PDA

View Full Version : MoMCards introduces the circuit : Open HEXagonal

MoMCards.RoPeTTe
05-05-2015, 06:46 AM
MoMCards introduces the circuit : Open HEXagonal

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/729590tournoismomcards03.jpg

First step Sunday the 17th of May, at 2h30 pm CET.

MoMCards introduces his first circuit on HEX : the Open HEXagonal.

It will be two months long from Sunday the 17th of May.

4 tournaments will compose this circuit, with 2 different formats : the "No rare or Legendary card" and the "Budget deck"

Additionally to the prizes, the players will earn HEXagonal points regarding to their performance.

The 8 players with the biggest amount of HEXagonal points at the end of the 4 tournaments will be invited to compete for the grand final in Swiss DRAFT.

The amount of spots available for each tournament is limited !

Each of the steps of this circuit will have no entrance fee.

You will be able to win platines, boosters, cards during tournaments.

Here is the schedule with the 4 tournaments :

Lutetia Cup : Sunday the 17th of May

Massillia Cup : Sunday the 31st of May

Lugdunum Cup : Sunday the 14th of June

Tolosa Cup : Sunday the 28th of June

The inscription phase for the Lutetia Cup will occur soon !

N3rd4Christ
05-05-2015, 07:34 AM
Sounds interesting

juzamjedi
05-05-2015, 08:01 AM
What is the time of day this tournament will start? I am interested, but I would need to make sure I am awake for the start :)

Diesbudt
05-05-2015, 01:43 PM
Not that it is a bad thing, but it amazes me how many player run leagues / tournaments are being run

funktion
05-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Seems like the first one is right around the corner. A few questions:
-you said space is limited. How many spots are we talking about? I assume this is so you can control how many rounds each one is?
-will each individual tournament have prizes? Or just the final one?
-you mention there being two separate formats, what does 'budget deck' mean specifically?
-what time of day will each event take place?
-which tournaments will use which formats?

Herocomplexkid
05-06-2015, 10:29 AM
This is something I want to be a part of. Hopefully I do not miss the sign up.

Rycajo
05-06-2015, 12:53 PM
This is more like what I expected when I heard CBB was running a pauper tournament. I'm interested.

Rycajo
05-06-2015, 12:56 PM
What is the time of day this tournament will start? I am interested, but I would need to make sure I am awake for the start :)

First step Sunday the 17th of May, at 2h30 pm CET.

The original post has the time.

Jonesy
05-06-2015, 05:43 PM
Huh, I always thought momcards was some french lady who was a mom and played cards.

trixygo
05-07-2015, 03:27 AM
I want to sign up: IGN:trixygo

trixygo
05-07-2015, 03:28 AM
IGN:trixygo, would like to join this.

desk
05-14-2015, 04:30 AM
I signed up on the battelfy. Can I participate if I don't speak french?

pjvedder
05-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Has there been any more info on this? The first tournament is this Sunday already, and i don't believe we know what the format is, do we?

funktion
05-14-2015, 12:54 PM
So, I've registered but I am also thoroughly confused.

It looks like it is limited to 16 players? Yet there is an invitational type tournament at the end of the series? Also the first tournament apparently has swiss rounds despite being only 16 players?

I still don't see any mention of what "budget deck" means in terms of deck construction restrictions.
I can't find any indication of what the prizes are for this first tournament.

henip
05-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Hello there.
I'm henip and i'm in charge of this Hexagonal Open

First of there are been some issues concerning the communication in momcards about this. We were not all aware of this post.
We wanted to have the first event for the french speaking community (at least the first of the four tourney) to be able to kinda 'test' it. But now that it has all been spread out, dont worry we wont let non-french speaking players who wants to play aside.

So i gonna try to answer the questions i've seen all over this post and i will try to be as clear as my english can be :').

@Funktion:
-you said space is limited. How many spots are we talking about? I assume this is so you can control how many rounds each one is? First tournament will be 16 spots, we think that it will grow up until atleast 32 for the second event which we will publicy a little more, we want to make sure that we are ABLE to run that kind of tourney thats why we start small
-will each individual tournament have prizes? Yes Or just the final one? Final one will have bigger prizes, however we didnot state on what it will be for now.
-you mention there being two separate formats, what does 'budget deck' mean specifically? Yeah Lutetia Cup and Lugdunum Cup (1 & 3) will be No rares//Legendaries format. Massilia cup & Tolosa cup (2 & 4) will be a budget format very near of what hexprimal did. We will provide a value in Euros and pplz will have XX Euros to make a deck and a sideboard
-what time of day will each event take place? 2.30PM CET for the first event with a break and top 4 at 9 PM CET
-which tournaments will use which formats?

@Jonesy Momcards stands for Might of Magic (Momcards is a site for another well known CCG)

@Funktion:
It looks like it is limited to 16 players? Yet there is an invitational type tournament at the end of the series? Also the first tournament apparently has swiss rounds despite being only 16 players? We gonna limit the number of player once again to be sure to be able to run our first event smoothly. 16 players seems very low but once again we didnot think some international players would like to play (and again there was some miscommunication in momcards)

wolzarg
05-15-2015, 06:21 AM
Well this is interesting and infuriating as i can't find how to sign up to check if all spots are taken. Sunday tournaments are awesome tho as i work friday and saturday most weeks.

JohnDruitt
05-15-2015, 06:44 AM
http://www.momcards.fr/en/hex/tournament.html I guess all are taken

henip
05-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Yep right now the 16 spots are taken, we will do an annoucement for the lugdunum cup as soon as possible w/ 32 slots. We will likely provide a post in english Don't forget this cup will be a constant work in progress in his first season.

wolzarg
05-15-2015, 10:16 AM
The point system is terrible if you gate tournaments in this fashion especially if you planed to keep one only in the French community. Just being honest and giving critique not trying to be a dbag.

A much better system would be the spot qualifying. So nr 1 and 2 each tournament qualify and should they have already qualified the ticket trickles down to the first non qualified person. That way the only advantage of having gotten in instead of someone else is having the shot to take a ticket not getting a partial ticket for locking someone else out.

henip
05-15-2015, 01:05 PM
I admit it sounds kinda unfair to have 1 tournament that we kept for french community AND a point system. It might not have been the best choice to be honest. But for now we won't change for this season. French community is kinda new on the game, our goal is to develop it we wanted to kinda give them a chance to participate that kind of tournament and have their first experience. Once again it sounds unfair, and it is somehow, but i hope that you all see our point to develop our community :).

We hope you will all enjoy the next tournaments, we gonna do our best to improve the tournament experience during this first season.

desk
05-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Just an update for anyone curious. I participated and won the tournament with a mono blood deck. I am an american player and do not speak french but everything went fine with no issues, Henip made sure to communicate with the non french speakers.

The top 4 decklist is below ( can translate it to English if you using chrome with one button click)
http://www.momcards.fr/fr/hex/pages/645-open-hexagonal-lutetia-cup-decklist-top-4.html