PDA

View Full Version : Normal Drafts Firing?

ThomasHunter
05-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Went to draft yesterday afternoon (Midwest) and I was the 4th person the queue. We made it to 5 shortly after that. However, it slowly trickled down to just me. I was bummed.

I came back a couple of hours later to try again but it didn't jump beyond the 2 of us in the queue.

Overall, this was a bit foreboding to me. My inquiry is whether this is currently "normal" for the time slot? Are there "better" times for playing drafts? I typically have played early on Saturday mornings, but I was unable to do so this past weekend.

Happy gaming!
Taleisin

deathandtexas
05-18-2015, 07:35 AM
I used to be able to get a comp draft within 10 minutes. Haven't been able to get one to fire for the last few weeks.

funktion
05-18-2015, 07:36 AM
I was on yesterday around those times and saw drafts firing off every 7-10 minutes it felt like. Played in a few myself. Were you trying to do Swiss? It feels like that is less popular (I don't play it really myself so hard to tell).

Thrawn
05-18-2015, 07:41 AM
They fire, but they've been slower in the last few weeks it seems. What used to be join and a short wait to fire is now join and go do other stuff keeping an eye on my computer then have three people drop before round 1. :(

But maybe I'm just joining at bad times or something, hard to say.

Elwinz
05-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Swiss dradts do fire but definetly not as much as comp draft.. But well .. u realy need to know what you are doing for competetive draft.

wolzarg
05-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Drafts fire at all hours but the wait is between 1m at peak and 30ish mins at the low point.

dbug
05-18-2015, 02:24 PM
I did four Drafts today. And waited between 5-15 minutes.

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 04:04 PM
I think competitive fires more frequently because rare drafting is marginally better there. If you're planning to draft then drop, that's the place to go. And if you're planning to draft then play, that's the place to go too because there's not a bad chance you'll get a bye to round 2.

jonsnow2000
05-18-2015, 04:39 PM
If you are at around 4-5 ppl in the queue, you can also advertise in chat to get more attention to it. It doesn't always help, but often does. Also, we are in that lull phase where most ppl are just burning their weekly tickets waiting for Set 3 to drop - at which point it should be alot easier to join a Draft whenever you want, regardless if it is comp. or swiss.

mudgee01
05-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Drafts are hard to fire except during a few peak hours per day. So unless you are NA you are screwed. Wave goodbye to those tickets from your kickstasrter rewards

Gwaer
05-18-2015, 09:40 PM
I draft at all sorts of non NA hours and haven't ever had an issue getting comp draft to fire. Not to say that they aren't slowing down. But that's to be expected at the end of a set.

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Drafts are hard to fire except during a few peak hours per day. So unless you are NA you are screwed. Wave goodbye to those tickets from your kickstasrter rewards
Translation: The grapes are probably sour anyways?

Khazrakh
05-18-2015, 11:09 PM
I have zero problems to draft whenever I want (and I'm German). Sure it takes longer than when Set 2 was fresh and we had no Arena but that is to be expected. Swiss draft might be harder to get because most of us seem to prefer competetive. I do join whatever is closer to firing though, so sitting in there and advertising should help you most of the time.

Incindium
05-19-2015, 04:35 AM
Draft queues have been slower but I've had no problems getting them to fire. Scheduled Sealed though seems to fire at times when I can't play and not fire at times I can :p.

ThomasHunter
05-19-2015, 05:03 AM
Last night I joined a queue (first person). It filled up fairly quickly. Maybe Sunday was an aberration?