PDA

View Full Version : New Spoiler from todays official stream!

Cirouss
05-24-2015, 08:45 AM
There you go with the next Spoiler!

Have fun =)

http://i.imgur.com/fghTVaW.jpg

MatWith1T
05-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Sexy!

Mr.Funsocks
05-24-2015, 08:50 AM
All the spoilers this far have been legendaries/rare... I suppose with the set's name that's appropriate.

Vorsa
05-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Neat-o! :cool:
Thank you.

chromus
05-24-2015, 08:55 AM
All the spoilers this far have been legendaries/rare... I suppose with the set's name that's appropriate.

There has been 4 Common, 1 Uncommon, 16 Rare, and 8 Legendary Set 3 Spoilers thus far (and 2 Promos from this month's VIP tourney awards).

Khendral
05-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Most spoilers are rare/legendary because they usually are more flashy and create more hype than your average common :)

Erukk
05-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Most spoilers are rare/legendary because they usually are more flashy and create more hype than your average common :)

Funny, since it's kinda the opposite for me. Spoiled rares and legendries might show me what I might be building my decks around, but I personally enjoy the spoiled commons and uncommons since they show me the true meat of the set and what I'll be building my deck with.

LNQ
05-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Is there a consolidated spoiled card list somewhere?

BaijoGosum
05-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Is there a consolidated spoiled card list somewhere?

http://www.hexprimal.com/spoilers/

Xenavire
05-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Some of the legendary spoilers have been fairly insane looking, but it does seem a little lopsided right now. Zero Ruby or Diamond (mono) spoilers so far for Legendary. I am looking forward to seeing which shard will have the upper hand on launch day (in terms of most hyped cards), so I hope there are ruby and diamond spoilers lined up for the next week. :)

Right now I am heavily considering a sapphire diamond deck, as there are some crazy synergies sitting there.

poizonous
05-24-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah I have always pushed for more spoilers but I feel like they are handing them out imporoperly, All the Flash and Glamour is great but doing it this way leads the rest of the spoilers to seem lackluster in comparison

wolzarg
05-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Yeah I have always pushed for more spoilers but I feel like they are handing them out imporoperly, All the Flash and Glamour is great but doing it this way leads the rest of the spoilers to seem lackluster in comparison

My cupcakes taste bad because the cake i had earlier was so delicious?

Malakili
05-24-2015, 06:37 PM
Another expensive blue card that can be used, more or less, as a finisher in a sea of blue cards that can be used as finishers. Ok I guess.

magic_gazz
05-24-2015, 06:45 PM
"My past holds only pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future."

:)

JohnDruitt
05-25-2015, 07:08 AM
I may be wrong but "you can play a card" is a constant ability therefore should'nt it able a player to play sorceries at instant speed and troops as quick?

Xenavire
05-25-2015, 07:12 AM
I may be wrong but "you can play a card" is a constant ability therefore should'nt it able a player to play sorceries at instant speed and troops as quick?

It seems highly likely that it only enables the card to be played, but doesn't change the conditions in which it can be played.

I mean, instant mastery, extinction, inquisition... I think the power would be much, much higher, even disregarding troops.

wolzarg
05-25-2015, 07:12 AM
No mainly because there is no such thing as sorcery but also no in general

Incindium
05-25-2015, 07:18 AM
Yeah I read it as basically extending the top card of your draw pile to effectively be in your hand except that stuff targets your hand wouldn't apply to it.

Svenn
05-25-2015, 07:40 AM

"You can play a card" (also, it's "You can play the top card from your deck") doesn't remove all the regular restrictions. You still pay the costs, for example. It would have to say "You can play the top card from your deck at quick speed..."

JohnDruitt
05-25-2015, 07:44 AM
It seems highly likely that it only enables the card to be played, but doesn't change the conditions in which it can be played.

It says you CAN play them and since we dont have a rulebook which defines what "to play" means I would assume that I am able to play instant extinction. Imagine we have a rule "You can only play basic actions during your main phases". Now we have "You can play the top card of your deck". In every TCG I've played cards override book rules so I'd like official clarification on this matter.

@Edit UP

As I said. There is no definiotion of "playing" a card. Playing may just mean to pay the cost and restriction can be based on another rule.

Xenavire
05-25-2015, 07:52 AM
It says you CAN play them and since we dont have a rulebook which defines what "to play" means I would assume that I am able to play instant extinction. Imagine we have a rule "You can only play basic actions during your main phases". Now we have "You can play the top card of your deck". In every TCG I've played cards override book rules so I'd like official clarification on this matter.

@Edit UP

As I said. There is no definiotion of "playing" a card. Playing may just mean to pay the cost and restriction can be based on another rule.

I don't really see any merit in your reasoning. We have Basic abilities, Quick abilities, etc - the speeds are pretty ingrained and obvious. I can't see a good reason for this ability to be an exception unless it states an exception (which it doesn't.)

It really seems like it just treats the card as being in the hand, minus the risk of discard/hand limit.

JohnDruitt
05-25-2015, 08:13 AM
I don't really see any merit in your reasoning. We have Basic abilities, Quick abilities, etc - the speeds are pretty ingrained and obvious. I can't see a good reason for this ability to be an exception unless it states an exception (which it doesn't.)

It really seems like it just treats the card as being in the hand, minus the risk of discard/hand limit.

There is a merit if this card is designed to do something exceptional. It already cant be treated as a hand extension because you cannot tunnel your top card (as far as I know tunneling works only from hand).

Xenavire
05-25-2015, 08:25 AM
There is a merit if this card is designed to do something exceptional. It already cant be treated as a hand extension because you cannot tunnel your top card (as far as I know tunneling works only from hand).

True, tunneling would be exempt, but I still see zero reason to realistically think it will allow such things at this point. It is fun to consider, but it seems very unlikely.

Aradon
05-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Saying that it lets you play a card at a time you otherwise wouldn't is like saying it lets you play a card when you don't have the resources for it, or the threshold for it. Unless it explicitly contradicts the rules, you still follow the normal casting restrictions: timing, costs, and targets.

Granted, it probably should say 'may' rather than 'can,' but CZE seems to be a little loose with their wording sometimes, and it's not quite to print yet so they might change it on an edit pass before release.

JohnDruitt
05-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Saying that it lets you play a card at a time you otherwise wouldn't is like saying it lets you play a card when you don't have the resources for it, or the threshold for it. Unless it explicitly contradicts the rules, you still follow the normal casting restrictions: timing, costs, and targets.

Well, lets look at the cottontail scout. You may tunnel a card for free (which means you pay 0 resources) yet you dont have to have required treshold for tunneling. Card doesnt say that you may bypass that requirement yet you can.

And ofc I would not be confused if the card had "may" instead of "can" (talking about spoiled one)

Svenn
05-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Well, lets look at the cottontail scout. You may tunnel a card for free (which means you pay 0 resources) yet you dont have to have required treshold for tunneling. Card doesnt say that you may bypass that requirement yet you can.

And ofc I would not be confused if the card had "may" instead of "can" (talking about spoiled one)
It sure does say that you can bypass that requirement. It says for free. Playing a card consists of 2 "costs"... the resource amount and the threshold. Playing it for free means bypassing all of the costs.

Aradon
05-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Good points. Two things to consider here, though. The first is that it tells you to take an action for free. It specifies free, which covers all cost restrictions. I wouldn't consider it to include timing restrictions. The second is that yes, a Cottontail Scout allows you to tunnel a troop the moment he comes into play, including on the opponent's turn if you manage to get that to happen. However, when a triggered ability (or activated ability) instructs you to take an action, you perform that action while resolving the ability. This overrides regular timing restrictions. However, the Augur doesn't instruct you to take an action, like Cottontail does. It allows you to do something you normally couldn't. Since this isn't part of an ability resolving, you're looking at following all timing restrictions.

The most definitive way I can address this right now is by comparison to MtG rules. If you think Hex is going to handle this differently, I suppose I can't gainsay you. But in MtG, if an ability sets up a time frame to do something, such as "You may play the top card of your library until the end of the turn," you follow normal timing restrictions. But if something tells you to do something right now, such as "You may play the top card of your library," then you either do it immediately (ignoring timing restrictions) or lose it. Examples:
Act on Impulse: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383176 - The rules clarifications state that you follow normal timing restrictions.
Memory Plunder: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=146742 - The clarifications state that you ignore sorcery timing restrictions because you're casting it as part of the resolution of the spell.

The Augur's static effect is in the same category as Act on Impulse in that it's a duration rather than a one-time effect.

JohnDruitt
05-25-2015, 12:44 PM
It sure does say that you can bypass that requirement. It says for free. Playing a card consists of 2 "costs"... the resource amount and the threshold. Playing it for free means bypassing all of the costs.

And why is that? Is there a specific rule that states that? From my perspective you do not pay threshold, you just meet the requirement. And thats a different matter than paying card's cost.

Well I cant say thet Hex is going to resolve this matter differently. Mostly because there is no rulebook where we could check the definitions of simple terms like "play" etc.

Fateanomaly
05-25-2015, 08:54 PM
We may not have to pay it but threshold is still part of the cost.

MatWith1T
05-25-2015, 10:02 PM
Keep in mind that if you choose to interpret 'play off the top of your deck' as ignoring the standard play restrictions of the cards (ie threshold and/or basic/quick) then there's no reason to exclude the 1-resource-per-turn restriction either... Even for a legendary, to endlessly play off your entire deck in quick succession without any flooding (not just no flooding, but actually insane ramp) seems unrealistically improper.

f5shooter
05-26-2015, 10:34 AM
It says I can see the top card of my deck, but it does NOT say "reveal" it. So I'm safe to assume my opponent can not see the card, right?

Warrender
05-26-2015, 10:38 AM
It says I can see the top card of my deck, but it does NOT say "reveal" it. So I'm safe to assume my opponent can not see the card, right?

Yes. This is one of those things that can only be done in a digital TCG.

Malakili
05-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Yes. This is one of those things that can only be done in a digital TCG.

You could easily have a card that says "you may look at the top card of your deck" and "You may play the top card of your deck" in a paper TCG. Actually having it face up for just one player as a way of accomplishing that is digital only, of course.