PDA

View Full Version : GenCon events!

S117
05-17-2015, 10:41 AM
So with the Indiana political hullabaloo settled for the moment (i.e. that GenCon will be in Indy for this year at least) and with Event Registration going online earlier today when are we going to see some Hex events to sign up for? ^_^

Is it going to be more of a come-as-you-are firing drafts and such as they fill? Or can we expect to see some full on events (that we need to get tickets for beforehand to get a secured spot in) revealed soon?

funktion
05-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Events are still being registered (they will continue to be added to the list of events). Last year CZE registered all of their events right away and then the Hex events were added a few weeks later. Seems to be a similar case this year, might just be because the digital events take place in a different area or something I dunno.

Xenavire
05-17-2015, 12:14 PM
I think last year had a limit on draft numbers, with special prizes, so it seems plausible that they will repeat it this year. Hopefully they will have learned from last year and have better support for it, since last year had a few issues.

funktion
05-17-2015, 12:24 PM
I think last year had a limit on draft numbers, with special prizes, so it seems plausible that they will repeat it this year. Hopefully they will have learned from last year and have better support for it, since last year had a few issues.

Last year's hiccups were REALLY minor I would say. It was only the very first draft that had issues from what I recall and that was only in the final match. Many unscheduled drafts were added but it was only the scheduled ones that had the super special prizes as I recall.

Xenavire
05-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Last year's hiccups were REALLY minor I would say. It was only the very first draft that had issues from what I recall and that was only in the final match. Many unscheduled drafts were added but it was only the scheduled ones that had the super special prizes as I recall.

I meant the fact that the draft slots filled up in hours. :p

I hadn't heard about actual draft issues.

funktion
05-17-2015, 02:54 PM
I meant the fact that the draft slots filled up in hours. :p

I hadn't heard about actual draft issues.

Oh the slots on the Gencon registry did yeah, but that didn't stop other folks from being able to draft if they didn't sign up. It wasn't an issue. Having events sell out is more of just how gencon works / how the convention posts them.