PDA

View Full Version : Is HEX Going To Be At GenCon?

LiquidFlame
05-13-2015, 06:09 AM
The event list is live on GenCon's site, but I didn't see anything for HEX. Is it going to be at GenCon?

hex_colin
05-13-2015, 06:10 AM
The event list is live on GenCon's site, but I didn't see anything for HEX. Is it going to be at GenCon?

Historically the HEX events have been posted much nearer the time of the event.

LiquidFlame
05-13-2015, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the answer

Xenavire
05-13-2015, 07:35 AM
It does seem likely thst they will try, but Gencon may be trying to move (not sure there was enough warning to do it this year). So I think it will be confirmed late as Colin said, even if it would be considered a given normally.

Yoss
05-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Will this be the year where online attendance is a thing? Third time's the charm?

Xenavire
05-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Will this be the year where online attendance is a thing? Third time's the charm?

I doubt it, although I hope so. IIRC the big barrier was resources, time management, and (in the case of streaming) sorting out the technical side. All those would be easier for Hexcon I believe.

Although if by online attendance, you mean isolated to playing the game during the event time... Maybe? It is starting to look like someone is going to lose a bet...

ossuary
05-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Don't count on it. GenCon internet access is idiotically expensive. It's not feasible for most smaller companies to get good internet access and stream content live.

Gwaer
05-13-2015, 09:53 AM
I'll be at gencon, if someone wants to buy me a go-pro I'll take POV gencon videos =) I bought one last year, but changed my mind and immediately returned it.

Yoss
05-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Don't count on it. GenCon internet access is idiotically expensive. It's not feasible for most smaller companies to get good internet access and stream content live.

I'm talking about earning the rewards in-client while others are earning them live. Like if there's a merc to earn from winning a draft. I'm not talking about streaming of live content from the event.

nicosharp
05-13-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm talking about earning the rewards in-client while others are earning them live. Like if there's a merc to earn from winning a draft. I'm not talking about streaming of live content from the event.
Would be nice, but also don't see this happening anytime soon. Seems like we are still a ways away from some form of event implementation to make these rewards and previous GenCon rewards that we were told could be earned in-game, easily obtainable.

Xenavire
05-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Would be nice, but also don't see this happening anytime soon. Seems like we are still a ways away from some form of event implementation to make these rewards and previous GenCon rewards that we were told could be earned in-game, easily obtainable.

Well, in-game events have been happening since December, so most, if not all of tech is ready. It is more about the free side having a fair shot (read, at least a method of dropping without it being convoluted or exclusionary) which they said they wanted to have. Sure, they could just add it to the drops list in arena, but what would be the catch to limit the rarity/encourage people to spend money on drafting? Insane rarity? Only dropping off perfect runs? Dropped by Uruunaz?

There doesn't seem to be a fair and reliable way of implementing it right now, which I suspect to be the main hold-up. If they have a plan in place to avoid that issue, then we could just see it this time around.