PDA

View Full Version : 50th Generalís Tent Celebration!!!

funktion
05-19-2015, 08:57 PM
The 50th episode of the General's Tent will be THIS WEEK: Wednesday July 1st starting at 4:00pm Pacific time.

Just over a year ago the two of us started doing a joint webcast on twitch where we discuss weekly news throughout the game and within its community. Since then we eventually started doing the show on a weekly basis and even made our way onto the Wednesday slot of the official Hex TCG twitch stream. Now that you have some small idea about what we’re about why don’t we talk about what is in store for our 50th episode.

When: July 1st from 4:00pm-9:00pm Pacific Time
Where: http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg
Who: Funktion & Mokog plus special guest [B]Tyler James (Art Director for Hex) (be sure to reply here and let us know if you have any questions you'd like us to ask)

As I mentioned earlier, each week we review any news & updates for Hex but that’s not the only thing we do. We also have multiple topics which we engage the audience for further input. We open a pack of cards and analyze the contents for draft as well as flavor draft. Last but not least we have giveaways (more on that later). This celebration stream will be no exception, but we will also be bringing back a few viewer favorite segments:

-Flavor Draft: It is about time we do this again, last time we did was a ton of fun. During flavor draft we don’t care at all about how good our deck is. Instead, we are just looking to build a deck that tells a story (probably a very wacky story).
-Mental Hex: Sure, we might be able to play hex in game with the cards… but how are we at playing Hex with our MINDS!!! (disclaimer: Funktion is absolutely not a cheater, that definitely never happened, I don’t know what you’re talking about)

Alright, so now what about those giveaways we mentioned. We’ve been hard at work assembling a dragon’s hoard of treasure. Not only have we been busy gathering a stash of super sweet stuff to giveaway but we’ve also graciously received donations from the likes of:

Nero_Jinous
Hex_Colin
Threshold_Matt / www.thresholdpodcast.com
Ossuary
Battousai
Miyordon

The Dragon’s Hoard currently contains:

134 Set 1 Boosters
20 Set 2 Boosters
2 Set 1 Primal packs
Slamvolt Merc
Rakashani Merc
2x Brosi-Buk Merc
AA Buccaneer sleeve code
AA Cerulean Mirror Knight
2x AA Goremaster
2x AA Cluckodon
AA Jovial Pippit
4x AA Concubunny
Physical Hex shirt
108,000 Gold
Miscellaneous pve cards and equipment

Alright, with all that done we just want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has tuned into our show so far, we’ve really enjoyed putting this together and it is always awesome to see familiar faces in chat. Also thanks to the other streamers out there who regularly tune in and are just all around awesome members of the community. Finally, we would be totally remiss if we didn’t take this chance to say another huge thanks to two particular people:
-Nero_Jinous: who has always been incredibly supportive of our show!
-Colin: not sure what else there is to say that hasn't been said already; regardless, I'll say it again. Thanks for everything buddy.

hex_colin
05-19-2015, 09:01 PM
Drew - you can give away 100 Set 1 packs on my behalf. :)

Congratulations on 50 episodes!

Mokog
05-19-2015, 09:07 PM
Drew - you can give away 100 Set 1 packs on my behalf. :)

Congratulations on 50 episodes!

That Escalated quickly! Thanks Colin!

funktion
05-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Incredible, the post was only live for all of what... 13.6 seconds? Colin inspires MUCH more than just "that troop gets all socketed powers of this"!

Miyordon
05-19-2015, 09:12 PM
I am throwing a Hex T-shirt into the pot.

Nero_Jinous
05-19-2015, 09:25 PM
<3 the tent and the consistent content yall provide.

nickon
05-19-2015, 11:31 PM
Do you actually mean July? Because that's still way off from now :)

Ertzi
05-20-2015, 02:33 AM
I rarely have time to watch streams and I think it's kinda archaic to go back to the time of television, where you cannot watch content when you want. HOWEVER, I f***g love me some wacky theme drafts though, so I might try to make this one. Do you have to follow or subscribe to be eligible for the giveaways? I really don't know how these things even work.

Ariathor
05-20-2015, 02:52 AM
For people in different timezones:
PDT: 16.00-21.00
EDT: 19.00-00.00
CEST: 01.00-06.00 (on July 2nd)
Sydney time: 09.00-14.00 (on July 2nd)

That's assuming that by PST you still mean daylight saving time that is in effect right now (PDT).

Salverus
05-20-2015, 02:56 AM
hm.. Not a good time for Europe :(
I ll have to watch the video the next day on twitch.

ossuary
05-20-2015, 04:12 AM
It is indeed July 1st, as that is the date of the 50th episode of the show. The timeslot is also the normal time that The General's Tent airs on Hex's twitch channel. But this show is very much not going to be business as usual! :)

Mokog
05-20-2015, 05:01 AM
I rarely have time to watch streams and I think it's kinda archaic to go back to the time of television, where you cannot watch content when you want. HOWEVER, I f***g love me some wacky theme drafts though, so I might try to make this one. Do you have to follow or subscribe to be eligible for the giveaways? I really don't know how these things even work.

I will do my best to make the flavor draft as wacky as possible. You do not have to follow the HexTCG channel to win but I recommend you follow the channel because of all the great streamers who present on it. In addition if you follow Funktion and myself on our twitch channels you will boost our egos. That's is totally the legit thing to do right?

Ertzi
05-20-2015, 05:08 AM
I will do my best to make the flavor draft as wacky as possible. You do not have to follow the HexTCG channel to win but I recommend you follow the channel because of all the great streamers who present on it. In addition if you follow Funktion and myself on our twitch channels you will boost our egos. That's is totally the legit thing to do right?

Ha! I'll investigate this whole streaming thing further on my summer holiday, which conveniently coincides with this event, which means time will not be an issue no matter how awkward for me. I will follow stuff if it's easy to do and helps to find the channels in the future. And stuff. I feel like I might be the only gamer in the world who does not use Twitch regularly. I just never want to be tied to a certain time slot. But I'll try to remedy this situation, because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

ossuary
05-20-2015, 05:27 AM
I feel like I might be the only gamer in the world who does not use Twitch regularly. I just never want to be tied to a certain time slot. But I'll try to remedy this situation, because it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I, as an official old fart (nearly halfway through the 30's ZOMG!!), never really "got" Twitch either. However, Hex has turned me into a convert. Much like twitter, it's not about consuming all of the material possible (something us oldbies have trouble wrapping our heads around), it's more about having something to do whenever you have the time. You don't necessarily tune into a specific person on their schedule (though you can), you just drop in on whoever is streaming when it's convenient for you. You can browse by game as well as by person, so you can generally find something interesting to watch.

I'm still not the kind of person that would just sit down and watch some random person playing a game just because he's streaming it, but I definitely love hanging out with the Hex community in a more live environment. Stuff happens there you just don't get anywhere else (like seeing Alucard win a draft using Trial of Faith... only he could ever pull that shit off). :)

funktion
05-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Do you actually mean July? Because that's still way off from now :)

Yup it is definitely July first which is a ways off but we've got a lot going on and wanted to get this out there before we forgot.

wolzarg
05-20-2015, 08:16 AM
To who ever decided that was the gold amount to be used, you are a bad person and i will find you. Besides that apparently I'm donating 87gold to this now so let me know where to send it ...

Xenavire
05-20-2015, 09:40 AM
To who ever decided that was the gold amount to be used, you are a bad person and i will find you. Besides that apparently I'm donating 87gold to this now so let me know where to send it ...

For every time Wolzarg donates, I will give a random number between 1-9, in gold. ;) (No I won't, I am not that evil.)

Besides, maybe that amount has been perfectly split in some crazy manner, making it the true pefrect number? :D

Gwaer
05-20-2015, 10:00 AM
In a spirit of kindness and for my great affection for wolzarg I will donate an additional 132 gold on top of his very generous 87 gold.

funktion
05-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Mokog has been running arena on stream for the sole purpose of the dragon's hoard hence the awkward gold amounts. You are more than welcome to donate Willard but just know that number is gonna be regularly updated.

Mokog
05-21-2015, 09:05 AM
So Funktion was rummaging around his sock drawer today and found a hidden stack of GenCon 2014 Hex codes. Guess what is getting added to the 50th GT now.

KingGabriel
05-21-2015, 09:06 AM
So Funktion was rummaging around his sock drawer today and found a hidden stack of GenCon 2014 Hex codes. Guess what is getting added to the 50th GT now.
1 set 1 pack? :P

szimek
05-21-2015, 09:24 AM
mistakes were made... i thought i have vacations in July... yeah... not anymore. June is my free time instead. I'll try to be there anyway but for the EU ppl, this stream will start around 1AM :/ looks like i'll be sleeping this off in work.. well, happens :P

50th ep. HYPE !

ossuary
05-21-2015, 10:25 AM

2 codes go in the hoard. I think you'll find funktion already promised the rest of them to me months ago. ;)

Mokog
05-21-2015, 11:11 AM
2 codes go in the hoard. I think you'll find funktion already promised the rest of them to me months ago. ;)

Maybe that is why you have terrible luck in the stream giveaways. Kismet is punishing you for hoarding :-P

sgresso
05-22-2015, 05:30 AM
Can't wait!

funktion
05-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Updated with a very generous donation from Threshold Matt as well as adding in a few of the codes I found in my desk drawer. Still need to figure out whether I owe the rest of them to folks or need any for my own account, otherwise you can expect quite a few more gen con promo codes to be added in here.

funktion
06-28-2015, 12:59 PM
Updated the original thread a bit. Also extra bit of hype for announcing Hex's own Tyler James as our guest for interview on this week's episode!

Be sure to reply to this thread if you have any questions which you'd like us to ask, probably won't be able to take all of them but we'll see what we can do.

Elwinz
06-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Well cant participate as European

KingGabriel
06-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Well cant participate as European
Drink a ton of Coffee. AA Coffee, preferably.

Xenavire
06-28-2015, 01:51 PM
1am to 4am for me if I calculated that right. Ouch. Will try to be there though. Gotta support you on milestone day! :D

RCDv57
06-28-2015, 09:50 PM
@ Tyler James
How many different pieces of art do you typically see each day \ week.
I am also interested in the the entire process of AA cards. Like how are the cards that get AA selected, how and who goes about designing the new look of the card...
...and is fan AA a possibility? If implemented how would you want to prevent troll art? What do you imagine the process for getting art approved and/or into the game to be?

Mojumbo
06-28-2015, 10:57 PM
50 eps? I'll have to take a look! Keep up the good work

Elwinz
06-29-2015, 06:28 AM

Could work for a student with holiday. Not realy if u are working.

ossuary
06-29-2015, 06:52 AM
Could work for a student with holiday. Not realy if u are working.

Mix coffee and red bull together, with a 5 hour energy chaser. Boom... you're dead. Now missing work doesn't matter. ;)

RCDv57
06-29-2015, 08:42 AM
@ Tyler James
What is your favorite card art that we've seen so far? What is your favorite shard to play? Your thoughts on adding more cat cards to Hex? Can you show us some art that you had to reject? How many toes do you currently own? How many toes have you seen? Are you single? What are your plans for this evening? Why are there no frog cards in Hex yet? What is your favorite player race in the game? Are you Ardent or Underworld? What is your opinion on lobsters? Has there been a monster/creature that you have wanted to add to Hex? How difficult would it be for you to get a new monster/creature into the game? Why is there no Giant Insect blood creature in set 3? Should we recognize the guy stuck in the web on Giant Spiderspawn's art? What was that art based easter egg Phenteo was talking about when set 2 was coming out? Have you seen Cory Jones toes? Was they normal? How often do you have to call for art edits? What are some of the most common mistakes your artists make? What are your plans for new playmats? Are raid bosses going to have extra cool mats? How difficult is it to get the diaramma spinning cityscapes working properly? What is going on with foil cards? Do you want foils to be more sparkly or shiny?

EDIT: I can think up some more for you guys if you want.

Xenavire
06-29-2015, 08:57 AM
I have a question for Tyler - what is your favourite aspect of the UI, and which is your least favourite? If you could change something about either, what would you change?

NOBLEStarshield
06-29-2015, 12:30 PM

AA Coffee is the only way to go!

funktion
07-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Today is the big day help spread the word and retweet: https://twitter.com/FunktionFails/status/616276996788596737

You might even snag a few boosters by helping out : )

We're excited, are you?

ShayJawn
07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
shouldnt it be up now?

Mokog
07-02-2015, 04:27 AM
Hey Everyone! The stream was a blast! Funktion and I are making sure all the giveaways are going out to their respective winners and we hope to have that process completed over the next day or two!

Thank you all for helping make the General's Tent one of the most awesome experiences in my life. You have my deepest gratitude for the past 2 years of inconsistent and silly crazy fun we have been able to share together.

Still no catch phrase,
Mokog

plaguedealer
07-02-2015, 06:16 AM
It was a fun show and you guys did a great job of keeping the five hours entertaining. Will try my best to be a more regular viewer.

Grimshaw
07-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Great job guys! Hope you can find the time to join Funktion on the charity stream for a bit, Mokog.

Now get to work on that Set 3 review. :p

Flairina
07-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Sorry to ask, but as I've never won anything off a stream before, I feel I need to ask since I'm not certain how it works- when will prizes be sent out? Within the week?

poizonous
07-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Sorry to ask, but as I've never won anything off a stream before, I feel I need to ask since I'm not certain how it works- when will prizes be sent out? Within the week?

Mokog was saying on his stream last night that he had started giving stuff out last night. Given sheer amount of giveaways that took place, I think it is safe to assume you will have it within the week

Flairina
07-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Mokog was saying on his stream last night that he had started giving stuff out last night. Given sheer amount of giveaways that took place, I think it is safe to assume you will have it within the week

Good to know. Thanks for the info. :)