PDA

View Full Version : New Spoiler

Assassine
05-22-2015, 02:53 AM
Seen on Neos stream. If anyone could screenshot it, a picture would be nice.

http://i.imgur.com/60ZVDCg.png

Eternal Sage
5 Cost
Artifact Troop - Construct (Legendary)

When you gain (Blood Threshold), bury the top 5 cards of each opposing champions deck.
When you gain (Diamond Threshold), gain 4 life.
When you gain (Ruby Threshold), deal 1 damage to each opposing troop.
When you gain (Sapphire Treshold), exhaust target opposing troop. It cant ready during its controllers next ready step.
When you gain (Wild Treshold), target troop gets +3/+3 this turn.

5/5

Whats your thoughts on this card? Did anyone find any other new spoilers?

Khendral
05-22-2015, 02:55 AM
It costs 5, right?

Cernz
05-22-2015, 02:58 AM
yep 5 cost 5/5 with some nice threshold effects :D

Assassine
05-22-2015, 02:58 AM
Yes, sorry. Editing that in.

Khendral
05-22-2015, 03:02 AM
It might be good in a Sapphire/Wild deck as a late game finisher...or not, since when you play that you'll probably generate few more thresholds.

It might get crazy if/when we get resources that give two thresholds at once, or threshold-generating cards and abilities.

Ps: That and Spectral Lotus triggering one ability thrice :D

Assassine
05-22-2015, 03:05 AM
If you solitary exile it and then play comet strike, will it come back into play in time to procc off the tresholds? :D

Khendral
05-22-2015, 03:10 AM
I don't think so - Comet Strike would resolve (destroying solitary exile, giving thresholds...) and then solitary exile would trigger its "return voided card". Not 100% certain though.

Khendral
05-22-2015, 03:15 AM

Khendral
05-22-2015, 03:15 AM

From Infam0usne0's stream

Apologies for the duplicate :/

Assassine
05-22-2015, 03:18 AM
picture added to OP, thanks Khendral :)

poizonous
05-22-2015, 03:52 AM
Comet Strike would only net you 40 life, since the Ruby Threshold and Sapphire Threshold would have 0 targets. I am still in the mind set of it not working anyway due to timing.

vulture27
05-22-2015, 03:56 AM
Amazing limited bomb. Automatic p1,p1 over anything else.

I can't imagine this ever seeing serious constructed play.

poizonous
05-22-2015, 04:13 AM
I can't imagine this ever seeing serious constructed play.

Are you crazy? a 5/5 Artifact for 5 that pretty much a GG card for 3 shards?

wolzarg
05-22-2015, 04:20 AM
if it costed 3 i would have lost all hope for Hexent it costs 5 which is only fair based on its size and extencive ability collection. I still don't think it will see much play in constructed but its not impossible that wild ruby ramp of some kind takes it for a spin. Other than that as people already said a monster bomb in limited they better have effective artifact removal.

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 05:10 AM

Not sure where you are getting the GG for 3 shards from. None of the abilities can guarantee a win that fast unless you play multiples.

Blood is the most likely to win fast, but is the weakest for board position. Gaining multiple ruby threshold in a turn is nasty but not guaranteed lethal by any stretch. Gaining health won't help. Nor will the buff while they have chumpers. So the best shard is likely saph (since you can do some board lockdown while waiting for a better wincon.)

ossuary
05-22-2015, 05:15 AM
Everyone in this thread who thinks it's junk, I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is. I'll buy any number of these you care to sell on day 1 for 100p each. Since they're junk, they should end up at the price floor pretty quickly, so this is a great deal for you. :)

Tachi_The_Lion
05-22-2015, 05:22 AM
Everyone in this thread who thinks it's junk, I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is. I'll buy any number of these you care to sell on day 1 for 100p each. Since they're junk, they should end up at the price floor pretty quickly, so this is a great deal for you. :)

I raise you to 110p. Offering to buy "junk" is my thing! D:

Erukk
05-22-2015, 05:29 AM
I hope this hints at the possibility of us playing around with thresholds in some later sets.

Assassine
05-22-2015, 05:36 AM

Isnt the price floor for legendaries 100 though? :P

Mahes
05-22-2015, 05:55 AM
The card has a descent chance of being constructed playable. It is not unique. It is fairly easy to copy artifacts pretty quickly, thus allowing its effects to stack. It is not an obvious bomb but it certainly has a chance of being powerful enough in the right deck.

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 06:02 AM
The card has a descent chance of being constructed playable. It is not unique. It is fairly easy to copy artifacts pretty quickly, thus allowing its effects to stack. It is not an obvious bomb but it certainly has a chance of being powerful enough in the right deck.

This is exactly right - alone it is decent, but stack them and it gets silly.

I know I want 4, because I love flexible cards. And nothing is more flexible than the sage is.

Skoglar
05-22-2015, 06:07 AM

Nope, it is 50P for legendaries

WolfCrypt
05-22-2015, 06:08 AM
This card sounds a bit overpowered but then again I've not been on since easter XD

vickrpg
05-22-2015, 06:20 AM
My johnny senses are tingling. Midnight shepherd deck? give it lethal and play ruby shards? Combine with other eternals for the funnest theme deck ever? An amazing addition to inspire decks? PvE deck with Pact of life equip? ooh, and you can combine it with Wild root dancer and his equip...

... If anyone thinks this is junk I'll gladly buy them off you for cheap.

RCDv57
05-22-2015, 06:38 AM
This guy could be really awesome in a Vennon deck, with his :blood: mill power.
And he is one of the coolest looking Eternals to date.

ossuary
05-22-2015, 06:59 AM

It's 50. See Comet Strike. ;)

100 is for AAs.

Assassine
05-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Ah, my bad.

Ariathor
05-22-2015, 09:32 AM
It might be good in a Sapphire/Wild deck as a late game finisher...or not, since when you play that you'll probably generate few more thresholds.

It might get crazy if/when we get resources that give two thresholds at once, or threshold-generating cards and abilities.

Ps: That and Spectral Lotus triggering one ability thrice :D

My first thought. I think a 0/1 shard that gives two+ thresholds and no charge is totally reasonable.

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 09:35 AM
Definitely more applicable to PvE - but I can see it maybe gracing the constructed scene as a weird sideboard in 5color, or a staple in Blood/Sapphire Mill.

Aradon
05-22-2015, 09:57 AM
My first thought. I think a 0/1 shard that gives two+ thresholds and no charge is totally reasonable.

I agree with this, and expect to see it implemented some day in the next two blocks. It's a good alternative to the current duals, though the new tribal ones coming up will probably be better as long as you're playing a decent number of that tribe.

I already miss the flexibility of actual duals from MtG compared to these 'fetchland' style that we have right now.

kameda
05-22-2015, 10:42 AM
More spoilers from gameinformer:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/hex_shards_of_fate/b/pc/archive/2015/05/22/check-out-these-exclusive-hex-armies-of-myth-preview-cards.aspx

http://i.imgur.com/b9UPHbY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OthU4ln.jpg

edit: Wow sorry about the size, how do i make them smaller?

vickrpg
05-22-2015, 10:44 AM
I already miss the flexibility of actual duals from MtG compared to these 'fetchland' style that we have right now.
I don't miss having a hand full of Green cards, a field full of mountains, drawing a single forest and being forced to play 1 card a turn until I draw another...

Threshold spoiled me too much to go back to MTG.

vickrpg
05-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Holy crap that's a secy duke (that was posted while I was typing my last post)
So much potential.. And Troop copies? Not replicas? Interesting.... So many combos...

Edswor
05-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Holy crap that's a secy duke (that was posted while I was typing my last post)
So much potential.. And Troop copies? Not replicas? Interesting.... So many combos...

Nice catch, I didn't see it. I directly thought of a replica. It seems they are introducing "copy" for troops in set 3.

Assassine
05-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Well, considering what we saw of blood sphinx copying things, a copy is just the base version of the card (whereas a replica is a tresholdless, artifact, robot replica version of the base version of the card)

Aradon
05-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Windsinger's art style is unique, too. It looks rough or unfinished. I like that they're incorporating lots of different aesthetics for cards.

Also, Periwinkle can create copies of troops rather than replicas, too.

the_artic_one
05-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Chimes uses the word copy as well.

vickrpg
05-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Chimes uses the word copy as well.
Not for troops.

Windsinger's art style is unique, too. It looks rough or unfinished. I like that they're incorporating lots of different aesthetics for cards.

Also, Periwinkle can create copies of troops rather than replicas, too.
Posted (or at least seen by me) these 2 spoilers. either way, It's introduced in Set 3 =)

Well, considering what we saw of blood sphinx copying things, a copy is just the base version of the card (whereas a replica is a tresholdless, artifact, robot replica version of the base version of the card)
Indeed, but we've never seen this for troops. It makes me wonder if we'll ever get "duplicates"- a MODIFIED copy of the card.

Vorsa
05-22-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm afraid that I find the Duke's ability confusing...

Normal state = No ability?
One Shot + 1 resource = He has the permanent abilities of "must attack" and "create a speedy temporary clone"?
After using One Shot + 1 to Shift = Target other friendly troop gains those abilities instead?

I can see that comprehension-test running down the clock a bit in drafts!

Windsinger is an interesting one too - and love the art. :cool:
Do hope that wild gets some Living Totem/Soul Marble style resource sinks this set though, because all these super Coyotle replenish powers aren't exactly optimized currently.

Eternal Sage looks fun (and like it was made for Extended Art!), but I never seem to find a niche for Eternals or Nulzann cards - barring equipment, I don't think this will buck that trend...

Assassine
05-22-2015, 03:47 PM
The basic oneshot 1 describes the Shift: The effect of shifting the power to another troop is a oneshot, at basic speed, and costs 1 to use.

RCDv57
05-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Now I can kill Windsinger with Phenteo's Eggs!

rjselzler
05-23-2015, 12:00 AM
I don't miss having a hand full of Green cards, a field full of mountains, drawing a single forest and being forced to play 1 card a turn until I draw another...

Threshold spoiled me too much to go back to MTG.

+1

Aradon
05-23-2015, 08:30 AM
The basic oneshot 1 describes the Shift: The effect of shifting the power to another troop is a oneshot, at basic speed, and costs 1 to use.

Are you sure about that? I thought shift was a flat ability that cost 1 at basic, but was not a 1-shot. Maybe it means that he has a 1-shot ability to grant himself the must-attack and copy text, and the 1-shot ability has Shift, so you can move it to another creature too.
Or maybe they changed shift to be a 1-shot.

Unrelated, I'd like to see a creature that can shift when it dies, too.

Xenavire
05-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Are you sure about that? I thought shift was a flat ability that cost 1 at basic, but was not a 1-shot. Maybe it means that he has a 1-shot ability to grant himself the must-attack and copy text, and the 1-shot ability has Shift, so you can move it to another creature too.
Or maybe they changed shift to be a 1-shot.

Unrelated, I'd like to see a creature that can shift when it dies, too.

Shift is definitely a 1-shot. It always was.

kameda
05-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Penta spoiled this yesterday, dont think it has been posted on the forums yet.

http://puu.sh/hXWUQ/e437841b29.jpg

dogmod
05-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Ooooo... Brown Fox scout is sexy

MugenMusou
05-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Penta spoiled this yesterday, dont think it has been posted on the forums yet.

http://puu.sh/hXWUQ/e437841b29.jpg

Brown fox ability is very unique to digital world, and I think this mechanics deserves own keyword and have more card like this. This almost seems more fitting for word prophecy.

Showsni
05-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Hey, a Quick Brown Fox. Now we need a Lazy Dog.

Slaeer
05-23-2015, 04:11 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving the new border for the new multi shard cards

Vorsa
05-23-2015, 04:35 PM
That is a nifty troop; I imagine it combo's nicely with cheap Prophecy effects (as you'll see exactly whom they'll be applied to & have them accessible), but also a nice layer of board-wipe recovery (have it in play & ready to attack on your turn).

kameda
05-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Spoiled by havoc:

http://i.imgur.com/RSVScHO.jpg

poizonous
05-24-2015, 02:20 AM
okay can someone explain shift a bit for me. is the shift 1 the one shot ability with the other effect not being a one shot or are both effects one shot abilities?

Ertzi
05-24-2015, 02:31 AM
I understand this card (Mistlord) as follows:

You can only use the actual Shift ability at basic speed (this would transfer the ability and cost 1). The actual transferred Shift ability would be the "pay 3, Void this etc." and this could be done at Quick speed.

I could be wrong.

Erukk
05-24-2015, 02:39 AM
Double :diamond:, but this is still going to be a fun ability to abuse. Great ability to have your bombs survive board sweepers and general removal as well, if the ability does turn out to be quick.

kameda
05-24-2015, 03:09 AM
I understand this card (Mistlord) as follows:

You can only use the actual Shift ability at basic speed (this would transfer the ability and cost 1). The actual transferred Shift ability would be the "pay 3, Void this etc." and this could be done at Quick speed.

I could be wrong.

This is correct

Vorsa
05-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Another fun card, and mighty fine art!
It's a shame (though surely balanced) that the ability to return from the void is only activated for 1 turn when you pay the cost, rather than always being active.
Still; just need to find something with a worthwile "enters play" effect to combo...

Is anyone else intrigued/disturbed that all 4 central races for set 3 seem to be 'finesse' ones:

> Stats lower than cost (except at the very low cost end of the spectrum).
> No combat keywords (Flight is the only one we've seen on a set 3 card).
> No non-legendary troops which can grow once they're in play.

Set 3 is going to be quite weird to draft (especially 3|3|3 drafts), and it would seem like Lethal and Swiftstrike troops from earlier sets will be hard to answer...

vulture27
05-24-2015, 03:32 AM
It's a shame (though surely balanced) that the ability to return from the void is only activated for 1 turn when you pay the cost, rather than always being active.

The shift is a one shot. The ability is gives is not.

chromus
05-24-2015, 03:35 AM
Admittedly, I'm usually not an art or lore buff per se but really love everything about this card! It's as if the art captures that brief yet exact moment where the Mistlord switches from Mist to Rogue, about to pounce on its prey. Its power is also very fitting as it disappears at Quick speed, only to come back for more! :D

Xenavire
05-24-2015, 03:37 AM
Still; just need to find something with a worthwile "enters play" effect to combo...

Is anyone else intrigued/disturbed that all 4 central races for set 3 seem to be 'finesse' ones:

> Stats lower than cost (except at the very low cost end of the spectrum).
> No combat keywords (Flight is the only one we've seen on a set 3 card).
> No non-legendary troops which can grow once they're in play.

Set 3 is going to be quite weird to draft (especially 3|3|3 drafts), and it would seem like Lethal and Swiftstrike troops from earlier sets will be hard to answer...

We have seen very, very few common/uncommon cards so far. No reason to worry. Spoiler season is always like this.

Mahes
05-24-2015, 04:12 AM
Buccaneer will love him long time.

Salverus
05-24-2015, 04:26 AM
so this card only comes back once to the board and only an extra time if you void it yourself right?
Because first time reading it, i thought it would stay in the void and you would get the card every single turn. But there are not much cards that can do that, so what is the big benefit?

poizonous
05-24-2015, 04:40 AM
so this card only comes back once to the board and only an extra time if you void it yourself right?
Because first time reading it, i thought it would stay in the void and you would get the card every single turn. But there are not much cards that can do that, so what is the big benefit?

The effect is optional, you can choose to void him and have him come back at end step. He is a very versatile troop that evades kill spells and returns to battle, giving this effect to any troop with an "Enters play" effect will be hugely beneficial

ossuary
05-24-2015, 05:30 AM
He can also get inspired multiple times, or use enters-play abilities repeatedly if you shift it onto a troop that has an enters-play ability (buccaneer? corpse fly? legionnaire of gawain for an ever-expanding, ever-repeatable sweeper? sploosh). This guy is super nasty, I expect him to be a value rare.

Salverus
05-24-2015, 05:36 AM
i still dont understand completely how the card works, but i ll just wait and watch how the drafters use him :D

vulture27
05-24-2015, 05:38 AM
He can also get inspired multiple times, or use enters-play abilities repeatedly if you shift it onto a troop that has an enters-play ability (buccaneer? corpse fly? legionnaire of gawain for an ever-expanding, ever-repeatable sweeper? sploosh). This guy is super nasty, I expect him to be a value rare.

I'm not entirely convinced.

4 cost + 1 cost shift + 3 cost activation - You have already invested a card and eight resources into one comes into play or leaves play effect. That's very slow, but obviously can give you a huge advantage if the game goes long enough.

My bet is it primarily being a sideboard in control vs control matches.

Edit: Even then you are risking getting 2 for 1ed. I'm super unimpressed with shift so far.

Erukk
05-24-2015, 06:08 AM
i still dont understand completely how the card works, but i ll just wait and watch how the drafters use him :D

Understandable, since they seem to have added the "basic oneshot" to do along with the Shift keyword to better explain it now I guess. Hopefully they're remove all the extra explanation fluff in a set or two when the ability has had a chance to sink in and becomes a staple (almost) everyone understands instantly.

Though to quote their original article...

With Shift, you can pay 1 resource to move this power at basic speed off this otherwise humble troop and place it on any other troop you control. Once you’ve moved the power, Shift falls off and the power is permanently on that new troop.

Basically, Pay 1 and Troop A can permanently give Troop B their ability, but Troop A loses said ability and the ability can no longer be transferred.

Salverus
05-24-2015, 06:27 AM
but the "this turn" at the end of the card, does it mean that the ability only lasts 1 turn on the card after it is voided ?
So the ability can only be used once at all?

e.g. i play Mistlord for 4, while i already have a buccanneer on the board (Lets use mahes example). Then you pay 1 to shift it to the buccanner. Now you can pay 3 to void the buccanner and let him reappear at the end of your turn, and then when he returns, it is a normal buccanneer again with the new ability from shift removed. Thus you pay a total of 8 resources to push an enemy troop from the board back into its owners hand with control+1?
It can also be used to avoid something like an extinction or mass dingler spell where it might be worth to pay those 8 resources. But in general the costs seems to be too high for a one time use ability in my opinion?

But thats what i thought about cards in the past too. Individual card looks weak and then you watch a video of HEX and someone has suddenly found a way to use that card in a way you had never thought of before and it is suddenly amazing.

Assassine
05-24-2015, 06:32 AM
No Salverus, the "this turn" only applies to the ability to return from the void. When you use the ability to void it, it gains the ability to the return from the void at the end of your turn, but only for this turn. So if you void it during an opposing turn, you lose it. But you can void it once on each of your turns and it will always return at the end of your turn.

Mahes
05-24-2015, 07:22 AM
Pretty sure it comes back at the end of "Your turn" regardless of when the effect is used. If somebody exiles the card as an example, it would come back at the end of your turn. I do not read the coming back as an optional thing. So, a person could bounce the buccaneer out on the opponents turn, then cast extinction on his turn and then get him back after the extinction resolves. This would be a mean combo, as your opponent would essentially be locked down from casting single creatures at this point. Of course using 3 colors can be tricky.

He is only a 7 cost for self protection. You could still just cast him for 4 and wait to see whether or not your opponent has an answer. The one shot at "basic" speed is what keeps him from being broken.

This set is going to have a lot of pricey rares in it.

Malicus
05-24-2015, 07:25 AM
No Salverus, the "this turn" only applies to the ability to return from the void. When you use the ability to void it, it gains the ability to the return from the void at the end of your turn, but only for this turn. So if you void it during an opposing turn, you lose it. But you can void it once on each of your turns and it will always return at the end of your turn.

I wonder if this is intentional as the ability as stated should work how you describe but it seems odd to make the ability only useful on your own turn.

Mahes
05-24-2015, 07:28 AM
I wonder if this is intentional as the ability as stated should work how you describe but it seems odd to make the ability only useful on your own turn.

You can use the ability on any turn. The creature will only come back at the end of "your turn" not the opponents turn if you use it on their turn.

Malicus
05-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Pretty sure it comes back at the end of "Your turn" regardless of when the effect is used. If somebody exiles the card as an example, it would come back at the end of your turn. I do not read the coming back as an optional thing. So, a person could bounce the buccaneer out on the opponents turn, then cast extinction on his turn and then get him back after the extinction resolves. This would be a mean combo, as your opponent would essentially be locked down from casting single creatures at this point. Of course using 3 colors can be tricky.

He is only a 7 cost for self protection. You could still just cast him for 4 and wait to see whether or not your opponent has an answer. The one shot at "basic" speed is what keeps him from being broken.

This set is going to have a lot of pricey rares in it.

It makes sense to work on any turn but the current wording specifically states that it only gains the return clause this turn and the return clause only works on your turn so if this turn is the opponents nothing should happen as by the time it gets to check at the end of your turn it would no longer be this turn and the ability would be gone. It may just be that the templating is still being developed though. Though they seem to intend that the ability not trigger off the card being exiled by other means such as solitary exile or immortal decree which seems ok.

AdamAoE2
05-24-2015, 08:42 AM
From Cirouss' stream. Awesome card.

http://i.imgur.com/g9leTRX.png

Metronomy
05-24-2015, 08:47 AM
This has op potential. With this effect I realy didnt exspect it to be a 4/5 flyer...like 4/5 flyer for 6 is already ok-ish, but with this ability its absurd. Remember that you can chain-play cards from top of your deck (play a shard, play a howling brave, play mastery of time).

I predict this one and phenteon being around 2k plat on initial release. The other legendaries fall short compared to them (of course just my oppinion).

Mahes
05-24-2015, 08:55 AM
As long as it stays out for a turn, then yes. They are coming out with a lot of creatures that are dangerous if they remain in play longer than one turn. It allows you to keep going as long as you do not hit more than one consecutive shard or run out of resource. I also believe it will allow a player to use quick effects on the opponent's turn. The 4/5 flying blocks the angel and the vampire and so has some relevance there.

Xenavire
05-24-2015, 10:22 AM
From Cirouss' stream. Awesome card.

http://i.imgur.com/g9leTRX.png

This is potentially my favourite set 3 card, and unless something else is outstanding, it is likely to stay that way.

Tinfoil
05-24-2015, 10:40 AM
Hit that with the indigo dreamwalker

poizonous
05-24-2015, 01:13 PM
As if mono sapphire needed another Win Con... I am very happy :)

ossuary
05-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Hit that with the indigo dreamwalker

Play Hideous Conversion, play Augur, wait for Xentoth's Inquisitor with mill gem to be your top card, play Indigo Dreamwalker, instawin.

Lefto
05-24-2015, 02:59 PM
This is potentially my favourite set 3 card, and unless something else is outstanding, it is likely to stay that way.

He doesn't even come close to Windrunner tbh

poizonous
05-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Play Hideous Conversion, play Augur, wait for Xentoth's Inquisitor with mill gem to be your top card, play Indigo Dreamwalker, instawin.

this combo sounds so expensively (Mana wise) fun to try

RCDv57
05-24-2015, 03:09 PM

Well, with enough Resources, you could potentially play every single card in your deck.
Both are cool cards, but Siri has far more combo potential than Windrunner.

Xenavire
05-24-2015, 08:21 PM

That is interesting but seems very difficult to pull off, plus we have no clear idea of how exactly the prophecy 'play it for free' will work. Neat concept though.

Augur is a combo cards (and can be used a a control finisher.) Windsinger on the other hand requires wild (which is a pain even if it isn't the end of the world) and is much less of a combo card (and above par as a control card.)

I prefer Augur because I know I can fit it into a ton of decks, while Windsinger is a build-around from the get-go.

ossuary
05-24-2015, 08:59 PM
That is interesting but seems very difficult to pull off, plus we have no clear idea of how exactly the prophecy 'play it for free' will work. Neat concept though.

"Play" is a specific game term. Previously we could only play cards from our hands, but now we're being told we can also sometimes play cards from other locations (at some point, we'll probably be able to play them from the void or graveyard in specific scenarios as well).

Augur lets you play the top card of your deck. Dreamwalker makes the next troop in your deck playable for free. So if Xentoth's is the top card of your deck and you play Dreamwalker, Xentoth is now free to play. Thanks to Augur, you can play the Xentoth's immediately off the top of your deck, for free. Hideous Conversion (or any other sacrifice outlet) lets you kill the Xentoth's off, put it back in your hand, and play it for free again.

It's important to note that Dreamwalker does NOT say the next card becomes cost 0, it says the card gets "you may play this for free." That's modified text, which should continue to apply regardless of what the cost gets changed to afterwards. Words as written, this works. Obviously we won't be able to confirm it until we have the cards in hand, but I have no reason to expect this won't work.

Combos are never easy early in the life of a TCG... over time, pieces of this kind of thing will get swapped out for other cards with more utility. Even while you're trying to set this scenario up, there's plenty you can be doing in blood/sapphire to keep things in check (sweeps, counters, CMK to draw your deck faster, etc.). I could probably change 9-10 cards from my existing Replicator / Priestess deck and make it this combo deck.

WolfCrypt
05-25-2015, 01:01 AM
Wow Windsinger looks friggen hot I want him.

Malicus
05-25-2015, 02:10 AM
I really like the way digital only changes this kind of card - traditionally getting this kind of ability required revealing information to your opponent and in Hex you know but they don't. Would be interesting if they also made cards that let only you see the top of the opponents deck.

I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with a wild/sapphire deck. This is the kind of engine that can make cards like genesis pool naiad stronger.

Erukk
05-25-2015, 02:45 AM
Would be interesting if they also made cards that let only you see the top of the opponents deck.

Like Subterranean Spy's effect, it would have to be limited, but it's entirely possible. If the effect lasts too long, it would be grossing OP though. A couple of turns at most.

Mahes
05-25-2015, 10:46 AM
I really like the way digital only changes this kind of card - traditionally getting this kind of ability required revealing information to your opponent and in Hex you know but they don't. Would be interesting if they also made cards that let only you see the top of the opponents deck.

I am looking forward to seeing what I can do with a wild/sapphire deck. This is the kind of engine that can make cards like genesis pool naiad stronger.

Incantation of Fear when it transforms into "Maddening Nightmares" allows a player not only too see the top card of an opponents library but they can also choose to bury it.

israel.kendall
05-25-2015, 10:49 AM
Wow Windsinger looks friggen hot I want him.

No one understood your love for critters until they printed Concubunny AA.

WolfCrypt
05-25-2015, 11:14 AM
No one understood your love for critters until they printed Concubunny AA.

I like furries and Concubunnies are girls I'm gay and so far not that many Shin'hare I find sexy Coyotle however....

wolzarg
05-25-2015, 11:48 AM

Not mocking just making with the funny so don't feel insulted or attacked.

WolfCrypt
05-25-2015, 12:53 PM
I think its funny tbh

Fyren
05-25-2015, 05:23 PM
No question, the Coyotle are damned sexy. I just wish they had a culture I found a little more interesting. The Shin'hare, even AA Conc's included, aren't near so hot, but are easily the best lore concept the game has.