PDA

View Full Version : Playmats

vbui0803
05-20-2015, 10:15 PM
Anyone else see the playmats on crytozoic's product site? I'm pretty excited about these.
I hope they get released soon. Any other thoughts by anyone?

AaronH
05-21-2015, 05:00 AM
I will probably try to get my hands on one of these, but I wish they were more like Ascension's board rather than the huge mousepad type. I'm sure they feel great and make it easy to remove cards from, though. But they'll hold dirt better and they aren't as easy to carry with you to a game night as folding cardboard is.

The4gotNdeath
05-23-2015, 06:40 PM
omfg they have playmats now?

takes out wallet

here, take my money.

jflatt
06-06-2015, 11:09 AM
There's Heroes United and Forever Evil playmats, can we get one for the first game? Scalpers are selling them for ridiculous prices.

Matt_Hyra
06-06-2015, 10:56 PM
There's Heroes United and Forever Evil playmats, can we get one for the first game? Scalpers are selling them for ridiculous prices.

The original play mat is an OP prize exclusive. They will always be a bit rare. About 25 players earned them at Origins.

LexLuthorJr
06-08-2015, 03:27 PM
But they'll hold dirt better and they aren't as easy to carry with you to a game night as folding cardboard is.

Really? A playmat can be rolled and folded any way you want. That seems much easier to carry to me.

AaronH
06-08-2015, 08:40 PM
The rubber is more dense, it won't fold flat and it's going to take up more space is my main point. I'm not knocking the mats or saying they're bad, I'd love to own one. But the boards for Ascension are superior IMO. A rolled up mat is less handy than a board that folds and can be placed in the box.

The4gotNdeath
06-08-2015, 09:07 PM
The original play mat is an OP prize exclusive. They will always be a bit rare. About 25 players earned them at Origins.

so will there be more deck1 mats available as prizes at future events? and if so where can i find the cryptozoic itinerary so i know where and when to be?

LexLuthorJr
06-09-2015, 10:40 PM
I love the playmats, but they are not really conducive to playing in Crisis Mode. Are you planning on releasing any that would be? (Space for Kicks, Weaknesses, Super-Villains, Crises, and a Main deck in the corner leaving plenty of room for a larger line-up.)

The4gotNdeath
06-10-2015, 10:38 AM
I love the playmats, but they are not really conducive to playing in Crisis Mode. Are you planning on releasing any that would be? (Space for Kicks, Weaknesses, Super-Villains, Crises, and a Main deck in the corner leaving plenty of room for a larger line-up.)

I woulda also be very much in favor of playmats for crisis

DimeDrl
06-12-2015, 12:43 PM
The rubber is more dense, it won't fold flat and it's going to take up more space is my main point. I'm not knocking the mats or saying they're bad, I'd love to own one. But the boards for Ascension are superior IMO. A rolled up mat is less handy than a board that folds and can be placed in the box.

You can just roll the mat, put it in a mat tube and turn the tube into a sling with a sturdy piece of string. Two carefully placed holes on either side of the tube and you're good to go.

AaronH
06-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Yes, that is one (bulky) solution. I never said it wasn't portable, I said it is less portable and handy. There are also advantages to this style of mat, as I said before.

Not sure why you're so hung up on arguing over this, dude.

Mac_Apple
06-13-2015, 02:05 PM
I woulda also be very much in favor of playmats for crisis
Lol, if some instances with Frozen City are any indicator, it would have to be an entire table-sized mat. We've had some massive Line-Ups before.

DimeDrl
06-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Not sure why you're so hung up on arguing over this, dude.

I made ONE post. Arguing requires some back and forth and we never really got to the forth, dude. :p

AaronH
06-15-2015, 02:31 AM
I made ONE post. Arguing requires some back and forth and we never really got to the forth, dude. :p

Yep, that's my bad. Thought you were the same guy. What I get for not double-checking. ;)

dreampiece
07-05-2015, 10:45 AM
I would love that they make a generic playmat that works for all their cerberus engine games including Naruto that has a hand sign stack.