either Spiderlings or Spiderspawns or maybe even Spidercrack if they wanted to one day.

Mahes
05-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Is that a rare dual shard with no drawback?

Yeah those will not be valuable.

BlindMan
05-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Is that a rare dual shard with no drawback?

Yeah those will not be valuable.

I checked the rarity and was nervous at first too. But if you read it carefully, it gives you no threshold at all unless you have an elf in hand or in play. I think it remains to be seen how big of a drawback that is, but it's definitely a drawback.

Mahes
05-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Oh, then that makes more sense. It is not a true dual shard with no draw back. The rarity is still of concern

Phenteo
05-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Just to jump in for some concerns.

Only one entry per person. Sorry!

Also, if you're not in US/Canada, Gameforge will be hosting this contest as well, for their territories and in different languages at a later time. We cannot run a contest in EU ourselves due to contracts.

poizonous
05-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Its also nice to see Elves will be splashing into ruby

szimek
05-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Also, if you're not in US/Canada, Gameforge will be hosting this contest as well, for their territories and in different languages at a later time.

awesome to hear that :]

Hexgo
05-01-2015, 03:32 PM
We cannot run a contest in EU ourselves due to contracts.

This makes me very sad and let's me loose alot of trust. Supposedly Gameforge is there to host the servers and run the support and Hex Ent. should stay in control of everything else. One wonders whats all "hidden" in those contracts.

Selanius
05-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Great update! I'm really excited for Armies of Myth!

Yoss
05-01-2015, 04:08 PM
We cannot ... due to contracts.
I am suddenly reminded of Star Wars.

GF: "Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?"
Hex: (swallows hard) "No."
GF: "Good. I would hate to have to leave a garrison here."
Hex: (to self) "This deal is getting worse all the time."

:p

Lafoote
05-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Great update.

thecoolguy
05-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Wow. Those shards are going to be staples in every deck now ;)

Flairina
05-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Hey, question, is Pupil of Creation actually a he as the description implies? I mean, I certainly don't mind if so (that'd be pretty cool actually), but the card art looks pretty definitively female (even given the usual elf androgyny), and given that the other card being invoked is Eye of Creation- Titania's card- I'm not certain if the "he"s used were intentional or not.

Azzer
05-02-2015, 01:39 AM
Vennen decks seem like they could get pretty brutal. Can't wait for it!

Exactly my kind of idea, might even bring Ushul in (for arena and PvE) and i am sure we get lots and lots of really cooll vennen tricks it's such a cool race.

Drake6k
05-02-2015, 03:19 AM
Its also nice to see Elves will be splashing into ruby

I want to see a Ruby Elf! Maybe they will have some kind of acceleration, since Ruby has a few (Crimson Clarity, Scraptech Brawler).

Lefto
05-02-2015, 04:19 AM
Pupil of creation as opposed to Eye of creation, pun intended?
Also I'm guessing that the contest held by Gameforge will be about the flavor text of a different card?

poizonous
05-02-2015, 06:08 AM
Pupil of creation as opposed to Eye of creation, pun intended?
Also I'm guessing that the contest held by Gameforge will be about the flavor text of a different card?

I thought the contest was about Boomsmith

Flairina
05-02-2015, 08:37 AM
I thought the contest was about Boomsmith

It is. Aside from there being very little room left on Pupil of Creation for flavor text anyways, it explicitly says the contest is about Boomsmith.

Lefto
05-02-2015, 09:03 AM
I was talking about two different things.

wolzarg
05-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Not a big fan of the second keyword but the potential is there so i will reserve judgement and have faith.

ossuary
05-03-2015, 08:05 AM

Just want to chime in with my own opinion on this. It's important to note that the Vennen powers that work in synergy with this do it based on troop type "spider," not troop type "spiderspawn." The spiderspawn is the name of the troop that the existing set 1, set 2, and PVE cards make, but that troop is type spider. Spiderling is also troop type spider. So both spiderspawn and spiderling will work with existing Vennen powers.

It's reasonable to assume that some Vennen will continue to make spiderspawn (the 2/1 vanilla troop), while others will make these new spiderlings (1/1 unblockable). Future Vennen may make completely different spiders - but all of them will work with effects that depend on spiders.

Xartaxis just got even more amazing with this spoiled troop Exarch, since Exarch makes unblockable spiders and Xartaxis lets you draw cards whenever a spider deals damage to a champion. Blood/Saph Vennen deck go! :D

eLdritchZ
05-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Seriously though, Coyotles better be good. I've waited a long time for them, don't disappoint :D

Really excited about the new set. I hope it reinvigorates the community a little bit

Kami
05-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Seriously though, Coyotles better be good. I've waited a long time for them, don't disappoint :D

So much this. Please this.

Valoisian
05-03-2015, 12:44 PM
How cool would it be to have Boomsmith's foot extend out of the art window as if in 3-D? I mean....this is a digital TCG...and Boomer wants to get the heck out of there!

eimerian
05-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Tribal dual resources?
That's even more awesome than the keywords IMHO.

Is anyone else thinking that Marrowmage's ability is phrased weirdly?
"draw a card for each damage dealt"

Shouldn't it rather be
"draw a number of cards equal to the damage dealt"
or
"draw a card for each point of damage dealt" ?

malloc31
05-04-2015, 06:31 AM
so with creepy conspirators, since it is itself a necrotic troop. Wont it trigger it self even if you have no other necrotic in hand or play when you cast it? Since that seems to be how the checks go for cards like queensgaurd?

ossuary
05-04-2015, 07:15 AM
so with creepy conspirators, since it is itself a necrotic troop. Wont it trigger it self even if you have no other necrotic in hand or play when you cast it? Since that seems to be how the checks go for cards like queensgaurd?

From the update (emphasis mine):

All these cards need is one other of the requested troop in play or in hand.

Allegiance cards don't count themselves, they are looking for you to have another card with that type on it. That's why Allegiance can be on a resource and look for an Elf as the Allegiance, too. The type of the source card is not relevant, all that matters is whether or not you have a card other than the card with Allegiance on it that has the type in question.

PureVapes
05-04-2015, 07:24 AM
What makes you think that? They've said from the start they won't go back and change PvP cards. Pretty sure Vennen can make either Spiderlings or Spiderspawns or maybe even Spidercrack if they wanted to one day.

Spidercrack (http://i.imgur.com/RulH4v9.png)

I tried inserting it into the post, but apparently even 95KB is too large for a remote file image reference now?

ossuary
05-04-2015, 09:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RulH4v9.png

No, you just did it wrong. :)

Phenteo
05-04-2015, 11:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RulH4v9.png

No, you just did it wrong. :)

That's way OP!.... Now let me add it to my human deck...

malloc31
05-04-2015, 11:52 AM
From the update (emphasis mine):

Allegiance cards don't count themselves, they are looking for you to have another card with that type on it. That's why Allegiance can be on a resource and look for an Elf as the Allegiance, too. The type of the source card is not relevant, all that matters is whether or not you have a card other than the card with Allegiance on it that has the type in question.

Then wont they have to update the wording on one or the other? since on queensgaurd when you are playing the item that meets the trigger you get the trigger and here when you are playing the item that meets the trigger you don't get the trigger?

Seraph_Hex
05-04-2015, 01:50 PM
Then wont they have to update the wording on one or the other? since on queensgaurd when you are playing the item that meets the trigger you get the trigger and here when you are playing the item that meets the trigger you don't get the trigger?

They don't have to update any of the wording, since they don't contradict each other.

The troop has an ability word which is in control of the triggered ability.
Meaning that as long as the criteria isn't met the triggered ability is basically disabled.
The criteria here being "other troop of the requested tribe in play or in hand".

At least that is what can be assumed from the article.

The criteria for Queensguard is having one Ruby, one Sapphire and one Diamond Threshold. The second you get your last Threshold the criteria is met. Nothing else applies to the newly spoiled troop, since it checks if you have another card of the mentioned tribe in play or hand.

Tribal dual resources?
That's even more awesome than the keywords IMHO.

This. I'm crossing all my fingers for a Ruby/Sapphire Dwarf or maybe even Robot Shard.

Phenteo
05-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Update: Australia and New Zealand residents are now eligible to enter the Flavor Text Contest.

Gameforge will be running the EU contest in the near future.

Tension
05-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Update: Australia and New Zealand residents are now eligible to enter the Flavor Text Contest.

Gameforge will be running the EU contest in the near future.

Yippee! Thank you so much!

Silmegil
05-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Damn, I was hoping to get on this one from EU:( But thanks about news.