PDA

View Full Version : Seaweed Behemoth using Storm Cloud Properly?

vickrpg
05-11-2015, 05:04 AM
Did I miss a memo? He actually got some stormlings!

http://s29.postimg.org/ncs3iempz/behemoth_stormlings.png

Edit: That's also one of my favorite arena decks =)

Xenavire
05-11-2015, 05:06 AM
He can occasionally use it properly - he always sacs it at the end of MP2 IIRC, so if he plays it, then anything gets him charges, he will get some stormlings.

Rare to see, but hey, it sure is nice to see it when it happens. :)

ossuary
05-11-2015, 05:36 AM
The most common way you'll see him get counters on a storm cloud is if he has both the cloud and a chlorophyllia in his hand. The AI generally plays troops first, actions second. He only appears to sacrifice storm cloud instantaneously because he usually doesn't have any valid actions to play in between. But with both of these in hand, he will... and if that chloro happens to proc his passive, I've had to face off against 5-6 stormlings at once, which just makes his deck even more nasty than it already is. ;)

strylght
05-11-2015, 05:40 AM
haha, wow, I've certainly never seen that!
EDIT:
5-6 stormlings at once
And DEFINITELY not that!

Also, perchance I could see a decklist or even just some more clues as to what it is? Wild is the Shard I have put least thought into in any context in my short career so I'm hungry for Wild ideas right now. Also, I need more excuses to drop the dosh on a Living Totem playset.

vickrpg
05-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Also, perchance I could see a decklist or even just some more clues as to what it is? Wild is the Shard I have put least thought into in any context in my short career so I'm hungry for Wild ideas right now. Also, I need more excuses to drop the dosh on a Living Totem playset.
Title: One Eyed Sight

Champion: One Eye Open

4x Howling Brave
*4x Genesis Pool Naiad
4x Living Totem
4x Droo's Colossal Walker
4x Repel
4x Soul Marble
4x Inner Conflict (Weapon Equip)
4x Pact of Life (Helm Equip)
3x Surge Mechanism
*2x Shiitake Chef (Sandals equip)
*2x Sight of the Sun
*1x Soul Cube (Trinket)

8x Diamond Shard
4x Shard of Life
8x Wild Shard

The point of the deck is to generate as many resources as possible and attack with Soul Armed troops/Droo's/Huge Totems. This is the deck that makes me wish there were a Hex equivalent of Hurricane. This deck has so many resource sinks (especially with the pact of life equip) and life gain that you will most certainly survive long enough vs the AI to do almost whatever you want. The hardest fight in the arena with it is war Bot, but he is easily beat with droo's/A single living totem. Xared can be tricky too, but if you get soul marble up quickly (I can get it turn 3-4 usually with no issues.) the tarantulas don't matter and the mill becomes the real threat. if You have a soul cube up, or a droo's he's totally beatable, but I've yet to see a deck that goes "Xared? pfft. Easy."

The champ ability is hilarity when you can use it to it's fullest potential. Sight of the sun and surge mechanism are made for each other.

*The Naiad, while useful, is really only in the deck because I don't have any more sights/shiitake/cubes. Every additional one of those I get, I would remove 1 naiad. Possible go down on pacts as well. Ideally, 3 sights, 4 chefs and 2-3 cubes. I also tried Wild root dancer with the equip in here, but the dual threshold was actually hurting. Also, the Shiitake's feet equip is just so much better for this deck, but it was a real tossup. if you remove the chefs and go with Root dancers, the pump is very nice, but I feel that it doesn't ramp as fast, unless you have your whole combo set up. (sight, pact, root dancer, + another troop to pump) The chef's allow it to pump/ramp/heal on every turn makes it better on its own, thus more consistent according to my testing.

That's no budget deck though, aside from the removal and the Braves, everything's rare+

Also, wild is my favorite shard. And wild/diamond seems to have so much synergy it's my favorite to play around in.

strylght
05-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Thanks for that vickrpg, some interesting food for thought for me with that deck. Some good Wild/Diamond synergy I hadn't seen.