PDA

View Full Version : VIP Tournaments and Cards

Selanius
05-04-2015, 09:57 PM
What will be the VIP tournament AA card reward for this month and beyond?

poizonous
05-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Im guessing they will be the same until Set 3 comes out, which is another reason set releases have got to get more consistent so VIP rewards can cycle properly

hex_colin
05-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Im guessing they will be the same until Set 3 comes out, which is another reason set releases have got to get more consistent so VIP rewards can cycle properly

Why would you guess that at all? We already know they're running in 4 month cycles and that we should get new AAs this month.

poizonous
05-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Well I just assumed VIP rewards being 4 month cycles and sets wanting to be 4 month cycles would mean tha the cycles would coexist and the new AA's would be from the new set

hex_colin
05-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Well I just assumed VIP rewards being 4 month cycles and sets wanting to be 4 month cycles would mean tha the cycles would coexist and the new AA's would be from the new set

There's nothing to stop this month's AAs being from Set 3 even if Set 3 hasn't launched yet. That precedent has already been set with our Jovial friend.

Selanius
05-04-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm really hoping they let us know the format and cards soon. I speculate that it will be Constructed, but that is just the pattern that has been set previously they could do whatever they want.

Set 3 cards would be great even if we can't play them I'd still be happy. Mostly just looking for information before it gets so close that I have to plan that weekend.

ossuary
05-05-2015, 04:17 AM
They've said it will alternate months, so it will absolutely be constructed, and it will absolutely be sets 1 and 2 only for the card pool, since set 3 won't be out yet at that point (if they both announce and release the set within the next 3 weeks, I will HAPPILY eat those words!).

The prizes, like Colin said, could easily be from set 3's card pool, it wouldn't be hard to put the card into the client and just mark it illegal for all deck types until set 3 is actually released (we've seen this in the client when a few patches ago, when a couple of cards were accidentally flagged as illegal in both PVP and PVE for a couple of days).

poizonous
05-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Colin, I fully understand your thought process but it still leads to an issue down the road. Set 3 cards would be prize tournaments starting this month for 4 months (May,June,July,August) That means set 4 rewards would start in September and I am just going to guess that there is a 0% chance of Set 4 falling in September, which means the rewards could fall up to 2-3 months before the sets actual release. Which just means that set releases really need to get consistent

Overall, without steady set drops we are getting Rewards in VIP tournaments we cant use for a few months, which doesnt sound very appealing does it?

Saeijou
05-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Mh... I hoped it would maybe be one Set1 and one Set2... I want the AA rootfather so bad ;)