PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial HEX Suggestions 'Board'

Kami
05-19-2015, 11:12 AM
So... I recently discovered a free service called SuggestionBoard and it turns out it allows users to make suggestions and so forth and vote them up/down.

http://www.suggestboard.com/board.xhtml?id=150

Just for fun, I've created one.

Keep in mind this is entirely unofficial and there is no guarantee anything posted to that board will be seen, let alone implemented, by HEX.

However, the purpose is to pool things in one place for the community and also to see what is popular and what isn't.

TOOT
05-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Don't feel like making an account but here is something to add to it if you feel like it.

Make comp draft deck building 10 minutes instead of 20. 20 is too long, especially after the last patch changing it from 15 to 20 minutes. Don't think CZE ever documented the change happening in the patch notes, nor commenting as to why it was changed.

Leave swiss at 20 minutes as swiss is more often than not where inexperienced players go to draft and will need more time.

Zophie
05-19-2015, 12:16 PM
neat idea, might be better to have a suggestion sub-forum here though

Salverus
05-19-2015, 12:37 PM
If you make a suggestion, does someone have to "approve" it first or is it immediately posted?
it said something about a 255 character limit, i kept typing, when i pressed post the entire thing was gone.

Kami
05-19-2015, 12:38 PM
If you make a suggestion, does someone have to "approve" it first or is it immediately posted?
it said something about a 255 character limit, i kept typing, when i pressed post the entire thing was gone.

It's immediately posted afaik.

Zophie
05-19-2015, 12:50 PM

That happened to me when I was first trying to squeeze my suggestion into the 255 character limit, it just randomly cleared the form out. I ended up retyping it somewhere else I could count the characters easier and then copy pasted into the form. When I posted it it showed up right away.

NOBLEStarshield
05-19-2015, 01:02 PM
Thank you for taking the time to make one Kami and it's a neat idea!

Ertzi
05-19-2015, 01:20 PM
That happened to me when I was first trying to squeeze my suggestion into the 255 character limit, it just randomly cleared the form out. I ended up retyping it somewhere else I could count the characters easier and then copy pasted into the form. When I posted it it showed up right away.

Never trust an internet text field of any kind. I don't even make a forum post without copying it first. Can't even count how many times this has saved me. It is like internet's mission to eat text without any explanation. I would go apeshit if I just lost a huge wall of text without doing anything wrong.

rjselzler
05-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Cool idea! Thanks for setting this up.

Mahes
05-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Don't feel like making an account but here is something to add to it if you feel like it.

Make comp draft deck building 10 minutes instead of 20. 20 is too long, especially after the last patch changing it from 15 to 20 minutes. Don't think CZE ever documented the change happening in the patch notes, nor commenting as to why it was changed.

Leave swiss at 20 minutes as swiss is more often than not where inexperienced players go to draft and will need more time.

Could we also add a vote to the deck building phase of draft? I prefer to build my deck, not subtract the cards. That was also ninja changed with the 20 minute timer.

Aradon
05-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Could we also add a vote to the deck building phase of draft? I prefer to build my deck, not subtract the cards. That was also ninja changed with the 20 minute timer.

I think you can just tab over to the bin while drafting, which will put all your cards into the sideboard instead of main deck when you get to the deckbuilding phase.

TheHoarder
05-19-2015, 08:54 PM
I really like this. Good job Kami

vickrpg
05-21-2015, 12:29 PM
I suggest we don't let all the reveal polls push this great thread off the front page.

I also suggest more people make more suggestions.

Saeijou
05-21-2015, 12:37 PM
someone should gather all the suggestions and put them in...
i'm to lazy! :P

thanks kami!

/sticky

Yoss
05-21-2015, 12:58 PM
I dropped a couple new ones on there. (One is just a refinement of something someone else posted.)

rjselzler
05-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Vote for a sticky here, too. This is a cool tool. Thoughtful suggestions so far, for the most part.

As an aside, I'm an online high school teacher, and this is a super-cool find; I hope to utilize this for something in the near future.

Yoss
05-21-2015, 05:44 PM
I wish people would post comments when they down vote.

NaryaDL0re
05-22-2015, 09:46 AM
I love it, this needs more attention. Great efficient way for crypto to get a feeling for
the priorities as the community sees it. (not that we are right, but as a form of feedback)

rjselzler
05-22-2015, 09:50 AM

+1

I wonder what triggers a down vote in someone's mind. For me, I down vote only if I would dislike the feature being implemented; that is, the feature would annoy me and I don't want to play a game that has X.

I'm guessing some folks down vote based on scarcity of development resources.

I'm also pretty liberal with my up vote. Basically, a "that would be kinda cool" gets an up vote from me and an "I would never use that, but whatever" doesn't get a down vote.

Salverus
05-22-2015, 10:00 AM
is there a way to sort the suggestions on that site, e.g. best rated suggestions at the top?
or a way to stay logged in each time I visit the website?

vickrpg
05-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Definitely. the (one) time I downvoted, I commented.

is there a way to sort the suggestions on that site, e.g. best rated suggestions at the top?
or a way to stay logged in each time I visit the website?
Should this go on the suggestion board or on the suggestion board suggestion board?

Yoss
05-27-2015, 09:15 AM
Is the site down?

desk
05-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Is the site down?

It looks down to me

Kami
05-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Yeah, the site seems to be down at the moment. Not entirely sure why.

I'm keeping my eye on it in the meantime.