PDA

View Full Version : The FiveShards Blood Cup, June 13th-14th

Zubrin
05-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Greetings all, first, here is the schedule for the FiveShards Cup Series (http://fiveshards.com/the-shard-cup/).

On June 13-14th, many shard-masters will compete for a chance to take home the coveted Blood Cup sponsored by us (and generous donations from HexEnt); this is the first cup in the second season of the FiveShards Shard Cup Series (http://fiveshards.com/the-shard-cup/) (Note: we will be searching for sponsors as of May 25th, so if you are interested, contact us then!).

The Blood Cup is standard constructed—that is, all current PVP sets are legal.

Register here at the Battlefy page. (http://battlefy.com/fiveshards/fiveshards-blood-cup-season-2/555bd4c4da4d81c70079dc00/info) Confirmation begins at 8:00am PDT (You must pre-register) and the tournament starts at 9:00am PDT. To confirm, you must log in to Battlefy, go to the tournament, and push the confirmation button. If you do not confirm your registration prior to the tournament beginning, the tournament will drop you and we cannot re-add you to the tournament.

The top 8 will begin promptly at 10:00am PDT on Sunday, June 14th.

Prizes
1st: 36 Set 2 Packs, 20 Set 1 Packs
2nd: 24 Set 2 Packs, 12 Set 1 Packs
3rd-4th: 12 Set 2 Packs, 6 Set 1 Pack
5th-8th: 7 Set 2 Packs, 3 Set 1 Pack
9th: 5 Set 2 Packs, 3 Set 1 Pack, Ragefire
10th-16th: 3 Set 2 Packs, 3 set 1 Pack
17th-32nd: 1 Set 2 Pack, 2 Set 1 Pack

Random Door Prizes:

AA Buccaneer Sleeves
AA Bucanneer Sleeves
AA Bucanneer Sleeves
$10 FiveShards Store Voucher*
5x Set 2 Packs
5x Set 2 Packs
5x Set 1 Packs
5x Set 1 Packs

We will be drawing the door prizes at the conclusion of round 2.

*FiveShards Store Vouchers are good for $10 off on a single purchase. If you spend less than $10 for the purchase, then you will not pay anything; otherwise, you will get $10 off your entire purchase. This voucher is bound to the in-game name that wins it and is non-transferable. If you have further questions, please email us fiveshards@gmail.com. The voucher is valid until the end of the year (12/31/2015).

Specific Rules
1. We will stream the tournament from www.twitch.tv/fiveshards (http://www.twitch.tv/fiveshards). We will cast all pairings, coverage, and rulings on this channel. Players should have it open/accessible to hear updated news. If you are casting the game, we highly recommend you use a card blocker and/or broadcast delay to enable us to do feature match coverage.

2. Reserves and Decklists: We allow a 15-card reserve. Consequently, we require decklists of all participants. Decklists must include the Champion, 60+ card main deck, 0 or 15 card reserve (must be exactly zero or fifteen), and any gems used in the initial deck configuration. All participants must submit their decklists to us using this form (link) (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xVRKjMUmK98nedpwHuLBLEWW38IzVay2-vfzz-OvHug/viewform?usp=send_form) by 8:00am PDT (WorldClock) on the morning of the tournament, June 13th. Do not post screenshots. Submissions must be entered in text. We will post the full set of decklists after the final round completes and also highlight the top 8 decklists. You may change gems during reserves/sideboarding, but not in-between matches.

Template for Decklist

Maindeck:
4x Card1
4x Card2
4x Card3
2x Card4 (Prime Ruby of Destruction)
So forth

Reserves:
4x More cards
4x More cards

3. Confirmation: Confirmation begins at 8:00am PDT (WorldClock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Blood+Cup+Registration+Deadline&iso=20150613T08&p1=137)) and the tournament starts at 9:00am PDT (WorldClock (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Blood+Cup+Swiss&iso=20150613T09&p1=137)). To confirm your participation, just log into Battlefy at any point within an hour prior to the start of the tournament (8:00-9:00am PDT) and click the "Confirm" Button. If you do not confirm your registration prior to the tournament beginning, the tournament will automatically drop you; we cannot add dropped players once the tournament starts.

4. Matches: Each match will be determined by the player that wins two games out of three. The match ends when one player wins two games. The client will decide the turn order in the first game using a coin flip. The loser of the previous game will determine if they play or draw in game.

5. Reserves: Players get 2 minutes to side in and out their cards.

6. End-of-time Procedure: Since we cannot realistically run best-of-three matches through the client presently, it is possible that—after 60 minutes—some matches will not be completed. When time is over, the current turn will finish and the players will play five more turns (combined, not each.) If neither player has won two games at this point and neither player has more wins, then the match is a draw. If, after 5 turns, the match is 1-0, then the player with one win wins the match.

7. Slow Play: Since we are not watching all the games in person, it is difficult for us to determine slow play. However, if you are streaming and your opponent seems to be intentionally playing slow, call a judge over to your stream and we will observe the match. The escalation of penalties for slow play is: warning, time reduction for the offending player's clock, game loss, match loss.

8. Bugged Game Policy: Unfortunately, there are times when the game may substantially bug out or make it impossible to preserve the state of the game. If the players can preserve the state of the game, they should make efforts to do so. If the game bugs in a way that the players cannot agree to play through, neither player has fatal damage on the board/hands (if streaming or through provided screenshots), neither player is willing to concede the match, and the bug prevents the match from proceeding, then players are to restart the game. Players do not get extra time for bugged games.

A. Unfortunately, there are several interactions that we heard exist, but cannot confirm the precise steps to replicate those bugs. In interactive cases, we will have to treat several bugs "as is". That is, play will proceed as if the bug were intended. Unfortunately, the number of existing bugs that we were unable to catch suggests that the number of restarts would be higher than necessary for the tournament.

B. If a bug fundamentally breaks the state of the game, we will have the players restart the game. The threshold for this categorization is higher and may include instances where a player's self interactions trigger the bug.

C. If you find an interactive bug in your match that we have not listed, do report it to us. We will try to keep a running list of "as is" bugs on the FiveShards website for quick reference. Additionally, if you find a bug that fundamentally negates your opponents cards, not only are you obligated to inform the judging team, but you should inform your future opponents. For example, if we were to discover the Nibbler bug mid-tournament, it would be the player's obligation to tell each future opponent that their debuff effects will not work on the card.

9. The administrators of the tournament are also the judges for the event. For the Blood Cup, the head judge is Zubrin and we will have a few judges on hand that will exist as the first point of contact. We will have a procedures and penalties document up prior to the tournament.

10. If your deck is built around exploiting a bugged card that is clearly bugged in your own testing, you will forfeit the match you are currently in and we will drop you from the tournament. Since this is early in the set, there is a possibility that people will discover bugs not yet reported. All such bugs should be reported to the tournament administrators for banning consideration (as well as CZE). We strive to ensure the integrity of the tournament.

11. Deck Checks: If a player suspects that an opponent is playing with cards that are not in their original configuration for game 1, or if they are playing with cards that are not in their decklist or reserves, the player can immediately ask for a deck check. A tournament judge will then cross-check the suspected cards with the submitted decklist. If the player is found in violation, they automatically lose the game. If a player is found to make the mistake a third time, we will escalate the penalty to a match loss. Players may request two deck checks throughout the tournament and checks resulting in penalties will not count against the player's total number of checks.

12. Any player caught cheating or attempting to cheat will be dealt with at the discretion of tournament organizers, including but not limited to disqualification, banning from future events, and withholding prizes.

13. Feature Match Policy: If you are playing in the Blood Cup and are streaming, we take that as consent that you are willing to allow us to use your stream as a feature match on the main channel (twitch.tv/fiveshards (http://twitch.tv/fiveshards)). If, however, you would not like us to do this, please let us know as soon as possible and we will not host your stream. If you would like, you can use our official card blocker here:

http://fiveshards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/uAMKCFf.jpg

14. To drop from the tournament, you will submit a request to us via a form. You need to use your safeword (entered with deck registration) to properly drop from the tournament. New Rule for Season 2: If a player decides to end the tournament early, but does not fill out the drop form to remove themselves from the pool (or does not individually remove themselves from the tournament via battlefy) they will lose 1 Shard Cup point. Please drop from the tournament so we do not have any dead games.

15. The play order for the first game in each match of the top 8 is determined by seeding.

Zubrin
05-20-2015, 09:09 PM
Reserved for bans/restrictions/updates/pictures of the blood cup:

http://fiveshards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Blood-Cup-Banner-624x280.jpg

Fyren
05-20-2015, 09:23 PM
As a 3-month player without anything approaching a complete collection, there's every chance I'm basically going to have my posterior handed to me by two trained butlers on a sterling silver platter with gold filigree styling, brushed and baked with a coating of finest butter, ringed lightly with caviar, and served with a side of mashed potato by a chef with a Michelin Star rating.

But hell with it. Not gonna beat the windmill unless you tilt at it, right?

Let's do this.

Diesbudt
05-20-2015, 10:10 PM
As a 3-month player without anything approaching a complete collection, there's every chance I'm basically going to have my posterior handed to me by two trained butlers on a sterling silver platter with gold filigree styling, brushed and baked with a coating of finest butter, ringed lightly with caviar, and served with a side of mashed potato by a chef with a Michelin Star rating.

But hell with it. Not gonna beat the windmill unless you tilt at it, right?

Let's do this.

You never know when a littler luck could give good tides!

Also, does this mean it is the 2nd round of the 5-shards tournament? I didnt read all that, too long.

AdamAoE2
05-20-2015, 10:12 PM
I didn't get much of an opportunity to play in any of the Cup Series in Season 1, though I read about each tournament afterwards. Looking forward to participating in Season 2. :-)

hammer
05-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Could be interesting *if* set 3 is released 9th June :p

bofedy
05-21-2015, 03:42 AM
Dat door prizes :)

Zubrin
05-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Dat door prizes :)

If you are referring to the buccaneer sleeves, we are also giving out a few with articles this and next week. In fact, one such article is up right now. :)

Zubrin
05-27-2015, 08:04 AM
We are up to 48 participants and also now open for sponsorship of our cups. We have three cups open for sponsorship at the moment, the Ruby Cup, the Sapphire Cup, and the ever popular Wild Cup. Please send an email to fiveshards@gmail.com if you are interested.

magic_gazz
06-01-2015, 09:00 PM
With all the spoilers, one could assume that set 3 is "Soon".

Whats the cut off for it being released and legal in this tournament? If set 3 was to be released on the weekend of the even, would the event still run?

jonsnow2000
06-02-2015, 05:39 AM
Dangit! I just realized I can't play in this one :( Gonne be away on that saturday on a weekend trip. Oh well, I've grown tired of the meta anyway... Really hope by July we have Set 3 already. Good luck everybody! Oh, and Zubrin please take me out of the fantasy roster for the June event (for the unlikely case anyone wanted to pick me)

Zubrin
06-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Dangit! I just realized I can't play in this one :( Gonne be away on that saturday on a weekend trip. Oh well, I've grown tired of the meta anyway... Really hope by July we have Set 3 already. Good luck everybody! Oh, and Zubrin please take me out of the fantasy roster for the June event (for the unlikely case anyone wanted to pick me)

The way we are working on it, we can't really take people out of the list; Buy options will always be available, just people need to check their information!

Hopefully you can make the Ruby Cup!

Zubrin
06-05-2015, 06:16 AM
8 Days left.

I recommend not missing out on the first tournament that earns you points for the Cup of Fate!

Zubrin
06-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Less than four days to register!

http://battlefy.com/fiveshards/fiveshards-blood-cup-season-2/555bd4c4da4d81c70079dc00/info

magic_gazz
06-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Im still trying to decide what to play lol

Zubrin
06-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Im still trying to decide what to play lol

Just to be clear, you can register now and submit your deck list early Saturday morning. I know Gazz knows this, but I figured I would mention it just in case my last post was unclear.

hex_colin
06-09-2015, 01:18 PM
8 Days left.

I recommend not missing out on the first tournament that earns you points for the Cup of Fate!

Insane prizes for the Cup of Fate, better than last season! :)

jonsnow2000
06-09-2015, 05:12 PM

*drool*

Fyren
06-09-2015, 05:40 PM

BUGGER THE PRIZES, THERE MUST BE BLOOD*

*probably mine

Zubrin
06-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Bigger prizes?

That's an update that is new to me. The EV on the Cup of Fate is so huge.

LF1M to replace Zubrin so I can start playing. :)

Elwinz
06-10-2015, 08:17 AM
i can still register till saturday right? I have to consider if i wil be able to make it and thhe deck for it

Timlagor
06-10-2015, 08:36 AM
It looks like there are 92 people in already.
32+10 get prizes.

How high is that number likely to rise? (I know you can't predict exactly but you certainly have a better idea than me) ..and how many are likely to stay the course?

How long is it likely to take? (looks like 8 hours with a good deal of waiting about for people to finish but maybe you can cut that down by drawing the whole thing at the start so people can start subsequent rounds early if their opponent is ready: any 50 matches are likely to have at least once go to time but it won't necessarily be the same people each round)

How good a deck do you need to stand a chance? Should I expect (miracle drawing aside) to need heaps of legendaries to even have a shot at the top 32 or are there a decent proportion of relatively casual players? [I realise deck power is not purely a function of rarity/price but there's certainly a correlation]

Elwinz
06-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Look at undeafated may dekclist and fatecup decklists. Most of thme are very expensive. Dwarfbots are the cheapest by far. Proabably Tetzot deck wuold be second from budget freindly decks

Tazelbain
06-10-2015, 09:11 AM
You need a legit deck if you going for prizes. You might be able to bs your way through the first two rounds but the quality of player and deck quickly escalates.

Also you don't need to go for prizes, just use it as experience for future competitive tournaments.

Fyren
06-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Also you don't need to go for prizes, just use it as experience for future competitive tournaments.

Exactly. Join the battle. Even if you are weak now, at worst you will come from your defeat wiser.

desk
06-10-2015, 09:34 AM
It looks like there are 92 people in already.
32+10 get prizes.

How high is that number likely to rise? (I know you can't predict exactly but you certainly have a better idea than me) ..and how many are likely to stay the course?

How long is it likely to take? (looks like 8 hours with a good deal of waiting about for people to finish but maybe you can cut that down by drawing the whole thing at the start so people can start subsequent rounds early if their opponent is ready: any 50 matches are likely to have at least once go to time but it won't necessarily be the same people each round)

How good a deck do you need to stand a chance? Should I expect (miracle drawing aside) to need heaps of legendaries to even have a shot at the top 32 or are there a decent proportion of relatively casual players? [I realise deck power is not purely a function of rarity/price but there's certainly a correlation]
You can't get better without experience. My first large Hex community tournament I had no idea what I was doing and came in like 90th. My 2nd tournament I came in 3rd/4th.

Initially I would advise players new to the large constructed tournaments to focus less on prizes and more on personal growth and what you can learn from each tournament. Tournaments can be very long and very taxing on your mind and body, you need to get used to that. Figure out how to not let a bad loss phase you and keep playing at a high level.

Learn to understand the meta, when should you be net decking and when should you be running a brew. Find a group or guild to test with.

hex_colin
06-10-2015, 01:49 PM
You can't get better without experience. My first large Hex community tournament I had no idea what I was doing and came in like 90th. My 2nd tournament I came in 3rd/4th.

Initially I would advise players new to the large constructed tournaments to focus less on prizes and more on personal growth and what you can learn from each tournament. Tournaments can be very long and very taxing on your mind and body, you need to get used to that. Figure out how to not let a bad loss phase you and keep playing at a high level.

Learn to understand the meta, when should you be net decking and when should you be running a brew. Find a group or guild to test with.

Agreed.

Winning half your matches overall in all 5 cups is probably enough to make it to the Fate Cup. It's well worth trying.

Also, for those worried about the time commitment. Just get a season of TV you haven't watched, and chain watch it during the downtime. :)

Elwinz
06-10-2015, 02:17 PM
Its not aobut what to do while waitnig but more like .. how i can be aviaalble all that time to play ...

nicosharp
06-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Its not aobut what to do while waitnig but more like .. how i can be aviaalble all that time to play ...
Yeah, it's tough. The last VIP weekend pretty much castrated me from future Saturday events. I abused it, and overused it, and now I have to go to family conducted AA meetings of me holding babies and feeding them while wife goes shopping.

Elwinz
06-11-2015, 06:41 AM
Lat 2 sturdays i would be able to give it a shot. I know by now that i have no chance to being avaiable whole saturday ;/

Timlagor
06-11-2015, 09:22 AM
Sounds like there's no real point me playing this: nothing to do with skill or learning, I simply don't have the cards and losing a big tournament isn't going to help that.

No one actually answered my time question but from the comments that were made I infer that my idea of letting people move on out of sync is not in effect.

Zubrin
06-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Sounds like there's no real point me playing this: nothing to do with skill or learning, I simply don't have the cards and losing a big tournament isn't going to help that.

No one actually answered my time question but from the comments that were made I infer that my idea of letting people move on out of sync is not in effect.

An asynch tournament would require more rounds and works better in a different format such as round robin. For swiss, we need to be able to power match people (match people based on their records) to produce a clean break in 7-8 rounds. As such, expect the tournament to last 7-8 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday.

Most people will drop after they lose 2 rounds; for some, the tournament will only last 2-5 hours. If you are serious about getting into competitive play, I recommend playing a few rounds to start accumulating points. The final tournament of last season had over $3,000 in prizes, including direct cash as well as a free flight to HexEnt/GenCon for the winner.

Colin, in this very thread, has articulated a will to bigger prizes. I don't comprehend what that means as the prize pool for the tournament is already amazing.

Elwinz
06-11-2015, 11:16 AM
PDT is what time curently comapred to gmt ?
I know it is pacific daylight saving time, played varuoius mmo on american servers. As i recall the difference was 7-8 hours depending on time of the year. How it is now? Actualy being it afternoon in europe i might have a chance to find time for it

hex_colin
06-11-2015, 11:57 AM
PDT is what time curently comapred to gmt ?
I know it is pacific daylight saving time, played varuoius mmo on american servers. As i recall the difference was 7-8 hours depending on time of the year. How it is now? Actualy being it afternoon in europe i might have a chance to find time for it

Generally 8 hours.

Saeijou
06-11-2015, 01:11 PM
colin, why you not join???? :(

(i know, you are to busy... but... i would love to play against you sometimes ;)

hex_colin
06-11-2015, 08:50 PM
colin, why you not join???? :(

(i know, you are to busy... but... i would love to play against you sometimes ;)

I'm signed up :)

poizonous
06-11-2015, 09:23 PM
colin has to win his own prizes =) Just seems silly if he wouldnt

Timlagor
06-12-2015, 12:25 AM
An asynch tournament would require more rounds and works better in a different format such as round robin. For swiss, we need to be able to power match people (match people based on their records) to produce a clean break in 7-8 rounds. As such, expect the tournament to last 7-8 hours on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday.

Good point. You could potentially match people as they won but there a great deal of potential for that to be unfair.

Most people will drop after they lose 2 rounds; for some, the tournament will only last 2-5 hours. If you are serious about getting into competitive play, I recommend playing a few rounds to start accumulating points. The final tournament of last season had over $3,000 in prizes, including direct cash as well as a free flight to HexEnt/GenCon for the winner.

If I was serious about getting into this I would spend money on it and join a guild/testing group and ... I'm not seriously committed to this. I was curious whether it was worth giving it a shot anyway. Apparently not. That's fine too.

Tinfoil
06-12-2015, 03:28 AM
I havn't got time to make it unfortunately, but gl and hf to all.

Zubrin
06-12-2015, 07:21 AM
We are on the precipice of entering an 8 round tournament (as is our norm). Signup!

Elwinz
06-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Sing up are avalialbe till 8 am saturday right?

Zubrin
06-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Sing up are avalialbe till 8 am saturday right?

Correct!

Zubrin
06-13-2015, 05:53 AM
registration ends in 2 hours!

jmlaff
06-13-2015, 06:27 AM
I'm totally new at this kind of thing, i hope i have done my registration correctly and that someone will guide me at the beginning, because i really don't know what to do when the tournament starts... :)

Warrender
06-13-2015, 06:54 AM
I'm totally new at this kind of thing, i hope i have done my registration correctly and that someone will guide me at the beginning, because i really don't know what to do when the tournament starts... :)

You could always hang out here http://www.twitch.tv/fiveshards to follow the tourney and ask questions. Basically, Battlefy will pair everyone off once it starts and inform everybody of their matchups by email. Then it is up to the participants to find their opponents and challenge them in the Proving Grounds.

Sideboarding in Proving Grounds is tricky but, with practice, it's not that bad. Basically, I would suggest making changes to your deck and saving as a new deck name. This way you don't accidentally forget to un-sideboard your deck before the next match.

Xenavire
06-13-2015, 06:59 AM
You could always hang out here http://www.twitch.tv/fiveshards to follow the tourney and ask questions. Basically, Battlefy will pair everyone off once it starts and inform everybody of their matchups by email. Then it is up to the participants to find their opponents and challenge them in the Proving Grounds.

Sideboarding in Proving Grounds is tricky but, with practice, it's not that bad. Basically, I would suggest making changes to your deck and saving as a new deck name. This way you don't accidentally forget to un-sideboard your deck before the next match.

This is actually quite ingenuous. Thats a tip I will hopefully remember under pressure.

Warrender
06-13-2015, 07:45 AM
This is actually quite ingenuous. Thats a tip I will hopefully remember under pressure.

An advanced tip is to type gibberish in the search card name field to blank the card list in the deck editor. This allows you to switch cards to and from the sideboard more easily.

Xenavire
06-13-2015, 07:55 AM
An advanced tip is to type gibberish in the search card name field to blank the card list in the deck editor. This allows you to switch cards to and from the sideboard more easily.

That one I knew, but definitely a valuable tip - helps so freaking much.

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Seems this tournament ddint went well for mono saphire decks ;p

poizonous
06-14-2015, 12:20 AM
Seems this tournament ddint went well for mono saphire decks ;p

i bet all the mono sapph ran into dwarves, 5% win chance... i know my teammate ran into 4 aggro dwarve decks... didnt bode well

havocattack
06-14-2015, 12:23 AM
Mono sapphire has weaknesses and generally at a disadvantage when compared to one that splashes another color.

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 12:25 AM
there were huge variety of decks in tihs tournmanent. And it wasnt just dwarf/agro

ON ruby saphire we had gorefeast,tetzot,control and dwar agrro. We have seen almost everything including mono diamond, diamond ruby, mono ruby, B/w filk ape decks, mancubus deck, W/R/S azurefate moss deck ... everything pretyy much. Seems diaomond/blood and blood/saphire had best time. Havent seen mono wild ramp deck tough.

Tbh i got hardest time against mono ruby dekc. got just rushed realy fast and with cerebral and anarchist i couldnt count on extinct since he had enough card drew to keep beating on me .. There was nothing i could do litraly
Gto destroyed far harder than by gorefeast.
Played twice against tezot one i defeat. Second one he just got perfect hand/draws both games ;s
I killied 2 azurefate ... he puts 3rd (he had one on opening hand thge other 2 was topdecks after kiling first one)

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 01:06 AM
Mono sapphire has weaknesses and generally at a disadvantage when compared to one that splashes another color.

Kinda, I have played against Xanavire he was playing same deck as you run. At some point he was like 4health and i had too choose kill rese or sight of the sun .. Killed reese than he pllayed manstery of time chain with sight of the sun and he got bakc to full health xD. Tough 2 mastery of times reese could be very dangerous too. -.- That was y first game .. well second game i had like 5 discards ( inqusiotons, curses) on hand 2 mana ... but never got anymore muana discarded his MoT interupts ... and died ;p But things could go very diferent if i wasnt shard scrweed tough.

Xenavire
06-14-2015, 02:13 AM
I quite enjoyed the tourney, despite being sick. Finally got to bring out my Saph/Wild deck that I had been tinkering with since set 2 launched (would have brought it sooner but I had no time for any cup except the diamond cup) and it performed amazingly well.

My only match losses were to flood (Errantsquire G2, kept a moderate hand, topdecked 4 shards in a row, by which time I had run out of answers, G3 I hit a lategame pocket of shards and again ran out of answers.) Good to see my other loss wasn't all bad, as TripplePac made top 8, but again late game pockets of shards cost me (G2 was pretty even, I could have swung it with some good draws but didn't happen, was a good game. G3 left me a little salty because my 23 shard deck ended on 14, and his 25 shard deck topped at 8 and every draw for him was useful. Was incredibly close too, got him to 3 health IIRC before I completely ran out of answers.) Ah, the top 8 that might have been.

Still, 19th isn't the end of the world.

jmlaff
06-14-2015, 02:57 AM
i had fun, that was all i expected from my first tournament. The meta will change with set 3 incoming, but i think i learned something more about this game. Thank you everybody!

AdamAoE2
06-14-2015, 04:40 AM
I ran with a mono sapphire deck and tuned it to be even better against control decks and gambled that I wouldn't run into any dwarves.

...I ran into 5 dwarves. My final record? 3-5 :P I had fun though, even though I sucked it up. Hopefully I can have a much better showing in the next cup.

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Yeah monosaph is dominant controll, but there were so many aggro decks flying around there it had hard times.

YourOpponent
06-14-2015, 05:32 AM
It sounds like it was another good tournament. I am definitely going to have to get back into competitive tournaments again by requesting time off from work, because face it..management wants me having less hours so I doubt that they'll object to me taking a scheduled few days off each month :P As always looking forward to seeing the top 8 deck lists and it sounds like the Set 1 Human Feast could of worked out pretty well this time around.

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Gorefeast is always there. Always at leas one makes to top 8 and there is many other of them around.
Tough addind set 2 cards like army of arcane cinder is quite important. It raly gives upper hand against extinction ;p Lost to it so i know -.-

vulture27
06-14-2015, 06:16 AM
I ran with a mono sapphire deck and tuned it to be even better against control decks and gambled that I wouldn't run into any dwarves.

...I ran into 5 dwarves. My final record? 3-5 :P I had fun though, even though I sucked it up. Hopefully I can have a much better showing in the next cup.

Its like we were playing in two different tournaments. I didn't see a single dwarf deck, but 5 rounds were mono S or S/x control.

Go first, turn 2 inquisition - I win.
Go second, their turn 2 reese tunnel - I lose.

/yawn

Elwinz
06-14-2015, 06:37 AM
there were 200 players in the tournaments so expeirnirce mayh vary a lot. I played agianst reese 6 times tough they were different deck types
out of 200 players around 1/3 was playing bertram ( so dwarfbots or reese) so probabilty into runing into them was quite high. PErsonaly i faces ruby/saphire 5 times.

Zubrin
06-14-2015, 06:37 AM
It sounds like it was another good tournament. I am definitely going to have to get back into competitive tournaments again by requesting time off from work, because face it..management wants me having less hours so I doubt that they'll object to me taking a scheduled few days off each month :P As always looking forward to seeing the top 8 deck lists and it sounds like the Set 1 Human Feast could of worked out pretty well this time around.

The top 8 decklists: http://fiveshards.com/blood-cup-season-2-top-8-deck-lists/

nickon
06-16-2015, 01:46 AM
Zubrin, can we expect some footage to be uploaded to the fiveshards youtube channel?

Zubrin
06-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Zubrin, can we expect some footage to be uploaded to the fiveshards youtube channel?

Probably! Tecnophi is our youtube master and...he doesn't have the raw files this time as he was traveling, so he either has to splice them from Twitch or get them from Hacky.

I will inquire and see what the plan is.

Zubrin
06-16-2015, 11:38 AM
I followed up with Phi and he said he could probably get them up in about a week's time.

nickon
06-17-2015, 06:36 AM
I followed up with Phi and he said he could probably get them up in about a week's time.

Awesome! I'll see them popping up in the youtube channel :) Thanks!