PDA

View Full Version : A quick shout out for Millennium Blades

Bombs
05-16-2015, 10:35 PM
I think some HEX players would be interested to check out this kickstarter campaign. Level 99 Games (BattleCon & Pixel Tactics) has essentially created a board game that emulates the entire TCG experience. Players are able to buy cards, trade them, build collections and decks, then play in an abstract version of a tournament with each card played acting as bomb you played or combo you managed to pull off.

This campaign is in its final 24 hours and some awesome stretch goals have been unlocked. There are around 900 cards between the base game and the expansion that can be picked up for an extra $30.

We all share a passion for this hobby. I just don't want anyone to miss this great game (as many did with HEX) because they weren't aware it existed.

Campaign page: http://kck.st/1zph4PB

Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Uh4fonnvk&src_vid=dakXgyIW2cc&feature=cards&annotation_id=02f8b760-3763-4c67-9697-002900458901

There are a few other play through videos out there, but I feel Rahdo really nails it with his final thoughts. Both Rahdo and UndeadViking have good game-play explanation videos on their channels as well.

Bombs
05-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Game basics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZkoK6VARGM

Cory_Jones
05-17-2015, 12:01 AM
Hahaha....
I am actually the sole 1500.00 backer of this game :)
I was thinking about forcing them to make a princess Cory set...

Bombs
05-17-2015, 01:02 AM
Do it!! I am in for a bronze tier ;-D

WWKnight
05-17-2015, 01:06 AM
If it didnt have a $50 Australian tax on shipping, id be all over that. But considering I have to spend $100 minimum to get the game... :(

Reckless
05-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Man i would like to back 80$ there but then i have to pay another 50$ for shipping ><

Oli
05-17-2015, 02:50 AM
Yeah. The 50$ shipping and 19% tax make this really problematic to afford...
80$ (game) + 50$ (shipping) + 25$ (tax) = 155$ for the game, considering the current $->€ conversion this is even more problematic.
So sad. Looks really great.

hacky
05-17-2015, 03:30 AM
Hahaha....
I am actually the sole 1500.00 backer of this game :)
I was thinking about forcing them to make a princess Cory set...

Already backed, so I look forward to seeing what cool goodies your set holds. :)

bofedy
05-17-2015, 04:42 AM
I watched the first video all i think is he says amazing loads and trying to sell something that is bad it could be a good game but this guy the way he talks about it is just car man salesmen seems like hes trying to push something bad at me :(

Armies
05-17-2015, 04:50 AM
if only I could back in platinum :P
i'll have to make hacky bring it to hexcon so I can play it there :P

Diesbudt
05-17-2015, 05:05 AM
I am on the fence. Watched the videos and it looks kinda complicated. Something that has become a turnoff of board games since A) I have gotten older and B) no one else around I wouldn't have to hold their hand in teaching them how to play if I obtained this.

Looks decent, just idk...

Cory_Jones
05-17-2015, 05:19 AM
I think it looks good but hard to be sure until I play it

My new plan is to buy into every Kickstarter vanity tier and have Princess Cory everywhere :)

Reckless
05-17-2015, 06:13 AM
Spread that Princess!

I've heard rumours were they're talking about Princess Cory as new champion in League of Legends!

KingGabriel
05-17-2015, 06:17 AM

My new plan is to buy into every Kickstarter vanity tier and have Princess Cory everywhere :)

#PrincessCoryForPresident2015

Xenavire
05-17-2015, 06:18 AM

Please don't - I spend too much time on Hex, I couldn't possibly take any time to devote myself to playing all those games. :p

KingGabriel
05-17-2015, 07:06 AM
Please don't - I spend too much time on Hex, I couldn't possibly take any time to devote myself to playing all those games. :p
Clearly we need a HEX fighting game - Princess Cory VS Scraptech Brawler. Round 1. FIGHT!

YourOpponent
05-17-2015, 07:27 AM
Interesting looking game, but until there are expansions for it it I would be bored playing it within 3 days in a row for months due to half the cards being used each time. I do like how they incorporated trading, selling, booster packs and so forth though. Not going to invest in this game though due to I'd rather just stick to something cooler like Thunderstone.

Rieper
05-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Dammit, i was ignoring this game because it was 2-5 player and i prefer all my games to have solo variant. I was looking for a nice game that was competetive and still had solo options, and the strech goals seems to make this game now fit this niche. Also newly added campaign mode makes it sound like even better choice for this.

But i am only in for 5$ + shipping so i can get all kickstarter only stuff(though maybe bit more for campaign book) and then buy game at retail later, since there is no way i am paying 50$ for shipping to EU... (The Apocrypha which comes with 1300+ cards only took 25$ for shipping)

Thrawn
05-17-2015, 12:32 PM
I can't make up my mind if this looks like it has some depth and replay value or if it looks like it's just overly complicated with too many parts...

Although so many Kickstarter games seem to be on sale for half the price of the Kickstarter backing shortly after the backer games go out, or earlier in some cases even, if you don't mind missing out on rewards. :mad:

Decisions, decisions.

Rieper
05-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Thrawn: for 5$ you wonīt miss out on any reweards. Everything that KS ONLY is given to you at 5$, so you later can pick up game at retail (Either for better shipping, like alot of EU people are doing or because reason you jsut gave). And even if you donīt get it, 5$ is not much(dunno shipping for you, since dunno where you from)

arastor
05-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Thrawn: for 5$ you wonīt miss out on any reweards. Everything that KS ONLY is given to you at 5$, so you later can pick up game at retail (Either for better shipping, like alot of EU people are doing or because reason you jsut gave). And even if you donīt get it, 5$ is not much(dunno shipping for you, since dunno where you from)

That's...actually a really good idea. It's not like they're hurting for the investment capital seeing as they look likely to quintuple their initial goal. This way I can buy it through my local gaming store and support them too! Thanks for the idea!

Edit: Although now they're closing in on the microgame addon to the $80 tier... sooo tempting.

Bombs
05-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Awesome close to the campaign. The brought in like 20% of their total funding in these last 24 hours. I'm excited to play this one.....or possibly use the super-heavy box full of cards for weight training.

sukebe
05-17-2015, 09:24 PM
I am very sad I missed out on this kickstarter :-( I watched the linked videos then went strait to the kickstarter to pledge but it was already over. teach me to get stuff done around the house instead of waste time on forums and play hex.

mttgamer
05-18-2015, 09:34 AM
I am very sad I missed out on this kickstarter :-( I watched the linked videos then went strait to the kickstarter to pledge but it was already over. teach me to get stuff done around the house instead of waste time on forums and play hex.

There's going to be a pledge manager, i'm not unsure if it will accept late backers or not though. I will keep an ear to the ground for ya!

sukebe
05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
There's going to be a pledge manager, i'm not unsure if it will accept late backers or not though. I will keep an ear to the ground for ya!

thanks, much appreciated :-) It looks like it is the perfect game for someone like me who has played so many tcgs over the course of my life.

halfwing
05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
You will DEFINITELY be able to back the game late. Slackerbackers will be accepted in their normal pledge manager, which should open some time next week.

They are using the same Pledge Manager that they used for BattleCON and Argent, both of which accepted slacker backers, though they didn't allow people to slacker back at the Print and Play level. Millennium Blades doesn't offer a PnP option, so I dont think you would have any problems at all, once it goes live.

Gwaer
05-18-2015, 02:47 PM
This is the rarest sleeve in the game that I'm fairly certain colin doesn't have.
I believe only one person who isn't a dev has them, but it might be two.

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/Immortal-Sleeve.jpg

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 02:51 PM
This is the rarest sleeve in the game that I'm fairly certain colin doesn't have.
I believe only one person who isn't a dev has them, but it might be two.

http://www.hexprimal.com/wp-content/uploads/Immortal-Sleeve.jpg

You know, I just assumed that Colin was that 1 pledge... ;)

Bombs
05-18-2015, 02:53 PM
I never noticed the citadel in the background of that sleeve.

mttgamer
05-22-2015, 08:30 AM
You will DEFINITELY be able to back the game late. Slackerbackers will be accepted in their normal pledge manager, which should open some time next week.

They are using the same Pledge Manager that they used for BattleCON and Argent, both of which accepted slacker backers, though they didn't allow people to slacker back at the Print and Play level. Millennium Blades doesn't offer a PnP option, so I dont think you would have any problems at all, once it goes live.

from their kickstarter update:

If you missed the project and you want to use the pledge manager (or you know someone who does), it's fine to go ahead and use it now to make your pledge.

If you do not have an account at www.worldofindines.com, then you must sign up for one to use the Pledge Manager.

The pledge manager has these features:

You can buy add-ons or designate extra KS money that you pledged towards things like the Artbook and Campaign Guide or more copies of the game. This is the ONLY way to get a copy of the Artbook and Campaign Guide as an add-on.
You can increase your pledge to add-on any other games from the Level 99 Games Line.
You can modify your shipping address any time before the game ships out. If you choose not to use the pledge manager, you must message us directly to change your address.

Pledge manager is now open all slacker backers can go in and back Millennium Blades if they missed it!!!