PDA

View Full Version : Colour Combinations

whiteyzz
05-06-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm curious to what colour combinations haven't been done as of right now. I'm also curious to what you think they're main theme will be

2 Colours

Red/ Blue = Artifacts / Dwarfs
Red / Black = Aggro / Orcs
Red / Green = Elfs?
Red / White = ??? (Humans)
Green / White = ??? (Coyotle)
Green / Black = Shin'hare Token sacrifice and spawning
Green / Blue = ??? (Coyotle)
White / Blue = ??? (Humans)
White / Black = ??? (Necrotic)
Blue / Black = Vennen / Mill / Card Control

3 Colours

Red/Blue/White = Humans
Red/White/Green = ??? (Possibly Elfs?)
Red/Black/Blue = ???
Red/Black/Green = ???
Red/Green/Blue = ???
Red/Black/White = ???
Blue/White/Black = ???
Blue/White/Green = Coyotle
Blue/Black/Green = ???
Green/White/Black = ???

4 Colours

Blue/Black/Red/Green = ???
White/Black/Red/Green = ???
White/Blue/Red/Green = ???
White/Blue/Black/Green = ???
White/Blue/Black/Red = Necrotic

ECT
White/Blue/Black/Red/Green = Necrotic (for abilities)
No Colour = Robots

Now I'm curious to what kind of colour typing do you guys want to see next, the reason why and within those colours, and what would be it's focus!

Also how would you mana fix tri elemental I had an idea for land

Uncommon
Resource
Red/Blue/White
0/1
Prophesy: the next non resource card it requires 1 shard extra of a colour you didn't use

Rare
0 Cost
Artifact
Tap (1/0) Mana
Shift: Gain a shard based off the colour of the constant, once this effect is shifted once, this move will be removed
If you play a resource before or after this card for the turned this card was played, this card is removed from the game.

So guys what do you guys suggest to help mana fix three/four/five elemental decks

So what kind of decks do you want to be seen made (Blue/white, or Red/White and the like are just from splitting a tri-elemental theme of humans, but they do work!) and how does it work. Secondly what kind of resource or resource fixing to help push tri-elemental decks!

plaguedealer
05-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Elementals are wild, ruby, diamond and saphhire. I would love to see more dual color cards, regardless if it meets a certain tribe requirement.

Axle
05-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Dual threshold cards aren't really needed when we can just have cards like this
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/images/cards/big/XartaxisBishopOfTheAzureFang.jpg
They're more consistent to play and can be just as strong. Obviously Xartaxis isn't the best example (or he is, we'll see what happens with unblockable spiders) but yeah. Only really affects when your opponent steals your cards and doesn't have the thresholds I guess.

KingGabriel
05-06-2015, 01:05 PM
I can clearly see that none of the combinations you stated have been done as they are impossible.

plaguedealer
05-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Yea might want to change wording from green to wild, red to ruby, etc. I would consider xartaxis a variant of a dual threshold card.

whiteyzz
05-06-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not talking about dual threshold I'm just talking about the play style of cards

Humans are clearly red/white/blue, obviously you could make mono red humans or red white humans... but humans seem to be in thought the Red/Blue/White theme

strylght
05-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Why do so many people call Blood Black?
A) It's Blood
B) If you really want to refer to it as a colour, what is wrong with Purple?

whiteyzz
05-06-2015, 02:48 PM
Why do so many people call Blood Black?
A) It's Blood
B) If you really want to refer to it as a colour, what is wrong with Purple?

Call it whatever you want, blood is purple and okay wild is green, I guess we could fight over the colour of green? I would prefer if instead fighting over colours we could talk about what we want to see?

strylght
05-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Call it whatever you want, blood is purple and okay wild is green, I guess we could fight over the colour of green? I would prefer if instead fighting over colours we could talk about what we want to see?

Sure, I don't mean to moan at you directly, I'm just genuinely interested in this trend.
While I can understand calling Wild Green, it would be weird if people called it Yellow, right?

Svenn
05-06-2015, 03:03 PM

The problem is that people want to avoid any comparisons to another TCG. Hex has specific terms for the resources, so using terms from another game is kind of frowned upon.

whiteyzz
05-06-2015, 03:08 PM
The problem is that people want to avoid any comparisons to another TCG. Hex has specific terms for the resources, so using terms from another game is kind of frowned upon. Another TCG doesn't have colours it has lands

MTG: Mountains / Islands / Plains / Swamps / Forests

Hex: Ruby / Sapphire / Wild / Blood / Diamond

Lets go to deck ideas and themes before we give WOTC the thought to copyright colours.

QuartZ
05-06-2015, 04:05 PM
well, dont know if i got this right but there are tons of good decks in all colors combinations, at least double color
just looking at the first one, Ruby/Sapphire, we have multiple iterations of gorefeast decks that dominated meta for a while, we also have burn/actions decks
dwarf/artifacts is just one theme common to this 2 shards, same goes for other combinations

whiteyzz
05-06-2015, 06:55 PM
well, dont know if i got this right but there are tons of good decks in all colors combinations, at least double color
just looking at the first one, Ruby/Sapphire, we have multiple iterations of gorefeast decks that dominated meta for a while, we also have burn/actions decks
dwarf/artifacts is just one theme common to this 2 shards, same goes for other combinations

Yeah there is a ton of things to do with blue, red. Though humans can be built blue/red... It's possible to make anything if you put your heart on it like white/green Shin'hares. If I also had to take my guess white/green seems to be plants.

vickrpg
05-07-2015, 10:48 AM
I've had some success with Blood/Diamond/Wild Shin'hare as well.

Referring to blood as black doesn't bug me at all, as has been stated before, the other game doesn't have 'colors' but geographical locations with longer names that are shortened to colors. I personally don't say purple because it's longer than black. Notice all the others are a single syllable? that's why if we had yellow or orange, people would probably call it gold. English speakers tend towards shorter words whenever possible.

@whiteyzz, I'm not saying this to be mean, I have legitimate, diagnosed OCD. Elves, not elfs. It's Elves.

whiteyzz
05-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I've had some success with Blood/Diamond/Wild Shin'hare as well.

Referring to blood as black doesn't bug me at all, as has been stated before, the other game doesn't have 'colors' but geographical locations with longer names that are shortened to colors. I personally don't say purple because it's longer than black. Notice all the others are a single syllable? that's why if we had yellow or orange, people would probably call it gold. English speakers tend towards shorter words whenever possible.

@whiteyzz, I'm not saying this to be mean, I have legitimate, diagnosed OCD. Elves, not elfs. It's Elves.

Oh yeah the elves part is correct, I'm just annoyed how some people are just go oh ignore him because he calls wild = green, he obviously plays magic, and no other card game use short form for anything. (Fantasy Masters,Infinity Wars,Pox Nora) I mean we always hear about those split faction Savage Tundra Shattered Peaks decks cause that just rolls off the tip of the tongue say that 5 times fast! Nope they wouldn't call it ST/SP. Where as a Wild Blood deck doesn't really roll off the tongue, it sounds more like a deck name.

But I'm sorry if it did seem like I was attacking you

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42990&page=5

If you look at page 5 it's pretty much he's trying to connect it to magic, not just making it short and less of a cluster fuck of words. New players and Old players will understand Green/Red/White, people who just got into the game might go uh whats a blood deck?

strylght
05-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah the elves part is correct, I'm just annoyed how some people are just go oh ignore him because he calls wild = green, he obviously plays magic, and no other card game use short form for anything. (Fantasy Masters,Infinity Wars,Pox Nora) I mean we always hear about those split faction Savage Tundra Shattered Peaks decks cause that just rolls off the tip of the tongue say that 5 times fast! Nope they wouldn't call it ST/SP. Where as a Wild Blood deck doesn't really roll off the tongue, it sounds more like a deck name.

But I'm sorry if it did seem like I was attacking you

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42990&page=5

If you look at page 5 it's pretty much he's trying to connect it to magic, not just making it short and less of a cluster fuck of words. New players and Old players will understand Green/Red/White, people who just got into the game might go uh whats a blood deck?

Hey,
Obviously you're welcome to call them what you want and I don't think anyone is really serious about ignoring you because of this.
It does baffle me though, that green could be considered a shortcut way of saying wild and that green/black rolls off your tongue all that much smoother than wild/blood. But that's just a personal difference so, hey!

One thing I think is a bit more important though is where you say that a new player would be confused by someone calling blood blood. It would not be difficult to learn that blood is the name of one of the shards and really, new players should learn what things are actually called because it would be far more confusing for them in the long run to not learn that. They're certainly not going to understand what the heck you're going on about when you say black because, well, none of the shards are even black coloured!
I think calling blood black is REQUIRING new players to have come from a MtG background if they're going to understand what you mean.

vulture27
05-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Another TCG doesn't have colours it has lands

MTG: Mountains / Islands / Plains / Swamps / Forests

Hex: Ruby / Sapphire / Wild / Blood / Diamond

Lets go to deck ideas and themes before we give WOTC the thought to copyright colours.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you are spreading bad information. There have been colors in Magic for over 20 years. Here is the text from just one of many cards (bold added by me):

Pyrokinesis
Mana Cost:
4RedRed
Converted Mana Cost:
Types:
Instant
Card Text:
You may exile a red card from your hand rather than pay Pyrokinesis's mana cost.
Pyrokinesis deals 4 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures.

Your original post is filled with Magic terminology. Using Hex terms to describe Hex is just better for all parties.

strylght
05-07-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm not trying to be rude, but you are spreading bad information. There have been colors in Magic for over 20 years. Here is the text from just one of many cards (bold added by me):

Pyrokinesis
Mana Cost:
4RedRed
Converted Mana Cost:
Types:
Instant
Card Text:
You may exile a red card from your hand rather than pay Pyrokinesis's mana cost.
Pyrokinesis deals 4 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures.

Your original post is filled with Magic terminology. Using Hex terms to describe Hex is just better for all parties.

Glad someone could be bothered to find an example of this, haha.

RCDv57
05-08-2015, 09:10 AM
The Triumvirate has multiple thresholds.
And it gets has a sparkly twinkly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKrnQZvJ19A) background.
But its also the single most powerful troop in the game.

plaguedealer
05-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Why not update your post with my discussion that elementals are wild, diamond, sapphire, ruby :(. Elementals are not getting the attention they deserve.

Edit: I will go out on a limb and say that next year the main use of spectral lotus' will be for a elemental deck, mark my words :)

gjaustin
05-08-2015, 10:31 AM
There's also a Blood Elemental, but he's only in Uruunaz's deck.

So good luck with your Jovial Pippit :)

KingGabriel
05-08-2015, 11:29 AM
The Triumvirate has multiple thresholds.
And it gets has a sparkly twinkly (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKrnQZvJ19A) background.
But its also the single most powerful troop in the game.
Disregarding the obvious you mean? (Yeti)

whiteyzz
05-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Disregarding the obvious you mean? (Yeti)

Young Yeti, That unicornpooper is going for 10,000$ on the AH the last time I checked

Pyrokinesis
Mana Cost:
4RedRed
Converted Mana Cost:
Types:
Instant
Card Text:

Never really noticed colour TBH, but your right. I just name it off the colour of the cards, I guess you could debate blood is more purple.

Honestly I don't see whats wrong with calling them off the colour/gem. I would understand you guys getting pissed off if I called Ruby/Diamond, Boros, Red White Blue (was going to say patriot but that's a joke based off the colours). I honestly to this day I look at a card and see. Hey this is a red card, I use rubies to summon them.

whiteyzz
05-10-2015, 12:43 AM
-this is what I get for posting in 3:43 AM-