PDA

View Full Version : Arena Leaderboard?

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Any plans to have an either in-game or out of game leaderboard for arena and dungeons? I'm thinking something with stats like how many creatures killed, total damage given/taken, # of perfect runs, etc.

Well, I know there are plans for everything with this, so I know the answer to my question, I guess I'm wondering when (yeah, soon, but WHEN?)

nicosharp
05-18-2015, 12:30 PM
I think this will largely be incorporated into the double-backs when they are implemented, but it sounds like they have access to a lot of data, so this should be possible in some form in the future to have random stat tracking for achievements.

strylght
05-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Yeah, we've had a little discussion about PvE leaderboards and competitive PvE somewhere but it was buried in a thread about something slightly different.
I, for one, would love to see as many features to complement player organised PvE competition as possible. I want to see a way of confirming and sharing official results of a PvE run (like a leaderboard or something else like a shareable code which represents officially confirmed stats) for bragging rights and proof of some particular statistical achievement in the case of something like a speedrun competition or the like.

Sparrow
05-18-2015, 12:57 PM
D3 has stats for everything you could think of and something like that would work great here.

It's funny, when I backed this game PVE meant nothing to me, but since the area of PVP I want to compete in basically isn't available right now for lack of interest in the community and support by CZE (sealed), I'm finding PVE is/will be much superior to spending money on the game.

Yoss
05-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Yeah, we've had a little discussion about PvE leaderboards and competitive PvE somewhere but it was buried in a thread about something slightly different.
I, for one, would love to see as many features to complement player organised PvE competition as possible. I want to see a way of confirming and sharing official results of a PvE run (like a leaderboard or something else like a shareable code which represents officially confirmed stats) for bragging rights and proof of some particular statistical achievement in the case of something like a speedrun competition or the like.
Sounds good to me.

Alucard
05-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Tracking all that information is an amazing idea! I think the double backs will help in this regard!

In terms of competitive PvE, we actually already have a Speedrun League for HEX! I imagine different leagues or tournaments could be created with different rules, but I've created this for the community and we are in approaching our 8th week of the season. Anyone can join in at any time provided they conform to the rules and can win a free draft for first place! Second place gets 400 plat! We will also have Seasonal rewards based on placement on the leaderboards. So jump in now if interested!

Forum Post with All Information: HEX Arena Race Challenge League Season 1 (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42445)

-Alucard

KingGabriel
05-20-2015, 02:36 AM
PvE leaderboards might not be a good idea for raids due to the RL bonus

Tazelbain
05-20-2015, 07:17 AM
Same issue lotus petals and regular arena runs.

The game should disable Kickstarter advantages for competitive(leader board) PvE mode.

KingGabriel
05-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Same issue lotus petals and regular arena runs.

The game should disable Kickstarter advantages for competitive(leader board) PvE mode.

Those rewards are purchasable/tradeable, not much different from the uruunaaz rewards. You'd have to block all exclusive cards/mercs etc if you wanted it that way.

Diesbudt
05-20-2015, 07:26 AM
D3 has stats for everything you could think of and something like that would work great here.

It's funny, when I backed this game PVE meant nothing to me, but since the area of PVP I want to compete in basically isn't available right now for lack of interest in the community and support by CZE (sealed), I'm finding PVE is/will be much superior to spending money on the game.

Most people do not like sealed because it is a bigger buy in (regardless that the prize ratio to buy in is the same) and it is much more luck varient on what is opened in the packs. Drafts people have the ability to grab cards to make something work together, and thus is vastly more played.

Even with support, unless it is a pre-release/release event or special event (VIP) sealed is rarely ever popular in TCGs when draft or constructed is a choice.

Only thing PvE I could believe would be worth tracking would be clear speed on perfects. No other stat would really matter if competitive. So I do not see this being a major thing to look at until campaign is fully fleshed out.

Yoss
05-20-2015, 10:47 AM
PvE leaderboards might not be a good idea for raids due to the RL bonus

That's actually a good reason why leaderboards ARE a good idea: so that you can see who's "cheating" and make sure they get no e-peen for their tainted runs. :D

strylght
05-20-2015, 02:26 PM
A suggestion of mine from the aforementioned discussion which I think would do wonders for a community run competitive PvE scene:

What about a code which is given at the end of an arena run which can be entered into the client by a tournament judge (or anyone) in order to display the statistics of your run and your decklist, etc, for adjudication? Adjudication and, of course, general bragging rights, proof of achieving something you're proud of, any number of reasons.

This is kind of the most simple and unobtrusive way of doing this I could think of, obviously something even more user friendly would be great but would consume more resources in its implementation. On further reflection I think this could all just be done with an switchable API thingy. In this form, like the tcgbrowser deck/collection export service we have now, it could also be sent to webservers in order to display leaderboards or tournament standings and such online.

N3rd4Christ
05-20-2015, 03:37 PM
We need a PVP leaderboard :P

But there are too many variables on how to rank people. Would be fun to do it!

Sparrow
05-20-2015, 06:52 PM
That's actually a good reason why leaderboards ARE a good idea: so that you can see who's "cheating" and make sure they get no e-peen for their tainted runs. :D
If they're going to track how much gold someone pulls out of a dungeon, for example, I'd prefer it to be either a total unmodified by buffs or have both modified and unmodified shown.

Yoss
05-20-2015, 08:40 PM
If loot is something tracked, I agree.