PDA

View Full Version : Official Word from Hex Devs - Uruunaz % chance increased if Tier 1 is completed?

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 09:28 AM
Basically title. Would like to know for prosperity!

Ariathor
05-22-2015, 09:39 AM
Those who play through tier 1 are less likely to be experienced players with fine-tuned perfect run decks, so their chance of beauting Uruunaz is lower, so they get a higher chance to meet him(her?).

Next level thinking?

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Those who play through tier 1 are less likely to be experienced players with fine-tuned perfect run decks, so their chance of beauting Uruunaz is lower, so they get a higher chance to meet him(her?).

Next level thinking?
Well, honestly, my thought is around, if they implemented it this way, is what if the % chance increases with each arena champion you face. So, although you can never hit Uruunaz tier 1, what if the % chance to encounter increases because you fought through each champion there... I honestly have no clue how it's calculated, but this information would be helpful to those trying to successfully farm arena.

Yoss
05-22-2015, 09:47 AM
I sure wish there was a way to pay X gold to force a meeting with Uruu. Obviously, X would need to be fairly large.

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 09:50 AM
I can step in here - I am positive that beating tier 1 has no influence on the Uruunaz encounter rate.

Unless they like this idea and implement it, skipping is the way to go.

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Basically title. Would like to know for prosperity!

It has no impact.

Salverus
05-22-2015, 09:57 AM
even if it increases the odds, since it also takes longer, the chance to meet him per hour will never increase.

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 09:58 AM
It has no impact.
Thanks! I've had 4 encounters total. Only 1 was from a skip run. The other 3 were before the Dungeon Crawler patch, and were oddly in quick succession to each other, but included tier 1.

As luck would have it, it did not take many runs for me for the first 3 encounters, but over 100 for the last.

Elwinz
05-22-2015, 10:03 AM
Than we go with next quesion. Is curremt spawn rate ( whcxh came after dc patch) proper or a bug? Some poeple claim its not indtended but i wiould like to know the truth. Its so low atm that i will faster die from boredom if grinding then ever get hand on th erpzuies. ( i had him once after over 100 runs just to get chalenge (+7hp)and shard screw...)

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Than we go with next quesion. Is curremt spawn rate ( whcxh came after dc patch) proper or a bug? Some poeple claim its not indtended but i wiould like to know the truth. Its so low atm that i will faster die from boredom if grinding then ever get hand on th erpzuies. ( i had him once after over 100 runs just to get chalenge (+7hp)and shard screw...)

The current spawn rate is correct.

Chark and I actually talked about this in some detail earlier this week. His spawn percentage is a means to an end. The more important metric is number of times he dies. It will evolve over time for what should be obvious reasons.

Aradon
05-22-2015, 10:08 AM
I've had pretty bad luck with finding him. I ran into him on my very second run, with some jank deck while I was still getting used to the new arena decks and collecting gear, so he beat me pretty good. Since release, I only just ran into him again this week. Unfortunately, it was on a run in which I was testing a single card interaction to see how the client handled it. I played the first fight in tier 1, and dropped since I answered my question. Of course Uruunaz was staring at me at the rewards screen. Test deck never would have stood a chance. Makes me wonder if I need to play terrible decks to lure him out with easy prey :P

ossuary
05-22-2015, 10:30 AM
You'll never get an official answer from a dev with a drop rate.

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 10:31 AM

No one asked for his drop rate... ;)

Diesbudt
05-22-2015, 10:48 AM

I am more curious with his measurements. Like Fang Size, Tail Length, Wing spawn.

vickrpg
05-22-2015, 10:52 AM
I have still yet to ever even encounter Urunaaz. I run arena fairly frequently too.

Kami
05-22-2015, 10:53 AM
I've seen no impact of this whatsoever. I complete Tier 1 every time I grind Arena now and have yet to see Urunaaz in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo...ooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Thoom
05-22-2015, 10:59 AM
The current spawn rate is correct.

Chark and I actually talked about this in some detail earlier this week. His spawn percentage is a means to an end. The more important metric is number of times he dies. It will evolve over time for what should be obvious reasons.

This makes it sound like he's going to get rarer and rarer over time, as player decks improve and more players join. Guess I'd better get to dragon hunting while the getting is still sort of good.

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 11:18 AM
This makes it sound like he's going to get rarer and rarer over time, as player decks improve and more players join. Guess I'd better get to dragon hunting while the getting is still sort of good.

Really? Isn't there another factor that skews it way, way in the other direction?

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Obvious answer is that more players coming in will inevitably increase the number of Uruunaz kills/week, until it becomes a significant number/day.

Of course, the number of players that will represent will make the impact of the drops nearly completely insignificant. Which seems to be the intent. :)

Thoom
05-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Maybe, but if there is I'm too addled to think of it.

It seems to me that if the target metric is X kills per active player per unit time, then as time marches on and player decks get stronger, their success rate when encountering Urunaaz will increase, requiring a reduction in his spawn rate to keep the per capita flow of rewards steady.

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Maybe, but if there is I'm too addled to think of it.

It seems to me that if the target metric is X kills per active player per unit time, then as time marches on and player decks get stronger, their success rate when encountering Urunaaz will increase, requiring a reduction in his spawn rate to keep the per capita flow of rewards steady.

Yeah, but your skill/deck quality is only half the equation in any given match.

Jormungandr
05-22-2015, 11:30 AM
Once more PvE is out there, the number of people doing arena will (presumably) drop, so if anything if they want the number of Uruunaz kills to be pretty consistent over time, the encounter rate should go up.

juggernaut
05-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Uruunaz is a red herring. Like Communism.

DoctorJack
05-22-2015, 12:22 PM
No sign of Uruunaz after 30+ runs (I skip the first Tier), the funny thing is that I'm only interested in the Sleeve and I didn't care about the 100.000 golds one bit.

Superjuice
05-22-2015, 12:29 PM
No sign of Uruunaz after 30+ runs (I skip the first Tier), the funny thing is that I'm only interested in the Sleeve and I didn't care about the 100.000 golds one bit.

Easily up to 30+ perfect runs and countless clears with no sign of him, running out of steam... ;(

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Guys, some people up in the 100's of runs (myself among them.) Yes, Uruunaz is incredibly rare.

Superjuice
05-22-2015, 12:34 PM
Guys, some people up in the 100's of runs (myself among them.) Yes, Uruunaz is incredibly rare.

Perhaps the rate needs to be reconsidered then because Arena just isn't that entertaining... lol

Daer
05-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Haven't seen Uruunaz yet.

DoctorJack
05-22-2015, 12:43 PM

Yes but someone faced it multiple times.

Perhaps the rate needs to be reconsidered then because Arena just isn't that entertaining... lol

They could just lower the rewards.

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 12:45 PM

I have made this suggestion too. :p

Shadowflame
05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Yes but someone faced it multiple times.

I think that was before they reduced the spawn rate, so they were lucky to play it early. I've also played countless complete arena runs and never seen him.

Superjuice
05-22-2015, 12:53 PM

Get out of here with that logic! Then we'd have no reason to bore ourselves to death over some stupid sleeves.

DoctorJack
05-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Get out of here with that logic! Then we'd have no reason to bore ourselves to death over some stupid sleeves.

The problem is that even if you find him you have to beat him and with all the Extinctions and such it will not be easy.

Thoom
05-22-2015, 01:05 PM
The other problem is that the existence of Uruunaz makes me not want to play fun decks in the Arena, because on the off chance I get my 1-in-a-thousand Uruunaz encounter, I want the best possible chance to beat him.

How bad would it feel to encounter Uru and get rekt by him because you were playing a fun-but-weak janky Johnny deck, knowing that it'll probably be another 100 runs before you see him again.

Aradon
05-22-2015, 01:15 PM
The other problem is that the existence of Uruunaz makes me not want to play fun decks in the Arena, because on the off chance I get my 1-in-a-thousand Uruunaz encounter, I want the best possible chance to beat him.

How bad would it feel to encounter Uru and get rekt by him because you were playing a fun-but-weak janky Johnny deck, knowing that it'll probably be another 100 runs before you see him again.

Feels pretty bad. Entered the arena to test a single card interaction, with a deck full of card draw just to figure things out. Turns out that was my Uruunaz run. It really does suck :P

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 01:16 PM

Why? You're again considering the current iteration of the content. Not the final version. Mercenaries will be a thing eventually. ;)

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Why? You're again considering the current iteration of the content. Not the final version. Mercenaries will be a thing eventually. ;)

I hope soon! I can't wait to try more crazy decks. :D

Thoom
05-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I just realized that while writing up a post for the EA thread. Having a dragon killing mercenary in my pocket would pretty much alleviate that concern.

negativeZer0
05-22-2015, 01:27 PM
Would like to see gold reward lowered so he can spawn more frequently.

Deathlock
05-22-2015, 01:43 PM
I've never seen Uruunaz in Arena. More then 60 runs completed ;(

Khazrakh
05-22-2015, 02:03 PM

While you are correct Arena is all we have right now.
I ran into Uruunaz once - with a janky draw-my-whole-deck uhm...deck.
I lost and ever since I'm only playing decks that will beat him because the 100.000 gold are just too much to risk again ;)

Flairina
05-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Yeah, current problem isn't really encounter probability, it's that the frost ring doesn't have enough variation to keep those of us without five million different decks to use interested. Maybe if you could switch decks mid arena run, but as is it gets pretty old pretty fast. All just for some sleeves... and gold, at least for the moment I suppose.

DoctorJack
05-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Can I suggest you another mode? Glacial Madness Arena, like a draft you have to put together a deck with random cards and try to reach the last boss, rewards will be different and you'll not keep any of the cards you used, it seems fun to me.

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Can I suggest you another mode? Glacial Madness Arena, like a draft you have to put together a deck with random cards and try to reach the last boss, rewards will be different and you'll not keep any of the cards you used, it seems fun to me.
There was talk of a future Dungeon being like this. It will likely be a boxed experience (meaning the subset of cards may be the same or limited), but it may be a future option.

DoctorJack
05-22-2015, 03:00 PM
There was talk of a future Dungeon being like this. It will likely be a boxed experience (meaning the subset of cards may be the same or limited), but it may be a future option.
Unfortunately I think the game needs some PvE variety right now and not "eventually" in the future, grinding the frost arena as it is now gets old really quickly.

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately I think the game needs some PvE variety now and not "eventually" in the future, grinding the frost arena as it is now gets old really quickly.
You do realize what you are asking for is phantom draft, and it diminishes the value paying players are rewarded. This concept is already achievable for F2P - grind gold for 3 packs, and 100 plat, and join a draft....

Also, additions to the PvE experience you are going to have to be patient for.. Specially since many of us have been waiting for that experience for over 2 years now. What we need now is a lot, but what we have now is what we get.

Yoss
05-22-2015, 03:13 PM
You do realize what you are asking for is phantom draft, and it diminishes the value paying players are rewarded. This concept is already achievable for F2P - grind gold for 3 packs, and 100 plat, and join a draft....

Also, additions to the PvE experience you are going to have to be patient for.. Specially since many of us have been waiting for that experience for over 2 years now. What we need now is a lot, but what we have now is what we get.

Might be fun to have an entry fee Arena Sealed. Pay 200p and 6 packs, build your deck, and go! The rewards should be juiced up considerably for this much harder mode.

Yoss
05-22-2015, 03:14 PM

This. There are so many other decks I want to try, but I've never seen Uruu and OMG if I were to finally find him and then lose due to running some janky deck I'd be so upset.

Therefore, I always run one of my most efficient decks, which gets very boring. :(

OK, I'll ask: what's his drop rate?

DoctorJack
05-22-2015, 03:22 PM

The game is advertised as F2P so even if you don't pay it should be fun and IMHO grinding golds for 3 packs + 100 platinum every time just to have a shot in a real draft especially as a newcomer is neither fun nor convenient because you'll most likely loose. This game needs a mode where you can practice drafting against the AI and get to know all the cards of the game without wasting your opponent's time reading everything, you'll always win PvE stuff and equipments as it is now so I can't really see the harm in it.

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 03:24 PM
OK, I'll ask: what's his drop rate?

I find it amusing that this was posted out of order, but yeah, Oss preempted the question. As with the primal rates etc, we will have to figure it out ourselves.

Yoss
05-22-2015, 03:28 PM
I find it amusing that this was posted out of order, but yeah, Oss preempted the question. As with the primal rates etc, we will have to figure it out ourselves.

Colin's post was AFTER ossuary's, TYVM. So my question stands. Colin seemed to imply "ask and you will receive".

Xenavire
05-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Colin's post was AFTER ossuary's, TYVM. So my question stands. Colin seemed to imply "ask and you will receive".

That wasn't how I interpreted it - I saw it as Colin (amusingly) chastising Ossuary for not reading the topic and posting a seemingly unrelated answer to a non-existent question.

In fact, I am fairly sure you could ask Colin directly and he would say flat-out that he couldn't tell you.

Elwinz
05-22-2015, 03:50 PM
his drop rate is 100%, Spawnb rate is difernet thing

Diesbudt
05-22-2015, 04:08 PM
The game is advertised as F2P so even if you don't pay it should be fun and IMHO grinding golds for 3 packs + 100 platinum every time just to have a shot in a real draft especially as a newcomer is neither fun nor convenient because you'll most likely loose. This game needs a mode where you can practice drafting against the AI and get to know all the cards of the game without wasting your opponent's time reading everything, you'll always win PvE stuff and equipments as it is now so I can't really see the harm in it.

Cory said a while ago there will be an early dungeon in the PvE campaign that does this.

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Cory said a while ago there will be an early dungeon in the PvE campaign that does this.

Which I already mentioned to DoctorJack. Time is just something that isn't going to be convenient for everyone that wants all the fun stuff now.

hex_colin
05-22-2015, 05:29 PM
That wasn't how I interpreted it - I saw it as Colin (amusingly) chastising Ossuary for not reading the topic and posting a seemingly unrelated answer to a non-existent question.

In fact, I am fairly sure you could ask Colin directly and he would say flat-out that he couldn't tell you.

This. :)

Yoss
05-22-2015, 05:49 PM
This. :)

Dang. :p

ossuary
05-22-2015, 07:26 PM
I can guarantee that the Arena contains at least three parts per million of Uruunaz, based on volume.

Voormas
05-22-2015, 09:05 PM
For my own piece of mind I would like to know if there is a lower % chance to see him if you have seen him before?

I haven't fought him yet but HAVE withdrawn from the Arena one time to mess with my deck and saw some kind of special reward screen - I've only done around 50 Arena runs because I have a real job / other hobbies, but I want those sleeves so damned bad!

Xenavire
05-23-2015, 02:39 AM
For my own piece of mind I would like to know if there is a lower % chance to see him if you have seen him before?

I haven't fought him yet but HAVE withdrawn from the Arena one time to mess with my deck and saw some kind of special reward screen - I've only done around 50 Arena runs because I have a real job / other hobbies, but I want those sleeves so damned bad!

Same chance, no matter how many times you encounter him.

He does drop less of his unique cards/equips on subsequent kills (after the first kill you get less loot), but the encounter rate is static.

Assassine
05-23-2015, 03:19 AM
Same chance, no matter how many times you encounter him.

He does drop less of his unique cards/equips on subsequent kills (after the first kill you get less loot), but the encounter rate is static.

As far as i know, this is just a rumor created from badly worded patch notes and not true.

Xenavire
05-23-2015, 03:41 AM
As far as i know, this is just a rumor created from badly worded patch notes and not true.

I'd say my first-hand experience trumps your patch note theory. ;)

Assassine
05-23-2015, 04:18 AM
Did your first-hand experiences happen before said patch-notes that were supposed to fix said problem but sounded like they introduced it? :p

ossuary
05-23-2015, 04:36 AM
<removed due to Xenavire's correction>

I can't speak about anything that may or may not affect spawn rates.

Xenavire
05-23-2015, 04:50 AM
Did your first-hand experiences happen before said patch-notes that were supposed to fix said problem but sounded like they introduced it? :p

Both before and after.

He drops the same amount of loot every time. The patch note (which was indeed poorly worded) was supposed to say they had FIXED the fact that he USED to drop less on subsequent kills (1x leech instead of 4x leeches, I believe). He works correctly now - every single time you kill him, you get 100K gold, 4x leeches, and both leech equipment.

I can't speak about anything that may or may not affect spawn rates.

Wrong. He used to drop everything every time, since the fix he drops 1x Leech and 1 equip.

Take it from someone with multiple kills. They fixed the droprate. I believe the 'increase' was actually a fix to Uruunaz rarely dropping nothing.

ossuary
05-23-2015, 06:15 AM
That hasn't been my experience, but I'll take your word for it. You've beaten him more recently than I have (I lost the last time he bothered to show his cowardly face).

Xenavire
05-23-2015, 07:46 AM
That hasn't been my experience, but I'll take your word for it. You've beaten him more recently than I have (I lost the last time he bothered to show his cowardly face).

If I remember correctly, I made an inquiry about it and was told it was largely a bugfix. My experience has backed that up 100%, so I have no reason to doubt it.

Steelio
05-23-2015, 02:12 PM
So he only drops x1 leecher now and not x4?

If I remember correctly, I made an inquiry about it and was told it was largely a bugfix. My experience has backed that up 100%, so I have no reason to doubt it.

hex_colin
05-23-2015, 02:16 PM
So he only drops x1 leecher now and not x4?

He drops 4 Leechers. And the equipment. And 100K Gold. And a sleeve the first time.

The bug fix was because sometimes he dropped less than that when you saw him a second time and it needed to be fixed. He drops exactly the same thing every time he's killed now. The patch notes were not the best.

nicosharp
05-23-2015, 02:17 PM
I think the first encounter for each account still rewards a playset of burrowers. Before Uruunaz did not always drop 4x. He dropped 4x for first win, and 1x for consecutive wins, but you could be rewarded the equipment and burrowers randomly vs. other bosses. They fixed that loot table break.

Colin, I recently encountered Uruu, and I can confirm he only drops 1x Leeching after the first kill (and the equip)

Xenavire
05-23-2015, 04:47 PM
It is funny exactly how much confusion there is over this - perhaps a dev could give us the exact details on the fix to end all the conflicting reports?

I am absolutely positive it is only dropping 1 leech (and I believe one of the two equips) for any win after the 2nd. That is postpatch. Pre-patch it was possible (and almost guaranteed) to get the full reward list for each win (so I had a spare set of leeches that I traded away before the patch, and after the patch I only got 1 extra.)

I should mention that my total number of encounters over various accounts is at 4 wins (3 on my own account), 1 loss, and 1 incomplete run where he was waiting. So I have a lot of experience that others might be lacking. (For those wondering, I offered to help my fiancee to get through the arena, and happened to score a lucky win as a part of that.)

Steelio
05-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Ah gotcha, thanks Colin ;]

He drops 4 Leechers. And the equipment. And 100K Gold. And a sleeve the first time.

The bug fix was because sometimes he dropped less than that when you saw him a second time and it needed to be fixed. He drops exactly the same thing every time he's killed now. The patch notes were not the best.

wolzarg
05-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Can he be the first opponent after tier 1? I assume not but would love to be proven wrong.

Diesbudt
05-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Can he be the first opponent after tier 1? I assume not but would love to be proven wrong.

My guess is when you load up arena the 12 minion spots are filled from 2.1 to 4.4 at random. The closer to 4.4 the better chance of Uruunaz as there are less AI to compete with it to be an option. While 2.1 is possible i think you will almost always see him later on. I seen him @ 4.2 myself.

DoctorJack
05-24-2015, 09:25 AM

I wouldn't count on that, it will be easily exploitable:

1) Enter the arena
2) Press skip Tier 1
3) Uruunaz? If not leave the arena
4) Rinse and repeat for profit.

Xenavire
05-24-2015, 10:24 AM
I am 90% sure Uruunaz can only appear in the 3rd and 4th encounter slots per tier (and only tier 2+.) This gives you 6 encounter slots as far as I am aware.

Yoss
05-24-2015, 01:13 PM
I am 90% sure Uruunaz can only appear in the 3rd and 4th encounter slots per tier (and only tier 2+.) This gives you 6 encounter slots as far as I am aware.

The guy just before you already said he saw Uruu at 4.2

Xenavire
05-24-2015, 01:19 PM
The guy just before you already said he saw Uruu at 4.2

Missed that. Working off personal experience and screenshots, never saw Uruunaz in slot 2 before.

That ups it to 9 encounter slots.

Diesbudt
05-24-2015, 01:29 PM
The bigger question is... What happened to moon'arui sensei AI???

Assassine
05-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Its still tunneling.