PDA

View Full Version : Megahulk cornercase rule question

Lefto
05-23-2015, 08:21 AM
If a Megahulk who has reduced its tunneling to zero gets bounced and then gets tunneled in the NEXT turn it will immediately surface, BUT here's the question. Will it have speed or not???

Only post if you know, no speculation please. If nobody knows, some help to test it out would be welcome.

Gwaer
05-23-2015, 08:24 AM
Yes, it will. Surfacing grants speed as part of the tunnel mechanic since tunneled isn't an in play zone. Otherwise no tunneled troop would be able to attack the turn it surfaces.

desk
05-23-2015, 08:25 AM
it has speed

Lefto
05-23-2015, 08:38 AM
ok thanks ;)

nicosharp
05-23-2015, 08:41 AM
I think the more interesting scenario really is this:
If you have something you tunnel on your turn, and then play an excavation bot face up to untunnel the card you just played during the same turn....
It also has speed.

Lefto
05-23-2015, 08:56 AM
I think the more interesting scenario really is this:
If you have something you tunnel on your turn, and then play an excavation bot face up to untunnel the card you just played during the same turn....
It also has speed.
I don't think it will surface in the first place, or will it?

nicosharp
05-23-2015, 09:14 AM
If it's a tunneling 1 or 2 it will.

Gwaer
05-23-2015, 09:17 AM
It'll also have speed, because surfacing grants speed, doesn't matter how long it was tunneled.

ossuary
05-23-2015, 10:51 AM
It'll also have speed, because surfacing grants speed, doesn't matter how long it was tunneled.

This. Part of the effect of the tunneling power is that every time the troop surfaces, it has Speed that turn. It doesn't permanently grant the troop Speed (so it can't for example use an exhaust effect on your opponent's turn right after when it surfaced on your turn), but each time it surfaces, it has Speed that turn.

So if the Megahulk from the OP is tunneling 0 and it gets bounced, you can tunnel it and it will immediately pop up and be able to attack the same turn you did so.

Oroniss
05-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I laugh at Eldritch Dreamer in the Arena every time he bounces one of my megahulks.

They definitely have speed in this case.

XViper
02-15-2016, 03:27 AM
I came to report a bug, and found this.
Is it REALLY meant to instant surface just because it already gained its tunnel counters before?
That seems a little silly imo.
I returned the Megahulk to the AI's hand, only for it to be played immediately the next turn and be back in the game. I full-well expected it to be tunnelled, or the full 10 cost required to be paid.

Gwaer
02-15-2016, 03:49 AM
That's not why it comes up instantly. it's because it can be reduced to tunneling 0. Anything with tunneling 0 just would surface instantly

Jormungandr
02-15-2016, 06:28 AM
Yeah, like Gwaer said, the megahulk acts differently than most tunnelers in that it reduces its tunneling requirement each turn based on dwarves/robots in play. So it's getting tunneling counters, but also reducing the tunneling requirement. When it surfaces, the tunneling counters go away, but the tunneling requirement reduction is permanent (unless reverted). So if it reduces the tunneling requirement to 0 before it surfaces, it will insta-surface the next time it's tunneled.

Most tunneling troops act like you expect because they are tunneling 3 (for example) and if they're bounced, they're still tunneling 3 even though they've surfaced once.