PDA

View Full Version : All Hail The Mighty Xarlox

ThomasHunter
05-05-2015, 01:02 PM
It's been a while since I took my (arguably best deck) mono-blood Good Stuff (with a bunch of lifedrain) into the Arena.

All is going well. 9-0. Ran into the BUZZSAW that is Xarlox. My deck tends to snipe away at life (I have the 1/4 guys that drain a life for every life gained) and my champ is the guy who takes one life. It really works quite nicely (could use 2 more of those 1/4 guys though!).

The second game seemed like it might go well. I went all in with 4 critters on the board and Xarlox was down to 15 life and taking a BUNCH next turn. I thought, "No way he has an Extinction." which is why I played out my last two troops. Sure enough. All my guys die.

Third game simply was bad. Really bad.

All hail our Xennen overlords:cool:

vickrpg
05-05-2015, 01:52 PM
It's been a while since I took my (arguably best deck) mono-blood Good Stuff (with a bunch of lifedrain) into the Arena.

All is going well. 9-0. Ran into the BUZZSAW that is Xarlox. My deck tends to snipe away at life (I have the 1/4 guys that drain a life for every life gained) and my champ is the guy who takes one life. It really works quite nicely (could use 2 more of those 1/4 guys though!).

The second game seemed like it might go well. I went all in with 4 critters on the board and Xarlox was down to 15 life and taking a BUNCH next turn. I thought, "No way he has an Extinction." which is why I played out my last two troops. Sure enough. All my guys die.

Third game simply was bad. Really bad.

I like your choice of deck. It's more fun with black/white IMO. But I like it. PM Me in game and I'll send you the 2 more Paladins of The Necropolis you need.

All hail our Xennen overlords:cool:
*Vennen.

KingGabriel
05-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Pssh, with this deck http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42699&p=476292#post476292 I outbury xarlox...

strawwmann
05-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Turn 4 against Xarlox:
3 x Terrorantulas + Headless executioner - "Yahtzee TCG" at it's finest.

Now if only they can create an AI that can challenge you occasionaly by playing cards, instead of janky free auto-wins from special "Yahtzee" abilities.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3372&stc=1&d=1430932679

ThomasHunter
05-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Turn 4 against Xarlox:
3 x Terrorantulas + Headless executioner - "Yahtzee TCG" at it's finest.

Now if only they can create an AI that can challenge you occasionaly by playing cards, instead of janky free auto-wins from special "Yahtzee" abilities.

Yeah, pretty disheartening. This is especially true when it happens so frequently. In a rematch (same tier even) with another of my better decks, I promptly lost game 1. This was 4 games in a row with good decks. I was bummed.

I decided to press on and promptly mulliganed to 6. Xarlox mulliganed to 5. I thought I had a chance, but you know Xarlox...

It was close, but I pulled this one out - probably only because of the mulligan (although he quickly made up for that with the 3 shard card-drawer that buries cards. Egads, that card is BRUTAL for sure!

I'll only say that this encounter was as close as I have gotten with deciding I need a break from Hex. It simply doesn't engender a good feeling. Believe me, I like the dread and the unknown of the RNG, but this encounter is over the edge a bit. Pfft.

That said, happy gaming!
Taleisin

Salverus
05-06-2015, 02:56 PM
also if you get the 'cerebral fulmination' challenge against xarlox, the challenge will be there for all 3 tries you face him ..... :(

Phenteo
05-06-2015, 02:59 PM
He's definitely a hard boss to beat. But you can do it!

Jeevus
05-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Worst time of my life was Xarlox with Mastery of time challenge and him on the play (means i have no turn in between mastery and him getting the extra turn). Thought it was an unbeatable challenge and i lost first and second try. But, though i actually can't remember how, i won with my third try against that nuts mastery challgenge (And nope, he wasn't shard- or color screwed in any of the games). Mono Ruby ftw ;)

strylght
05-08-2015, 07:55 AM
Worst time of my life was Xarlox

haha,
No, not grandma dying or my rocky divorce, Xarlox!
:D

RCDv57
05-08-2015, 08:43 AM
haha,
No, not grandma dying or my rocky divorce, Xarlox!
:D

Xarlox killed my grandma and stole my wife.
It was the worst time of my life.