PDA

View Full Version : What may be the next Super Villain oversized core DC Deck Building theme?

Bomb
05-07-2015, 07:29 AM
I admit that I am a little raw on the history of a lot of DC Comics. I really enjoy the game and the themes without having read too many of the comics. That being said, what do you think the next core box will be for using Super Villain oversized cards?

I was thinking that Suicide Squad could be a really good fit considering the number of different Villains that could be used for oversized cards. What does anyone else think?

BenJazz
05-07-2015, 11:30 AM
I admit that I am a little raw on the history of a lot of DC Comics. I really enjoy the game and the themes without having read too many of the comics. That being said, what do you think the next core box will be for using Super Villain oversized cards?

I was thinking that Suicide Squad could be a really good fit considering the number of different Villains that could be used for oversized cards. What does anyone else think?

I imagine they may do that as a Crossover Pack. Otherwise that could be the next one. I don't know how well Forever Evil did in terms of sales and Crypto may use that as a decision tool for whether to do any more core boxes with Super-Villain character cards.

Bomb
05-08-2015, 08:17 AM
Oh man. I hope they did well. I really enjoyed what it brought to the game and like playing as super villains maybe a little more than super heroes.

gerrymul
05-08-2015, 11:36 AM
There are 2 issues I had with FE. The first was that it required an awful lot of upkeep to play compared to the 2 prior iterations, making it a somewhat less casual experience. The second was that, apart from the Man of Steel issue in the first game, there seemed to be a real tendency for 1 player to steamroll others in a game that isn't there for the first 2 versions (although an early game White Lantern Power Battery in HU generally is a game decider). Essentially, 9 times out of 10 the player who was able to buy Flash ended up buying at least half the Super Hero stack and winning by a handy margin. Basically with the difficulty in getting over a 5 or 6 power threshold early to mid-game the ability to draw lots of cards meant that player was better able to but the 7 cost cards from the lineup, and keep other player reeling. That being said, half the time I was able to buy the Flash, who should the next SH be but either Green Lantern or Shazam, forcing me to lose Flash. It still gets played in our group but much less frequently than HU.

Bomb
05-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Well, besides the card effects on cards in Forever Evil, would you be generally interested in the next oversized Super-Villain core box? My brothers and I do really enjoy Forever Evil, but I think we have a big interest in playing as The Joker or some other major super-villain that isn't represented in Forever Evil.

BenJazz
05-11-2015, 03:38 PM
That is actually why I like the Crossover packs. It is an easy way to get oversized character cards out without having to worry about doing a big box. I hope Crypto uses them to their advantage and releases more villain oversized characters this way.

Bomb
05-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I do enjoy having a new main deck as well quite a bit.

Mac_Apple
05-12-2015, 10:57 PM
I actually made an entire set for Crisis 3, printing paper copies and attaching them to extra Kicks... even relinquishing my intellectual property rights to it, Cryptozoic can't look at it. And quite frankly, I'm kind of glad. I'm proud of my work, but as was said before, Forever Evil competitive is already hard to upkeep. A Crisis set for it is infinitely harder. I might post it sometime for anyone interested. Since Crypto can't look at it, it would be nice for someone else to try it.

Arrojacast
10-22-2015, 07:20 PM
I admire your work...I do have some questions on some design
choices though?