PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Cycles

Shaqattaq
05-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Greetings HEXers! This week, let’s talk about a few more wrinkles in the Armies of Myth set. You saw the three new keywords that build on the digital TCG space that HEX continues to define. Now, let’s take a look at some of the cycles you’ll see coming in the next set.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-cycles/

Rycajo
05-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Wow. Awesome.

Tribal Warfare at quick action speed is amazing!
Wish Ozawa's Dance hit troops in hand at least. Only hitting those still in the deck is rough.
Cerulean High Councilor is amazing in a deck with inspire.

I'm surprised the AA commons are moving on so soon, but I'm glad they gave us plenty of notice.

Vorsa
05-08-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm a bit confused how Cerulean High Counselor gets going, when he starts at cost 1 and you need another cost 1 in hand to activate him - Humans are not renowned for their quality cost 1 troops...

Interesting stuff, though. :)

bootlace
05-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Ozawa's Dance is going to open up some interesting decks with the CiP damage/mill effect gems. Also sounds particularly nasty with the Spellshield gem!

rjselzler
05-08-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm a bit confused how Cerulean High Counselor gets going, when he starts at cost 1 and you need another cost 1 in hand to activate him - Humans are not renowned for their quality cost 1 troops...

Note that it can be any troop, not just a human. Potentially bypassing threshold requirements (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/cardid=725&search=in+addition+to)and "in addition to" (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/cardid=725&search=in+addition+to) effects ( I know, Forge isn't a troop, but we could eventually see troops with that type of requirement) could be very powerful. Just my two cents.

Xenavire
05-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Note that it can be any troop, not just a human. Potentially bypassing threshold requirements (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/cardid=725&search=in+addition+to)and "in addition to" (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/cardid=725&search=in+addition+to) effects ( I know, Forge isn't a troop, but we could eventually see troops with that type of requirement) could be very powerful. Just my two cents.

Could be powerful? Sure. But if it ever becomes good it will just be a giant target, and a sitting duck, and the more you ramp, the more you stand to lose when it gets removed. The massive liability is going to prevent it ever being amazing, or at least that is my guess.

PvE though? Who knows.

rjselzler
05-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Could be powerful? Sure. But if it ever becomes good it will just be a giant target, and a sitting duck, and the more you ramp, the more you stand to lose when it gets removed. The massive liability is going to prevent it ever being amazing, or at least that is my guess.

PvE though? Who knows.

I agree. I was just pointing out that he isn't a niche Humans card. He certainly isn't an Aether Vial, but he does have some cute interaction with inspire.

Xenavire
05-08-2015, 04:38 PM
I agree. I was just pointing out that he isn't a niche Humans card. He certainly isn't an Aether Vial, but he does have some cute interaction with inspire.

Yeah, there is potential, but I don't think it will be realised in PvP for a long time, if ever.

Malicus
05-08-2015, 04:41 PM

Based on the wording with the ability not targeting anything in your hand and having the base effect of increasing the cost you should be able to active this regardless of what is in your hand so there should be no problems getting it going.

rjselzler
05-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah, there is potential, but I don't think it will be realised in PvP for a long time, if ever.

Definitely. It's also not the type of card I like to play constructed with. Since you mentioned PvE, I'd like to see this with items that give it Quick and Speed. That and Holiday would make for a fun PvE tempo deck. :D

darkwonders
05-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Time to buy 4 of each AA so they'll be worth more later :D

Mourad13
05-09-2015, 01:53 AM
I love Mind rake. Could be a good control card for blood/X aggro decks...
And Tribal warfare missed the line "and champion"..^^ OK maybe too strong :rolleyes:
Ozawa's dance is strong and mill/burn deck will love it.
I'm not impressed by cerulean high counselor but more cards like Starving lich and maybe could find some use..
Good spoilers and definitaly want to build with Ozawa's dance :cool:

Edit:After more thinking it will be challenging to build with Ozawas Dance but ...the art is so beautiful :o

poizonous
05-09-2015, 08:14 AM
Mourad just said exactly what I thought of when I seen High Counselor "Hey that would bypass Starving Lich threshold"

loopholist3
05-09-2015, 09:34 AM
My biggest question for Ozawa's Dance is, can 1 troop have 2 copies of the same gem effect?

Xenavire
05-09-2015, 09:41 AM
My biggest question for Ozawa's Dance is, can 1 troop have 2 copies of the same gem effect?

Of course - just look at Azurefate. Inspire a troop, bounce, replay the troop, double effect.

Just some suck stacked (spellshield 2x isn't needed. :p)

Lafoote
05-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Certainly there are a % of players who get more game time than me, but I play more than the 'casual' crowd. I'm not even close to having the gold required to pull a playset of AA cards yet. I find it terribly disappointing to see they are already closing in on a rotation date for them.

Xenavire
05-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Certainly there are a % of players who get more game time than me, but I play more than the 'casual' crowd. I'm not even close to having the gold required to pull a playset of AA cards yet. I find it terribly disappointing to see they are already closing in on a rotation date for them.

Well the safe assumption is the set 3 release date, which currently seems to be about a month away (roughly speaking, hard to know without anything definite.) That means they will have been live for close to 3 months by the time they cycle - even 1 arena run a day should be getting you close to enough gold for everything. Lowballing the numbers you could easily have 450000 or more gold for a single successful run per day. And that isn't even counting the Uruunaz chances.

People who really want to get sets will need to up their gametime or actually spend some money, because time is running out, but they have been there for quite a while already.

poizonous
05-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Is there a reason this article isnt on main page?

Phenteo
05-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Is there a reason this article isnt on main page?

You might need to refresh the home page. But it's there. :)

KingGabriel
05-10-2015, 02:54 AM
You might need to refresh the home page. But it's there. :)
With ctrl+f5/alt+f5 maybe, I forget which one refreshes caches.