PDA

View Full Version : Enthusiasm is back

Counter
05-22-2015, 02:09 PM
Just wanted to say with the last Friday update and the video interviews compiled by Cirouss, my enthusiasm is back. It's waning quite a bit as of late. Just get the next Armies of Myth set out by summer so we all have a fun game to play with during the hot months and things will go well with flying colors!

I've noticed the player population has been been less active the past few months and my own enthusiasm has also waned. As Cory has said many times in the past, the fastest way to kill a TCG is lack of content.

Realistically, I hope you can get Set 3 out before of the 4th of July weekend. Delaying until August or September is going to be way too long. Even as I type this, I'm excited about the game again, but I haven't even played it at all for the past two months. And unfortunately likely, I won't be playing until the new set comes out, which in all likelihood is yet another month away.

Excited to see what's coming, but also don't take too long... I know there are probably many players willing to spend money on the game, but there's nothing to spend it on at the moment.

seyfini
05-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Exactlty True. Mid june should be good as well.
Nothing more to say :P

Khazrakh
05-22-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm still playing almost every day, but often times I just log in, do some stuff on the AH, play some arena encounters and log out again.
Really looking forward to set 3 and doing a ton of drafts again.

Also Cirouss - thank you so much for making that video - it's fantastic!

Gwaer
05-22-2015, 02:50 PM
10:09-10:11 still the best part of the video.

N3rd4Christ
05-22-2015, 02:52 PM
If by enthusiasm you mean raging I agree 100%

nicosharp
05-22-2015, 03:12 PM
I've already had someone post his entire collection up for sale in our guild. I don't think this update was as well received as intended, or maybe they just got bored?

Counter
05-22-2015, 03:38 PM
I've already had someone post his entire collection up for sale in our guild. I don't think this update was as well received as intended, or maybe they just got bored?

It's possible that they just don't believe the new set will come anytime soon I know another friend whom sold his whole collection as well. And it's easy to know population when scheduled events are not firing and drafts actually have to wait a few minutes.

I believe the people all have passion for the game, but you need business skills too.

As a side note, I'm moving to LA next month, so maybe I'll drop in on the Hex HQ :) But say in the world of entertainment. Imagine you tune into to watch Game of Thrones and suddenly they say...no new episode for 3 weeks, or that it's delayed. You'd be very unhappy right? And if your favorite TV show is not released on time, even though you like it, you sort of forget about it.

As they say among writers in Hollywood at the WGA. It's "Good writing on time." Can't have one without the other.

Cirouss
05-26-2015, 02:44 PM
Just wanted to say with the last Friday update and the video interviews compiled by Cirouss, my enthusiasm is back. It's waning quite a bit as of late. Just get the next Armies of Myth set out by summer so we all have a fun game to play with during the hot months and things will go well with flying colors!

I've noticed the player population has been been less active the past few months and my own enthusiasm has also waned. As Cory has said many times in the past, the fastest way to kill a TCG is lack of content.

Realistically, I hope you can get Set 3 out before of the 4th of July weekend. Delaying until August or September is going to be way too long. Even as I type this, I'm excited about the game again, but I haven't even played it at all for the past two months. And unfortunately likely, I won't be playing until the new set comes out, which in all likelihood is yet another month away.

Excited to see what's coming, but also don't take too long... I know there are probably many players willing to spend money on the game, but there's nothing to spend it on at the moment.

Glad to have you back and glad my video had something to do with it! That is really a GREAT achievement for me and the video I created and I am really glad to hear that =)

I'm still playing almost every day, but often times I just log in, do some stuff on the AH, play some arena encounters and log out again.
Really looking forward to set 3 and doing a ton of drafts again.

Also Cirouss - thank you so much for making that video - it's fantastic!

Thank you as well so much for the kind words! I am more than happy with so many people liking HEX - The Passion =)

fido_one
05-26-2015, 06:34 PM

I think sometimes it's the realization you don't have a lot of time or you have to liquidate something for an emergency...

havocattack
05-26-2015, 07:49 PM
ten thousand boners!!!

MatWith1T
05-27-2015, 09:00 AM
10:09-10:11 still the best part of the video.

I thought it kinda dragged until the 12:42 mark... then it just got crazy good :p

Saeijou
05-27-2015, 09:10 AM
I think sometimes it's the realization you don't have a lot of time or you have to liquidate something for an emergency...

well... currently there are a lot of negative posts in the forums... people complain a lot... but we had that as well right before set2 was released...
i mean, the subscribers at wow go down after the content get's old as well...
i'm not worried about that... people will get over it :)