PDA

View Full Version : PVE - roll on chests, or how to spend gold

madar
05-08-2015, 02:09 AM
So i tried to decide how to spend the gold what i get from the arena. I have some chests from various level, but i am not sure how is worth to spend gold on it for the roll, what is the level where you keep rolling on chest, and when you stop to roll.

I know the chests cannot be open yet, so we have no idea what the difference in the loot what can get from the different rarity of chests. But there is any difference on the other stuff what you can get from the rolling, if you roll on a rare or on a common chest? (other than the possibility of the upgrade ofc).

I have some legendary chests where i could roll for a large sum of gold - is it worth? This chests are upgradeable further? May i get something useful for this tons of amount of gold what i get less likely from other chest roll \ arena run?

Maybe i should just save the gold till the chests are openable, to see whats the difference in the loot to know if is worth to upgrade, or it's same items only what i get from the PVE runs too?

How do you spend the gold what you get? Rolling on chests, or buying packs or cards in the AH? Or just saving it?

Cernz
05-08-2015, 02:27 AM
nobody can give you a 100% correct answer if its worth rolling the chests or not.

i just roll common chest for now - until i know what is in the chests :)

also i did spend some gold to complete my playsets in the past.

btw. legendary chests can be upgraded to primal chests

Eetabee
05-08-2015, 05:18 AM
This is tough to answer at this stage in the beta. Like Cernz said, most roll chests primarily hoping for upgrades because we assume chest contents get significantly better as you go up. Is the difference in contents good enough to warrant that gold? No one knows yet.

I personally bought a few cards but mostly just roll common and uncommon chests. I am saving my rare and up rolls till we find out more about its value. It's pretty great rolling a chest and winning a vamp king. That is super rare though and I don't ever expect to be so lucky again.

Xenavire
05-08-2015, 05:40 AM
This is tough to answer at this stage in the beta. Like Cernz said, most roll chests primarily hoping for upgrades because we assume chest contents get significantly better as you go up. Is the difference in contents good enough to warrant that gold? No one knows yet.

I personally bought a few cards but mostly just roll common and uncommon chests. I am saving my rare and up rolls till we find out more about its value. It's pretty great rolling a chest and winning a vamp king. That is super rare though and I don't ever expect to be so lucky again.

I actually think Cernz was trying to say that rolls above common aren't worth it at this point (primals aside.) The reason being that you get a lot more chance at the items that matter (the AA's, PvE cards, equipment, and sleeves) when you save your gold for just commons. In other words, most people actually don't roll with upgrades in mind, they aim for the loot that matters right now. :p

That doesn't mean it won't be worth it later, but unless primals and legendary chests have insane loot, I would say stick to commons for the foreseeable future.

vickrpg
05-08-2015, 06:26 AM
Indeed. Just to echo what everyone is saying, With the information we have now, common (and uncommon) chests are worth rolling for the wheels of fate rewards, everything else is an unknown.

We do know that the Wheels of fate list is the same no matter the rarity of the chest. And we know the value you can get from Wheels of fate. So My advice is to roll all of your common chests, make an informed decision about your uncommon chests from what value you got from the commons, and then buy a playset of each AA from the store, maybe a couple to sell then hoard gold until chests are openable.

I personally already rolled all of my common/uncommon chests, and a few rares/legends before the arena came out. Now I'm working on extra AAs and gold to save.

Salverus
05-08-2015, 06:39 AM
do chests have to be rolled when opened? or can we also open unrolled chests in the future?

Warrender
05-08-2015, 06:48 AM
do chests have to be rolled when opened? or can we also open unrolled chests in the future?

You will be able to open unrolled chests but will then lose the ability to roll on that particular chest when you do.

Zophie
05-08-2015, 08:29 AM
I don't plan on opening any chests that can still be spun, so I am dumping 100% of my gold into spinning chests. I've done all my common/uncommons already and slowly working through the rares now.

Yoss
05-08-2015, 12:56 PM

I hope no one opens unspun chests. You will be able to trade, so trade the unspun one to someone who wants to spin, then buy (cheaper) one that's already spun out.

Assassine
05-08-2015, 01:58 PM
I miss tournament gold so much. I dont even get to spin the chests from my weekly draft ever since its removal. Spinning chests has tripled in price since arena release :(

DanTheMeek
05-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I've personally been holding out, sitting on my gold, waiting for chest opening (or at least more detail on what will be in chests at each rarity once it is implemented) before deciding on whether or not to buy AA commons or spin my chests, but it seems the announcement today that the AAs are going away is going to force my hand pretty soon. I really hope we have more info about chests before the AAs go away, even if the chest opening itself isn't implemented. Not that it'll be the end of the world if they don't, but grinding gold is a very slow process (at least for people like myself not running arena speed optimized perfect run decks), and I've got an awful lot of high rarity chests that need to be spun, so if the value of those chests is considerably more appealing to me then the AAs, I'm going to be kicking myself later when I have all these chests staring at me that I lack the gold to open because I spent all of my gold savings on AAs.