PDA

View Full Version : How many different pieces of Arena equipment?

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 02:44 AM
I did a forum search and looked for an article or something, but I could not discover how many different pieces of equipment can be earned in the Arena. Is there a master list somewhere of all the equipment pieces? I'd kind of like to be done with Arena, but don't want to miss out on a piece of key equipment. I'm at the point where sometimes I get zero new pieces after completing a perfect run, though usually I get one and very rarely two.

Salverus
05-18-2015, 03:21 AM
around 170, depends if you count the two pieces of equipment that only drop from uruunaz and the equipment that only comes from the wheels of fate spins too.

edit: everything together its 172, from which 2 are from uruunaz, and i think 6 from wheels of fate (not 100% sure about this, but i guess common 1, uncommon 1, rare 1, common 2, uncommon 2 and rare 2), so the frost ring arena itself gives 164 pieces of equipment.
But none of those hold any value, so if you only play for the equips, just buy them from AH. It is only the other 8 pieces that have value (e.g. rusted chestplate (uruunaz), sous chef slippers (uncommon 2), bubble mail (rare 1), aqua mask (common 1) etc)

bootlace
05-18-2015, 04:09 AM
Total of 171 equipment pieces. 162 drop from Arena, 6 from Set 1 WoF, 3 from Set 2 WoF. You can sort/filter equipment in the equipment datanase in my sig.

Gen91
05-18-2015, 04:15 AM
Also there is the Mirror Blade for Replicators Gambit, given to kickstarters.

KingGabriel
05-18-2015, 04:21 AM
Also there is the Mirror Blade for Replicators Gambit, given to kickstarters.
That also drops from arena - the only exclusive KS equip is the one for the exclusive cards.

Salverus
05-18-2015, 05:17 AM
Total of 171 equipment pieces. 162 drop from Arena, 6 from Set 1 WoF, 3 from Set 2 WoF. You can sort/filter equipment in the equipment datanase in my sig.

no i am 100% sure its 172, i just count from my stash.
And to help you, i checked your website, you are missing the harbinger for malice demon:
http://i.imgur.com/Sv2uovG.jpg

Lafoote
05-18-2015, 05:49 AM
If you go into your deck builder and select the equipment tab, you can pick the option for show all equipment and just count them. You can also scroll through and see which individual pieces you are missing, if any.

bootlace
05-18-2015, 08:05 AM
no i am 100% sure its 172, i just count from my stash.
And to help you, i checked your website, you are missing the harbinger for malice demon:
http://i.imgur.com/Sv2uovG.jpg

Thanks will update.

Update: Added "The Harbringer". Also added a column for card source and links to cards as was previously requested on Reddit.

Svenn
05-18-2015, 08:22 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vkA1x8n87ZJ7mg8f_cMMIlTbcTPYFxObyFkqiE3ASIQ/edit#gid=991052911

Here's my tracking spreadsheet, with a full list of all 172. :)

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Excellent, thanks all. Exactly what I was looking for.

vickrpg
05-18-2015, 01:20 PM
around 170, depends if you count the two pieces of equipment that only drop from uruunaz and the equipment that only comes from the wheels of fate spins too.

edit: everything together its 172, from which 2 are from uruunaz, and i think 6 from wheels of fate (not 100% sure about this, but i guess common 1, uncommon 1, rare 1, common 2, uncommon 2 and rare 2), so the frost ring arena itself gives 164 pieces of equipment.
But none of those hold any value, so if you only play for the equips, just buy them from AH. It is only the other 8 pieces that have value (e.g. rusted chestplate (uruunaz), sous chef slippers (uncommon 2), bubble mail (rare 1), aqua mask (common 1) etc)
Just wanted to note that you can get both the leeches and their equipment from non-urunaaz sources, I have, and I have never even seen urunaaz. Only have 1 leech though, and I most certainly did not buy it.

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Just wanted to note that you can get both the leeches and their equipment from non-urunaaz sources, I have, and I have never even seen urunaaz. Only have 1 leech though, and I most certainly did not buy it.

That was a bug and has long since been patched out.

Lafoote
05-18-2015, 06:31 PM
That was a bug and has long since been patched out.

Wha? I've been playing steadily since launch and have yet to see Uruunaz. Having him be the only source for some items is like not having those items. His appearance level needs to increase dramatically.

Gwaer
05-18-2015, 06:35 PM
The items he drops are for cards you can also only get from him. But I'm certain some people have encountered urunaaz multiple times and they have sold on the AH.

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 07:00 PM
What's Urunaaz's frequency of appearance? I've earned almost all the equipment just doing Arena runs and have never seen him. In fact, this is the first I heard of him.

Gwaer
05-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Low.

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 07:39 PM
So I gathered.

Xenavire
05-18-2015, 09:04 PM
Wha? I've been playing steadily since launch and have yet to see Uruunaz. Having him be the only source for some items is like not having those items. His appearance level needs to increase dramatically.

Those items have value on the AH - some people will sell items from repeat encounters... And some industrious persons will likely sell entire sets the minute they get them due to the value of the cards.

The only thing that you 'need' Uruunaz for is the sleeves.

Lafoote
05-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Those items have value on the AH - some people will sell items from repeat encounters... And some industrious persons will likely sell entire sets the minute they get them due to the value of the cards.

The only thing that you 'need' Uruunaz for is the sleeves.

And for gaming enjoyment. Maybe every 60-100 hours or so should be long enough.

Salverus
05-18-2015, 11:17 PM
I've done around 100 full. arena runs and still haven't found uruunaz, so I think the encounter rate is somewhere at or below 1% per run, but he has 12 chances to appear in a run...
so per battle it's less than 0.1%?

Oroniss
05-19-2015, 12:02 AM
I think he only appears in the 4th battle of the tier. I don't recall seeing a screenshot of him anywhere else, and the only time I found him he was the 4th fight of tier 3. Given his rarity that is not enough of a sample size to be certain though.

At the very least I suspect he can't be the first battle(s) in Tier 2, presumably to stop people continuously restarting the arena until they get him.

Also, while you don't need him for anything except the sleeves, beating him was worth about $15-20 last time I checked, and closer to $25 if you have the DC buff, so it's kind of a pretty big deal. It might even be more now, with the value of gold gone up.

Xenavire
05-19-2015, 03:43 AM
I think he only appears in the 4th battle of the tier. I don't recall seeing a screenshot of him anywhere else, and the only time I found him he was the 4th fight of tier 3. Given his rarity that is not enough of a sample size to be certain though.

At the very least I suspect he can't be the first battle(s) in Tier 2, presumably to stop people continuously restarting the arena until they get him.

Also, while you don't need him for anything except the sleeves, beating him was worth about $15-20 last time I checked, and closer to $25 if you have the DC buff, so it's kind of a pretty big deal. It might even be more now, with the value of gold gone up.

Uruunaz absolutely appears in tier 3 as well. He may appear in tier 2, but I am not sure.

Salverus
05-19-2015, 03:57 AM
Uruunaz absolutely appears in tier 3 as well. He may appear in tier 2, but I am not sure.

he was not talking about tiers, but the fourth battle in each tier, thus only in battle 9, 14 and 19 (3 possibilities per run) instead of 6-9, 11-14 and 16-19 (12 possibilities per run)

Xenavire
05-19-2015, 03:58 AM
Oh. He can appear in slot 3 as well IIRC.

Warrender
05-19-2015, 05:53 AM
Low.

Lower than low.