PDA

View Full Version : Most Difficult Tier

RobHaven
05-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Forgive me if this has already been discussed - I don't remember seeing it. My question is this: What is your nightmare Arena tier? What is the group of 5 you least want to encounter?

For my ruby rush deck, my five would be:
- Ballistics Expert
- Eldritch Dreamer
- Paladin of Naagaan
- Wild Root Dancer
- Xarlox

DrakarT
05-11-2015, 09:52 PM
I would change eldritch for the nelebrin scout because he just not only kills your troops... He also bugs your game

Mejis
05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
I would change eldritch for the nelebrin scout because he just not only kills your troops... He also bugs your game

Agreed.

I actually don't have much difficulty with Naagaan using my super Orc rush deck.

I might be rocking the boat here, but lately I've seen Construct Foreman dish out some impressive games. I've always considered him a fun but "auto win" game, but in the last few days I lost to him once and got almost crushed a second time. Could just be chance, but I like to hope Chris W is working through and tweaking the AI slowly but surely.

I could also be tempted to switch Wild Root with War Bot.

Sparrow
05-11-2015, 10:56 PM
For the deck I've been running lately, the only one in the OP's list that gives me occasional trouble is Xarlox. Besides that, War Bot is troublesome, but only because I don't like having that one encounter define the deck I play. Maybe if I had more cards in my collection, I'd have more options, though.

RE: Construct Foreman, I don't think anything has changed there. He's still the easiest one to beat outside of tier 1.

Edit: Actually, I guess he's tied for easiest along with the Coyotle one and either the witch or the enchantress -- I can't remember which, I get them confused.

Khazrakh
05-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Edit: Actually, I guess he's tied for easiest along with the Coyotle one and either the witch or the enchantress -- I can't remember which, I get them confused.

Both the witch and the enchantress do nothing most of the time but can be super deadly if they get a good draw.
Every once in a while the enchantress voids all non dragon cards followed be reducing your ressources by 4/4 - that's usually good game.
The Witch I considered to be an auto win for quite some time because she never seemed to do anything. Well, the other day I had her down to 3 while I was still at 20. She dropped here 5th ressource, played a Rampaging Tarasque followed by 2 Heroic Outlaws for free socketed with "when this enters play deal X damage to target opposing champion" AND speed. Well - that was 24 damage right to the face from an emtpy board... ;)

Salverus
05-12-2015, 12:24 AM
For me it is:

- Ballistics Expert (if he gets several war machinists or troops with his champion power on the board)
- Paladin of Naagaan (if he gets an early adamanth scrivener or a soothing breeze challenge)
- Nelebrin Scout (if you can not kill him before he has 5 charges)
- Ruby enchantress (if her random ruby power becomes a power of zakiir)
- Xarlox (Always, except when he is shard screwed

vickrpg
05-12-2015, 06:57 AM
I have had 0 trouble with any of the above encounters. (except Xarlox)
This is my Nightmare tier:
-War Bot
-War Bot
-War Bot
-War Bot
-Xarlox

Kami
05-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Most difficult tier:

- Ballistics Expert
- Paladin of Naagaan
- War Bot
- Urunaaz
- Xarlox

(Honourable Mention: Avalanche Giant)

Xenavire
05-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Right now my lineup would be:

1) War Bot. A bad play vs him can severely cost you.
2) Paladin of Naagaan, with nourishment challenge - this requires a god draw to beat, 9/10.
3) Hero of Adamanth. A bit of a rogue pick, but this guy can do insane things, plus when his health bugs out that makes your only wincon mill.
4) Uruunaz. Love him or hate him, with the current combination of champs he is just adding to the chance of you being obliterated.
5) Xarlox. Early Word of Xentoth chains make this guy super scary.

Now, when the arena is fully fixed, with less AI misplays? Thats a different story, and I am betting Emberspire Witch would be the biggest threat to throw against control, and mixing her in with War Bot, Paladin, Uruunaz and Xarlox would be scary, to say the least.

MatWith1T
05-12-2015, 08:19 AM
I'd throw seaweed behemoth in the conversation here because it only takes a little bit of stall or a missed resource for him to just spiral out of control... His only saving grace is the free turn he gives you with his buggy Storm Cloud. But I still fear him more than Eldritch, Adamanth or Root Dancer

RobHaven
05-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Most difficult tier:

- Ballistics Expert
- Paladin of Naagaan
- War Bot
- Urunaaz
- Xarlox

(Honourable Mention: Avalanche Giant)

I forgot about Urunaaz. I would replace Wild Root in the original list.

Roy_G
05-12-2015, 11:21 AM
I would happily run into Uruunaz everytime if possible,the problem is he doesn't show up.

Xenavire
05-12-2015, 11:40 AM
I would happily run into Uruunaz everytime if possible,the problem is he doesn't show up.

Oh, for sure, but this is the most difficult, not who we hate to fight. :p

Oroniss
05-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Based on who I lose to the most often -

Ballistics Expert
Paladin of Naagaan
Hero of Adamanth
Nelebrin Scout

Xarlox - though I haven't had too much trouble with him lately.

Honorable mentions - ruby enchantress and war bot.

Basically the high RNG champions are a pain, since they are either easy, or impossible, with very few interesting fights in the middle.

Jemy000
05-12-2015, 07:16 PM
This is my Nightmare tier:
-War Bot
-War Bot
-War Bot
-War Bot
-Xarlox

This, absolutely. War bot is the only foe I have to consider every time I start building a new deck. So obnoxious.

Gorgol
05-12-2015, 09:14 PM
War Bot
Avenging Angel
Ballistics Expert
Uruunaz
Xarlox

Kramer
05-13-2015, 01:48 PM
Who is this Uruunaz you speak of? I have done over 100 runs and have not seem him yet.

Unless I am playing an Artifact/Dwarf Deck, Warbot consistently is the most difficult.

Most diffiult boss is Xarlox by far.

All others mentioned are not difficult imo.

Laggi
05-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Who is this Uruunaz you speak of? I have done over 100 runs and have not seem him yet.

Unless I am playing an Artifact/Dwarf Deck, Warbot consistently is the most difficult.

All of this, except I've done maybe 70-90 full runs only.

Saeijou
05-13-2015, 02:16 PM
it always depends which deck i'm playing :)

xarlox is the worst i guess... war bot can be annoying sometimes and behemoth, when i'm to slow :)

Phenteo
05-13-2015, 02:31 PM

I looked through your history and there was at least one game where Uruunaz was there.

Gwaer
05-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Don't tell people that, it's just mean.

Zophie
05-13-2015, 02:33 PM
I've only seen Uruunaz once, he was not very nice to me :(

Phenteo
05-13-2015, 02:35 PM
I've only seen Uruunaz once, he was not very nice to me :(

You'll get him next time!

Fyren
05-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Nelebrin Scout
Blood Sphinx
Ballistic Expert if he gets out his War Machinists
War Bot if I'm not doing Dwarves
Xarlox

Honorable mention to Eldritch Dreamer for not being difficult so much as extremely annoying with a tendency to drag out games.

Xenavire
05-13-2015, 02:45 PM
I looked through your history and there was at least one game where Uruunaz was there.

Please don't tell them how many times I met him. I would hate to see that particular reaction...

rjselzler
05-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Phenteo
DataDragon
Chark
Shaqattaq

Princess Cory (pre-April Fools nerf (https://hextcg.com/hex-update-confessionals/))

Phenteo
05-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Phenteo
DataDragon
Chark
Shaqattaq

Princess Cory (pre-April Fools nerf (https://hextcg.com/hex-update-confessionals/))

That would be a tough tier! ;)

whiteyzz
05-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Honestly I don't find the fights hard (never tried Uruunaz).

But the fights I find if you don't get a decent hand are pretty much going to lose (aka you have to be doing stuff around turn 2-3 to push them back and crush them)

[Easiest]
- Paladin (Once he gets more life then you it's pretty much game if a guy with life link gets it. But again he's too slow versus an aggro deck so by the time he can use his power he has less life then you and it's down hill from there)
- War bot (have to deal with constant board exiles)
- Angel (can be annoying if it get's it early 4/4 flying/steadfast early)
- Xarlox (Rng fight the game, but suffers from having so little creatures, other then his spider eggs his creatures are easily dealt with)
- Orc Legendary, he's one of those people if you out aggro him he's trash, he out aggro's you when he gets 4 shards he's just a pain in the ass. With his active and passive power if you don't have a lot of creatures he just spirals way out of control
[Hardest]

I mean i wont lie when adding a few cards to Orc (aka Brutal Commander and the other orc legendary) so 8 cards and a few more commons and uncommon here and there. Will make your deck pretty much into a constant perfect 20/0 arena crushing team.

Arena is a good starting area which in it's design if you needed T1 decks would be kinda horrible.

But AI wise they're have some problems

1. They don't like using ability powers correctly

A. Dark Servant never uses it's mana to pump itself up

B. The Cloud never let's it owner build up charges to make the sprites

C. They always see the 1/1 who has sac it becomes a 5/5 until end of turn as a 1/1 and will furiously send 1/2's, 2/2's, ect after you with no remorse

D. They do not understand crush and how to block against it. I won a game against the orc boss where he should've won if he blocked with 6 2/1's since he was at 1 hp... but nope send a single 2/1 to block my 6/3 crush

2. They too easily fall into aggro's trap.

AI Problem 1: I wont swing cause I'm too low hp

AI Problem 2: I wont block because the creature is too big

AI Problem 3: Now i have to block or I'm dead

This is the AI with aggro decks. they will only throw a 1/1 in it's face if it means lethal damage.

Oh not to mention games where i should've lost because of rngesus. I wont because they don't understand crush.

Diesbudt
05-13-2015, 04:10 PM
My hardest tier?

_________
_________
_________
_________
Xarlox.

Outside Xarlox they are all easy/unthreatening to me.

Gwaer
05-13-2015, 04:38 PM
I'm honestly not concerned by any of them. I've lost to xarlox maybe 3 times ever, and that's pretty consistent with any other encounter. They're all manageable as far as I'm concerned.

Fyren
05-13-2015, 08:23 PM
I'm honestly not concerned by any of them. I've lost to xarlox maybe 3 times ever, and that's pretty consistent with any other encounter. They're all manageable as far as I'm concerned.

To be fair, the question was "Which are the Most Difficult," not "Whether or not you find any of them difficult."

Unless you have absolutely equal perceived winrates against all of them? :3

Saeijou
05-14-2015, 04:18 PM

what deck are you running?

exiledtyrant
05-14-2015, 05:01 PM
1.Paladin of Naagan
2. Warbot
3. Xarlox
4. Eldritch dreamer
5. Avenging angel

1. Paladin is the only boss I've had go from 2 health and losing to 40 health and crushing over and over again. He also magically pulls every vampire king his deck has when i'm about to win. AND YOU GET A VAMPIRE KING AND YOU GET A VAMPIRE KING AND YOU....:rolleyes:

2. His passive is to volatile. Sometimes it never goes off other time he plays it every other turn.

3. Xarlox is more luck based than Princess Cory expect all the luck falls down to you. He's got swarm, control, and mill all wrapped up in just about everything he plays. Those 5/5 bugs need to get some consequences at the very least.

4. Just an awful deck to face with non flying.

5. He's on a pretty short timer with his angel, multiple flying cards, and angel of dawn. They can all come together for some game deciding hands.

Honorable mention Ballistics and the Robomancer. Those bots get off fast. Especially when you can exhaust them for a construction counter and commit to a block.

Gwaer
05-14-2015, 05:04 PM
what deck are you running?

I've run lots of decks. Though the first deck I ran while getting comfortable with all the bosses was the cheap dwarves arena deck. After I beat uruunaz I started running mono blood a lot with his cards. Pretty much the only archetype I've never tried in the arena is a bury focused one.

Selanius
05-15-2015, 02:13 AM
Nelebrin Scout
Paladin of Naagaan
War Bot
Urunaaz
Xarlox

Laggi
05-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Do me! Do me!

I think I have seen him once when I started the runs, but I had no idea about the bosses in arena and just kept losing, so I'm not sure if I actually saw him.

israel.kendall
05-16-2015, 11:35 AM

http://i.imgur.com/GLDruYC.jpg

Laggi
05-18-2015, 11:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GLDruYC.jpg

I ain't never gonna spot! (Pun intended, while being the sad truth =( )