PDA

View Full Version : Set 3 Speculation

YourOpponent
05-16-2015, 05:41 AM
From what we know about Set 3 it seems like it is mostly focused around tribal decks such as: Humans, Elves, Orcs etc; So does this mean there might be more tribal cards like Forge of Cadoc introduced to help cover the main tribes? Maybe something such as:

Shin'Haar Burial Cloth
Cost: 0 (but you need a blood threshold)
Type: Constant
Effect: As an additional cost to play this sacrifice a Shin'Haar from your hand. Choose to gain a wild or a blood threshold.
Rarity: Rare
Tap ability: Gain [1/0]

Steelio
05-16-2015, 05:50 AM
They will introduce cards for the other tribes, but the other tribes will not be the focus of the set. Whether we see more Forge of Cadoc type cards is an open question - I would like to see a rare which makes Shin'Hare viable [which can be played in response to board clear.]

Bmon
05-16-2015, 07:26 AM
YourOpponent, I think they will make a few tribal cards to help out the original four tribes. The burial cloth looks like a pretty cool card which fits in with the whole Shin'hare sacrificing themselves to advance the swarm idea. It might need to sacrifice a shin'hare from the board rather than discard from the hand to make thematic sense though.

Steelio, that card exists already and is called Monsuun. Shin'hare aren't viable as an archetype because most Shin'hare cards aren't constructed viable to begin with. Why play something like Uzume for 6 cost when you could play Reese for 2 and get a better effect? Same with any individual shin'hare - you would rather play a troop which can win the game by itself like Vampire King than most any Shin'hare troop.

YourOpponent
05-16-2015, 08:11 AM
YourOpponent, I think they will make a few tribal cards to help out the original four tribes. The burial cloth looks like a pretty cool card which fits in with the whole Shin'hare sacrificing themselves to advance the swarm idea. It might need to sacrifice a shin'hare from the board rather than discard from the hand to make thematic sense though.

Steelio, that card exists already and is called Monsuun. Shin'hare aren't viable as an archetype because most Shin'hare cards aren't constructed viable to begin with. Why play something like Uzume for 6 cost when you could play Reese for 2 and get a better effect? Same with any individual shin'hare - you would rather play a troop which can win the game by itself like Vampire King than most any Shin'hare troop.

I actually thought of it having to sacrifice a Shin'Haar, but figured that it would combo better with Mon'Suun if it didn't. This is because it focuses on the aggro of Shin'Haar this way for speed early in the game while still having potential for interesting combos. For example if you had Mon'Suun tunneled and a troop that you just put into play got time rippled. Then you could Use Burial Cloth to discard that card...meaning when that Mon'Suun went into play it would put that card back into play without having to play it from your hand :)

Not to mention this way makes it possible to start off with a turn 1 tunneled Shin'Haar.

PureVapes
05-16-2015, 08:40 AM
Constants don't have exhaust abilities, but what you're looking for is basically Hideous Conversion on steroids. Forge is a flavorful legendary so it's highly unlikely they'll make a very similar card any time soon, especially for a different tribe.

Lukezors
05-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Constants don't have exhaust abilities, but what you're looking for is basically Hideous Conversion on steroids. Forge is a flavorful legendary so it's highly unlikely they'll make a very similar card any time soon, especially for a different tribe.

They could do constants with exhaust abilities in the future though

Voormas
05-16-2015, 05:40 PM
I speculate that limited is going to have a much slower pace, basing that on the cost/effect of what we've seen so far

poizonous
05-16-2015, 06:21 PM
Constants with exhaust abilities are known as artifacts. Constants wont have exhaust abilities because then they basically become as slow as an artifact with an exhaust ability. Constant abilities are meant to be able to happen the turn they enter play

eimerian
05-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Feralroot Acorn makes me hope we get a cycle of tribal dual shards in set 3.

What if Pupil of Creation is the first card in a cycle of set 1 sorceries on a stick?
Pupil of Creation is a sort of worse Eye of Creation on a stick.
We might get Puil cards of Extinction, Mastery of time, Gorefeast and so on.

Xenavire
05-16-2015, 06:37 PM

What if Pupil of Creation is the first card in a cycle of set 1 sorceries on a stick?

Time Bug! :p

KingGabriel
05-17-2015, 06:19 AM

Xocoy!