PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of the Pool of Briggadon "Concept"

Bararuku
05-24-2015, 08:24 PM
Link to story (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vR9gTLe5BrSQAKcs0oSMrQk-PEBav6IxkWn6iOfc21I/edit)

will post when new content is added.

The Humans that boarder, far far to the jungles of the west, dare only whisper the lord of Primals. It is no secret to them the power that lurks within for the wood is vast and deep with wild magics since the ancient times.
It is said by the quiet trembling lips off most who venture into the wood that the call of Briggadon is worse then the necrotic's fatal kiss.

The Humans who live closest to the jungles edge are the ones that go mad. Being driven wild by the Primal and disappearing into the wood as they cry out for Briggadon's pool. Many go in search of their loved ones, few return from their searches. But one quivering human returned with an answer to the terror filled whispers of the others. "The pool of the wilds come."

"Rumors have it that Briggadon awaits in the center of that forsaken jungle awaiting his vessels. But for me only one thing awaits in the center of that jungle, strength."
-Jarakal The Earth Swayer-

Gwaer
05-25-2015, 09:33 AM
Cool short story, I like seeing people add stuff here, my biggest criticism is the line since the meteor, hex didn't bring wild magic or blood magic to entrath. Only the gems. Ruby Diamond Sapphire. So the wild places of power for the most part are all much older than the meteor.

RCDv57
05-26-2015, 05:11 AM
I like how it is written as if someone were reciting a legend.
But it doesn't seem right that the Coyotle seem to fear Wild magic in this story.

Bararuku
05-27-2015, 12:08 AM
hmm maybe it should be changed to humans. Ill make sure to change the part about the meteor as well.

RCDv57
05-27-2015, 06:38 AM
hmm maybe it should be changed to humans. Ill make sure to change the part about the meteor as well.

I am a fan of how this is coming along. Are you going to add more?
Also found a minor grammar error, "once" should be "ones"

Gwaer
05-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Much likes, This could even be a Cromag origin story! =) They're humanoid, but wild taintedlooking and we have very little to go on about them.

Bararuku
05-28-2015, 07:40 PM
RCDv57 I was thinking about expanding on it but I havent really gotten anywhere with it. I was sort of thinking the last quote would be a coyotle but I likethe cromag idea.

RCDv57
05-28-2015, 09:21 PM
RCDv57 I was thinking about expanding on it but I havent really gotten anywhere with it. I was sort of thinking the last quote would be a coyotle but I likethe cromag idea.

Jarakal could be some sort of charismatic Coyotle outcast. He then tricks a band of humans into helping him find the Pool of Briggadon. Then something terrible happens and they become the Cromag.

Hopefully that gets your brain juices flowing.

Bararuku
06-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Alright a very rough idea of where the story is gonna start was updated. I have a very sick idea of what i should do that might shock you guys :D

RCDv57
06-06-2015, 06:57 AM
Alright a very rough idea of where the story is gonna start was updated. I have a very sick idea of what i should do that might shock you guys :D

I can't wait!

Bararuku
06-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Alrighty update is up and this will be the second part of the story that will be apart of the main story. :P its gonna be sweet!

RCDv57
06-07-2015, 01:55 PM
Robotic Shinhare Butcher infused with wild magic appoaches!
Man the Battlestations.

Bararuku
06-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Im glad to say more content was added to the story and I am pleased with how it turned out. I wonder how the swords and pendant will come into play later on ;D

Bararuku
06-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Updates are in and man this one was something Ive been wanting to write about. :P wait till you see how it all fits together!

RCDv57
06-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Teeth.

Bararuku
06-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Got another update for ya, Jarakal is finally out of the prairie!

Bararuku
06-13-2015, 09:12 PM
It was raining and the robot was twitching violently from the damp air under a ridge it had found near by. It was perplexed from the substance that was falling from overhead and was rather frightened of the vile thing. When it had awoke it was staring into the empty void of rolling clouds and could not understand the texture change that hovered above him like silent death. As soon as a single drop hit its screen it sizzled like acid against it. Which in turn made the robot panic and flee for the first sight of cover it could spot. A green spark arched into the rain with a loud thunderous clap and as if the ground was sprouting to its aid, expanded the ridge so that it was now more like in the shape of a dome with a little hole to exit from. The robot now surprised from the sudden expanse in dry quarters started to move around while it rubbed its mechanical arms as if trying to consult itself to make sure they were still attached and still functioning. When it had checked the surroundings of the enclosure with the light emitting from its screen it clapped its hand gleefully and pranced about in a wild flail as white sparks bounced about from its joints. After some time it approached the entrance to its new hut and looked at the substance still falling to the ground and looking up to the black void that hid the twinkling lights that he had come to admire and love. What ever this was he despised and feared such evil nonsense and would from this day forward call it the dark goop. Satisfied with with its renaming of rain, it turned to its enclosure and began to scrape out a living space for itself into the walls of the dome until the rain outside fell silent and sparks flew from the entrance of the dome.

:wild:6/14/2015 Update to story, the bot found a spot and called it his home :P

Bararuku
06-13-2015, 09:14 PM
hmm Im starting to think I need a folder or another sub thread to keep it all in one place.

RCDv57
06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
It might be a good idea to chop up these blocks of text into a couple of smaller easier to digest paragraphs.
And when you want to switch narratives try something like this.

Bararuku
06-14-2015, 09:14 AM
well the only reason they are blocks is because of the word limit they give you for each post. I might need a way to get around that.

RCDv57
06-14-2015, 07:26 PM
well the only reason they are blocks is because of the word limit they give you for each post. I might need a way to get around that.

There's a word limit?
Hmm... Maybe write it up in Google Doc's and leave a link to it in the posts here?

Bararuku
06-15-2015, 08:02 AM
That might be a good idea.

Bararuku
01-09-2016, 04:18 AM
Hey everyone, I finally jumped back on and started back up with the story. I will do my best to keep up with it and finally got an idea where Jarakal should go from where we last left off. Enjoy!