PDA

View Full Version : Hex on the RPC (Role Play Covention) in Köln

Oli
05-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Anybody going there?
Looks like Cory is promoting Hex there the entire weekend.
http://de.hex.gameforge.com/news.html?p=1029#/

Assassine
05-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Wish i would have known earlier, then i could be there on saturday. Either way, going there on sunday!

Also, for those that do not know, Köln = Cologne

bootlace
05-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Would have liked to have heard about this in advance as well (and possibly tried to attend), why was it only announced last night and in German and on an external site? :S

Kroan
05-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Would have liked to have heard about this in advance as well (and possibly tried to attend), why was it only announced last night and in German and on an external site? :S

1) It's not external. It's the gameforge page. Gameforge is hosting the booth, not HexEnt.
2) It's in Germany and Gameforge is a German company
3) I'm not sure where you live, but I am assuming America. Taking a flight that takes more than 2-3 hours would not have been worth it. It's an awesome event, but not very big.

In the end I would have liked to hear something about it earlier too, but in the end the booth is meant to attract new players :) Cory went there last minute from what I could gather.

In any case. I made a last-minute call and drove there to meet the one and only Cory. Hex had a big booth with about 10 PC's to play Hex on. There were gameforge people introducing people to Hex. You could also take your picture and it was printed out as a hex card, which was sweet.
http://i.imgur.com/2amGV05.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Bn2TqYm.jpg

Of course the main attraction for me was meeting Cory. Was awesome talking to him about everything in the game, including art, PvE and some secret stuff. The future of HEX is going to be awesome!!!
http://i.imgur.com/zUROOHC.jpg

Besides that there was an exclusive sleeve that you got on the booth. Cory is giving some away on twitter and I also snatched a couple of extra to give away through the Hex Rock League.
http://i.imgur.com/beIrA5r.png

All in all it was cool to see Hex getting so much attention and it was easily the best stand on the convention.

I think Cirouss will post some more info later on, since he was there the whole day (I was there half a day). So keep an eye out for that :)

Xenavire
05-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Had I known in advance I could have potentially managed to attend, and gotten those sweet sleeves. A shame, and this is the second time I have missed Cory due to lack of warning! I swear that man is avoiding me. ;)

Cirouss
05-16-2015, 01:33 PM
I was at the RPC, I will release some info soon and most info on my stream on monday, maybe with an additional youtube video explaining things, I am SUPER excited and had an awesome day! Was GREAT to meet you kroan! :D

Edit: I will start posting some pictures now on my twitter, not too much HEX related stuff yet, that is to follow!

Kroan
05-16-2015, 01:36 PM
I was at the RPC, I will release some info soon and most info on my stream on monday, maybe with an additional youtube video explaining things, I am SUPER excited and had an awesome day! Was GREAT to me you kroan! :D

Yeah man. Don't forget to send me that picture of us as well. Or tweet it and link me in it :D

Axle
05-16-2015, 01:36 PM
That Sleeve is so good. So sad I can never go to any HEX events (even the American ones) due to living in Canada. Not the most drive-able distance.

Gwaer
05-16-2015, 01:46 PM
I'll trade someone gencon sleeve code for those sleeve code =P

Kami
05-16-2015, 01:58 PM
I'll give someone a Set 1 Primal for one of those sleeves.... :D

Gwaer
05-16-2015, 02:00 PM

*sigh* set 1 primal, and gencon sleeves. Go find your own place to mooch sleeves kami!

Ertzi
05-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Holy... Those are awesome sleeves. 1000 plat immediately in-game, if anyone has a spare that they want to sell. Might even go higher. PM if interested.

Kami
05-16-2015, 02:01 PM
*sigh* set 1 primal, and gencon sleeves. Go find your own place to mooch sleeves kami!

Set 1 Primal and 5x Set 2 packs. :D

Ertzi
05-16-2015, 02:02 PM

Haha! Ninja'd with a better offer :D Nice.

Ertzi
05-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Okay, how's this: AA Goremaster AND AA Succulent Cluckodon for those sleeves.

Gwaer
05-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Set 1 Primal and 5x Set 2 packs. :D

This + gencon sleeves =P

Ertzi
05-16-2015, 02:09 PM
OR I will straight-up swap an AA Guardian Angel for those sleeves. I really want them.

Kroan
05-16-2015, 02:10 PM
As far as I know these are the best chance if you can't attend RPC

1) Follow Cory on twitter. He might throw more codes on there at any moment, but most likely in the morning tomorrow (GMT+2)
2) Join the Hex Rock League :D
3) Keep an eye out on fiveshards.com for giveaways
4) Follow streamers like Cirouss and Pentachills. I think Cirouss might be giving away some on his stream Monday. (Don't quote me on that... well do... in his chat... saying I promised)

Cirouss
05-16-2015, 02:10 PM
I created an interview with cory, I will raffle away 5 of those sleeves in that video once I have it (the sound needs to be fixed first), I expect a release of that interview tomorrow. Also You will find those sleeves among streamers in some time as well, just be patient :)

Kami
05-16-2015, 02:11 PM
This + gencon sleeves =P

Set 1 Primal, 50 Set 1 packs, 10 Set 2 packs then. Yeah, I went there. :D

This is starting to turn into a Sleeves race. *lol*

At this rate, physical event only exclusives will be worth more than the majority of things beyond AA and Kickstarter exclusives.

Gwaer
05-16-2015, 02:12 PM

Pretty sure I have more set 1 packs than you... So I'll do this +gencon sleeves =P

Ertzi
05-16-2015, 02:13 PM

Okay, you got 'em :D I don't need them THAT bad. Glad to know there are crazier collectors than me out there :)

Kami
05-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Pretty sure I have more set 1 packs than you... So I'll do this +gencon sleeves =P

Oh? Let's make this good for the community then.

Set 1 primal, 100 Set 1 packs, 25 Set 2 packs.

Muahahaha....

Kroan
05-16-2015, 02:15 PM

Muahahaha....

If you donate them to the Hex Rock League, I'll send a code your way!

Gwaer
05-16-2015, 02:18 PM
Ok, Kami, you can get them from kroan, I will turn to other sources!

Ertzi
05-16-2015, 02:18 PM
If you donate them to the Hex Rock League, I'll send a code your way!

Do you want a $50 cash prize money for Hex Rock League via PayPal? :)

Kami
05-16-2015, 02:20 PM
Ok, Kami, you can get them from kroan, I will turn to other sources!

It's okay. I'll give away more stuff again in the future. :D

Diesbudt
05-16-2015, 04:38 PM

Muahahaha....

Wow. lol

bootlace
05-16-2015, 05:13 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

Kramer
05-16-2015, 05:36 PM
I will pay $50 US or 6,000 in game platinum to anyone who wants to PM me a Buccanner Sleeve Code? Thanks.

Gorgol
05-17-2015, 12:47 AM
I'll do 8k in game platinum for a Buccaneer sleeve code. Sadly I don't have any cash to offer :(

Cernz
05-17-2015, 01:13 AM
i dont know why, but i was able to snatch such a nice sleeve today :D im super happy !!!

Ertzi
05-17-2015, 03:34 AM
(sorry for this sidenote)

Kroan, you have exceeded your private message quota, so please delete some messages from your inbox, because I want to contact you via PM. Thank you :)

(continue with the thread)

Cirouss
05-17-2015, 04:13 AM
As I mentioned, just be patient with the bucc sleeves, there will be several ways to win them from streams, fansites and so on :) I created a thread and uploaded the interview video with Cory and I am going to raffle 5 of those sleeves away in the video to start with. You can find info about it here: https://twitter.com/CirousStream/status/599893077436846080

Cirouss

NaryaDL0re
05-17-2015, 04:32 AM
Damn those announcements as well q.q ... I would have attended 100% if I had known. just a 5 hour drive away. What a timing for me to know...

Assassine
05-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Just returned from RPC. I met Cory, hurray \o/
I probably bothered him way too much, but it was great talking to him and the other GF people about the game.

Also brought an extra sleeve code :P

Valoisian
05-17-2015, 12:26 PM
I want to thank a certain Princess for giving me a Buccin' code. Awesome!

Pheelon
05-18-2015, 03:24 AM
damn missed it - ahh well fishing that WE was nice too...

ossuary
05-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Damn, I missed all the fun. That'll teach me to take my wife somewhere nice and "unplugging" for our anniversary. Next year it's Chinese food and browsing the forums, baby! ;)

Saeijou
05-18-2015, 10:36 AM
I will pay $50 US or 6,000 in game platinum to anyone who wants to PM me a Buccanner Sleeve Code? Thanks.

Wow... and that's why I don't like that there are exclusive sleeves :/ I can't effort stuff like that T.T

I hope they will be available somewhen... but they said the exclusive sleeves stay exclusive... bummer

N3rd4Christ
05-18-2015, 12:19 PM
Sleeves are sleeves. They have 0 advantage of you have them. This is the stuff I'm ok people paying $50 because it gives them 0 advantage.

Assassine
05-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Plus, its already impossible to collect all of them anyway.

Thoom
05-18-2015, 12:56 PM
The thing that bums me out about convention exclusives is that people are advantage/disadvantaged by geography.

I live thousands of miles from Köln, and it would have cost me $2000 just to get there and back. Likewise, Europeans are heavily disadvantaged for Gencon sleeves.

People who don't live near Germany, Indianapolis, or Los Angeles are just screwed all around.

Kroan
05-18-2015, 12:59 PM
The thing that bums me out about convention exclusives is that people are advantage/disadvantaged by geography.

I live thousands of miles from Köln, and it would have cost me $2000 just to get there and back. Likewise, Europeans are heavily disadvantaged for Gencon sleeves.

People who don't live near Germany, Indianapolis, or Los Angeles are just screwed all around.
In the ends, these exclusive don't influence the gameplay at all... In fact you can't even play with them. Just don't see them as a collectible but rather as a nice-to-have... It will make your life much more enjoyable... Because you can't own them all anyway. No-one can have all the sleeves in the game.

Thoom
05-18-2015, 01:16 PM
It's not the end of the world, it's just a bit of a bummer.

ossuary
05-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Even Colin is incapable of owning every single sleeve in the game, and it this point his total bankroll put in is probably nearing an order of magnitude above Producer Tier (what with all the other tiers he bought, all the donations and flights he's paid for, contests, sponsorships, etc.). People really need to stop thinking of them as collectibles, that's really all there is to it. But I'll happily sell any spares codes I luck into to anyone who really wants to keep looking at them that way. :)

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Even Colin is incapable of owning every single sleeve in the game, and it this point his total bankroll put in is probably nearing an order of magnitude above Producer Tier (what with all the other tiers he bought, all the donations and flights he's paid for, contests, sponsorships, etc.). People really need to stop thinking of them as collectibles, that's really all there is to it. But I'll happily sell any spares codes I luck into to anyone who really wants to keep looking at them that way. :)

Well, if you ignore the other gardens, Colin could potentially have every sleeve as of now. The only time where he won't be able to have all the sleeves is when they implement the primal and higher custom sleeves (which hasn't happened yet as far as I know), or if there are more Exalted players announced (which doesn't seem likely for the foreseeable future, as there are no stand-outs that are readily apparent and the program is largely ignored from what we can tell. :p)

But yeah, eventually there will be so many unobtainable sleeves that it won't matter. You should really only aim for the ones you really like the art of (which actually is hard, since so much art is amazing!)

Kroan
05-18-2015, 03:11 PM
Well, if you ignore the other gardens, Colin could potentially have every sleeve as of now. The only time where he won't be able to have all the sleeves is when they implement the primal and higher custom sleeves (which hasn't happened yet as far as I know), or if there are more Exalted players announced (which doesn't seem likely for the foreseeable future, as there are no stand-outs that are readily apparent and the program is largely ignored from what we can tell. :p)

You are forgetting the Developer-sleeves and the sleeves that only players on the South American servers have. :P

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 03:17 PM
You are forgetting the Developer-sleeves and the sleeves that only players on the South American servers have. :P

First of all - no, I said excluding the other gardens, so I had the LU and any Perfect World sleeves covered. And secondly, dev sleeves are a given - they are dev exclusive. We are talking about obtainable sleeves. ;)

Assassine
05-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Dev sleeves are obtainable - become a dev :p

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Dev sleeves are obtainable - become a dev :p

Unobtainable on a player account. Fairly sure new accounts are made when someone is a dev.

Assassine
05-18-2015, 03:24 PM
i could say nobody said you need to have all sleeves on the same account :p But yeah, i guess youre right.

Kroan
05-18-2015, 03:31 PM
First of all - no, I said excluding the other gardens, so I had the LU and any Perfect World sleeves covered. And secondly, dev sleeves are a given - they are dev exclusive. We are talking about obtainable sleeves. ;)

Even if in another garden, they're still in the client. But yeah, also the exalted sleeves which will be only obtainable for one person as well as the custom made sleeves people were promised from the KS.

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Even if in another garden, they're still in the client. But yeah, also the exalted sleeves which will be only obtainable for one person as well as the custom made sleeves people were promised from the KS.

Actually, without datamining, we have no way to know what is or isn't in the client anymore. :p

And my point was simply that Colin could have every sleeve right now that could be obtained by a single player in the US/EU garden. Assuming he bought all the unique sleeve tiers. :p

bootlace
05-18-2015, 03:37 PM
You can also have all the sleeves if you buyout the company, lets please not forget that possibility xD

Zubrin
05-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Thanks to Cirouss, we are going to be able to give out several of these sleeves over the next few weeks. As such, if you are interested in the bucc sleeves, you may have opportunities to gain them through FiveShards articles, the 2 Turns Ahead podcast (next week), and as a random door prize for the Blood Cup.

Keep your eyes open!

Zubrin
05-21-2015, 09:38 AM
There is a comment contest on Mokog's latest article on fiveshards and we are giving away three sleeves in the blood cup. We have about 6-7 more on the way, so keep looking.